Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489263 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.
Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?
So you believe that someone can come to Christ hours before they die without being baptized and you don't know if an infant who dies with being baptized goes to Heaven?

Interesting Clay...that's all I can say.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489264 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point I am making is that human beings are born with faith. It is more real than the appearances of the world.
You make this claim, but have no support for it.

Why?

Oh yeah - that is "faith", huh? One can exclaim that it is present, but through honesty, it only resides within a person's mind and one cannot prove that it is instilled.

Can you prove you have thsi 'faith' from birth?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489265 Nov 7, 2013
So you believe that someone can come to Christ hours before they die without being baptized and you don't know if an infant who dies WITHOUT being baptized goes to Heaven?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#489266 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"You might be condemned for your sins but my sins, past, present and future were forgiven the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."
____
I do not believe that our future sins are forgiven when we get saved
only our passed sins....
AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN....We have to deal with our sins and.... confess them... for them to be put under the Blood.
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of
--> sins THAT ARE PAST,<-- through the forbearance of God;
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
IF WE DON'T THEY WILL STAND AGAINST US IN THE JUDGMENT..
RECEIVING JESUS AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ...
DOES NOT GIVE ANY ON A FREE PASS ...FOR THEIR FUTURE SINS...
http://biblehub.com/romans/8-26.htm

But WE MUST REPENT ..And be washed in the blood ..

I believe and was taught ..ten,PRIDUGAL ..ALREADY AN HEIR ...went His way ..But the ONLY parable which pictures he FATHER RUNNING is to embrace the Sinful.sinful Don ..eh o had returned in repentance ..

The sin lost much But still has His Home in the love if the Father ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489267 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT SINCE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS NOT BAPTIZED
THAT JESUS LIED WHEN HE SAID...
Luk_23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
No, no, no, GIF....I am not saying that Jesus is lying....

If the thief was baptized, it was the baptism of John the Baptist for repentance.....(as there are no scriptures saying that the thief was baptized by John the Baptist)

Can John the Baptist's baptism save anyone? NO!

Remember, no blood was shed....

And, Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....

This is all I am saying...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489268 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, GIF, when was water baptism established?
Jesus had the authority here on earth to forgive the thief right then and there.
Hank

did God accept the "Death Bed Confession" of the thief on the cross?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489269 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we, have a,conscience even before we are saved ..know,right for. Wrong ..especially if we have had religious education.
If that is true, why do you suppose the Protestants and Catholics and Muslims and Jews felt a need to kill each other as being offenders of the same supposed god???

Prince George, Canada

#489270 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But WE MUST REPENT ..And be washed in the blood ..
"WE???"

Who is the "WE" to which you refer???
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#489271 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, there is more to do, that is baptism. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Jesus when he was being ascended to heaven gave instructions to his Apostles to teach and BAPTIZE, this is the last few words that Jesus said before going to be with his Father, and you think that's not important being that this is his last words. Yes you must be baptized and you must be in the church spoken of in the bible or how else are you going to be taught in spirit and in truth. The church in the bible is the Church of Christ, as this is the only church on this planet that one can go and worship in spirit and in truth. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live your life as a Christian until you are called home. Mark 16;16, Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-37, Romans 16;16 1.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
[English Standard Version, Matthew 28:19]
"And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
[Acts 2:38]
"I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
[Matthew 3:11]
"For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
[Galatians 3:27]
"For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit."
[1 Corinthians 12:13]
"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
[Romans 6:3]
"And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."
[Acts 22:16]
"John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins."
[Mark 1:4]
"Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized"
[Acts 18:8]
"because [fn] they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"
[1 Peter 3:20-21]
Working for the Lord

Peace

Baptism takes on two forms, one is a sacred ablution, and the other a metaphorical ablution.

The question is which one, or both are necessary?

You, appear to be focused on sacred ablution(immersion in water, or sprinkling of water), by your writings.

I am just trying to let you see another view, that a metaphorical ablution is just as valid. One who hears the Gospel and accepts it, is a person that is "baptized under fire". By that I mean they hear the true meaning of the Gospel, and accept Christ as their Savior.

It is hard for me, in the world of today, to accept that one must undergo water baptism, and that it is "essential" as you say, in order to have salvation. It is more a rite of passage, although for some, they are called to express their faith, through their born-again experience to be baptized in water.

So it is my hope that you open your view to reading the scriptures to be more inclusive of all people of faith in God....

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#489272 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, and likewise He can forgive whomever He wants to this day. And at anytime He wants.
He can?

How?

Prince George, Canada

#489273 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, GIF....I am not saying that Jesus is lying....
If you insinuate that a Jew would prefer Christians over his own Jews ... I suggest that you are saying Jesus is capable of lying. Either THAT ... or YOU are capable of lying for insinuating such nonsense.

Silly theology.

Albuquerque, NM

#489274 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:

A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.
Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that someone can come to Christ hours before they die without being baptized and you don't know if an infant who dies with being baptized goes to Heaven?

These statements sound like rituals have nothing to do with "being saved".

Thus baptism is just a ruse.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489275 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE WORD'S OF PAUL IN...
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified,
unto the Jews a stumblingblock,
and
unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
GIF...

You wrote:

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

It is the power of God....

It is the power and working of God in our baptism.....

Die to sin in baptism....

In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision NOT performed by human hands.

Your whole self ruled by the flesh (SIN) was put OFF when you were circumcised BY CHRIST,

having been BURIED with HIM in BAPTISM, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the ~~~WORKING OF GOD,~~~ who raised him from the dead.

Prince George, Canada

#489276 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WHEN DID THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS EVER CHANGE...
According to the Catholic theologians Jesus' authority as a baptized Catholic has never changed.

However ... I suggest you take your case to the court of the only Abraham god Jehovah.

:)

Location hidden

#489277 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"WE???"
Who is the "WE" to which you refer???
In ancient times, God winked at ignorance but now commands all people to Repentance, that includes you June, regardless if you accept it or not. But hey don't worry, you will get your time to bow before Him
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#489278 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You make this claim, but have no support for it.
Why?
Oh yeah - that is "faith", huh? One can exclaim that it is present, but through honesty, it only resides within a person's mind and one cannot prove that it is instilled.
Can you prove you have thsi 'faith' from birth?
NASL

Peace

Yeah....A seed appears to have no trunk, limbs, and leaves. But trees exist and grow from seeds.

Faith is like a mustard seed....

You seem a bit "down" in your writing. Perhaps a little war-weary with the religionists on the thread?

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#489279 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, and likewise He can forgive whomever He wants to this day. And at anytime He wants.
Do you believe that Jehovah will forgive you for claiming that a son of his prefers Christians over Jews???

Prince George, Canada

#489280 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point I am making is that human beings are born with faith.
Did you figure that out by using your intellect???

:)
headlines

Marietta, GA

#489281 Nov 7, 2013

VATICAN -- ISRAEL debate TEMPLE MOUNT

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Prince George, Canada

#489282 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT SINCE THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS NOT BAPTIZED
According to Catholics, the thief was baptized as a Catholic and now resides with Jesus in Catholic heaven, where no Jews, Muslims or Protestants or Hindus or Atheists et cetera are allowed.

The Catholics managed to god-knap the Jewish god and claim him for their OWN!

Isn't that revealing???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr par five 84,140
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 19 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 19 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 20 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States 21 hr Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web