Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489448 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose that woman is trying to get under your skin. She understand full what you were trying to say but she rather focus on her personal vendetta that she has for you..Pity the poor woman that she has only YOU as entertainment LOL
So true,..And I really think I'm.right about MARY and the brethren trying to take,Jesus,home .

She,knew who HE,WAS,..But she,was a woman ..And I've no doubt the others,were worked up ..

As a,mother shed,prefer Him safe,...as,HIS,miter she knew,what He had to do...Well at least part of it ...

If she'd known in advance of the,Crucifixion..it would have,broken her heart way before it was time ....

We were not there,..But we know,she,loved Him.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#489449 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was saying.
So really the question is: Did Jesus Christ set up His Church with Peter as the earthly head. And if so, would his successor in turn be the head? It appears so if you read some of the early writings by the Bishop of Rome, as well as St. Jerome and Augustine.
These are things being discussed by both of our Churches today. I think the schism will end in my lifetime. The whole split was stupid anyway. It had more to do with culture and language than sound doctrine.
In my opinion the issue of primacy is too conflicting and confusing for the east and the west to ever agree on a definition that works in practice . The two churches has been talking for over 50 years.....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489450 Nov 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
Thank you CJ.
Most interesting ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489451 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you CJ.
Most interesting ...
And,please,see my three answers to that ..as I do not agree with them .And please ignore my typo ..it was,obvious,I meant BETROTHAL ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489452 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"-OZ
MAN????probably not ..But you're right ..:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#489453 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So really the question is: Did Jesus Christ set up His Church with Peter as the earthly head. And if so, would his successor in turn be the head? It appears so if you read some of the early writings by the Bishop of Rome, as well as St. Jerome and Augustine.
These are things being discussed by both of our Churches today. I think the schism will end in my lifetime. The whole split was stupid anyway. It had more to do with culture and language than sound doctrine.
You should read the bible instead of a Bishop of Rome's writings, who isn't infallible like God, that's another reason why the Catholic Church is nothing more than a false church spewing false doctrine.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489454 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
The Pope is a successor to Peter in a historical sense. He holds a See that's has a special historical relationship with Peter. Ancient Popes if Rome recognized this and spoke of the "Chair of Saint Peter" as a Chair which existed in three places. Rome. Antioch. Alexandra. You will find this in St.Gregory The Great's writings. All Bishops fulfill the Petrine ministry of presiding at the Eucharistic Assembly.
maybe the 'chair' was his 'inspired' writings?

I wonder if they had any of the other NT Inspired writings?
Did they profess Jesus as LORD, maybe is the question.

GBU two.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#489455 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 3,000 joined the Universal Church of Christ.
Universal means Catholic. They were Catholics.
you said:
"those who believed what Peter said were Baptized"
How about you study what those people wrote? Then you wouldn't need to go on a Bible verse scavenger hunt.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
How can that be when the Catholic Church didn't come into existence until around 300 AD. I do read what all of the people who wrote the bible. You noticed that I was right that you couldn't find anything in the bible about the Catholic Church because it is man made, not from the bible. Explain to me how they can be the church of the bible when the church of the bible was established in 33AD and the Catholic Church didn't come into existence until in the 300 AD, so explain how that can be.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489456 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,please,see my three answers to that ..as I do not agree with them .And please ignore my typo ..it was,obvious,I meant BETROTHAL ..
Of course you did. It is blatantly obvious.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489457 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion the issue of primacy is too conflicting and confusing for the east and the west to ever agree on a definition that works in practice . The two churches has been talking for over 50 years.....
we born-agains been talking to you people for 2000 years!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489458 Nov 7, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
AND,STILL NOT ONE OF YOU CATHOLICS,..REPLY TO THIS,.

The very foundation of our FAITH ..THE BIRTH OF JESUS

But my typos,is,more important

And so is,Ignatius ..

AMAZING ..we see what is,important to your belief ..I guess

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489459 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe the 'chair' was his 'inspired' writings?
I wonder if they had any of the other NT Inspired writings?
Did they profess Jesus as LORD, maybe is the question.
GBU two.
Marge I could care less,about the,Chair ..Peter would never WANT to sit on a,throne anyway ..

Please SOMEONE besides,me comment on this as the,Catholics,Sen not to care

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489460 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Which amazes .me considering their devotion to Mary .

There,is,NO WAY she thought her Son crazy ..She,went ..I'm sure because the brethren made her ...may be to mediate .

And,IMO...She,was the one told Luke about the circumstances of THE BIRTH ..I'm sure she was a very modest JEWUSH WOMAN ..And did not talk about it ...taking attention to herself ..

Until IT WAS TIME TO.TELL THE STORY
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489461 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No Clay according to Scripture Jesus did Not set Peter as head of his church.

Your lies will never prevail.

Location hidden

#489462 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you haven't been talking to me..I am not 2,000 years old lol

Location hidden

#489463 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There,is,NO WAY she thought her Son crazy ..She,went ..I'm sure because the brethren made her ...may be to mediate .
And,IMO...She,was the one told Luke about the circumstances of THE BIRTH ..I'm sure she was a very modest JEWUSH WOMAN ..And did not talk about it ...taking attention to herself ..
I understand where you are coming from..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489464 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,hoe,do WE,KNOW,there are,NO ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES ....eh o knows what's buried in your vaults,..
But then again I'm.the silly woman who thought they might keep copies,..send them to other Churches ..of the letters,.And the,GOSPELS ..THANK GOD ...to spread the WORD and protect them
I believe someone used the idea I thought there was a Xerox machine ..
And only GOD KNOWS WHAT WAS DESTROYED when Jerusalem burned
hey I started hand-copying psalms yesterday, just seemed moved to do it. Love you sister:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489465 Nov 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I understand where you are coming from..
Glad someone else sees it ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489466 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey I started hand-copying psalms yesterday, just seemed moved to do it. Love you sister:)
Wasn't the post I meant ..But good luck wih the Psalms , Marge
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489467 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how we can judge Mary at all outside what the Bible says "that she pondered these things in her heart'.

The Mary that anointed Jesus' body for sacrifice is what we should tell about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web