Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#489307 Nov 7, 2013
let’s examine the Roman Catholic claim that it is the “first church.” Nowhere in the New Testament will you find the “one true church” doing any of the following: praying to Mary, praying to the saints, venerating Mary, submitting to a pope, having a select priesthood, baptizing an infant, observing the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper as sacraments, or passing on apostolic authority to successors of the apostles. All of these are core elements of the Roman Catholic faith. If most of the core elements of the Roman Catholic Church were not practiced by the New Testament Church (the first church and one true church), how then can the Roman Catholic Church be the first church? A study of the New Testament will clearly reveal that the Roman Catholic Church is not the same church as the church that is described in the New Testament.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/original-church.h...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#489308 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I swear you bring up limbo twice a day. It was never (I repeat) never a dogmatic teaching of the Catholic Church. It was a theory. Maybe the nuns taught you this theory, I dunno. They never taught me that.
We leave all unbaptized people- including infants- up to the infinite Love and Mercy of the creator. Period.
Limbo was taught to nearly every school-age Catholic child during the 1950s.

And 200 years ago, the RCC was teaching about the evils of democracy.

And 200 years before that, the RCC taught that slavery was OK.

From these and thousands of other deeds, we know that the RCC cannot possible be "one true."

If fact, Jesus told us so, when he said "for ye shall know them by their deeds.

Call Jesus a liar if you wish, but facts are facts.

And the facts say Jesus is not lying.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#489309 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lost. You have absolutely no Biblical knowledge. You seem to think our sins catch God by surprise. God knows what my sins were, are and will be. No surprises for him. He knew what He was getting when He got me.
If Jesus did not die for all of my sins then Jesus did not die for any of my sins.
OldJG

Peace

I am not saying I disagree. But would expand upon what you write:

Sin of course can be an action. But it is also a condition of the heart.

Guilt is not so easy to forgive, and is more like permanent dye on the soul. It requires constant repentance to keep washing it away....

A soul professing itself to be Christian but is full of guilt, becomes dark. So reliance upon Jesus alone, negates the effect of having one's sins washed away without a change of heart(constant washing of the heart).

In short to be an effective Christian, one must become Christ-like, and in doing so one pursues virtue, and collects an air of purity about their soul....

Peace
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#489310 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I know exactly what I believe. You don't.
You wanna play God and say "you all are going to hell for not being born again"
Truth wants to play God by saying, "none of you are born again unless you use water"
Neither of you two have any business closing the door on who God can save. Got it?
You nare the one calling Jesus a liar.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489311 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I swear you bring up limbo twice a day. It was never (I repeat) never a dogmatic teaching of the Catholic Church. It was a theory. Maybe the nuns taught you this theory, I dunno. They never taught me that.
We leave all unbaptized people- including infants- up to the infinite Love and Mercy of the creator. Period.
You folks,..please, anytime you change SONETHING ..You deny it was,taught as fact ....You are,wrong on that ..I'm.assuming I'm.older than you are,...
YOU PEOPLE,TAUGHT LIMBO ..IT MADE A,HUGE IMPRESSION ON US,..

..WE WERE,TAUGHT THIS,....it wasn't that long ago.That you abolished it .it was,a very very CATHOLUC School ..ACTUAlly 2, in different states,

STILL one of your Catholics,posted that it's,still there,..which is how it got brought up ...
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#489313 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="OldJG" <quoted text>
You are lost. You have absolutely no Biblical knowledge. You seem to think our sins catch God by surprise. God knows what my sins were, are and will be. No surprises for him. He knew what He was getting when He got me.
If Jesus did not die for all of my sins then Jesus did not die for any of my sins.
----------
He died for all of our sins...but we must keep our fellowship current with Him. If I sin today, I must repent. We cannot live in disregard of Him, just because He forgave us when we first came to Him. My current and future sin He is faithful to forgive IF and when I give it to Him.

KayMarie
Contrinting
KayMarie

Peace

Nicely put....And is reasonable.

I would add that one must have a change of heart, from the old to the new, vice to virtue, in order for the effect of God forgiving sin to return to him filled with glory, and not void....
Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489314 Nov 7, 2013
Sorry for repost ..didn't show up.

Location hidden

#489315 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its possible with God, but we still should go with what the Apostles taught the Church. Bring your infants to get Baptized into the family of Christ. His Church. Raise them with the Sacraments...
Any other scenario is too risky. It seems like many born agains went the party animal route, then luckily met Jesus and changed. I doubt that's the normal path the Apostles taught..
Wrong, the Apostles never taught that infants and or children are to be baptized. No where in the bible will you see that baptism of an infant and or a child is ever done, never. The Catholic church is a false church. They do nothing the bible says, how do you not know this. Are you aware there is nothing at all in the bible about a catholic church, nothing. The church of the bible is the Church of Christ which was established in the year 33AD on the day Pentecost. The catholic church as I said isn't mentioned in the bible at all, and there isn't no mention of a Pope because God doesn't need a Pope. You need to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get right by being baptized because as it stands now you are lost.

Location hidden

#489316 Nov 7, 2013
Are those in the church of Christ the only people who are going to be saved? Of course they are! God adds people to His church when they are saved. If you are not in the Lord’s church, then you are not saved. If you are saved, then you are in the Lord’s church. To be saved outside of the church of Christ is to be saved outside of the body of Christ – and that can never happen. Jesus is not just a way to the Father; he is the way to the Father. As Jesus said in John 14:6,“ I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Thus, the real question is not what is the church of Christ, but is rather how do you become a part of the church of Christ? That question was asked in the first century as it is asked today, and the answer remains the same. We are saved and added to the Lord’s church when we obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. Like the Apostle Paul, we are saved when our sins are washed away at our baptism.

There is one church of Christ. If you are a member of something else or something more or something less, then you are not serving God according to His plan or according to His will. He wants you to be a Christian and only a Christian, wearing only the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, who is the head and the savior of the church, His body.

Want to know more? Here are 10 things everyone should understand about the church, here are some common misconceptions about the church, and here is how God views the church.

What Must I Do?

What must I do? That same question was asked in Acts 2:37 at the end of the very first gospel sermon ever preached. Before we look at Peter’s answer in verse 38, let’s look at some answers Peter did NOT give.

What must I do? John Calvin answers,“Nothing!” According to Calvin, there is nothing we must do and nothing we can do. Each of us has already been personally predestined to Heaven or Hell without regard to anything we do on Earth, and so, logically, according to Calvin, the only answer to the question in Acts 2:37 is “Nothing.” But that is NOT how Peter answered that question.

What must I do? Many preachers today answer,“You must make Jesus the Lord of your life.” But that answer makes absolutely no sense then or now! Peter had just said in Acts 2:36 that “God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Jesus was already Lord of their lives! Jesus is Lord of lords and King of kings, which means he is your Lord and your King whether or not you obey him or believe him. We obey Jesus because he is Lord and King – not to make him Lord and King.

What must I do? Many preachers today answer,“You must pray the sinner’s prayer and invite the Lord Jesus into you heart.” But no one in the Bible was ever told to do that. In fact, Paul prayed after he saw Jesus on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:11), and yet Paul was still in his sins when Ananias met him three days later (Acts 22:16). Cornelius prayed to God always (Acts 10:2), and yet there remained something he still had to do after calling for Peter (Acts 10:6). If praying the sinner’s prayer was all that Paul and Cornelius needed to do, then why were Ananias and Peter needed?

What must I do? Listen as Peter answers that question:“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”(Acts 2:38) That answer has not changed one bit in the intervening 2000 years. If your preacher is telling you something different, then you need a new preacher!“And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”(Acts 22:16)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489317 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,Kay was,..Muslims,are having visions of Jesus ...if they worship Him
..or trough the HOLY Spirit realize He was,not just a,prophet as they were taught ...And worship Him.
Fragments of the bible are circulating all over China,and other places,.
Underground transmissions of sermons ..
Are these people going into the,streets asking folks to baptize them ?
Baptism is,worthy of Christ we should ..But the HOLY SPIRIT can
Inspire belief in Christ ...anywhere ..any time ..how H,E choises..
When or were he chooses..by whatever means .
We cannot limit the POWER of GOD ..
RoS, he is wrong. and GIF will bear me out. Not always do we have to preach before a person gets saved. sometimes they get saved after a person testifies, sometimes they get Saved when someone is singing Gospel Music.

I have seen people get saved just after they got out of their seat, didn't even make it to the altar(and now years later, his son in law is a Preacher)and fell in the aisle and Prayed thru(something that people in campbellite churches know nothing about).lol
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489318 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In ancient times, God winked at ignorance
If a god existed ... I suggest it winked at its own ignorance of creating all forms of life to in turn suffer.

Religion is based ON ignorance.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489319 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some of them...I know them as "people", not as "churches". I try to help them when I can(probably not enough at times). There are many ways to "save" those in need. They don't care about my tatoo's, and I don't care about their "choir robes".
lol, both of my daughters have tat's (don't tell anyone,lol) and we don't have "choir robes", in fact the church doesn't even have a choir. that is par for small country type churches
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489320 Nov 7, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbo was taught to nearly every school-age Catholic child during the 1950s.
And 200 years ago, the RCC was teaching about the evils of democracy.
And 200 years before that, the RCC taught that slavery was OK.
From these and thousands of other deeds, we know that the RCC cannot possible be "one true."
If fact, Jesus told us so, when he said "for ye shall know them by their deeds.
Call Jesus a liar if you wish, but facts are facts.
And the facts say Jesus is not lying.
Jesus the myth couldn't lie. But men DID lie and they are still lying.

The Protestants use the same anti-Semitic new testament to claim that Jesus betrayed his own Jewish father to disown the Catholics, but favor the Protestants.

Such silliness is rife in the mentality of those who are religious.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489321 Nov 7, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
How are your gods doing today?
Anyone find the ultimate truth yet?
The obvious answer is NO.
That's because my God is the only true God.
So....
... most people are wrong and I am right.
Sound familiar? Of course it does, because that is the essence of virtually every post here.
I'm right and you are wrong.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
That is the basis of ALL religion. They are ALL defenders of their own cults.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489322 Nov 7, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>

----------
So what? You boast that YOU are 'right', and all the rest are 'wrong'.

KM
hojo

Chaska, MN

#489323 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you want a "personalized" sermon ... I suggest you ask devout believers a question concerning religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Does God love protestants more than catholics?
Best Answer
Catholicism is true Christianity. Jesus established the Catholic Church in 33AD,not 38,000 denominations, or non denominations as in Protestant Christianity. As for Catholic Christians we believe in the following:
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man,
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Ecellent post June!! The Historical and Biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, is there for ALL to see..... yesterday, today and forever. It is the ONLY CHURCH that was ever initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!.....EVERY other Christian religion or denomination,(for over 2000 years) since Jesus Christ, is "man-made",(includin g ALL 42,100 bible only (editorialized) splintered divided, fractured and contradicting "what I think" interpretations of the Word of God....God is not the author of "any one" if these inconsistent (hodge-podge) denomination of chaos and confusion!!....However.....The y continue to remain our brothers and sisters in Christ, proclaiming half-truth (at best) and half-heresy Christianity!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489324 Nov 7, 2013
You'll see the lies ... but only if and when you choose to see.

They continually insinuate that Jesus the Jew promoted Catholicism as HIS choice concerning religion.

Had the Catholics used the term Jehovah rather than just plain "God" ... their schemes would have been exposed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

We could argue that Jesus was free to administer the sacraments in any order he chose, for “God has bound salvation to the sacrament of Baptism

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/dis...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489325 Nov 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>RoS, he is wrong. and GIF will bear me out. Not always do we have to preach before a person gets saved. sometimes they get saved after a person testifies, sometimes they get Saved when someone is singing Gospel Music.
I have seen people get saved just after they got out of their seat, didn't even make it to the altar(and now years later, his son in law is a Preacher)and fell in the aisle and Prayed thru(something that people in campbellite churches know nothing about).lol
Thanks,..plus,people can hear a,preacher on Tv and hear truth .
I believe the,Holy Spirit can work as,He,chooses..

This,is,why ministries,broadcast into hostile,countries,..why bibles,are,printed and smuggled into atheist places,..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489326 Nov 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
----------
So what? You boast that YOU are 'right', and all the rest are 'wrong'.
KM
You boast that your brand of Protestantism is right and all the other many religions are wrong.

I suggest that they are all based on nonsense ... INCLUDING YOURS!

You see ... you are not the only one on the forum that can SHOUT.

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489327 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! The people are hypnotized by the emotional HIGHS that occur during the rituals, that are performed over and over and over ... and that in turn causes them to never question the dogmas as being wrong according to their own consciences.
Burning people at the stake was such a common ritual that it was perceived as being righteous.
Ya.
More like righteous insanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web