Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,594)

Showing posts 471,861 - 471,880 of532,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>crying is good..it cleans the soul
True ..sorry no answer earlier but internet went out .

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Well looks like I'm alone ..Lol.
Try to get back to sleep
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

'You can't have Christ without the Church,' Pope reminds Wednesday Audience

It is erroneous to think that humanity can have Jesus Christ without the Catholic Church, and God’s plan for humanity includes and is intimately connected with the Church, Pope Francis taught today as part of a new series of reflections that he is beginning during his weekly Wednesday General Audiences. Pope Francis ended the series of reflections on the Creed begun by his predecessor Benedict XVI last week, and this week began his own Wednesday series of undetermined length centered around the Church, its nature, and its importance in the plan of salvation. The Holy Father reminded the nearly 90,000 pilgrims gathered in a rainy St. Peter’s Square that “it is the Church that brings us Christ.”

“Even today, some say,‘Christ yes, the Church no,’ like those who say,‘I believe in God, but in priests, no.’ They say,‘Christ: yes. Church: no.’ Nevertheless, it is the Church that brings us Christ and that brings us to God. The Church is the great family of God’s children,” the Holy Father taught.“Of course,” the Pope said,“the Church also has the human aspects: in those who compose it, pastors and faithful, there are flaws, imperfections, sins – the Pope has his, as well: he has lots of them; but the beautiful thing is that, when we become aware that we are sinners, we find the mercy of God. God always forgives: do not forget this.”

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

do you trust your doctors
is that crime
https://www.google.com.au/search...

is that crime
selling mothers wife and children
is that crime scare them deadly

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly what does that mean to you? Train up a child in a way that when he is old he will not depart from it? Elucidate please! In your opinion does this apply to EVERY CHILD?
I asked this because I know people that was raised in the church by Godly parents and when they became adults they left the church and became malignantly evil and ended up dying that way. Do you consider them to have departed from the way in which they were raised? Makes you go hmmmmm.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
THE CHURCH "isn't going away"
You are right for once...ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
When JESUS HAS COME AND GONE "WHEN HE PASSES OVER." THE BLOOD MUST BE APPLIED TO THE HEART OF THOSE THAT ARE CAUGHT WAY...
AS FOR DRINKING BLOOD...
The CHURCH is NOT going away from condemning and judgemental "anti-catholic" preachers like you who are constantly attempting to "undermine the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of other Christians on this forum (especially Catholics)....... Over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ appointed Peter as HIS earthly representative to "lead HIS CHURCH" until HE (Jesus) returns for the Second Time. HIS (Jesus Christs) CHURCH will remain faithful to Our Lord (as Christ said it would) and the "Gates of Hell (WILL NOT) prevail against it, despite (half-truth, half-heresy) ministers like you, Confrinting! Heretics, false teachers, divisive preachers, and hypocritical so-called Christians have "come and gone" for over 2000 years----YET-----the CHURCH LIVES ON----and will CONTINUE to LIVE ON!!!.......You (Confrinting) "do not" speak for God and "never will" until you come to TRUE Salvation In Jesus Christ. Until that time comes, you "continue" as always to be a "clanging gong and a noisy cymbal"---I Cor 13:1
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

No Jesus without His Church

Jesus established a Church,(Matthew 16) so it must have existed since the time of Christ. Furthermore, it must still exist today, for Christ promised it would be indefectible and indestructible: "the gates of hell will not overcome it." And there is only one Church that has a credible claim to be that body today--the Catholic Church. The evidences for this are plentiful, but that is another article for another day.
What needs to be discussed here is the viability of the idea you can have relationship with God without religion, or whether you can have Jesus without the Church.
Did Christ establish any rituals that are necessary for a person to have a relationship with God? The answer is yes-, BAPTISM and the EUCHARIST.
BAPTISM,
Jesus said baptism is normally necessary to enter the Kingdom of God: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (John 3:5). This passage was universally understood to refer to baptism from the very beginnings of the Church. Jesus also said, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16). St. Peter agrees with his Lord, when he speaks of "Baptism, which ... now saves you" (1 Pet. 3:21).
As for the EUCHARIST, the greatest of all sacraments, because it is Christ himself--there is only one recorded instance in the Gospels of Jesus commanding his apostles to repeat anything--and it is this: "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in memory of me" (Lk. 22:19).
In general, as for traditions that must be followed, one, of course, must avoid mere traditions of men, as Jesus warned (Mark 7:8). But we must obey traditions of God. Sacred Tradition, Tradition with a capital "T". Obviously, the entire Gospel message was passed down through the oral teaching of the apostles before the books of the New Testament were ever written. But even then, there was a part of the Word of God that remained as oral tradition, as Saint Paul notes: "(H)old fast to the traditions (Greek: paradosis) that you were taught, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). This Sacred Tradition is kept alive and safeguarded by the Church. We need both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition to possess the entire Word of God. "Scripture alone" is not mentioned in the Bible. But Sacred Tradition is, here and in many other places.
Jesus is the Way. But Jesus comes to us in a tripartite "way": first, Jesus exists as the God-man in heaven, in his resurrected, glorified, Incarnate body. Secondly, Christ comes to us, as discussed above, in his Eucharistic body. "(T)he bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh ... Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6: 51, 53). The flesh and blood of Christ that we consume in the Eucharist is, by Christ's own admission, the same flesh and blood of the incarnate Jesus who offered himself on the cross. The Apostolic Father St. Ignatius of Antioch concurs: "The heretics have gone out from us ... because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, the same flesh and blood that suffered for our sins, and that the Father, in his goodness, raised up again" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6, c. 107 AD).
If we do not accept Jesus in all three ways, we do not accept him at all, for this is the whole Christ..
Yes, it is vitally important to have an intimate relationship with God through Christ. But such a personal relationship with Jesus can only be properly achieved and realized in all its fullness in the Church that he himself established, which is his Mystical Body, and through its sacraments.
There is no Jesus without the Church. To be a Christian without belonging to this church is a contradiction in terms. One might as well spend their Sundays sitting in a movie theatre.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

is that crime what they done to me evil people
still they are on 77 george terace acting as honest as pure reader and prayers
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

crime
toward me and my familyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee
he sithing there and controling
i been there
they pray there
one of them have to died or divorce as he act as milat

see who is that doctor in oh regional hospital with mustach as dr allen as others smnall evil dr elikson..

really

evil people they try act innocemnt but notttttttttttt

crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

still praying there
acting as evil people
28 years crime
still crime going against me and my family

28 years criminal govermet aloud do some crimeeeeeeeeeeeeee

they know they are criminals
but still want control on some way as criminals
they try cover up everything with organizations as criminals

crimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

now
tehnology in seeden

oh yes
timoty who come here kukuljich will say

evil develish satanic corupt organizations

crime
criminals suport criminal
as they are criminals
practising over humans so long on evil develish satanic way

now
its nothing

where is intercept site
around sesir

sheshirichi=hat
why you hide yourself adam
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

is man snake

o yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

pucasssss
bumm
where you go killers
see
killers silvers
jeste li vi iz slivetina ili njivetina
slivetine
rakija od sljiva Sljivo ko te sljivi choko jedna
ko to kaze
a tak i tak
vi ste iz slivetina neki barbiri saljiinci
uspaljeninci

ma nemoj
pa vi se shalite samo
to ce te vi malo sljive rakijice
a ra.kia ja..tako
zasto bi to bila jamarica slamarica
zslamarica
slama =tube extragama

Are you for sure you are safe zsla mara
z$la mara
la le li lo la
lalichi brajichicrajichidrajichifrajic higrajicihrajicijarichikrajich ilarjichimrajiciparjichisrajic hitrajichivrajichiwrajichixraj ichiyrajichizrajichi

by by kikuljichirajichibajichi and so on
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

maemaf=fameam

Is that story sesame open yourself from 1001 night?

a sahara=suez
suez canal
alzavadipagavadiizvaganbaacaba rababa
a barabe
is holy baraba there
must be grof zaba frog froglichroglich

ha ha ha ha

evil people

is that muslim religion
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

a takjo
sto sto be od ovih rajcica oh k rompotichi
jel to neko rope
je je je
rope rope o moj pope
see
cept intercept
zacepi tu stvar
sve proliva\
ko te sljivi choko jedna
oprastam grije
ma ko to mrije
nikoline nemrije
a tako
vi ste dekolte kazes pecete na kotle
jao
one haljine na kolte joj sto je lijepa
zar nevidis sto si slijepa citaj i neskitaj
ne ne titati
je l to nestio potopilich
ili proton ilich
a tako
kazes
ilijada
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

all secrets you will find
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? do you know the history of the Puritans and Quakers(just one example).
I do! the Quakers are named after my family, the Friends. and I too, display the [quaking] when I get Blessed by the Lord. A family trait. they had to flee from the wrath of Oliver, over the Religious fervor and what is ironic is this. my Ancestor who was well connected(3rd in line to the Throne) was also killed by Oliver. he hated Nobility as much if not more than he did the religious society

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith + works?
Nuf said!
that is what some on here are nor following. we get Baptized because we love the Lord, not because we are Commanded to.

we are now Saved individuals, not some puppet who gets in a line and follows some ritual laid down by some church.

in the small country churches around here, a person can not join a church unless they are Baptized, and many churches do give out a Baptismal Declaration just so people can keep them for a keepsake, but it isn't a ticket to heaven by any means.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

shut up
you killing my people
after all
who are you
now i am very angry
oh

they did not know
whats deference
between
liars and lav o velika glava
marshhhhhhhhhhh
you know where
sram=mars
what left
mrs=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
that leter when you conecting on map geometricly

its corect position somewhere

they think i am stupid no

you judge me
i am not care what evil people think
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

not trust any more anyone
nooooooooooooo
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>A very moving message, Thanx
http://youtu.be/0bqhcYjA7bQ
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

go away
bla bla

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
If a god allowed a devil to work in his kingdom, the god had a purpose FOR The devil. He WANTS the devil to have full employment.
Silly stuff in deed!
It appears it is difficult for one fictional character to kill another fictional character.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

THEY FOLLOW GEONOLOGICAL LINE=BIBLE

i know who am i..paralel life
i liked that person have to be on safe
i have dream 63

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 471,861 - 471,880 of532,260
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Married in 8,118
More 20 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••