Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,761 - 471,780 of 536,914 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

your try decived what is not your no

i know who is my mother and my father
others don't have any rights upon me

law not exist as never exist for me and my people

now decivers work on most evil way decived what they want..

i am not personaly serve anuone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

never will be serve others
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

there is a no law
there is a no mercy
there is a suffering
On INRI
died god which you spit judge and killed

i am life a nkh
its start like that and finish

others lips corupt devilish satanic decivers and posessors

pray for day wshen they will be remove

it is written

if i need i will romeve your aall

whooooo

not me

but its coming to beeeeeeeeeeeee

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Unbelief is the unpardonable sin. Jesus DOES NOT say "he that is not baptized will be damned". Jesus DOES say "he that does not believe shall be damned."
But he also says He that believeth "AND IS" baptized will be saved. AND IS takes believe and baptized and joins them together to mean both are equally necessary to be done together in order to be SAVED. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Jesus last words he spoke before being ascended to heaven were to teach and BAPTIZE.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Receiving the gift after baptism, Preston....that gift being the Holy Spirit....
Really? I don't think so. Give this a read. These people received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE baptism. BEFORE!!!

Acts 10:44-48, 44 "Even as Peter was saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the message. 45 The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles, too. 46 For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, 47 “Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?” 48 So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days."

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We are Gods yet mortal beings.
<smile>
Tarnished with EVIL wickedness ... according to all the ancient and many modern religionists.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

so what if are youuuuuu

a shut up

see all of them going fall

did you see water as falling as kaskade
find secret proply as you see upstairs and downs stars

see where water coming and falling

see find
as you see upstaRS AND DOWNSTAIRS

see if you see inka civilization
see
find me there
i'nk'a civilization

not only that
much more
now why you mortal
why you liked be my friend or just pretender

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Christianity is far more rife with "pharisees" than Judaism ever was from what I observe.
Jewish Virtual Library

Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
By Mitchell G. Bard

The Pharisees

The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

see secret majsons numbers
see
upstairs and downstairs
we call from water cascade when water folling down
see rivers going in and out
see
see inside is lots of deep secrets passige
you can see that
then why you mortal if not see
its secrets

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FREAKY EXPERIENCE ..had to do tests,to determine brain death a,few times ...talk about chills,...this,was,years,ago.. was,like,I'd,keep talking ...But know,no one was home,. Except one time,...I knew,or felt a presence besides mine in the room.
When DOES the soul,leave the BODY ..
Then he crossed his,legs,...muscle reflecting I was ready to run..kept saying they will let you go soon ..don't worry ..
Makes one wonder. Causes you to question what you are conditioned to accept as "reality" doesn't it?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Show me where it says to baptize an infant. No where will you find in the bible that an infant needs to be baptized. Tell me why they are needing to be baptized. An infant is without sin. The bible says the soul that sinneth it shall die, so that leaves out an infant because they cannot sin. Whatever false religion you are in I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and become a Christian and live your life for the Lord. Please answer my questions instead of giving me your advice on what I need to do.
The Bible records the birth of Christianity. Of course you're only going to see adults. The Apostles wouldn't have baptized infants without their parents being Baptized first.

And I told you, the name 'Church of Christ' is already taken. That's what Catholic means. There are 23 Universal Churches of Christ who follow the 266th successor to Peter as the Bishop of Rome.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Have you ever had the experience of someone else's mortality in your hands?
Until you do, you are speaking in supposition, not actuality.
The "morality" doesn't change, the actuality of circumstance [does].
I believe you have the two confused....or are attempting to "justify" (rationalize) that bad behavior by moving the goalpost of basic "morality" to a more acceptable position...one deviating from the basic balance between good and bad behavior.
Why are you mixing the words mortality with morality?

The subject was about whether people automatically know how to be good or bad.

Men that believe in polygamy believe that if they "don't" have more than one wife, they are bad. Monogamists believe that if men have "more" than one wife they are bad.

Different cultures have different sets of rules for their concepts of morality.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

i been before as well i know who they are
nobody and nothing=0

sveti martine brodaru
cuvaj nase orase i daorse kod stoca
Svetti vinko moli protiv Magle i maglica
kopaj tu u rijecici doli nesto lezi

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord
Peace
Here is the dilemma....You don't think babies can believe. But it has been shown that a baby has more working brain cells than an adult. This would make them "smarter" than an adult.
So exposure to God, would be more thorough than an adult(with dead and prejudiced brain cells). So a baby's beliefs are more open for baptism.
If you think that because a person "understands", and this makes their beliefs truer, then you miss the mark. It is for you to understand that it is a child's/baby's baptism that begins the process of learning about God, which in turn reinforces faith, hope and love.
We must also become as a child/babe in order to be baptized....
Peace
We as adults are to be child like in the sense we believe as a child would without hesitation in believing what God says, once again the word believing which again shows the ability one must have to do God's will, which is believe, and this is also another thing an infant isn't able to do. As adults we are not to be child like in belief to be caught up in everything that's said without proof. The fact is a child is pure and sin free and in no need of being baptized so we can be forgiven of our past sins which again an infant doesn't have a need to be forgiven as they are sin free.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> But he also says He that believeth "AND IS" baptized will be saved. AND IS takes believe and baptized and joins them together to mean both are equally necessary to be done together in order to be SAVED. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. Jesus last words he spoke before being ascended to heaven were to teach and BAPTIZE.
Apparently your Bible reads differently than mine.

My Bible says, John 3:16-18, 16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Your Bible MUST read, "John 3:16-18, 16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him AND IS BAPTIZED should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe AND IS NOT BAPTIZED is condemned already, because he has not believed AND WAS NOT BAPTIZED in the name of the only Son of God."

Is this your contention? Does your Bible read differently than mine.

My Bible reads, Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Your Bible MUST read, Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith AND BAPTISM. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Baptism is an outward sign of an inward faith.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

sveti franjo cuvaj nase pucarike i smilje
ko smi i ko nesmi to pokraj onog ispod r.oka
pogled 25 degree sa visoka a more moje plave..you can see only 25 degree
in geometric projection its going look as crown as well one thing i am not going tell you

then
all continents going
we going remove them
then all planetary system going remove too..
don't tell
Did you have 5 cent sveti franjo its not platapus
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

remember

everything going moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

n
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Awe man, I'm gettin out of here. Bible verse warfare has begun between the born agains. Its civil war! its a battle royal. Oldgee, Truth, church of christ guy... how many different truths is the Holy Spirit revealing?

Baptism is one of the most important events in Christianity. Jesus wants it done a certain way. Which way is it?? I don't want to be the guy who's responsible for undoing the word of God. I'm being serious. One of you are guilty. That's a fact.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

they are nothing
not gods
if they are as they think
not will be life
they will be destroy everything

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wants two parents to bring him the infant at Baptism. This is what the Apostles taught, we can prove it by the writings of the early Church.
You have absolutely no authority to change the word of God, truth.
The babies must be brought to the faith of pure Judaism. That was and is the rule set by Jehovah ... the ONLY Abrahamic GOD.

Within theology ... Jehovah's rule WAS and IS ... "Thou shalt have no others gods 'AFTER ME.'"

Because the Jews (with their one-god dogma) were so certain they had it all sewn up for their selves "EVER AFTER" ... they just forgot to write that part (AFTER ME)in the old testament to in turn protect their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Exodus 20:3

Douay-Rheims Bible
Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I don't think so. Give this a read. These people received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE baptism. BEFORE!!!
Acts 10:44-48, 44 "Even as Peter was saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the message. 45 The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles, too. 46 For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, 47 “Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?” 48 So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days."

So why did the Spirit come upon Cornelius and his household? The answer is clearly stated by Peter in Acts 15:8-11. "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they." God acknowledged them, or bore them witness, or testified to them (depending on your translation) by giving them the Holy Spirit.

Hence, our next question ought to be, "A witness to what?" Some time after Cornelius's conversion the issue was raised as to whether a Gentile had to become a Jew before he could be saved. "Some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses" (Acts 15:5). Peter's response to this was to point out that the Spirit came to witness that these Gentiles could be saved without being first a Jew. But take note that Peter did not say that the Spirit came to witness that a person could be saved without baptism.

This then leads to the question, "Why did the Spirit come before Cornelius was baptized in water?" In order to answer this question, you need to notice that six Jewish Christians had accompanied Peter to Cornelius's house (Acts 10:23; 11:12). As stated in the text, the Spirit's coming was a shock to these men. "And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God" (Acts 10:45-46). Peter then turned to these same men and asked if they dare object to Cornelius being baptized in water given the obvious testimony of God (Acts 10:47; 11:17).

Also, notice that the Spirit did not come upon the Gentiles until Peter began to speak (Acts 11:15). Here was testimony to all that Gentiles could be saved through the word of God (Acts 11:13-14).

When Peter testified at the gathering in Jerusalem, recorded in Acts 15, he used the example of Cornelius to prove that Gentiles, while remaining Gentiles and not becoming Jews, were accepted by God. Peter did not use the case of Cornelius to prove that everyone should receive the Spirit, or that the Spirit burnt sin out of a sinner's heart, or that the Spirit's coming made him a child of God. Instead, we find that Peter used the baptism of the Spirit as proof that Cornelius and his household should be baptized in water, as recorded in Acts 10 and Acts 11. Peter consistently argued that the Gentiles were to receive the gospel without being bound to the Law. For anyone to claim otherwise would be trying God. "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" (Acts 15:10).

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes one wonder. Causes you to question what you are conditioned to accept as "reality" doesn't it?
Word was,the drowned children ..not here ..not gone ..some brain activity ..nothing to speak of

Not sure what they do now ..But very strict guidelines in e seventies ..
2Flat Brainwave tests,24 hours apart

Won t go into the worst one ...

Any way ..it out of that vocation..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE and you cant prove otherwise. I like others received the Holy Ghost 36 hours after I was Saved, and nine months before I was Baptized by water.
now lets look at what is Recorded in the Bible.
44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.…
Not yet Baptized were they, Hank? Just like me as I received that gift before I was baptized.
NOW YOU SHOW ME, ONE PERSON IN THE BIBLE WHO HAD RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST AS THEY WERE BEING BAPTISED.
and this isn't sudden, I have asked you to provide one name and you didn't.
You are absolutely correcto cowboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••