Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#489175 Nov 7, 2013
da da mesh jelto dobro ma good e good e no good e no good e

a tako
rifkite zafrknite vi to molim lijepo
vadi meshku or else
cancer

crime

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#489176 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...then how was Abraham saved?
Prior to Jesus, all were saved by the Grace of God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489177 Nov 7, 2013
how mesh look=as net=internet=or digi tale ispod repice zapr dr danac
a tako
vi ste danaccanadac
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#489178 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is honest in their search for the truth, and stay within this characteristic, then perception and bias is addressed as well.
One can seek out that men wrote the Bible, but in honesty, they ahve to admit that there is no evidence that any supernatural, unknown entity gave them to words to write.
This is again where honesty takes precedence in one's search.
But with so-called "Christians", they skip over this part of being honest and refuse to admit that they were wrong to believe in such.
You are like other so-called "Christians", you'll speak on the issues, but when it comes to the issue, you'll glaze right on past it, without ever directly addressing the issue.
Just like you did in the above post.
NASL

Peace

Your proving your own assumption....an error in logic.

I do question all of scripture. I do question whether each word is/was inspired by God.

Those Christians who do not do this, work under a system of blind faith and belief, and generally come to a crisis or some spiritual angst which causes them to reconsider their life.

One could call it a pseudo-faith, or pseudo-belief. But more than likely it is a faith and belief without reason. An reasoning is logical.

You need a bit more logic, as well as me....

Peace

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489179 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
It is not what I believe...but it is what God teaches....
Believing/Faith alone will NOT save anyone from their sins....there is much more to salvation then those things...
hank, I am going to tell you one more time and then I am going to leave you alone and consider you a heretic and a antichrist(and I mean it).

on 8/25/82 around 8:30 that Wed evening, I asked God what must I do, and He answered me and said Come. I got in my car and drove 12 miles to the little church that I was raised up in. I walked in with the intention of going to the altar, but God stopped me and told me to set down. in afew minutes, my mom knew that I was back there sitting and came back and told me that I need to come and give me life to the Lord. then I was released and I walked up and knelt at that altar. a few minutes later, I felt something wet as it covered my head. and I knew that it was the Blood of my Savior. when I stood up, that feeling went all of the way down into my feet. and I knew that he had forgiven me. the next night, I went to bed and I woke up around 3:00 and was very thirsty, and so I got up to get a pepsi to drink and God told me that it wasn't Pepsi that I was thirsting for and He told me to lay down and then a Spiritual experience took place as holes opened up in my body and water came gushing out. this is Biblical, it isn't the lies that you have been told nor the lies that you tell on this forum. 9 months and one day later, I was Baptized by water.

Please don't respond to me any more. I am tired of your disfiguration of the Holy Scriptures. I have considered you a nice guy in the past but the devil also appears as a angel. you are no different, you are a heretic and I must from now on consider you a enemy of mine and the gospel.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489180 Nov 7, 2013
danko daj bre sira
ojli kukuruze onog za usta
necesh
e hocesh hocesh da se e bese
cekaj de no beshenasegmnmeshejelto oni starimarttori
aj.rojce.i.motorce.terke.fer.k e
jer ko v id icemo
cujes bolan
uner cici a sta cicichi katavichi
a tako to oni sa teskere
ko to bolan koga bwerezele
a tako
oni bag .mosticak

better be good smrdljive guzice
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489181 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"
Truth, why wouldn't God accept a heartfelt 'death bed confession?'
And why do you demand that a death bed confession needed to be illustrated in a scripture verse? Not everything Jesus said or did is documented in scripture. Agree? His Apostles didn't document everything either..
like Chuck said, the thief on the cross was saved just before death and without the normal Baptism.

Location hidden

#489182 Nov 7, 2013
many years ago, at a anti ABORTION RALLY, I would not walk with cardinal bernadin, a man that as soon as I seen him, knew him to be a homosexual,

in the book of Amos, we are given the right not to WALK WITH SOMEONE WHO WE DISAGREE WITH.

As I wouldn't walk with this homosexual, I wont walk with hank either. A man who wishes to make mockery of the Blood of the Lamb, who considers rain water to be of much more higher Cleansing Power than the Blood that was shed on Calvary.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489183 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.
Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?
I don't think we all need a Bible verse for that either (although the thief on the cross is a good enough example)
God is infinite love and mercy. Who are we to say He wouldn't save a sincere person moments before death? I bet it happens everyday.
Now that I agree with you and oldgee on this one, am I born again? Lol. Can I hang out with y'all now?
you think it's funny that you agree with me your church's doctrine about baptism has been exposed as false...that is funny

Location hidden

#489184 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
He CANT!! to do so, indicates to him that he has been lied to and that he is lying to others now.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489185 Nov 7, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...
jelto ima neko crva u stomaku
pijavice=hemoroidi=odirahmodi= idromha

sve se povija
ma ko da ti se povije il pokloni
jelto neko ima kostobolju
a tako
vi ste neki kostichkrstich
a ovi niti boga mole nit ikog vole
a tako tutitcizukicibukicicikicidukic ifukicigucici
fukicihucicihucicikukicilukici jukicimucicinucicipukicirucici qucicirupcicisuticitucicivucic iwucicixuciciyucicizutichi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...

Location hidden

#489186 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"
try reading the Bible. the Laborer who came to work before the end of the shift(his life) was paid just the same(heaven) according to Jesus.

it is really very simple to the Christian, impossible for you who has been lied to, both by your earlier walk in Catholicism and now in campbellism, both False religions
truth

Perth, Australia

#489187 Nov 7, 2013
I will speak more.

Someone deeply hurt me.

Personally i don't serve anyone.
Don't cry when i died.
cancer

before that all this evil hurtful people will be very well known to others.

don't pray for me
not any more
by

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489188 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
It is not what I believe...but it is what God teaches....
Believing/Faith alone will NOT save anyone from their sins....there is much more to salvation then those things...
So that poor Muslim or Chinese person..who somehow,comes to faith and there is,no Church ...

The,SPIRIT calling him to faith is,speaking in vain ??

No way ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489189 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
morning Hank!
I see where you take water baptism very seriously but shouldn't the Holy Spirit baptism be of much more importance?
Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. >He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.<
Agree

Location hidden

#489190 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief on the cross
you don't think a person can come to faith in Christ right before they die?
now he will tell you(as he is taught) that the malefactor died under the Law, yet Jesus Promised that man that he would be in paradise that very same day.

without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.

Jesus died before the malefactor, therefore the Will(New testament) came into force at His death. and that is still the same legal law today.

if you are in the will, when a person dies, what they promised you is in effect immediately.

the campbellites study this a lot and they try and confuse people with their lies about the "testator".

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489191 Nov 7, 2013
real Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to Jesus, all were saved by the Grace of God.
So Jesus was never needed and his entire life, death and alleged resurrection and deification are a meaningless joke.

OK

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489192 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith comes before intellectual understanding.
How silly!

You had to make an intellectual choice that you would put all your faith in Catholicism.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489193 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptism was so important why doesn't the New Testament report the baptism of any of the original 12? If baptism was so important why didn't Jesus baptize anyone?
If the greatest missionary in human history did not ADD baptism to the Gospel message of salvation why would anyone else? Why? The only reason would be to confuse God's plan of salvation and describe salvation by way of baptism ONLY. I know many, many Lutherans and Roman Catholics who believe they are saved because they were baptized. If anyone is trusting baptism for their salvation they are most certainly going to hell.
I Corinthians 1:14-18, 14 "I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What would make you think the Baptisms of the original 12 would need to be documented in scripture?
Not everything Jesus said or did is recorded in scripture- per scripture.
If baptism is essential for salvation wouldn't the baptism of the disciples be important. After all, according to your theology, if they were not baptized they would be condemned to hell. So the question remains, if baptism is salvanic why didn't Jesus preach baptism instead of belief? Why did Jesus always speak of belief and never about baptism as a means of salvation?

Location hidden

#489194 Nov 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What would make you think the Baptisms of the original 12 would need to be documented in scripture?
Not everything Jesus said or did is recorded in scripture- per scripture.
one in particular(Andrew) was a disciple of Johns, and was probably Baptized by John in water. However all of them(judas was gone) were Baptized in the Holy Ghost by Jesus. a very clear indication as to what was really important to God.

Jesus has let everyone know that water baptism was an act to show all those in Israel that it is a righteous act, nothing more.

and please don't argue with me about it. Jesus did NOT need any sin washed away, he was sinless, and we who are Saved, are followers of His and we are already Washed in His Blood.

cant get no better than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 11 hr sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web