Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489150 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
How was Moses saved?
Why does it matter?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489151 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If baptism was so important why doesn't the New Testament report the baptism of any of the original 12? If baptism was so important why didn't Jesus baptize anyone?
If the greatest missionary in human history did not ADD baptism to the Gospel message of salvation why would anyone else? Why? The only reason would be to confuse God's plan of salvation and describe salvation by way of baptism ONLY. I know many, many Lutherans and Roman Catholics who believe they are saved because they were baptized. If anyone is trusting baptism for their salvation they are most certainly going to hell.
I Corinthians 1:14-18, 14 "I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
What would make you think the Baptisms of the original 12 would need to be documented in scripture?
Not everything Jesus said or did is recorded in scripture- per scripture.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489152 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Chuckie....
While animal sacrifices had to be offered continually (because men sinned continually in Israel) His death was "once for all."
Ok...then how was Abraham saved?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489153 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
Do you know that Jesus had the authority to forgive sins while on this earth???
Now, we are baptized into His death, burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of our sins....
Hank..this was your question...Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"

Thief on the cross

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489154 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are NOT a seeker of truth Robert. Your faith in Catholicism as being truth absolute prevents further "seeking."
Correct. No ever looks for that which they think they already have.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489155 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me at times that religion is used an excuse to exxpect a deity to change the world instead of us changing ourselves.
Using deities has always been a way of scapegoating.

"God" wants me to kill ... so kill I WILL!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489156 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Seekers of truth NEVER believe they have found truth.
Seekers of truth understand that theories are concepts of truth.
Seekers of truth will allow that maybe there is no absolute truth, but that what seems to be real, "might" actually be based on illusion.
To seek is to know that you have not found, and that you must therefore keep seeking.
Dammit! Now I am a seeker ?

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489157 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...then how was Abraham saved?
By sacrificing his first born child, Ishmael, to El.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489158 Nov 7, 2013
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Albert Einstein
truth

Perth, Australia

#489159 Nov 7, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...
pucki
bucki cucki ducki fucki gucki hucki jujcki kjujci lujci mujci nujci pujci qjujci
rujci surjci turjci vurjci wurjci xurci yurci zurjci
a tako kud to negde zurite zurchi a tako vi ste iz ruzicha kod kocerina
kome cerkez a kome pita pizza
a ono iza
ma kome
za appace
koje pace
pa ono jadno sugavo pache
nema pacetine
ma ja mislio pacetine i kiselog kupusa
to za apetite
da zjapite
piljite sto cu napisati
a pilovina
jesto ti
jeste
pa taj
blaeiounjar
a bunjar
cartijas
jeste
onaj ceruga
zar se ti rugas
jeste ru.gaj
vi ste gaj prprodanovich
ma nemoj
nesto vam cvijeta
ko pro ljece da da sve to kod vas prolazi
ko to jeca tamo
molim ljepo a oppa je
alloooooooo jelto neki pozivni
rekoh
izvini
dobih neki pogresni broj
u mamu mu ga
kako sum mistil
cekaj da zbrojim kolko sam sad dr.pil
kome ste to dr.pili
pa vase nije ni bilo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...

Albuquerque, NM

#489160 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
Peace
If being honest equates to "seeking the truth", then I think most people fall into this category to some degree. And depending upon perception, practice, and experience, one that is honest in seeking the truth arrives, or achieves a certain level of competence.
The issue remains of understanding one's own, and other's biases, through which communicating can often be a problem....
Peace
If one is honest in their search for the truth, and stay within this characteristic, then perception and bias is addressed as well.

One can seek out that men wrote the Bible, but in honesty, they ahve to admit that there is no evidence that any supernatural, unknown entity gave them to words to write.

This is again where honesty takes precedence in one's search.

But with so-called "Christians", they skip over this part of being honest and refuse to admit that they were wrong to believe in such.

You are like other so-called "Christians", you'll speak on the issues, but when it comes to the issue, you'll glaze right on past it, without ever directly addressing the issue.

Just like you did in the above post.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489161 Nov 7, 2013
o puuuuuu vidi barabe
a tako
to vi
o vasoj paraboli
para-evil
pa rabo la la la
slabo rabo slabosloborobo

its exist very low
-its exist very high organization
-which try ruin every person and every family

Albuquerque, NM

#489162 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
Do you know that Jesus had the authority to forgive sins while on this earth???
Now, we are baptized into His death, burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of our sins....
We each have the ability to forgive sins while we are alive on this planet.

Your comparison is lacking substance and viable evidence to prove any claim you are trying to make.

What exactly is the comment you are trying to make?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#489163 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief on the cross
you don't think a person can come to faith in Christ right before they die?
A person can come to Jesus hours before they die and be saved.

Agree Chuck. Hey, we agree on something?

I don't think we all need a Bible verse for that either (although the thief on the cross is a good enough example)

God is infinite love and mercy. Who are we to say He wouldn't save a sincere person moments before death? I bet it happens everyday.

Now that I agree with you and oldgee on this one, am I born again? Lol. Can I hang out with y'all now?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489164 Nov 7, 2013
The Jews, the Catholics, the Muslims and the Protestants all dictate to the same supposed god who HE has to love and who he has to reject.

And they continue to believe they have that power and control to manipulate the supposed deity ... simply by using human-created words.

Albuquerque, NM

#489165 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Seekers of truth NEVER believe they have found truth.
Seekers of truth understand that theories are concepts of truth.
Seekers of truth will allow that maybe there is no absolute truth, but that what seems to be real, "might" actually be based on illusion.
To seek is to know that you have not found, and that you must therefore keep seeking.
Just like Jesus stated. And in the past you claim you don't believe......

(1) And he said: "Whoever finds the meaning of these words will not taste death."

(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#489166 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't depend on "intellectual" understanding ... why read the scriptures at all???
After all ... it is the study of the scriptures that keeps people fighting over the intellectual meanings OF the scriptures.
So it seems the best answer, is to never read any of those supposed holy books in the first place, and just put faith in treating the neighbor as an equal.
RIGHT Robert???
June

Salaam Aleikum

To a certain degree you are correct. But more or less it is society that programs(propagandizes) people, and not the "fighting over scriptures" into fighting(especially wars).

IMHO wars are started by greed and envy, through which the "state" promotes aggression.

Faith comes before intellectual understanding. In this you are correct. So it is better to treat others better than one treats oneself, as a matter of a humbled faith, than to pound another person with scriptures over the head....

Faith begins the journey of understanding the scriptures.

Peace

P.S. No need to respond, since I entered and left in peace. Your choice!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489167 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Dammit! Now I am a seeker ?
LOL
GOOD! If we all became seekers of truth, theologians would have no more power to create right-fighters who would be determined to protect dogmas as being based on absolute truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489168 Nov 7, 2013
elitetite
a tako

eye for eye teth for teeth
titici i djetichi
i koji ste vi sfroj=jelte broj
id i idi nechu te
n e chu chu chu chu chu chu te
jel da da volite train
trun nije gospino mliko
jelte ko vas zadojio
a vi ste za di ju
ujidate ili se pretvarate preradovici ga.jovi.chi
chichu chu chu chu chi chi chi hi hi hiiiii
truth

Perth, Australia

#489169 Nov 7, 2013
imaklo
iz zmije
a tako
izmisljaju

ma nemoj
to se vi salite
etalise tali se
a rtako vi ste iz tolise ili iz stolice
a sto lica
100 face
begaj = aj aj bagbegbigbogbug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1