Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646359 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#489114 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say there are different requirements for folks in the New Testament than there were for the folks in the Old Testament.
I don't think that was God's plan...
People in the Old Testament were saved the same way folks are today....by faith.
Amen brother. The Bible tells us this over and over and over and over again.

Salvation is by faith alone in CHRIST ALONE.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489115 Nov 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did Christ teach us to get baptized?
Answer.......MARK 16:15-16.
Enough said.
Catholic theologians taught that a Jew named Jesus chose to be baptized as a Catholic, to in turn set an example that all people had to be baptized as Catholics, or Jesus would not save them from spending eternity in hell.

The Protestants took from that dogma whatever pleased them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489116 Nov 7, 2013
a spayichidaijchibajichicajichid aijchifajichigajichihajichijaj ichikajichilajichimajichinajic hipajichirajichispajichitajich ivajichiwajichixajichiyajichi
zajichi

Did they are spaying?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489117 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe in a religion that teaches that others deserve hell for eternity, while self deserves eternal bliss ... from my perception is not helping humans to strive for any semblance of world peace.
I condemn the religion ... not the people that believe in the religion.
To believe in a religion that teaches that others deserve hell for eternity - we all do Grams not just some

from my perception is not helping humans to strive for any semblance of world peace - why do we need world peace??

I condemn the religion - me too. It's nothing more than rules and traditions. I prefer Christianity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489118 Nov 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
morning Hank!
I see where you take water baptism very seriously but shouldn't the Holy Spirit baptism be of much more importance?
Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. >He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.<
Morning Marge,

I am saying this with all my heart, Marge....

I pray that God will lead you to the understanding of the different baptisms....

This baptism that you have quoted is the...

Baptism of the Holy Spirit which was for the Apostles and the House of Cornelius....

I had a hard time, also, seeing this....with much prayer and studying it...I have found the truth is God's word...

The baptism we receive today is the...

Baptism into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ...in which we received the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka the "Indwelling of the Holy Spirit."

Again, I pray God will lead you to the truth....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#489119 Nov 7, 2013
It is as "the Spirit of Christ" that the Holy Ghost takes possession of believers, introducing into them all the gracious, dove-like disposition which dwelt in Him (Mt 3:16; Joh 3:34). Now if any man's heart be void, not of such dispositions, but of the blessed Author of them, "the Spirit of Christ."

he is none of his—even though intellectually convinced of the truth of Christianity, and in a general sense influence by its spirit. Sharp, solemn statement this!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489120 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Evidently you do not believe what Jesus said. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world,fn that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Show me where Jesus said in order to be saved we must be baptized and if we are not baptized we are not saved and are condemned to hell forever. Show me these specific words of instruction from the Master to us.
OldJG,

We are already condemned, OldJG, for our sins....

This is why Jesus came....

Romans 8:3

3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

Could the law save anyone, OLDJG? NO!!! the law was powerless...Why???

Because it was weakened by the flesh......SIN....

He CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh.....

Prince George, Canada

#489121 Nov 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I have experienced it all at some time or another.
It is not the true nature of people. It is what they have been taught in bigotry and intolerance that causes that.
I have to look beyond that as best I can, because I have found folks in all walks of life that aren't at all bad. We are products of our environment, to whatever degree it has affected us, and how we perceive and interact with it. We need to change that "environment" for the better, so we all can have a more productive and peaceful existence.
That's why I spend my time on forums trying to show people how religion confused me, and why I left it behind.

I don't go in to their places of worship and cause a disturbance ... but forums are a totally different issue. They are now on turf where I have "equal" rights to discuss my atheism from my perspective. If they don't like the forum, they can leave and go back to their places of worship where they will get the respect for their religious ideas that pleases their NEEDS.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489122 Nov 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Someone, anyone....please provide a list of requirements Jesus preached and commanded to receive salvation other than......
B E L I E F
Not head belief. Heart belief! We all know Satan believes but not in his heart. Satan only acknowledges there is a God.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
OldJG....

You should already know the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament....
truth

Perth, Australia

#489123 Nov 7, 2013
what is wicketkriket did jesus play kriket feed and eat in wilderness no

Why jesus represent criket.tekirk..
o terka jesto ti..a tirki tirkate a sto dirate pa tirkami i turkamo
a dje ga tirskate i gurate
pa u boxe i ormarebabemare..ma nemoj
you have planty house with planty rooms..
a buuuuuuuuuu
a chu
a chau chau ua uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
vu v u vu auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
vu vu vu vava va vu vu va va
a
tako
vi ste vijici ma ne tak i tak vujcici bijcici skrinjici

o tako

swhut up
mafijoze
nema nikakkve joze ni ma
neke koze
toze i ko zoze
a viste sorze za zar i zance
slanine u planine
isuse boze ove rdgine
nazad
besh priko moga grunta regice
e da znas da neces
whooooo
pa ja kaj nikad nebil

no
i am not zagej

never

a tako
neces
no
why should be

a ti sjoborobo
kud ces ti jadance
ma nemoj
to neko mirce
ma daj nesmrci
utuzi mi to smrkanje
a tako
vi jos i smrcete
ma nemoj
na nos
aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Prince George, Canada

#489124 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears it is difficult for one fictional character to kill another fictional character.
Especially when they all worship the same fictional character.

The Jews, Muslims and Christians fight on earth about who the same supposed god loves and who he rejects.

But I suggest that nothing "of nature" is occurring up in the sky ... other than birds flying here and there performing THEIR daily rituals.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489125 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say there are different requirements for folks in the New Testament than there were for the folks in the Old Testament.
I don't think that was God's plan...
People in the Old Testament were saved the same way folks are today....by faith.
OK, I am back to Chuckie now....

The Law in the Old Testament COULD NOT and DID NOT save anyone, Chuckie.....

Hebrews 10:4

4 It is <<<IMPOSSIBLE>> > for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

So now that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, what does Jesus' blood do for the people in the Old Testament????

This is where people in the Old Testament enter in a covenant with God, Chuckie....

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a NEW COVENANT, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.~~~~~

Do you see it, Chuckie???

NOW that He has died as a ransom to SET THEM FREE from the SINS COMMITTED under the first covenant (Law-Old Testament).
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#489126 Nov 7, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We as adults are to be child like in the sense we believe as a child would without hesitation in believing what God says, once again the word believing which again shows the ability one must have to do God's will, which is believe, and this is also another thing an infant isn't able to do. As adults we are not to be child like in belief to be caught up in everything that's said without proof. The fact is a child is pure and sin free and in no need of being baptized so we can be forgiven of our past sins which again an infant doesn't have a need to be forgiven as they are sin free.
Working for the Lord

Peace

I appreciate your response, and agree with most of it. But I would desire to communicate this..., If as you say a baby "doesn't have a need to be forgiven", then how, or why, does this impede or impinge on a baby being baptized?

In fact, it is only our perception of the ability to "believe", which is in question. So does a person of low IQ not being able to believe also impede them from being baptized?

The point I am trying to convey to you is that baptism does not require the "work" of believing. Rather believing is more spontaneous, and a part of man's nature, given by God.

To rest one's eternal fate on being able to understand the Gospel, hinges itself like a door on faith, hope, and love, but not on intellectual understanding, when one is baptized.

With God, He is not so much interested in our understanding we are sinners, as He is on our faith, hope, and love....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#489128 Nov 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
At least provide a Bible verse that explicitly says non-believers won't go to Hell.
It doesn't matter which religion to which the devout believers belong, they will all choose their favorite scriptures in their favorite books written by their favorite theologians to try to make "their cases" credible.

"Read THIS scripture and it will make it plain that 'I' am right and you are 'wrong.'"

Religious wars were caused by the right-fighting-warriors using their favorite scriptures as weapons of supposed "defense."

"You are a heretic ... and 'I' am a martyred SAINT."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489129 Nov 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I am back to Chuckie now....
The Law in the Old Testament COULD NOT and DID NOT save anyone, Chuckie.....
Hebrews 10:4
4 It is <<<IMPOSSIBLE>> > for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
So now that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, what does Jesus' blood do for the people in the Old Testament????
This is where people in the Old Testament enter in a covenant with God, Chuckie....
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a NEW COVENANT, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—~~~~~now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.~~~~~
Do you see it, Chuckie???
NOW that He has died as a ransom to SET THEM FREE from the SINS COMMITTED under the first covenant (Law-Old Testament).
How was Moses saved?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#489130 Nov 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, what happens to them?
Chuckie,

Please show me from the Word of God, where God accepts a "Death Bed Confession?"

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489131 Nov 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when they all worship the same fictional character.
The Jews, Muslims and Christians fight on earth about who the same supposed god loves and who he rejects.
But I suggest that nothing "of nature" is occurring up in the sky ... other than birds flying here and there performing THEIR daily rituals.
It seems to me at times that religion is used an excuse to exxpect a deity to change the world instead of us changing ourselves.

It is the difference between the "do this" of Jesus and the "believe this" of Paul.

Note who Christians actually follow.

Prince George, Canada

#489132 Nov 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
To rest one's eternal fate on being able to understand the Gospel, hinges itself like a door on faith, hope, and love, but not on intellectual understanding, when one is baptized.
If you don't depend on "intellectual" understanding ... why read the scriptures at all???

After all ... it is the study of the scriptures that keeps people fighting over the intellectual meanings OF the scriptures.

So it seems the best answer, is to never read any of those supposed holy books in the first place, and just put faith in treating the neighbor as an equal.

RIGHT Robert???
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#489133 Nov 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism of babies is a dedication ..to raise them to know God..And nothing wrong with that ..BUT IT DOES NOT mean they will be Christians,when they choose for themselves ...
We EACH HAVE TO CHOOSE HIM ...And make Him.the Focus of Our lives
Nowhere did,JESUS ever say baptize babies .
Preach and baptize BELIEVERS,
Now,personally I believes little ones, ate close to God by their INNOCENCE ..baptized or not ...But they CANNOT CHOOSE anything important ..it's up to us to raise them
Terrible threes and,all
RoSesz

Peace

You write, " Baptism of babies is a dedication...."

If this is true, then what about baptism of adults? Is this not also a dedication? An acknowledgement to a set of vows to God?

I think, one must be born-again. And that is of God through Jesus Christ. And so one is Baptised by God when one is born-again, through faith. The act of human baptism is one of sacramental nature.

But in the end, as you write also that no one knows if a baptized baby will become a Christian when they get older. The same is true of a person who takes the vows of baptism, and then breaks them..., which leads us back to the much debated argument here on "once saved always saved".

It is the free-will and act of God, through His Mercy in Jesus Christ which touches our souls for us to become born-again. So it is not within our understanding to determine, but rather God's Providence when one is Born-Again.

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

#489134 Nov 7, 2013
o to si ti neki vikingo is finske svedske
a je li bolan da nisi irac pirac zlatokljunac da nemate mozda neki zlatni zub
aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiii
jao kad bude u grobovima vruche sto ce to da se raspali i rastali
a tako
vi radite u nekoj talionici
talite srebro zlato
kijete i potkivate

kome potkove a kome opanci
negdi ste osjeli kod opacka da vidimo macka vicugichipichigicipecinovcicec inovcisecinovcizetinovci
ma hajde znas gdje
au.to.biush vishe nevozi
ma zakaj bi brekaj koci rekoh ti
iskaxcem
a gdje ces kad niko nevozi
a tako

to vi meni
pukla guma a rezerve nema
sram te bilo

napolje rekoh
ma cekaj sto ti bi
neuctiv si au bu
krpimo gume
puklo sve
ma ebe sh to sve
mali donesi lipilo da to nekako prikopcamo i prilipimo
pa da se krene
a ghdje
pa na tarjik=kijratkia
see
a tako
to vi kijate
nesto ste se prehladili
jelto zbog oborina iz avlije
ma cuj doso
ako ces kartu
onda dajem free mantle
ma to zar boga molish za mene
nema dzabe ni ustare babe

e kad nema meni
neka nema ni tebi
a tako
vi to pritite
dip dip dip le
no implaje
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
sto ste rekli
not impale
napunpale
nemate pumpu
ajde daj onu od koze jel moze
onu di.placu=id.plac u
i di ste rekli da placu
sram vas bilo
jel to neko ptice riche
o no no riche lavoa velika glava
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24749166
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2484739...

which characteristic head have
3x

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web