Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596159 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Its really simple

Kaplan, LA

#488831 Nov 6, 2013
Jesus had his 12 apostles when he precheds here on Earth and one of his apostles Saint Peter became the first pope. The reason that the Catholic religion is the only true religion is because of Jesus's 12 apostles, the first pope Saint Peter, and the Catholic Priests that followed the death of Jesus Christ, the Catholic religion is the only religion which can trace its roots directy to God the Son Jesus Christ, which is why the pope made the correct statement that the Catholic religion is the only true religion.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488832 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Look how SERIOUS this covenant is with God/Jesus....

See the small word "I"....it doesn't say parents, godparents, grandparents, brother, sister, etc......"I"

Can an infant/small child understand what they are doing with their live?

Parents CANNOT make this decision for the child....

It has to come from the individual....as,

SIN is an ACT committed by the individual.

Also,

Children are a GIFT from God....

Why would God give us a child with sin when it is born???

Doesn't make any sense....
truth

Perth, Australia

#488833 Nov 6, 2013
Why Abraham need blessing?

Isaiah
i been before

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#488834 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends if the child knows the difference between right and wrong.
Until that time, the baby/small child is pure and innocent and their soul will go to God....
To be in a covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS in which an infant/small child CANNOT make that decision.
Nor is,an infant held liable by God ..it seems,even They have done away with limbo ...the place they told me as a child ..th a baptized dead babies,go WITHOUT JESUS,..the same JESUS,who.said
LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO.ME ...

Strange belief ..But it stuck.with me for years,...

Besides..I guess,you can RENEW your Baptism if your CATHOLIC.

http://www.vocationnetwork.org/blog/spiritcit...

What you call something can always change

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488835 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
And yet bodies were seen resurrected after Jesus,was ..my understanding is the souls of believers were taken to heAven as well..by Jesus ..THEIR REDEEMER .. MOSES,ABRAHAM ..GOD FEARERS ....JOSEPH ..DAVID ..
their souls,were NOT left to eternal darkness after Jesus conquered DEATH
----------
The souls of the righteous dead were in a place called 'Abraham's bosom' before Jesus was resurrected. It was not hell. Remember Jesus' account of the rich man and Lazarus.
KayMarie
Isn't it explained in LUKE?
Liam

United States

#488836 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Clay....
You wrote:
We go by what Jesus taught and the Apostles told us.
Please supply the chapter and verse where Jesus said that infants need to be baptized.
And don't use the word household....
The only reason is the false teaching of original (inherit) sin....
I have supplied this form with the verses that we DO NOT inherit anyone's sins.....
If you would seriously think about inheriting anyone's sins and don't listen to the false teachings of the Catholic church, you will see that it is nonsense and doesn't make any sense.
If inherited sins were true, we would have generation after generations of inherited sins.....doesn't make any sense.
Please supply us with the verse where Jesus says NOT to Baptize infants. You guys are the ones who changed it, not us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488837 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is,an infant held liable by God ..it seems,even They have done away with limbo ...the place they told me as a child ..th a baptized dead babies,go WITHOUT JESUS,..the same JESUS,who.said
LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO.ME ...
Strange belief ..But it stuck.with me for years,...
Besides..I guess,you can RENEW your Baptism if your CATHOLIC.
http://www.vocationnetwork.org/blog/spiritcit...
What you call something can always change
But the Word of God remains the same....

A covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS....which cannot be done by an infant/small child....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488838 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to hang on the dilemma of understanding the meaning of "water" in the intended context. Find out what is the meaning of the "living water", and it all will come together.
"water" has been an integral part of all civilization since the very beginning of all life on earth...the component for completeness.
The Hebrews (and probably even before then) understood the "living water" as the sustenance gift of GOD. The gift that allowed for the continuance of life altogether....and a necessary vehicle to enable the human vessel to it's potential, and develop in spirituality to the extent it can come to fruition in a complete connection with it's creator....in which it becomes one with GOD...at which point the process is finished...and both are fulfilled.
Good post BT42.

Moving past the words to understand the meaning of the words, that have been written, is a task that causes one to the also understand themselves and their role in life.

I find it quite scarce within Christianity for an individual to actually admit "honest failure" in communicating with "God". Yet some individuals claim to "know God".

Your post shows how the RCC is quite incorrect of its unfounded claim.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488839 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it explained in LUKE?
I've always,thought of Abrahams,bosom...as,a,part of SHEOL..where the,JUST waited until Jesus,Redeemed them.as,He did us

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488840 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A covenant relationship with God is VERY SERIOUS....which cannot be done by an infant/small child....
If one believes,in the,Rapture ..the little children will be taken up with believers,
truth

Perth, Australia

#488841 Nov 6, 2013
Don't be naive my Son

Cross INRI

My hands my lags my body my mind my crown pain
No pain exist as pain of body
No pain exist as pain of Crown
-there is a no law
-there is not love
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering

Cross INRI

remember my Son
What so ever they say
it is written it is as it is from beginning
tribe against tribe
people against people
nation against nation
Its history

All of them want say they much more right then who died on Cross.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488842 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As people do not understand the URGENCY in being PREPARED for Jesus' coming.....
IMMEDIATE RESPONSE is necessary when a person realizes the DANGERS of SIN on their souls....
Christ said be not afraid, so why worry?

Albuquerque, NM

#488843 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Chuck ..Jesus knew my heart when I was,baptized as an adult
"Jesus knew my heart"
This thought was only generated in your mind. Psychologists call this result "synthetic" - because a thought is artificially generated through the interactions of neurons and other processes within the brain that causes one to use all of there senses to arrive at a conclusion. Of course you don't reveal, that this was probably done after you CHOSE to leave the RCC. Which furthermore, was probably because you either learned of or read something about the RCC that didn't quite agree with you. I know others who had done the same thing - moving from the RCC to another non-Catholic denomination, but still "feel" for the RCC. The way you talk about the RCC is a clear indication of that assessment.

Again, you speak of Self.

"when I was,baptized as an adult"
Another choice YOU made. Which is also Self.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>After much prayer on it ..I was baptized after receiving Christ as,Lord of my life
And yet again, you speak of the Self.

When does Jesus come into play, again?

Oh wait, you don't believe Jesus when he said, "to know yourself".
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>..I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord .
However there,are several articles,like this one ...
About Catholics pilgrims...imagine that
http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.a...
"I honestly am not accepting advice from that person about my FAITH in the Lord"
- of course you don't have to. You are a sentient being with a choice. Remember - we just discussed the Self.

Why do you believe fallible men can define an infallible being?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488844 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess Ladi wants children, adults to go to Limbo too.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488845 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If one believes,in the,Rapture ..the little children will be taken up with believers,
A protestant made up the term rapture a little over a hundred years ago.

Albuquerque, NM

#488846 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:

What she is saying that only believers are baptized. An infant is not a believer, nor do they remember being baptized. So when one repents and receives Christ by faith, then and only then they are baptized. You have it backwards.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Say your family was in a car wreck, your child who should have been baptized as a baby , dies without being baptized. Its your fault now isn't it.
What's "Chuck's" fault? You have an incomplete statement.

Albuquerque, NM

#488847 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep man, deep....LOL....
Too deep for you?

:o)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488848 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As an infant, there is NO WAY to have a covenant relationship with God being baptized as an infant.
What is the purpose of baptism?
Forgiveness of your sins.
What sins has an infant committed???
And don't say original (inherited) sins....there is NO such thing....
God does His part in baptism,
AND,
Man has his part in his baptism.
Christ would want babies baptized so the devil won't get them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488849 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your innuendos always hints at you KNOWING some ancient wisdom as fact ... and I don't buy your nonsense ... any more than you believe I have wisdom in my possession.
You KNOW you don't believe that I am at all wise ... and I don't blame you ... as I also know that I am NOT at all wise.
It is not important to me what you believe...but is seems all important to you what I believe.
There was no "innuendo" in what I stated at all. it is an observance of actuality...simple as that.
You attempt to make it all seem as though it is something it is not.

It appears you are quite desperate to defame my person in some way..even if it is grasping at the weakest of straws.
All of this over the clarification of whether wisdom is of old or modern...and I simply said that it is neither and both(which is actuality).
What is it with that that you can not understand as a simple statement of fact that you have to make an elaborate "inquisition" about it June?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488850 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As an infant, there is NO WAY to have a covenant relationship with God being baptized as an infant.
What is the purpose of baptism?
Forgiveness of your sins.
What sins has an infant committed???
And don't say original (inherited) sins....there is NO such thing....
God does His part in baptism,
AND,
Man has his part in his baptism.
The Bible records the initial burst of Christianity. You won't find two married parents bringing forth their child to be Baptized because there really weren't two Christian parents around yet.
However, the Apostles taught to Baptize entire households- including infants. We can prove this by the discovery of first century tombs and catacombs.
We go by the word of God, Truth, given orally and written by the Apostles. Do not mess with the deposit of truth by them .. We did not miss the teaching on Baptism for 2,000 yrs.
I really can't stomach the ignorance coming from you all anymore. After going around and round on the same old stuff all these yrs, it hasn't dawned on ya yet. You are not called by the Lord to preach something opposite of what was already taught. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 min Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web