Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,057
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488764 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no mention of a Jesus in the old testament.
THAT was a Catholic CREATION, that you in turn aim to steal away from the Catholics to use for your Protestant SCHEME!!!
Even the Jews admit that a "Messiah" isn't in their scriptures. The "Messiah" is an admitted cultural tradition and has no theological support what so ever.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488766 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think and I believe that I know more about Jesus that you do. if YOU know more than I do, please tell me ONE person that Jesus every Baptized.
John the Baptist let all of us know that water baptism was soon to be put on the [back burner] so to speak.
and please don't tell me that I know nothing, when I make a statement that you disagree with, but YET YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG.
and with the fact that you cant prove me wrong, in no way proves that I am adding any private interpretation, since I showed that another Expert agrees 100% with my knowledge of the Bible.
WHILE YOU AND HANK CAN ONLY SET ON THE SIDELINES, SINCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR LACK OF IT,IS OMITTING THE TRUTH.
Notice, Preston....it was an IMMEDIATE response to the Gospel Call....

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number <<<that day.>>>

that day....they were baptized....
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488767 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are set free ..it is finished ..by the BLOOD OF CHRIST ..HE DID IT .
BAPTISM ..wonderful ..But HIS BLOOD ..HIM DRINKING THAT VILE CUP OF OUR SIN. is what has saved us .
Baptism symbolizes death to the old ...
Many who met Him were NOT baptized ..many were ..they believed ..or didn't ...
Must believe to have ETERNAL LIFE ..must believe
You aren't free of anything, in fact you are part of the culture of death. Yes you are , youy commit a mortal sin everytime you promote the pill to unmarried young people. Yes rose, you are doing the devil's work. The devil has really deceived you into going to a protestant church and denying Christ. No matter how you put it, rose, you have committed a vile sin and you need to confess the sin and quit promoting pre marital sex to young teenagers. You also do the devil's work by promoting anti Catholicism and spreading falsehoods. And you could never stand up and defend Christ. Never, rose.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488768 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number <<<that day.>>>
Corect.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488769 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS after giving a,profession of faith and brief account ...witness ..
As,I said I prayed on it ..I knew,it was something GOD wanted of me..
No one pressured me either and it was a BAPTIST CHURCH ....I had heard really odd things,that were NOT true about Baptists .
Which goes,to show get information first hand about ANY CHURCH one thinks of Joining .
Rose,

I want to say to you that I am sorry....

You stated that you were baptized as a baby and I was thinking infant...

BUT,

If you made your confession, etc. then you were of age....

Again, I want to say I am sorry for my misunderstanding...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#488770 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you see that Baptism is dividing you guys? I know you say that I'm not born again (you've already declared my destination when I die).
But I thought Hank was a born again..
You seem to be taking the role of Pope amongst the non Catholic Christians on here. Clearly, the Bible is not infallible without an infallible authority to interpret it. Right? So I can presume that unless all the Christians agree with you on Baptism, they are not born again?
The first Christians who verbally heard the Gospel, baptized infants. How come you blame the Roman Catholic Church for corrupting Baptism then - if you say they didn't form until Constantine in 313 AD. That's not very fair and I'm going to call you out
on your ignorance.
We all believe in BAPTISM ...probably all baptized .

Baptism of the SPIRIT ...then water ...
Our belief comes,first ..

Location hidden

#488771 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, and I like how you made sure they were aware that they didn't tarry, they done it immediately. As you are probably aware that all the baptism were done immediately, which is a good point to show to people, because some denominations, such as the Baptist will have you wait a week or two before they baptize you, which isn't sound doctrine at all.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488772 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
3,000 souls at Pentecost....just for starters, Preston....
"Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day."
John the Baptist baptism was for repentance.....
Could his baptism (John's) save us from our SINS? NO!!!!!!!!!!
It is being baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the Gospel of Christ Jesus...the good news, Preston.....
after they were filled with the Holy Ghost(Born Again), then were they Baptized. NOT BEFORE HANK AND YOU KNOW IT, QUIT TRYING TO DECEIVE.

Baptized after they were Believers, who heard and accepted the Word. if water had Saved them, God could have just sent rain on them. which reminds me, He stopped the rain when I was going to be Baptized(9 months and 3 days after I was Saved), and after the baptism(9 months and 1 day after I was filled with the Holy Ghost), the rain came back down.lol.

I had my Spiritual Experiences in accordance with those in the Bible.

Believed, filled with the Holy Ghost, and then Water Baptism. that is the perfect Experience with the Walk with God.

No water saving and no piece of grain. no prayers to any dead person.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488773 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ignore my question???
Within the theology ... was Jesus baptized by John as a Jew or a Catholic or a Protestant???
Come ON ... bible "EXPERT???"
~~~

NEITHER ONE...

HE WAS BAPTIZED TO "fulfil all righteousness."

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

WE SHOULD FOLLOW JESUS' EXAMPLE...

HE SAID IN

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Heb_5:9 And being made perfect, he/JESUS became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Joh 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Joh 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
Joh 4:2

NOTE (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

JESUS SAID

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

BAPTISM WITH OUT REPENTANCE FIRST...IS NOTHING MORE THAN TAKING A BATH..

BAPTISM WITH REPENTANCE IS CEREMONIAL CLEANSING..

G909
&#946;&#945;&#960; &#964;&#953;&#963; &#956;&#959;&#769; &#962;
baptismos
bap-tis-mos'
From G907; ablution (ceremonially or Christian):- baptism, washing.

ABLUTION IS
G2512
&#954;&#945;&#952; &#945;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#956;&#959; &#769;&#962;
katharismos
kath-ar-is-mos'
From G2511; a washing off, that is,(ceremonially) ablution,(morally) expiation:- cleansing,+ purge, purification,(-fying).

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488774 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Corect.
but they didn't belong to any church nor did Peter try and shoved the Campbellite church at them.lol

it makes no difference when a Born Again Believers gets Baptized, in fact the Scripture shows that the Spirit will flow from breast to breast but it does not say that any water will flow from breast to breast.

that indicates to me, that the Spirit is important to God, the water baptism is important to show People that you now belong to the Lord. while the Spirit shows that God belongs to YOU.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#488775 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
I want to say to you that I am sorry....
You stated that you were baptized as a baby and I was thinking infant...
BUT,
If you made your confession, etc. then you were of age....
Again, I want to say I am sorry for my misunderstanding...
No problem it may have been confusing .

I WAS as a CATHOLIC baptized as a baby .

Then again about 10 years,ago after professing..testifying my.belief ..
Again the BAPTIST church ..full emersiin...
Made me understand the act of BAPTISM itself was Not how,I came to salvation ..But by my faith ..through grace ..

Jesus,said SO.many times,..thy FAITH.has,saved thee, healed th ed, healed by child fro. Miles away ..healed the servant ...FAITH..

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488776 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was baptized so there is no division.
Only if you become a JEW is there no division!

Jehovah does not divide his emotions among Jews Catholics and Protestants. Not to even mention the Muslims that are waiting for the 12th Imam.

If you don't believe me, just ask Jehovah and he'll tell you ... straight OUT. Or at least that's what I heard just now via the telegraph from the sky!

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#488777 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem it may have been confusing .
I WAS as a CATHOLIC baptized as a baby .
OH OH!

:)

Was it in the name of John, the Catholic's Baptist, or Jesus ... the ex-Jew turn-coat???

Quesnel, Canada

#488778 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NEITHER ONE...
HE WAS BAPTIZED TO "fulfil all righteousness."
You are such a fibber.

The Catholics wrote the new testament. Protestants had NO part in it whatsoever, and we all KNOW the story that unless people are baptized into the Catholic faith, they can't go to Christian heaven. Of the Abrahamic religion ... THAT excludes Protestants AND Jews AND Muslims.

I suggest you get your stories straight!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Quesnel, Canada

#488779 Nov 6, 2013
Protestants keep trying to horn in on Catholic doctrine as though THEY were the first there and so they should be the first ones SERVED.

Religion doesn't work that way.

The Catholics manipulated the doctrines of the Jews ... then the Muslims manipulated the doctrines of Jews AND Catholics ... and then the Protestants manipulated that doctrines of the Jews, the Catholics and the Muslims.

Concerning the manipulation-factor ... it's all a matter of getting in line.

Then ... if we go back further in doctrine-manipulation ... we will find where the Jews manipulated the doctrines of the Hebrews, who were at one time polytheists, believing in many gods and many wives.

Quesnel, Canada

#488780 Nov 6, 2013
The Hebrew Goddess

Asherah, known as the "Lady of the Sea"

Asherah, the Shekinah, consort and beloved of Yahweh. God-the-Mother. Her sacred pillars or poles once stood right beside Yahweh's altar, embracing it. Moses and Aaron both carried one of these Asherah "poles" as a sacred staff of power. The Children of Israel were once dramatically healed simply by gazing at the staff with serpents suspended from it. This symbol, the snakes and the staff, has become the modern universal symbol for doctors and healers.* Asherah was also widely known in the Middle Eastern ancient world as a Goddess of Healing. Then She was removed forcibly from the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures around 400 or 500 B.C.

http://www.northernway.org/hgoddess.html

Quesnel, Canada

#488781 Nov 6, 2013
The Shekinah is held by many to represent the feminine attributes of the presence of God (shekhinah being a feminine word in Hebrew), based especially on readings of the Talmud and the Kabbalah. The word 'Matronit' is also employed to represent this usage. Comparative Religionists suggest a comparison to shakti, the female energy of Hindu gods, and to the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.ht...
Liam

United States

#488782 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We all believe in BAPTISM ...probably all baptized .
Baptism of the SPIRIT ...then water ...
Our belief comes,first ..
Did the Jew wait until he was 16 to get circumcised? I would hope not. Ouch!
His parents brought him before God as an infant. Christians do the same like Christ commanded, without the snip snip.

Quesnel, Canada

#488783 Nov 6, 2013
I keep suggesting that people should study religion from the outside in, rather than from inside the individual cults ONLY ... but my suggestions fall on deaf ears.

All people raised to have faith in only their own doctrines, will place value ON ONLY their own doctrines.

But there is a big world of differences within the beliefs of those in religions ... and only by study of the many religions from an objective point of view can we learn about those differences, and the REASONS for the differences.

Location hidden

#488784 Nov 6, 2013
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,
1. Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 3 hr TheRealOzzy 14
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,322
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 5 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 7 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE