Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,621 - 471,640 of 539,661 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488751 Nov 6, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19
Damn! You morons never read your own magic book.
If I really believed the Bible was the Perfect Word of God like you clowns say you do, I would spend my life memorizing it.
All you clowns do is prove that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE THING!
You are worse than atheists! You are all frauds and liars!

----------
Good preaching, Ben.

KM

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488752 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Why do you ignore my question???

Within the theology ... was Jesus baptized by John as a Jew or a Catholic or a Protestant???

Come ON ... bible "EXPERT???"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488753 Nov 6, 2013
These religious fanatics make me loose faith in most of humanity.

I have never realized how ignorant, stupid and deceitful so many 'Christians" were until witnessing their insanity on Topix.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#488754 Nov 6, 2013
If Jesus was God then He deserved to be crucified.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488755 Nov 6, 2013
who="BenAdam"<quo ted text>
He wasn't even a Christian!
----------
The Christ (Messiah) was prophesied in Genesis,
There was no mention of a Jesus in the old testament.

THAT was a Catholic CREATION, that you in turn aim to steal away from the Catholics to use for your Protestant SCHEME!!!

#488756 Nov 6, 2013
The following posts are side by side:

QUOTE who="BenAdam" <quoted text>

All of the children of Israel were baptized when they came through the Red Sea.
KayMarie

BenAdam:
According to the theology ... as JEWS ... NOT Catholics, or Protestants.

----------
The Christ (Messiah) was prophesied in Genesis, and all people of faith looked forward to His appearance. Thus ALL of those who believe in God have always been 'Christian'. Their faith was founded on God's promise to send them a Savior (Jesus Christ).

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488757 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute.
you said that water baptism is a commandment, then prove it. show us where Jesus told someone to be Baptized.
how many times must I ask you to prove your statement is Biblical and Truthful?
I am not interested in anything else from you
Preston,

Just because you do not see the word COMMAND in scriptures does not mean that there are no COMMANDS....

One MUST know the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament....

God's Spirit was speaking through Peter when he preached his sermon.....

When the people heard this, they were ~cut to the heart~ and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we DO?”

DO....what shall we do?????

Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You don't hear the COMMAND from Peter in which God's Spirit is SPEAKING through Peter....REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED....

Do you hear the sense of URGENCY in his voice?

Did the people WAIT until the next day?

Did the people make an appointment for another day to be baptized?

Do we KNOW the date and time for Jesus' return???

We are told to be READY and PREPARED.....

Baptism IS A cleansing, burial, resurrection, the death of the old, and the birth of the new.

Now, why would you think that God would not command it?

#488758 Nov 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Abraham's "JEWISH" bosom!
:)

----------
See post # 488748
KM
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#488759 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Also Chuck, Baptism appears to be a divider amongst the born agains. Which one of you are going to make the infallible decision on the matter? There can only be one truth.
You need a Pope, man.
I was baptized so there is no division.

You need Christ......man
Liam

United States

#488760 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think and I believe that I know more about Jesus that you do. if YOU know more than I do, please tell me ONE person that Jesus every Baptized.
John the Baptist let all of us know that water baptism was soon to be put on the [back burner] so to speak.
and please don't tell me that I know nothing, when I make a statement that you disagree with, but YET YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG.
and with the fact that you cant prove me wrong, in no way proves that I am adding any private interpretation, since I showed that another Expert agrees 100% with my knowledge of the Bible.
WHILE YOU AND HANK CAN ONLY SET ON THE SIDELINES, SINCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR LACK OF IT,IS OMITTING THE TRUTH.
Can't you see that Baptism is dividing you guys? I know you say that I'm not born again (you've already declared my destination when I die).
But I thought Hank was a born again..

You seem to be taking the role of Pope amongst the non Catholic Christians on here. Clearly, the Bible is not infallible without an infallible authority to interpret it. Right? So I can presume that unless all the Christians agree with you on Baptism, they are not born again?
The first Christians who verbally heard the Gospel, baptized infants. How come you blame the Roman Catholic Church for corrupting Baptism then - if you say they didn't form until Constantine in 313 AD. That's not very fair and I'm going to call you out on your ignorance.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#488761 Nov 6, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
And yet bodies were seen resurrected after Jesus,was ..my understanding is the souls of believers were taken to heAven as well..by Jesus ..THEIR REDEEMER .. MOSES,ABRAHAM ..GOD FEARERS ....JOSEPH ..DAVID ..
their souls,were NOT left to eternal darkness after Jesus conquered DEATH
----------
The souls of the righteous dead were in a place called 'Abraham's bosom' before Jesus was resurrected. It was not hell. Remember Jesus' account of the rich man and Lazarus.
KayMarie
Right that's,what I was trying to say ..SHEOL was,the,same as,..or ABRAHams,Bosom.was part of Sheol..either way I was telling him
They are,not in he'll...darkness or any such thing .

Try believed in Messiah ..looking forward ...

And I believe Jesus,freed them even from There by opening up the gates,of heaven
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488762 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think and I believe that I know more about Jesus that you do. if YOU know more than I do, please tell me ONE person that Jesus every Baptized.
John the Baptist let all of us know that water baptism was soon to be put on the [back burner] so to speak.
and please don't tell me that I know nothing, when I make a statement that you disagree with, but YET YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG.
and with the fact that you cant prove me wrong, in no way proves that I am adding any private interpretation, since I showed that another Expert agrees 100% with my knowledge of the Bible.
WHILE YOU AND HANK CAN ONLY SET ON THE SIDELINES, SINCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR LACK OF IT,IS OMITTING THE TRUTH.
3,000 souls at Pentecost....just for starters, Preston....

"Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day."

John the Baptist baptism was for repentance.....

Could his baptism (John's) save us from our SINS? NO!!!!!!!!!!

It is being baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the Gospel of Christ Jesus...the good news, Preston.....

#488763 Nov 6, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
THAT was a Catholic CREATION, that you in turn aim to steal away from the Catholics to use for your Protestant SCHEME!!!

----------
Jesus was prophesied throughout the Old Testament, and it is NOT a Catholic invention. Even they do not claim to have been started until Jesus' resurrection.

Need some proof? Even His life and death are foretold throughout the O.T., as well as His return to earth, which is yet in the future.

KayMarie

“Love much, trust none”

There

#488764 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Jews admit that a "Messiah" isn't in their scriptures. The "Messiah" is an admitted cultural tradition and has no theological support what so ever.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488766 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Notice, Preston....it was an IMMEDIATE response to the Gospel Call....

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number <<<that day.>>>

that day....they were baptized....
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488767 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are set free ..it is finished ..by the BLOOD OF CHRIST ..HE DID IT .
BAPTISM ..wonderful ..But HIS BLOOD ..HIM DRINKING THAT VILE CUP OF OUR SIN. is what has saved us .
Baptism symbolizes death to the old ...
Many who met Him were NOT baptized ..many were ..they believed ..or didn't ...
Must believe to have ETERNAL LIFE ..must believe
You aren't free of anything, in fact you are part of the culture of death. Yes you are , youy commit a mortal sin everytime you promote the pill to unmarried young people. Yes rose, you are doing the devil's work. The devil has really deceived you into going to a protestant church and denying Christ. No matter how you put it, rose, you have committed a vile sin and you need to confess the sin and quit promoting pre marital sex to young teenagers. You also do the devil's work by promoting anti Catholicism and spreading falsehoods. And you could never stand up and defend Christ. Never, rose.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488768 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number <<<that day.>>>
Corect.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488769 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS after giving a,profession of faith and brief account ...witness ..
As,I said I prayed on it ..I knew,it was something GOD wanted of me..
No one pressured me either and it was a BAPTIST CHURCH ....I had heard really odd things,that were NOT true about Baptists .
Which goes,to show get information first hand about ANY CHURCH one thinks of Joining .
Rose,

I want to say to you that I am sorry....

You stated that you were baptized as a baby and I was thinking infant...

BUT,

If you made your confession, etc. then you were of age....

Again, I want to say I am sorry for my misunderstanding...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#488770 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you see that Baptism is dividing you guys? I know you say that I'm not born again (you've already declared my destination when I die).
But I thought Hank was a born again..
You seem to be taking the role of Pope amongst the non Catholic Christians on here. Clearly, the Bible is not infallible without an infallible authority to interpret it. Right? So I can presume that unless all the Christians agree with you on Baptism, they are not born again?
The first Christians who verbally heard the Gospel, baptized infants. How come you blame the Roman Catholic Church for corrupting Baptism then - if you say they didn't form until Constantine in 313 AD. That's not very fair and I'm going to call you out
on your ignorance.
We all believe in BAPTISM ...probably all baptized .

Baptism of the SPIRIT ...then water ...
Our belief comes,first ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488771 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, and I like how you made sure they were aware that they didn't tarry, they done it immediately. As you are probably aware that all the baptism were done immediately, which is a good point to show to people, because some denominations, such as the Baptist will have you wait a week or two before they baptize you, which isn't sound doctrine at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 2 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... Mon James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government Mon L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••