Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603417 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488776 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was baptized so there is no division.
Only if you become a JEW is there no division!

Jehovah does not divide his emotions among Jews Catholics and Protestants. Not to even mention the Muslims that are waiting for the 12th Imam.

If you don't believe me, just ask Jehovah and he'll tell you ... straight OUT. Or at least that's what I heard just now via the telegraph from the sky!

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#488777 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem it may have been confusing .
I WAS as a CATHOLIC baptized as a baby .
OH OH!

:)

Was it in the name of John, the Catholic's Baptist, or Jesus ... the ex-Jew turn-coat???

Quesnel, Canada

#488778 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NEITHER ONE...
HE WAS BAPTIZED TO "fulfil all righteousness."
You are such a fibber.

The Catholics wrote the new testament. Protestants had NO part in it whatsoever, and we all KNOW the story that unless people are baptized into the Catholic faith, they can't go to Christian heaven. Of the Abrahamic religion ... THAT excludes Protestants AND Jews AND Muslims.

I suggest you get your stories straight!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Quesnel, Canada

#488779 Nov 6, 2013
Protestants keep trying to horn in on Catholic doctrine as though THEY were the first there and so they should be the first ones SERVED.

Religion doesn't work that way.

The Catholics manipulated the doctrines of the Jews ... then the Muslims manipulated the doctrines of Jews AND Catholics ... and then the Protestants manipulated that doctrines of the Jews, the Catholics and the Muslims.

Concerning the manipulation-factor ... it's all a matter of getting in line.

Then ... if we go back further in doctrine-manipulation ... we will find where the Jews manipulated the doctrines of the Hebrews, who were at one time polytheists, believing in many gods and many wives.

Quesnel, Canada

#488780 Nov 6, 2013
The Hebrew Goddess

Asherah, known as the "Lady of the Sea"

Asherah, the Shekinah, consort and beloved of Yahweh. God-the-Mother. Her sacred pillars or poles once stood right beside Yahweh's altar, embracing it. Moses and Aaron both carried one of these Asherah "poles" as a sacred staff of power. The Children of Israel were once dramatically healed simply by gazing at the staff with serpents suspended from it. This symbol, the snakes and the staff, has become the modern universal symbol for doctors and healers.* Asherah was also widely known in the Middle Eastern ancient world as a Goddess of Healing. Then She was removed forcibly from the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures around 400 or 500 B.C.

http://www.northernway.org/hgoddess.html

Quesnel, Canada

#488781 Nov 6, 2013
The Shekinah is held by many to represent the feminine attributes of the presence of God (shekhinah being a feminine word in Hebrew), based especially on readings of the Talmud and the Kabbalah. The word 'Matronit' is also employed to represent this usage. Comparative Religionists suggest a comparison to shakti, the female energy of Hindu gods, and to the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.ht...
Liam

United States

#488782 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We all believe in BAPTISM ...probably all baptized .
Baptism of the SPIRIT ...then water ...
Our belief comes,first ..
Did the Jew wait until he was 16 to get circumcised? I would hope not. Ouch!
His parents brought him before God as an infant. Christians do the same like Christ commanded, without the snip snip.

Quesnel, Canada

#488783 Nov 6, 2013
I keep suggesting that people should study religion from the outside in, rather than from inside the individual cults ONLY ... but my suggestions fall on deaf ears.

All people raised to have faith in only their own doctrines, will place value ON ONLY their own doctrines.

But there is a big world of differences within the beliefs of those in religions ... and only by study of the many religions from an objective point of view can we learn about those differences, and the REASONS for the differences.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488784 Nov 6, 2013
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,
1. Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

Quesnel, Canada

#488785 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
His parents brought him before God as an infant. Christians do the same like Christ commanded, without the snip snip.
Did a Jew command Catholics, and Protestants to be circumcised???

If so, I've never known a Rabbi who sticks his nose into Catholic and Protestant churches to command them to be circumcised.

It seems that you are stretching your imaginary story along with imaginary foreskins.

Location hidden

#488786 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Infants were circumcised on the eighth day, the reason for waiting eight days is because God knew that the clotting process didn't become functional until that time.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488787 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again ... indicating that YOU know wisdom when you spot it!
How funny!
What I stated is correct. It is not my fault you can't see it for what it is...it is yours...own it.

Quesnel, Canada

#488788 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,
The Catholics authorized the new testament, so it has to be THEIR book!

I suggest the Protestants had no right to horn in on a Catholic book.

Horny old Martin Luther should have written his own bible, while he was marrying his nun and starting a new religion with new messages he supposedly received from Jehovah ... the one Abrahamic God.

Dogma theft was a common occurrence that ought to have been against the law.

But then, had that occurred ... religion would have had to start each time again from "scratch."

Quesnel, Canada

#488789 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text> Infants were circumcised on the eighth day, the reason for waiting eight days is because God knew that the clotting process didn't become functional until that time.
Hahahahahaha

God could have "clotted" the blood his self ... unless he was useless ... "as always."

Location hidden

#488790 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fibber.
The Catholics wrote the new testament. Protestants had NO part in it whatsoever, and we all KNOW the story that unless people are baptized into the Catholic faith, they can't go to Christian heaven. Of the Abrahamic religion ... THAT excludes Protestants AND Jews AND Muslims.
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
I don't see any books the Catholic wrote, except their own version of the bible, which is the Catholic bible what else. The Apostles wrote the New Testament and the Catholic Church also didn't write the Old Testament either. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Joshua = Joshua - 1350 B.C.
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel = Samuel/Nathan/Gad - 1000 - 900 B.C.
1 Kings, 2 Kings = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah = Ezra - 450 B.C.
Esther = Mordecai - 400 B.C.
Job = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Psalms = several different authors, mostly David - 1000 - 400 B.C.
Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon = Solomon - 900 B.C.
Isaiah = Isaiah - 700 B.C.
Jeremiah, Lamentations = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
Ezekiel = Ezekiel - 550 B.C.
Daniel = Daniel - 550 B.C.
Hosea = Hosea - 750 B.C.
Joel = Joel - 850 B.C.
Amos = Amos - 750 B.C.
Obadiah = Obadiah - 600 B.C.
Jonah = Jonah - 700 B.C.
Micah = Micah - 700 B.C.
Nahum = Nahum - 650 B.C.
Habakkuk = Habakkuk - 600 B.C.
Zephaniah = Zephaniah - 650 B.C.
Haggai = Haggai - 520 B.C.
Zechariah = Zechariah - 500 B.C.
Malachi = Malachi - 430 B.C.
Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55
Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50
Luke = Luke - A.D. 60
John = John - A.D. 90
Acts = Luke - A.D. 65
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-70
Hebrews = unknown, mostly likely Paul, Luke, Barnabas, or Apollos - A.D. 65
James = James - A.D. 45
1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60
1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90
Jude = Jude - A.D. 60
Revelation = John - A.D. 90

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-authors.htm...

Location hidden

#488791 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics authorized the new testament, so it has to be THEIR book!
I suggest the Protestants had no right to horn in on a Catholic book.
Horny old Martin Luther should have written his own bible, while he was marrying his nun and starting a new religion with new messages he supposedly received from Jehovah ... the one Abrahamic God.
Dogma theft was a common occurrence that ought to have been against the law.
But then, had that occurred ... religion would have had to start each time again from "scratch."
The Catholics did what God instructed them to do. Wrong it belongs to the people God created, after all he is the author and he also wrote it through divine intervention through the people he chose to write for him, which makes it divinely inspired.

Quesnel, Canada

#488792 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I stated is correct. It is not my fault you can't see it for what it is...it is yours...own it.
Your innuendos always hints at you KNOWING some ancient wisdom as fact ... and I don't buy your nonsense ... any more than you believe I have wisdom in my possession.

You KNOW you don't believe that I am at all wise ... and I don't blame you ... as I also know that I am NOT at all wise.

Quesnel, Canada

#488793 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text> I don't see any books the Catholic wrote, except their own version of the bible,
Hahahahahaha

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488794 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fibber.
Athanasian Creed
I wish they would share that time travel technology with us.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488795 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text> The Catholics did what God instructed them to do.....
So you believe that Paul and Constantine are Gods.

OK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 4 min Catholic24 12
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,418
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web