Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488870 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Why would Jesus teach His disciples to follow the example of a child?
And, look at this verse...
“If anyone causes one of these little ones—~~~~~those who believe in me—to stumble,~~~~~ it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
little ones....those who BELIEVE in me-to stumble....
The child has to be old enough to BELIEVE....
Come on man. Why do you guys throw bible verses around like that?

There is no secret hidden Christianity. Why don't you get that?

The Catholic Church wasn't given a Bible and told to design their religion around misc writings of SOME of Jesus' Apostles!! The Church came first.
Don't any of you ignorant people ever stop to think about how the Bible came to fruition?

I seriously believe you all hold the Bible up as an idol. You put it in place of God and that's gotta make him jealous - especially given the 50,000 interpretations on his teachings.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488871 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible records the initial burst of Christianity. You won't find two married parents bringing forth their child to be Baptized because there really weren't two Christian parents around yet.
However, the Apostles taught to Baptize entire households- including infants. We can prove this by the discovery of first century tombs and catacombs.
We go by the word of God, Truth, given orally and written by the Apostles. Do not mess with the deposit of truth by them .. We did not miss the teaching on Baptism for 2,000 yrs.
I really can't stomach the ignorance coming from you all anymore. After going around and round on the same old stuff all these yrs, it hasn't dawned on ya yet. You are not called by the Lord to preach something opposite of what was already taught. Period.
Clay,

Psalm 127:3

3 Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.

Proverbs 20:11

11 Even small children are known by their actions,
so is their conduct really pure and upright?

Again, Clay....

Why would God bless us with a child who has sin?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488872 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Jesus say the New Testament is a collection of Books?
The New Testament is the Eucharist (Luke 22) you eat it.
There are 27 books in the New Testament, The Catholic Church is nothing more than the biggest deceiver of mankind, teaching false doctrine from the beginning of there existence.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488873 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always,thought of Abrahams,bosom...as,a,part of SHEOL..where the,JUST waited until Jesus,Redeemed them.as,He did us
Does that describe the "place where the just enjoy the [peace of heaven] after death"?
Note those (3) words--[].
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488874 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong in thinking infants need baptizing. First of all baptism is for people who can believe . Baptism is for repenting from your sins and asking God for forgiveness, an infant has no sin. Then the stories you use never say there were infants or children present, so you are assuming. You need to understand that Jesus in Mark said he that believeth and is baptized will be saved, this cannot nor does it apply to an infant. You also have read these passages wrong.
On occasion, advocates of infant baptism appeal to Acts 10, Acts 16, and 1 Corinthians 1 for proof that infant baptism is scriptural. Acts 10:24-48 relates the account of Cornelius and his “relatives and close friends” hearing the Gospel and being baptized. Acts 16 includes the accounts of two sets of baptisms:(1) the baptism of the members of Lydia’s family (verse 15); and (2) the baptism of the Philippian jailer and “all his family”(verse 33). Paul revealed that he baptized members of the household of Stephanas (1 Corinthians 1:16). These are the so-called “household baptisms”(see Coffman, 1977, p. 320; Mare, 1984, pp. 192-193). Proponents of infant baptism assume that there were children in Cornelius’ house, Lydia’s family, the jailer’s house, and Stephanas’ house, and that the infants were baptized. Since there is no mention of infants in any of these passages, those who use these passages to justify infant baptism base their claims upon two assumptions:(1) infants were present in the households; and (2) the contexts of Acts 10 and 16 allow for the baptism of infants as part of “household baptisms.”
In each example of “household baptism,” the people who were baptized were ones who had been taught what they needed to do in order to receive salvation (Acts 10:34-43; 16:14, 32; 1 Corinthians 1:16-18; 16:15-16). They were the people who could hear and understand the Word of God (Acts 10:44), believe (10:31-33), and devote themselves to the ministry of the saints (1 Corinthians 16:15). The absence of the noun “belief,” and the verb “believe,” in some of the conversion accounts, does not necessarily imply that the ones who were baptized did not, or could not, believe. Also, the context of the household conversions does not demand that any infants were baptized. Yet, some insist that infants must have been present in the “households,” and that the infants must have been baptized.
Give me a verse where Jesus says NOT to Baptize infants.

Look at you sir. Your breaking down a verb vs noun in Corinthians 16: 15 as if the Bible needed to be deciphered like a hidden treasure map. As if the Apostles handed out those letters without explaining the teachings. As if Christianity mistakingly Baptized infants for 1900 yrs because they couldn't distinguish the noun from the verb!! Unbelievable. You guys are completely clueless on what the Bible is.
Get out of that stinkin cult your in. I shutter to think of what protestant cults this century will produce. All going by the Bible alone. Nuts.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488875 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wants two parents to bring him the infant at Baptism. This is what the Apostles taught, we can prove it by the writings of the early Church.
You have absolutely no authority to change the word of God, truth.
Clay,

Parents are to teach their children the Word of God....

Your children have to HEAR the Word of God first, Clay....

Deuteronomy 11:19

19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

And, as parents, we will be held responsible for teaching them the Word of God....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488876 Nov 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post BT42.
Moving past the words to understand the meaning of the words, that have been written, is a task that causes one to the also understand themselves and their role in life.
I find it quite scarce within Christianity for an individual to actually admit "honest failure" in communicating with "God". Yet some individuals claim to "know God".
Your post shows how the RCC is quite incorrect of its unfounded claim.
I believe Christianity is far more rife with "pharisees" than Judaism ever was from what I observe.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488877 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text> There are 27 books in the New Testament, The Catholic Church is nothing more than the biggest deceiver of mankind, teaching false doctrine from the beginning of there existence.
Yadda yadda yadda... Yeah I know, the Catholic Church is Whore of Babylon blah blah. You read it in the Bible.
But i asked you WHERE Jesus Christ said the New Testament is a collection of Books. 27 you say? Who said there are 27 Books in the New Testament??
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#488878 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church wasn't given a Bible and told to design their religion around misc writings of SOME of Jesus' Apostles!! The Church came first.
Don't any of you ignorant people ever stop to think about how the Bible came to fruition?
I seriously believe you all hold the Bible up as an idol. You put it in place of God and that's gotta make him jealous - especially given the 50,000 interpretations on his teachings.
50,001 you forgot yours...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488879 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>A protestant made up the term rapture a little over a hundred years ago.
and Blondie sung it lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488880 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do keep in mind that I am a heathen.
I thought some may be interested in my interpretation of what I have found...and no one seemed to address "water"....and it seems to have just become a ritual without any understanding of its meaning.
you are no heathen..you show more compassion than some who claim to be Christians..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#488881 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said the Bible came first? This is the first time I hear it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488882 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do keep in mind that I am a heathen.
I thought some may be interested in my interpretation of what I have found...and no one seemed to address "water"....and it seems to have just become a ritual without any understanding of its meaning.
Why do you think of yourself as a heathen?

The people on this form don't like discussing "water."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488883 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488884 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Receiving the gift after baptism, Preston....that gift being the Holy Spirit....
NOPE and you cant prove otherwise. I like others received the Holy Ghost 36 hours after I was Saved, and nine months before I was Baptized by water.
now lets look at what is Recorded in the Bible.

44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.…

Not yet Baptized were they, Hank? Just like me as I received that gift before I was baptized.

NOW YOU SHOW ME, ONE PERSON IN THE BIBLE WHO HAD RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST AS THEY WERE BEING BAPTISED.

and this isn't sudden, I have asked you to provide one name and you didn't.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488885 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a verse where Jesus says NOT to Baptize infants.
Look at you sir. Your breaking down a verb vs noun in Corinthians 16: 15 as if the Bible needed to be deciphered like a hidden treasure map. As if the Apostles handed out those letters without explaining the teachings. As if Christianity mistakingly Baptized infants for 1900 yrs because they couldn't distinguish the noun from the verb!! Unbelievable. You guys are completely clueless on what the Bible is.
Get out of that stinkin cult your in. I shutter to think of what protestant cults this century will produce. All going by the Bible alone. Nuts.
Show me where it says to baptize an infant. No where will you find in the bible that an infant needs to be baptized. Tell me why they are needing to be baptized. An infant is without sin. The bible says the soul that sinneth it shall die, so that leaves out an infant because they cannot sin. Whatever false religion you are in I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and become a Christian and live your life for the Lord. Please answer my questions instead of giving me your advice on what I need to do.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488886 Nov 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and Blondie sung it lol
Bad bad SERA,

Really ..AN event where some are CAUGHT UP and some left ..is,described in scripture ...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#488887 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>LOL< you made a statement that Jesus [commands] us to be Baptized. I asked you to provide ONE verse that backs up your statement and so what do you do, you write about an OT verse that cant be construed to be factual about Baptism.
why don't you just be honest with us and yourself and admit that the Bible doesn't have any verses where man is commanded to be Baptized thru the Words of Jesus.
the answer is very obvious as to WHY you don't even try to provide one verse. because it shoots down your church theology and doctrine, and you know it. just as for years, I have challenged you to show us where one person received the Holy Ghost when they were Baptized, as your church teaches.
so now we come to the [bottom line], your doctrine is being shown as false
----------
Jesus said, "He that believes AND is baptized shall be saved."
Baptism is a public testimony that one HAS believed, just as other good works are 'proof' of faith.
KayMarie
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Unbelief is the unpardonable sin. Jesus DOES NOT say "he that is not baptized will be damned". Jesus DOES say "he that does not believe shall be damned."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#488888 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As we all know, Preston, SIN cannot enter the kingdom of heaven....
If, by what you say, baptism is not a command or is not necessary, how are we going to enter the kingdom of heaven still in sin???
What is the remedy for sin???
If we want a clear conscience from the bondage of sin, how do we accomplish this, Preston???
Romans 6:1-14
6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
2 By no means!~~~We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?~~~
3 <<<Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?>>>
4 *We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.*
5 <<<<<For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.>>>>> How do we accomplish this without baptism???
6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—(CRUCIFIED WITH HIM--FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN) HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS WITHOUT BAPTISM???
7 *****because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.*****
(If baptism is not a COMMAND and is NOT necessary, how are we SET FREE from SIN???)
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.(SPIRITUAL) We DIED with Christ...we will also <<<LIVE>>> with him.
9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, <<<he lives to God.>>>
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.(SPIRITUAL) We are DEAD to sin AND ALIVE to God...in WHO??? Christ Jesus....WHY???
Because we were baptized into Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; (SPIRITUAL)(WE WERE BROUGHT FROM DEATH TO LIFE) and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because ~you are not under the law, but under grace.~
What can wash away my sin??????????

Nothing but the BLOOD of Jesus.

Not water......BLOOD.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#488889 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text> You are wrong in thinking infants need baptizing. First of all baptism is for people who can believe . Baptism is for repenting from your sins and asking God for forgiveness, an infant has no sin. Then the stories you use never say there were infants or children present, so you are assuming. You need to understand that Jesus in Mark said he that believeth and is baptized will be saved, this cannot nor does it apply to an infant. You also have read these passages wrong.
On occasion, advocates of infant baptism appeal to Acts 10, Acts 16, and 1 Corinthians 1 for proof that infant baptism is scriptural. Acts 10:24-48 relates the account of Cornelius and his “relatives and close friends” hearing the Gospel and being baptized. Acts 16 includes the accounts of two sets of baptisms:(1) the baptism of the members of Lydia’s family (verse 15); and (2) the baptism of the Philippian jailer and “all his family”(verse 33). Paul revealed that he baptized members of the household of Stephanas (1 Corinthians 1:16). These are the so-called “household baptisms”(see Coffman, 1977, p. 320; Mare, 1984, pp. 192-193). Proponents of infant baptism assume that there were children in Cornelius’ house, Lydia’s family, the jailer’s house, and Stephanas’ house, and that the infants were baptized. Since there is no mention of infants in any of these passages, those who use these passages to justify infant baptism base their claims upon two assumptions:(1) infants were present in the households; and (2) the contexts of Acts 10 and 16 allow for the baptism of infants as part of “household baptisms.”
In each example of “household baptism,” the people who were baptized were ones who had been taught what they needed to do in order to receive salvation (Acts 10:34-43; 16:14, 32; 1 Corinthians 1:16-18; 16:15-16). They were the people who could hear and understand the Word of God (Acts 10:44), believe (10:31-33), and devote themselves to the ministry of the saints (1 Corinthians 16:15). The absence of the noun “belief,” and the verb “believe,” in some of the conversion accounts, does not necessarily imply that the ones who were baptized did not, or could not, believe. Also, the context of the household conversions does not demand that any infants were baptized. Yet, some insist that infants must have been present in the “households,” and that the infants must have been baptized.
Working for the Lord

Peace

Here is the dilemma....You don't think babies can believe. But it has been shown that a baby has more working brain cells than an adult. This would make them "smarter" than an adult.
So exposure to God, would be more thorough than an adult(with dead and prejudiced brain cells). So a baby's beliefs are more open for baptism.

If you think that because a person "understands", and this makes their beliefs truer, then you miss the mark. It is for you to understand that it is a child's/baby's baptism that begins the process of learning about God, which in turn reinforces faith, hope and love.

We must also become as a child/babe in order to be baptized....

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web