Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,964
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488577 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
lets go back beyond your "hysterical" religious society a few years..
say about 900
where the Psalmist projects your future
He said
Psa_5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Let's go back 450 years and look at the beginning of the Protestant Reformation where all of the "hodge-podge" of contradicting and inconsistent "bible only" (man-made) denominations began to splinter, split, divided, then divided again and again and again -----ALL CLAIMING BIBLE TRUTH,- ALL CLAIMING AUTHORITY of Bible interpretation.....Fast forwarding this chaotic "rif-raf" of Martin Luther bible only "mis-directed" denominations, today, the latest count is now 42,368 "relative truth" confused and contradicting "self-appointed judgmental and condemning bible (experts)" who Jesus "warns us" to (avoid, beware of, and to shun!!!!!!!!As TRUE FOLLOWERS of JESUS CHRIST, Both Paul and Peter warn us to "beware of false, "divisive, and condemning teachers" (like you Confrinting) who divide and fracture the Body of Christ ..I Cor 1:10-13.(2 Peter 2:1-6, 2Cor 11:26, Gal 2:4, Luke 19:8, 2Cor 11:13....OK--confrinting, so lets go back over 2000 years where Jesus Christ HIMSELF--debunks and refutes "all of the bible verse quoting" distortions that you are "forever" digging up --ALL to your own demise and destruction in Matthew 16:13-21 where Our Lord tells us that "The Gates of Hell, shall not prevail against (HIS CHURCH) and those who are faithful to the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD--Jesus Christ (made flesh) manifested in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... For the 32nd time, You DO NOT speak for God! You have NO AUTHORITY! and NEVER WILL --until you come to TRUE SALVATION IN Jesus Christ!!!! God is NOT THE AUTHOR of your "bible only" mis-quoting/interpreting, condemning and judgmental (half-truth, half-heresy Christian preaching)!!!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#488578 Nov 6, 2013
IT IS WRITTEN
NO GIVE FORGIVNESS
THEN
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WICKET EVIL SATANIC ACCUSERS
truth

Perth, Australia

#488579 Nov 6, 2013
ITS NOT ME
MANY MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME
ITS NOT ME
Liam

United States

#488580 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't need a pope, just more false doctrine that the Catholics decided to use. Do you really think God needs a pope, we do have Jesus Christ, or did you forget..
God doesn't need a Pope, we do.
Observe this forum for one day and see all the Christians bickering over Bible passages. Then you can see why the Lord installed the office of the Pope. One faith and one fold and one Church.

Ironically, you may hate the Papacy, but all you did was declare yourself pope. In fact, we can prove that the Pope doesn't have nearly the power that you've granted yourself.
truth

Perth, Australia

#488581 Nov 6, 2013
passage
i told you
there is a golden light..
Are you laying Holy Spirit?

then
Who let me see?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#488582 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't need a Pope, we do.
Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket?

We have a High Priest Jesus Christ. Why would we need the pope?

Heb 4:14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
EndTimeNews

Marietta, GA

#488583 Nov 6, 2013

ISRAEL's foretold "TIME" ---ready for ANTICHRIST

http://youtu.be/OOyh7-GBuFU

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#488584 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket?
We have a High Priest Jesus Christ. Why would we need the pope?
Heb 4:14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Amen

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#488585 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord,
YES...
...and we MUST die to sin....
Well, as most everything to those in your religion IS sin, you have to die in body so that you CAN die in sin.

Silly people.

It's no wonder so many people committed suicide trying in states of despair to escape sin.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488586 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell you get truth I can't remember anything she,said to get you in an uproar ..
However ..as before ..again and again ...I have enough trouble with your posts to me .
I am NOT NOW OR EVER getting into yet another feud ..with yet another person on here ...
I've been tryin to show you something .
Obviously it did not compute,.
God bless you .I forgive your meanness to me ..
To others I have a harder time But I'm.trying
I leave you and your posting between you and your conscience and,God ..
What fued? I don't care what you think of me or to be in a feud with you, I am here to support and stand up for my Church that you love to cut down and disrespect . You are sooooo narcissistic I don't go out to try to get you. You are paranoid too.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488587 Nov 6, 2013
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.

Quesnel, Canada

#488588 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime....
I believe that you are convinced of your own "knowledge."

Who were "your" teachers???

Before following the words of others, I suggest it's best to find out who encouraged them to mentally in-jest specific words as Truth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488589 Nov 6, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> That's not how were saved now. The New Testament now saves us through baptism. Jesus doesn't go around saving people like he did when he was preaching and teaching to spread the word while he was here. Now we are saved through baptism.
~~~

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9
(6) If we confess our sins, he is (g) faithful and just to (h) forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

(6) Therefore the beginning of salvation is to acknowledge our wickedness and to require pardon from him, who freely forgives all sins, because he has promised to do so and he is faithful and just.

(g) So then our salvation depends on the free promise of God, who because he is faithful and just, will perform that which he hath promised.

(h) Where then are our merits? for this is our true happiness.

~~~~

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek/gentile: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

```

The above is the process of being "BORN AGAIN"

JESUS SAID...Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

BEING BORN AGAIN... must preempt Water Baptism, joining a Church,

example ...

UNTIL ONE IS BORN PHYSICALLY...HE CANNOT FUNCTION AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING

UNTIL ONE IS BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...HE CANNOT FUNCTION IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken
your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488590 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly not anyone's business ..IMO.
Aww, your Ladi *slip* is showing

Quesnel, Canada

#488591 Nov 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<that's evil thing to say ....
If its evil, the devil made him/her commit the deed ... as evil only stems from one of those nasty devils.

That's religion for you.

"I'll throw my evil-dagger at that person ... and welcome in all the holy stuff for me ... as my halo glows with light from my god above."

YUCK!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488592 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox,
What do you believe born again is?
On salvation....
God has His part....
Man has his part.....
Hint: Baptism is a command...

show us in the Bible(not your church theology)where Jesus ever commanded ONE person to be Baptized, Hank, just ONE person.

it is very obvious that you are changing THE WORD OF GOD TO FIT YOUR CHURCH DOCTRINE.

He TOLD the Apostles to go out and Baptize people, but that is much different than you saying that Baptism is another Commandment from God, since it isn't.

and we have been down this road many times as I have corrected you on this false theology that comes from the campbellite/stone movement. when a group such as yours changes the Word of God, it places itself in the realm of being a Cult, doesn't It?.

so lets look at it like this. Jesus also told them to go and Preach, now using the campbellite/stone theology, it is a commandment for every person to be a preacher.

hope that you can see this easy [analogy] proves your church doctrine is flawed as well as false.

Quesnel, Canada

#488593 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you .I forgive your meanness to me ..
You really "get off" on that "forgiveness" spiel ... don't you?

You come on a forum and invite debate and then when your feelings get hurt, you give a lesson to others on the meaning of forgiveness, teaching that after all, it IS the Christian way to behave.

How funny.

Besides ... if someone is mean to you, how do you know that a god would WANT to bless the other person???

From what I've heard about Jehovah, with all his might, he just might want to strike that person dead with a bolt of lightning ... and if your prayer gets in the way, Jehovah might take you down along with the culprit that said mean things to you.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#488594 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly not anyone's business ..IMO.
On a forum everything is other people's business.

If you don't want information out there, it's best to keep it hidden from the public in the first place ... not complain about it after the fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488595 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
(6) 1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

(6) Therefore the beginning of salvation is to acknowledge our wickedness and to require pardon from him, who freely forgives all sins, because he has promised to do so and he is faithful and just.
(g) So then our salvation depends on the free promise of God, who because he is faithful and just, will perform that which he hath promised.
(h) Where then are our merits? for this is our true happiness.
~~~~
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek/gentile: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
```
The above is the process of being "BORN AGAIN"
JESUS SAID...Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
BEING BORN AGAIN... must preempt Water Baptism, joining a Church,
example ...
UNTIL ONE IS BORN PHYSICALLY...HE CANNOT FUNCTION AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING
UNTIL ONE IS BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...HE CANNOT FUNCTION IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken
your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN WE BECOME A SON OF GOD..

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

UNTIL WE ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT

AS JESUS SAID

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Quesnel, Canada

#488596 Nov 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is neither and both.
There you go again ... indicating that YOU know wisdom when you spot it!

How funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Married in 8,878
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web