Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670439 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488727 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As we all know, Preston, SIN cannot enter the kingdom of heaven....
If, by what you say, baptism is not a command or is not necessary, how are we going to enter the kingdom of heaven still in sin???
What is the remedy for sin???
If we want a clear conscience from the bondage of sin, how do we accomplish this, Preston???
Romans 6:1-14
6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
2 By no means!~~~We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?~~~
3 <<<Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?>>>
4 *We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.*
5 <<<<<For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.>>>>> How do we accomplish this without baptism???
6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—(CRUCIFIED WITH HIM--FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN) HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS WITHOUT BAPTISM???
7 *****because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.*****
(If baptism is not a COMMAND and is NOT necessary, how are we SET FREE from SIN???)
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.(SPIRITUAL) We DIED with Christ...we will also <<<LIVE>>> with him.
9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, <<<he lives to God.>>>
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.(SPIRITUAL) We are DEAD to sin AND ALIVE to God...in WHO??? Christ Jesus....WHY???
Because we were baptized into Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; (SPIRITUAL)(WE WERE BROUGHT FROM DEATH TO LIFE) and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because ~you are not under the law, but under grace.~
We are set free ..it is finished ..by the BLOOD OF CHRIST ..HE DID IT .

BAPTISM ..wonderful ..But HIS BLOOD ..HIM DRINKING THAT VILE CUP OF OUR SIN. is what has saved us .

Baptism symbolizes death to the old ...

Many who met Him were NOT baptized ..many were ..they believed ..or didn't ...

Must believe to have ETERNAL LIFE ..must believe

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488728 Nov 6, 2013
It meaning according to Oxford English Dictionary sources is given as “certainty, truth”. In Finlayson’s Symbols and Legends of Freemasonry(page 20) it is stated “AMEN-This untranslatable word, the same in all languages is a name of the great God of Egypt.” In Revelation 3:14, God is called “the AMEN”.

http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#488729 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" - Matthew 28:19
Damn! You morons never read your own magic book.
If I really believed the Bible was the Perfect Word of God like you clowns say you do, I would spend my life memorizing it.
All you clowns do is prove that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE A SINGLE THING!
You are worse than atheists! You are all frauds and liars!
I have no PROBLEM reading that verse.

Jesus commanded the Apostles to Baptized people.

HE NEVER TOLD ONE PERSON IN THE BIBLE TO BE BAPTIZED.

AGAIN, JESUS COMMANDED THE APOSTLES TO BAPTISE OTHERS.

HE NEVER SPOKE TO ONE SINGLE PERSON TO UNDERGO BAPTISM.

not is there evidence that Jesus EVER baptized a single person, and I have as yet to see one name mentioned, but MAYBE you know more than I do. If so, please as I have asked hank, provide me with ONE name.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#488730 Nov 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
Faith can be based on NOTHING except Christ's salvation.
Untrue.

I can place faith in that my car will operate this morning. No Jesus involved.

Please stop making up things taht only fit your mode of theology.

BTW -'faith' is generated through one's mind and thoughts - which is an action of Self, and no other person.

Please stop trying to mislead others with false assertions.
No dead thing (or false religion) can love or save anyone.
One can learn fromo the dead, as we have from the living.

One example would be - someone dying from lung cancer, can be a lesson for another relative to no smoke - thus, in some aspect of this, the person who died actually contributed to saving another.

It has seemed that everything you believe has to be in accordance with the men you believe, huh?
"There is ONE NAME given under heaven whereby a man might be saved." That name is Christ Jesus.
Not according to Jesus - "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

Maybe you got the wrong message. I can see that happening, especially if you beleive the men who tell you what to believe.

Again, you speak of Self - in order to make this unfounded conclusion.
Imagination is a mental image-in-action.
Self.
Faith is solid trust in The Solid Rock...He never changes/fails.
KayMarie
Self.

Willow River, Canada

#488731 Nov 6, 2013
In order to make their own religion appear to be the only truth ... the Christians vilified all other terminology in all other religions ... bending and twisting the terminology as being based on EVIL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Lucifer- 300/400 CE to present

Latin = light bringer and proper name for Venus (lux, luc = light + fer = bearing). The morning star, Venus, when she appears in the sky before sunrise.

It is uncertain when this word came to be used as another name for Satan (the Devil). However, given the closeness of the name to venus and the Roman god worship, it is likely that the negative meaning of the word did not gain widespread usage until the effective takeover of the Roman Empire’s apparatus by the Christians post 300 CE.

http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#488732 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which goes,to show get information first hand about ANY CHURCH one thinks of Joining .
Why - you didn't with do this prior to believing in Christianity?

You sound confused.

Location hidden

#488733 Nov 6, 2013
Conclusion Top of page

A careful examination of John 3:5-7 reveals that when Jesus' referred to being "born of water" He was talking about the physical birth ("born of the flesh"), in contrast to being "born of the Spirit" or "born again." Jesus Himself never baptized anyone to our knowledge, although the disciples did baptize under His command. In all of His interactions with people, Jesus was never recorded as commanding anyone to be baptized, although He often commended people for their faith. It would seem that if baptism were required for salvation that Jesus would have made some mention of it. We conclude that faith, rather than baptism, is required for salvation, although the dutiful Christian will be baptized in obedience to Jesus command in Matthew 28:19.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488734 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If He is your High Priest, what do you need the pope for?
Because Jesus is dead and has been for about 200 years.

Willow River, Canada

#488736 Nov 6, 2013
How does one make one's own religion appear as truth?

Answer ... By emphasizing over and over and over ... that all other religions are based on lies.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#488737 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
To make an infallible decision when heresy arises. That's what you do for yourself isn't it? That's what all of ya do. You're all Popes.
Hey, don't blame me because of the office Jesus set up, take it up with Him.
You say He gave us a list of books to privately interpret. I say He set up an infallible Church to govern His Ministry. We'll both find one day I guess.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488738 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>...
HE NEVER TOLD ONE PERSON IN THE BIBLE TO BE BAPTIZED.
AGAIN, JESUS COMMANDED THE APOSTLES TO BAPTISE OTHERS.
HE NEVER SPOKE TO ONE SINGLE PERSON TO UNDERGO BAPTISM.....
OK. I agree. It was you not considering an Apostle as a single person that made your stance confusing.

Now, Consider that Paul set the precedent for anyone at all who declare themselves an Apostle, then it all goes to Hell in a hand-basket real quick.

Willow River, Canada

#488739 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are set free ..it is finished ..by the BLOOD OF CHRIST ..HE DID IT .
So that means that you entertain the idea that YOU are no longer dowsed in sin as are other more unfortunate EVIL people of the world.

I wonder that even if a god existed ... it would agree with such an arrogant attitude.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#488740 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Also Chuck, Baptism appears to be a divider amongst the born agains. Which one of you are going to make the infallible decision on the matter? There can only be one truth.
You need a Pope, man.

Willow River, Canada

#488741 Nov 6, 2013
Christians believe they can order the god of the Jews to do their own bidder. Yet (within the theology) they won't even show respect by addressing the god by his GIVEN name ... Jehovah.

Christian ... "If I PRESUME that you love me "GOD" ... you darned well BETTER love me!!! SO THERE!!! I am your boss and you are my servant!"

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488742 Nov 6, 2013
QUOTE who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
Moses and Abraham are doomed to Hell because they weren't baptized, period.
ROFOLMAO
Hitler is Heaven becaus ehe was baptized as a Catholic!
Praise the Jew on a Stick! It's a Thanksgiving Day Miracle!
LOL

----------
All of the children of Israel were baptized when they came through the Red Sea. Being the Father of faith, I am sure that Abraham met all of God's qualifications.

Only God knows where Hitler is...

KayMarie

Willow River, Canada

#488743 Nov 6, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Also Chuck, Baptism appears to be a divider amongst the born agains. Which one of you are going to make the infallible decision on the matter? There can only be one truth.
You need a Pope, man.
From you "expert" point of view ... should those who believe in Jehovah be baptized as a Jew, a Catholic, or a Protestant???

Willow River, Canada

#488744 Nov 6, 2013
From the time the Catholics broke away from Judaism, they refused to refer to the Abrahamic image of god as Jehovah.

They will only call on him as "God."

How sad that Jehovah lost his name to the VAIN-glories of the Catholics.

tongue in cheek

Willow River, Canada

#488745 Nov 6, 2013
Only God knows where Hitler is...
That would be Jehovah ... not just plain old God!

I suggest that you show some respect for your God ... at least IF you expect the same in return.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488746 Nov 6, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
And yet bodies were seen resurrected after Jesus,was ..my understanding is the souls of believers were taken to heAven as well..by Jesus ..THEIR REDEEMER .. MOSES,ABRAHAM ..GOD FEARERS ....JOSEPH ..DAVID ..
their souls,were NOT left to eternal darkness after Jesus conquered DEATH

----------
The souls of the righteous dead were in a place called 'Abraham's bosom' before Jesus was resurrected. It was not hell. Remember Jesus' account of the rich man and Lazarus.

KayMarie

Willow River, Canada

#488747 Nov 6, 2013
QUOTE who="BenAdam" <quoted text>

All of the children of Israel were baptized when they came through the Red Sea.
KayMarie
According to the theology ... as JEWS ... NOT Catholics, or Protestants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web