Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,590
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#488380 Nov 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet your every post indicates that you believe others who are not Christian as are you ... ARE dumb!
If that were not so, you wouldn't be here preaching your religion as being based on truth.
June

We all.have a,choice ..believe ...or don't .

Do not put words,on me,I never said ..to you or anyone ..

You never answered ..what if we ate right ..
If you are,..we lose nothing after death..

What if WE,ARE,....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#488381 Nov 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=
Over time, the forms in which the sacrament of confession has been administered have changed.
In the early Church, "public confession" did mean it was done outdoors. Confession was public; that is, one confessed one’s sins openly in church, in the presence of the entire faith community.
Private confession to a priest was always an option for privately committed sins. The priest who “stood in” for the community, as its presiding officer and as its witness to the penitent’s repentance.
In the fourth century the penitents of the Church were divided into four classes.
C
LASSES OF PENITENTS
THE WEEPERS
Before the church there was commonly either an open area surrounded with porticoes, called atrium, with a font of water in the center. This was the place at which the first and lowest order of penitents, the weepers stood exposed to the weather.
AUDIENTES, OR HEARERS
The first part after passing through “the great gates,” or doors of the building, called the Narthex in was a narrow vestibule extending the whole width of the church.
In this part, to which Jews and Gentiles, and in most places even heretics and schismatics were admitted, stood the Catechumens, and the Energumens or those afflicted with evil spirits, and the second class of penitents ), who were called the audientes, or hearers. These were allowed to hear the Scriptures read, and the Sermon preached, but were obliged to depart before the celebration of the Divine Mysteries, with the Catechumens, and the others who went by the general name of hearers only.
KNEELERS OR PROSTRATORS
The second division, or main body of the church, was called the Naos or Nave. Before coming to the Ambo, in the lowest part of the Nave, and just after passing the royal gates, was the place for the third order of penitents, called in Latin Genuflectentes or Prostrati, i.e., kneelers or prostrators, because they were allowed to remain and join in certain prayers particularly made for them. Before going out they prostrated themselves to receive the imposition of the bishop’s hands with prayer. This class of penitents left with the Catechumens.
In the other parts of the Nave stood the believers or faithful, i.e., those persons who were in full communion with the Church, the men and women generally on opposite sides.
THE CONSISTENTES
Amongst these were the fourth class of penitents, who were consistentes, i.e., co-standers, because they were allowed to stand with the faithful, and to remain and hear the prayers of the Church, after the Catechumens and the other penitents were dismissed, and to be present while the faithful offered and communicated, though they might not themselves make their offerings, nor partake of the Holy Communion.
It was the last grade to be passed through previous to the being admitted again to full communion.
CORRECTION In the early Church, "public confession" did NOT mean it was done outdoors. Confession was public; that is, one confessed one’s sins openly in church, in the presence of the entire faith community.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#488382 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Rose..I see you are collected peanuts again this beautiful Autumn morning..lol
I can eat CREAMY peanut butter ..have to get a,recipe!#!

Your not far behind me lady lpl

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#488384 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.....http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=pvS2OtG2SHcXX
http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=pvS2OtG2SHc

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#488385 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So everyone that existed prior to 30 Ad is damned to Hell.
Cool! I want to go to Hell, too! I would like to meet Moses.
Absolutely not ..

The,souls,of the,Just were,waiting in Sheol..Abrahams,Bosom..for MESSIAH...He came ..they are,with Him..
- NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

#488387 Nov 5, 2013
@ Working for the Lord....Does the Church of Christ teach about the New Earth and New Heavens that Jesus said He Would Establish in his 2nd Coming? 2Peter 3:13...Rev 21;1.?? I don't believe you have that teaching as a real sceniro, happening by Jesus in that time period. Most likely your church focuses on the rapture and the selected ones going to heaven while the rest are left here in the earth. Is that a correct understanding i have of the C o C?

2nd'ly> how does your church teach you about remaining neutral in the world affairs? Do they condone the killing of the USA Enemy's or do they say, Don't get involved, stay neutral.
You see why i have differculty in finding the True Church. Jesus sy's that his disciples should be neutral in world affairs, so how can we worship in spirit and truth, but yet not be neutral in world affairs...We would be hypocrites, would we not??
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488388 Nov 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
HE IS NOT "TAPPIN AT MY DOOR" BUT USING YOUR OWN FINGERS TO TYPE ON YOUR PC.
I DON'T FEAR HIM
BECAUSE
I AM COVERED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS...
AND IN ORDER TO GET TO ME...
HE WILL HAVE TO COME THROUGH THE BLOOD...
AND HE
HATES IT.
Just as you hate the truth of God's word....IT REVEALS YOU UNGODLINESS...
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him/JESUS is not condemned: but he that believeth not/JESUS is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation,
that light
is come into the world, and
men loved darkness rather than light,
because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil
hateth the light,
neither cometh to the light,
lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
The devil quotes the bible you know. Your hatred is un excusable. Remember to love Christ, you have to love your enemy, you are to see the face of Christ in EVERYONE, not just protestants.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488389 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE TREASURY IS THE BLOOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ...the only POSSIBLE...REPARARTION ..THE SACRIFICE OF THE PERFRCT LAMB .
It,is applied ONLY BY CHRIST to hose who believe in Him as Saviuor.
Who have repented TO HIM..And follow His,teaching ...
By Grace we have FAITH. BY FAITH WE have ETERNAL LIFE..
We do not get saved by good works done by other people now dead ..given out by a,Church
Only by the BLOOD OF OUR LORD
Other posters have tried to explain things to you in the past, you fail to comprehend. You are here only to aggravate. What I posted came from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. And I hate to tell you this , but the Cardinals and the Pope who , by the way was the Blessed Pope John Paul II, wrote the Catechism, know more about indulgences than you. The Holy Spirit guided them, you know.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#488390 Nov 5, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Matthew 16;18 New Living Translation
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Acts 2;41 41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all. If you are not a member of the Church of Christ then you are lost. Jesus built one church and that church is spoken of in the bible. Romans 16;16 16 Greet each other in Christian love.[a] All the churches of Christ send you their greetings. We worship according to the bible and are the only one's that do, this is what makes us the only true church of the bible.
Church of Christ is a denomination...When Christ referred to the seven churches in Rev...He mentioned not any denominations...yours included.

I asked that you show me "Church of Christ" in the definition of "church" found in Mt 16:18...you can't...because it is not there...why???? Because its a denomination....

Location hidden

#488391 Nov 5, 2013
- NOMAD- wrote:
C'mon you guys..The RCC is a Work of the Devil, the Great deciever of Truth.
I'am not sure if there is 1 true church where Jesus is in absolute control. Noboby here has that information. But as a ex RCC i can attest to the fact [IMO] that there is no Singular Christian Church that is favored over another.
If you feel there is, then by all means, come aboard and share your thought's.
I have beel waiting and looking for many years to find that 1 church to worship in.Thank you one and all.
Any gathering or congregation that follows the teaching of Christ is that church...His teachings are in the infallible sacred Word of God..the Bible....that eliminates the Catholics....

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#488392 Nov 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=
Over time, the forms in which the sacrament of confession has been administered have changed.
In the early Church, "public confession" did mean it was done outdoors. Confession was public; that is, one confessed one’s sins openly in church, in the presence of the entire faith community.
Private confession to a priest was always an option for privately committed sins. The priest who “stood in” for the community, as its presiding officer and as its witness to the penitent’s repentance.
In the fourth century the penitents of the Church were divided into four classes.
C
LASSES OF PENITENTS
THE WEEPERS
Before the church there was commonly either an open area surrounded with porticoes, called atrium, with a font of water in the center. This was the place at which the first and lowest order of penitents, the weepers stood exposed to the weather.
AUDIENTES, OR HEARERS
The first part after passing through “the great gates,” or doors of the building, called the Narthex in was a narrow vestibule extending the whole width of the church.
In this part, to which Jews and Gentiles, and in most places even heretics and schismatics were admitted, stood the Catechumens, and the Energumens or those afflicted with evil spirits, and the second class of penitents ), who were called the audientes, or hearers. These were allowed to hear the Scriptures read, and the Sermon preached, but were obliged to depart before the celebration of the Divine Mysteries, with the Catechumens, and the others who went by the general name of hearers only.
KNEELERS OR PROSTRATORS
The second division, or main body of the church, was called the Naos or Nave. Before coming to the Ambo, in the lowest part of the Nave, and just after passing the royal gates, was the place for the third order of penitents, called in Latin Genuflectentes or Prostrati, i.e., kneelers or prostrators, because they were allowed to remain and join in certain prayers particularly made for them. Before going out they prostrated themselves to receive the imposition of the bishop’s hands with prayer. This class of penitents left with the Catechumens.
In the other parts of the Nave stood the believers or faithful, i.e., those persons who were in full communion with the Church, the men and women generally on opposite sides.
THE CONSISTENTES
Amongst these were the fourth class of penitents, who were consistentes, i.e., co-standers, because they were allowed to stand with the faithful, and to remain and hear the prayers of the Church, after the Catechumens and the other penitents were dismissed, and to be present while the faithful offered and communicated, though they might not themselves make their offerings, nor partake of the Holy Communion.
It was the last grade to be passed through previous to the being admitted again to full communion.
And,all this,came out of the commandment to preach the,WORD and Baptize believers,..???????

Had I a choice ..I'd hear Jesus,directly .

Second choice ..hear,directly from.the,apostles .

All this other ????

Location hidden

#488393 Nov 5, 2013
- NOMAD- wrote:
@ Working for the Lord....Does the Church of Christ teach about the New Earth and New Heavens that Jesus said He Would Establish in his 2nd Coming? 2Peter 3:13...Rev 21;1.?? I don't believe you have that teaching as a real sceniro, happening by Jesus in that time period. Most likely your church focuses on the rapture and the selected ones going to heaven while the rest are left here in the earth. Is that a correct understanding i have of the C o C?
2nd'ly> how does your church teach you about remaining neutral in the world affairs? Do they condone the killing of the USA Enemy's or do they say, Don't get involved, stay neutral.
You see why i have differculty in finding the True Church. Jesus sy's that his disciples should be neutral in world affairs, so how can we worship in spirit and truth, but yet not be neutral in world affairs...We would be hypocrites, would we not??
Church of Christ is a denomination...When Christ referred to the seven churches in Rev...He mentioned not any denominations...yours included.

I asked that you show me "Church of Christ" in the definition of "church" found in Mt 16:18...you can't...because it is not there...why???? Because its a denomination....

Location hidden

#488394 Nov 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since YOU are not God,--nor do you have ANY AUTHORITY to speak for God,---your anti-catholic "twisted, distorted and heretical personal opinions" have ZERO CREDIBILITY and MEAN NOTHING!!.. In other words, YOU have absolutely "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which is (no different) than ANY of your other 42,000 bible only contradicting and iinconsistent Protestant "editorialists!!!-- This comes as "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD, which comes ONLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, manifested in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!
Catholic church is a denomination...When Christ referred to the seven churches in Rev...He mentioned not any denominations...yours included.

You cannot show me "Catholic church"in the definition of "church" found in Mt 16:18.....because it is not there...why???? Because its a denomination....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488395 Nov 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote about.... what you say is...
the true church of the bible, The Church of Christ.
I am not here to defend any denomination...
Human error can be found in all denomination...
and they have different applications of scriptures..
no matter what it's name is...NONE IS PERFECT...
My purpose here is to defend the word of God..
AS IT PERTAINS TO A CULT THAT CLAIMS
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
AND ATTEMPTS TO STEAL MY HERITAGE IN CHRIST..
BY ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT/WILL... THAT WAS GIVEN TO ALL MEN BY THE TESTATOR JESUS CHRIST...THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD
WHO SIGNED MY PARDON WITH HIS LIFE'S BLOOD AND AND SAID "IT IS FINISHED" ON CALVARY'S CROSS..
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he/JESUS is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
~~~
AFTER JESUS THE TESTATOR ( the one that gave us the will) DIED ...
HE ROSE AGAIN TO BECOME
THE EX'ECUTER,(n. One who performs or carries into effect.)OF HIS WILL...
___
HE HAS NO CO - Executress CALLED MARY
EXEC'UTRESS
EXEC'UTRIX, n. A female executor; a woman appointed by a testator to execute his will.
HE HAS NO REPRESENTATIVE (VICAR)
Vicar
VIC'AR, n.[L. vicarius, from vicis, a turn, or its root.]
1. In a general sense, a person deputed or authorized to perform the functions of another; a substitute in office. The pope pretends to be vicar of Jesus Christ on earth.
~~~
HIS REPRESENTATIVE ON EARTH IS THE HOLY GHOST...
The third person of the GODHEAD
~~~
Jesus Signed My Pardon

I was in sin's prison, oh, so dark and cold
Like a lost sheep wandering from God's eternal fold;
Then the door swung open, and He spoke to me
"I have signed your pardon, now you may go free."

Chorus:
Jesus signed my pardon, this I surely know
Took my place at Calvary, now I won't have to go;
All my life I'll give to Him - He gave His for me
When He signed my pardon there at Calvary.

Since the Savior led me from that awful place
I can hear the angels as they sing Amazing Grace;
I know I was pardoned from my sin and shame
When I joined them singing, "Glory to His name."

Chorus:

Life is now worth living since I've been set free
I'm so glad He was willing to save a wretch like me;
Now I have a mansion, not a prison wall
Jesus signed my pardon, Jesus paid it all.

Chorus:

~~~

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#488396 Nov 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Other posters have tried to explain things to you in the past, you fail to comprehend. You are here only to aggravate. What I posted came from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. And I hate to tell you this , but the Cardinals and the Pope who , by the way was the Blessed Pope John Paul II, wrote the Catechism, know more about indulgences than you. The Holy Spirit guided them, you know.
Nothing but the,blood of OUR,LORD,JESUS,CHRIST ..can wash SIN .

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488398 Nov 5, 2013
- NOMAD- wrote:
When Jesus comes he will meet us in the sky, and all those that are in the book of life will be taken to heaven and the others including the devil will go to a place of eternal torment, and there is no new earth. The rapture and the millennial reign of Christ cannot be true if it is not 100 percent Biblically supported and it is not. We are to protect our world against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Just like we are to obey the police and all laws of the land as this would be a sin if we didn't obey.•Revelation 21:1 “Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.” New is not the same as the old.(physical)
•Revelation 21:2 “Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” The holy city, new Jerusalem, cannot be a physical one, because it’s coming from heaven. The new heaven and new earth must be a figurative expression for God’s dwelling place, heaven. Matthew 5:34 “But I say to you, do not swear at all neither by heaven, for it God’s throne, nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.” Revelation 21:24,27 “And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.”“But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” This describes where the righteous will dwell, including the faithful in the church.

#488399 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but the,blood of OUR,LORD,JESUS,CHRIST ..can wash SIN .
~~~

Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,

For my pardon, this I see,
For my cleansing this my plea,

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Nothing can for sin atone,
Naught of good that I have done,

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

This is all my hope and peace,
This is all my righteousness,

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Now by this I’ll overcome—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
Now by this I’ll reach my home—

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Glory! Glory! This I sing—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bring—

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,
Human Being

Basile, LA

#488400 Nov 5, 2013
Peace

Book of Wisdom 2:

12 Let us beset the just one, because he is obnoxious to us; he sets himself against our doings, Reproaches us for transgressions of the law and charges us with violations of our training. 13 He professes to have knowledge of God and styles himself a child of the LORD. 14 To us he is the censure of our thoughts; merely to see him is a hardship for us, 15 Because his life is not like other men's, and different are his ways. 16 He judges us debased; he holds aloof from our paths as from things impure. He calls blest the destiny of the just and boasts that God is his Father. 17 Let us see whether his words be true; let us find out what will happen to him. 18 For if the just one be the son of God, he will defend him and deliver him from the hand of his foes. 19 With revilement and torture let us put him to the test that we may have proof of his gentleness and try his patience. 20 Let us condemn him to a shameful death; for according to his own words, God will take care of him."

Peace

#488401 Nov 5, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" <quoted text>=
Thus you have this shift from a onetime public act of reconciliation practiced in the church in the mid third century to a private act of confession and penance starting in the late 4th century.
Contrary to your statement that private confession was done for the Priest to acquire power, this was done for purposes of discretion, privacy, encouragement, and mercy from the draconian harsh lengthy punishments that accompanied public confession.
It was felt that public confession would discourage people from coming forward and expose them to contempt from people if the sin was publicly revealed.
Those same appointed Priests would then assign penances for those who confessed to work them out by themselves.
Confession was done for only a certain type of sin, it was generally public, the works of penance were also strictly a public affair which could only be done once in a person’s lifetime, and there was no judicial absolution as is practiced by the Roman Church today.
The early Church dealt severely with sin among its members. But this had to do with sins it considered to be very grave such as adultery, fornication, murder, heresy and denying Christ in persecution. Such sins would be dealt with by excommunication.
For those individuals who had committed mortal sin it became necessary, in order to be forgiven and restored to the Church, that they generally publicly confess their sins and submit themselves to an extensive penitential discipline of personal humiliation which could only be done one time in one’s lifetime.
This discipline meant that they would be excluded from communion and would undergo weeping, fasting and other disciplines requiring protracted ascetic and religious exercises for long periods of time.
An example of the harshness of punishment prior to the formal institution of private confession with a priest is the one dealt to the adulterer:
LVIII. The adulterer will be excluded from the sacrament for fifteen years. During four he will be a weeper, and during five a hearer, during four a kneeler, and for two a stander without communion
What the early Church called confession or public penance for grave sin was not initially something that could be done over and over again. And because of its very demanding and humiliating character many people put off the discipline until the end of their lives.
However, over time there was a gradual change in this practice so that eventually no matter how often an individual might sin he could seek reconciliation through the presbyter
Part 2 of 2

----------
Fifteen years ??? Wow. Sounds too much like Islam: "Bow down before ME and I will let you live...if you pay me the tax."

What happened to the folks who died before the fifteen years were up?

KayMarie

#488402 Nov 5, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" <quoted text>=
C
LASSES OF PENITENTS
THE WEEPERS
AUDIENTES, OR HEARERS
KNEELERS OR PROSTRATORS
THE CONSISTENTES

----------
What happened to the sinner who died before his fifteen years were up?

So glad I can confess to Him, and receive His blessing immediately.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 4 hr KidlatNgayon 84
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••