Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488641 Nov 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and your arrogants and ignorance is showing
And if that lady never finds,HIM..I pray GOD can forgive the actions that turned her away from Him..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488642 Nov 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They don;t want to hear the truth. They are comfortable with 1700 years of Roman lies.
All they care about Jesus is that they were told He is going to let them do what ever evil they want and reward them when they die.
They also love to fantasize that people like you and I (and the real Jesus) will be tortured for eternity for disagreeing with them.
Christianity is mostly a sick and twisted hate cult that makes a mockery of every thing Jesus taught and stood for.
Psst...over here Ben....Liam is a.....uhm....a Catholic......

Yep, uh-huh....I know.....can you believe it....*eery music starts*.....A CATHO-LICCCCCC!!.....bump-bump -bump!!

He probably won't agree with your post.

:o)
truth

Perth, Australia

#488643 Nov 6, 2013
there is a no law
ihere is a no Mercy
there is a no love
there is a suffering
My body
my lags
my hands
my mind

no lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

amen
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488644 Nov 6, 2013
Revelation 22:13-15

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 <<<<<“Blessed are those who wash their robes,>>>>> that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.>>>>>

15 ~Outside~ are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Notice verse #14....

Blessed are those ~~~who wash their robes...WHY?

They may have the RIGHT to the TREE OF LIFE....

AND, may go through the gates into the city....

***Those are the ones who are 'In Christ Jesus'...free from the bondage of sin...

Now, notice verse #15.....

OUTSIDE.....those who are the ones in sin.....

In other words, OUTSIDE of Christ Jesus.....still under the bondage of sin....

Albuquerque, NM

#488645 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You have to believe in Jesus, but you also have to receive Him through the Eucharist, FORGIVE , if you don't forgive, then Christ won't forgive you.
Then why do you only believe in a portion of Jesus' teachings?

You are contradicting your statement.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488647 Nov 6, 2013
who="OldJG" The Roman Catholic church endorses homo-sexual marriage by declaration of the pope. And you call yourselves the "one true church"? Really? Apparently you believe Jesus taught living the homosexual lifestyle was alright and He actually endorsed the behavior. If you are Roman Catholic this is what you tell the world you believe........
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/pope-app...
http://www.theonion.com/articles/vatican-reve...
Oops....now he has changed his mind???? Or has he.
http://www.autostraddle.com/pope-francis-does...
Your Roman Catholic church and faith is to be pitied.

----------

Cardinal Dolan told an Imam that they (CC's and Islam's) worship the same God.
KM

Albuquerque, NM

#488648 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, yes they do. Do you read your bible? Sheol is hell. And all Jews sin.
Back to Judaism 101 for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13...
"It connotes the place where those that had died were believed to be congregated."

Albuquerque, NM

#488649 Nov 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ is God. People who follow Christ are Christians.
....that would be if you follow all of what Jesus taught. Since you and many don't, you are really only "half-Christian".
Liam

Garden City, MI

#488650 Nov 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket?
We have a High Priest Jesus Christ. Why would we need the pope?
Heb 4:14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
You fool no one. Jesus established one faith and one fold. You can't tell me with a straight face that all of you have the same faith. You make a mockery out of Our Lords ministry by scattering His teachings in a million different pieces.

If there were no Catholics on this forum, you all would bludgeon each other with Bible verses. You'd start by ganging up on the church of christ member. Then you'd move on to Ox. Then you'd divide between the OSAS subscribers and the other various doctrines. After the OSAS guys are silenced, Preston would convince y'all that God verbally communicates with him. Then next thing you know, you guys will be gathered together in the same compound studying the Book of Revelation.... Awaiting the Apocalypse.
After all this, you'll still convince everyone that the 'bible interests itself' lol

Jesus established the office of the Papacy because He foresaw this mess. Peter set up the Church like the Lord commanded. Its still there 2,000 yrs later

Location hidden

#488651 Nov 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
Revelation 22:13-15
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 <<<<<“Blessed are those who wash their robes,>>>>> that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.>>>>>
15 ~Outside~ are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Notice verse #14....
Blessed are those ~~~who wash their robes...WHY?
They may have the RIGHT to the TREE OF LIFE....
AND, may go through the gates into the city....
***Those are the ones who are 'In Christ Jesus'...free from the bondage of sin...
Now, notice verse #15.....
OUTSIDE.....those who are the ones in sin.....
In other words, OUTSIDE of Christ Jesus.....still under the bondage of sin....
lol, just show us where Jesus commanded any person to be Baptized. don't fiddle foot around with His precious Word

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488652 Nov 6, 2013
Humans that become attached and believe they have mastered wild animals often "imagine" that the wild animals LOVE them.

All too often the wild animals turn on the humans and kill them for purposes of "entertainment."

You might believe that you can be masters over other humans, who basically are wild animals ... but things are not always as they seem.

Many religious parents have been killed by their own adult children ... when the adult children believe that their masters have become overbearing.

Those who believe they can master wild animals best beware that when the animals become full-grown, they can become very unpredictable.

Willow River, Canada

#488653 Nov 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....that would be if you follow all of what Jesus taught. Since you and many don't, you are really only "half-Christian".
Is a half-Christian that serves Jehovah half-Jew???

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#488654 Nov 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "ONLY" exclusive speaker for God with regards to the TRUTH is THE CHURCH that Paul speaks of in I Timothy 3:15 which is the "pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH!!!--and that TRUTH is (only) in Jesus Christ, which is manifested IN and THROUGH Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church!-----Past-Present-and Future!!! It is NOT NOW---NOR EVER WILL BE in one of your 42,100 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only Protestant (half-truth, half-heresy) beliefs in which "each persons personal opinion" is the (final authority). God is NOT the author of your bible only confusion, contradiction and chaos!!!!
You forgot to post the citation and link to that citation.

Wanna try again?

BTW - the so-called "Church" has not been fully defined, so again, I don't believe you know what you are talking about, considering I am part of this "Church" you claim exists, but I have yet been able to vote on any doctrine "within the Church".

I think you are just trying to mislead others, because you lack the information that allows you to tell others the truth.

Location hidden

#488655 Nov 6, 2013
Did Jesus Command Baptism in Order to be Saved? A commentary on John 3:5-7
by Rich Deem

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.(John 3:5)

Introduction

Many Christians have claimed that one cannot be saved without being baptized and cite the verse above as evidence. Although baptism is an ordinance of the Christian Church and a command given to those who convert non-believers, Jesus never commanded baptism in order to be saved. Let us look at this verse in context to try to figure out what "born of water" actually refers to.

John 3 in context

Let us start by checking out the entire verse in context:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, "You must be born again.'(John 3:3-7)

There are two conditions to enter the kingdom of God. Which comes first? "Born of water," according to the verse. Does baptism precede being born of the Spirit in the believer? Jesus clarifies what He means in the next verse, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Being born of water is referring to being born physically (the water referring to the amniotic fluid that breaks as one is born). This is why He said "You must be born again." The first birth is the birth from water, or the flesh. The second is to be born of the Spirit, which is of God. I think it is pretty clear that the verse does not refer to baptism, but to the first birth. At this point, the "entering" is for anyone who is born again (i.e., born of the Spirit).

Let's go over the specific text in question. Verse 3 says that one must be born again to see the kingdom of God. Verse 5 says that one must be born of water AND the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God. The text tells us that these requirements are one and the same.

In stating that one must be born again, Jesus referred to 2 births - the first the physical birth on Earth. Nicodemus recognized this as the first requirement, since he stated that a man cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb (John 3:4). In the very next statement he explains the two kinds of birth. "Born of water" refers to the physical birth, whereas "born of the Spirit" refers to being "born again" or the second birth. In the next verse, Jesus clarifies the statement explaining that "born of water" refers to being "born of flesh." Jesus was clear and direct. There is no mention of baptism anywhere. "Born of water" never refers to baptism in any other verse in the entire Bible. The Greek word used is "hudwr" (Strong's number G5204).1 The Greek word for baptism is "baptisma" (Strong's number G908).2 If Jesus had wanted to refer to baptism, He would have used this word. In fact, the word (or a variation of it) occurs 112 times in the New Testament.
http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/baptism... [WHO USED THIS NICK IN THE PAST?]LOL

Willow River, Canada

#488656 Nov 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For some unknown reason she still insists on this nonsense ..
Jesus US my Lord And Comfort
That is what YOU believe ... but that the vibrations of LOVE are coming back to you in return is simply your assumption.

Your belief might be a one-way "effort."

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488657 Nov 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a half-Christian that serves Jehovah half-Jew???
:)
I prefer the term Chrisjewlim.

Location hidden

#488658 Nov 6, 2013
Did Jesus baptize?

A general observation of the ministry of Jesus Christ reveals that He never told anyone to be baptized in any of the gospel accounts{SEE THIS, hANK? THIS PERSON AGREES WITH ME AND THE BIBLE WHILE YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH WHAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES]. His discussion with numerous people about how to have a relationship with God have been recorded in the gospels,5 but in none of those accounts does Jesus tell anyone that they must be baptized. If baptism were crucial to one's salvation, I would think that He would have mentioned it at least once! Was Jesus negligent in not explaining this to all the people He talked to in the gospels? I don't think so! In addition, Jesus never baptized anyone to our knowledge, although He had His disciples perform the ceremony.6 In fact, He routinely sent the people off after being healed without baptism. Obviously, He gave the command to His disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.7 Baptism is an outward expression of what has already occurred within an individual. Jesus didn't need to see that outward expression of an individual's conversion, since, being God, He already knew what was in their heart.

Salvation by faith

In contrast, Jesus talked very often about faith - at least 27 examples given in the gospels: Matthew 8:10, Matthew 8:26, Matthew 9:2, Matthew 9:22, Matthew 9:29, Matthew 14:31, Matthew 15:28, Matthew 16:8, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 2:5, Mark 4:40, Mark 5:34, Mark 10:52, Mark 11:22, Luke 5:20, Luke 7:9, Luke 7:50, Luke 8:25, Luke 8:48, Luke 12:28, Luke 17:5, Luke 17:6, Luke 17:19, Luke 18:8, Luke 18:42, Luke 22:32.8 Could it be that faith is the key to having a relationship with God and not baptism?

The idea that baptism is required for justification perpetuates the Jewish notion of salvation through works of the law, which were repudiated by the apostles (Acts 10:43-11:18,9 15:1-11,10 Romans 3:30,11 Galatians 2,12 and Philippians 313) and the early church fathers. Yes, I believe one should be baptized in obedience to Jesus' command. However, we should also love our neighbor for the same reason.14 I know that we do not keep this entire command, because only God can demonstrate this kind of unconditional love. Does this mean that we will lose our salvation? No!

We are justified on the basis of faith alone (true faith - not an uncommitted confession of some belief). If anyone is trusting in any work of the flesh, then they put themselves under the entire law of God and will be held accountable to keep it all!(James 2:10,15 Galatians 3:10,16 5:2-4,17 Romans 2:12,18 3:2019)

Conclusion Top of page

A careful examination of John 3:5-7 reveals that when Jesus' referred to being "born of water" He was talking about the physical birth ("born of the flesh"), in contrast to being "born of the Spirit" or "born again." Jesus Himself never baptized anyone to our knowledge, although the disciples did baptize under His command. In all of His interactions with people, Jesus was never recorded as commanding anyone to be baptized, although He often commended people for their faith. It would seem that if baptism were required for salvation that Jesus would have made some mention of it. We conclude that faith, rather than baptism, is required for salvation, although the dutiful Christian will be baptized in obedience to Jesus command in Matthew 28:19.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488659 Nov 6, 2013
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>LOL< you made a statement that Jesus [commands] us to be Baptized. I asked you to provide ONE verse that backs up your statement and so what do you do, you write about an OT verse that cant be construed to be factual about Baptism.
why don't you just be honest with us and yourself and admit that the Bible doesn't have any verses where man is commanded to be Baptized thru the Words of Jesus.
the answer is very obvious as to WHY you don't even try to provide one verse. because it shoots down your church theology and doctrine, and you know it. just as for years, I have challenged you to show us where one person received the Holy Ghost when they were Baptized, as your church teaches.
so now we come to the [bottom line], your doctrine is being shown as false

----------
Jesus said, "He that believes AND is baptized shall be saved."
Baptism is a public testimony that one HAS believed, just as other good works are 'proof' of faith.

KayMarie

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#488660 Nov 6, 2013
God is like a honey badger!

Willow River, Canada

#488661 Nov 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, just show us where Jesus commanded any person to be Baptized. don't fiddle foot around with His precious Word
Well, after demanding to be baptized as a Catholic ... of course Jesus the Jew would recommend that others be baptized as Catholics.

The theology is beyond being silly!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 10 hr friend 4
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web