Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488486 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>In truth it is not up to anyone to say who would be going to hell. Our faith teaches us that those who believes in Jesus as the Son of God shall have ever lasting life. The judging is God place not ours.
You have to believe in Jesus, but you also have to receive Him through the Eucharist, FORGIVE , if you don't forgive, then Christ won't forgive you.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#488487 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you the truth in Scripture...I can't, and I would not if I could, make you believe it...
That is not what it teaches. The first two parallel verses say:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
And these are also parallel verses:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
It is only a story
You should not take it so seriously
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488488 Nov 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,I believe in Sheol ..faithful Jews looking forward to Messiah certainly did not go to he'll
Jesus,spoke about it ...they were waiting for Him ..he showed up ..AMAZING GRACE INDEED ..
Umm, yes they do. Do you read your bible? Sheol is hell. And all Jews sin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488489 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide a single signature.
Why do you all lie constantly ?
You must surely worship the "Father of Lies" as your religion calls it.
~~~
YOU WROTE

I would rather burn in Hell than accept your perverted religion.

NO ONE WILL VIOLATE YOUR WILL...NO ONE CAN/WILL MAKE THE CHOICE FOR YOU.

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Location hidden

#488490 Nov 5, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Do you read the bible for yourself or do you let the priest tell you what to believe. Try reading the bible, not the catholic bible. Prove to me someone can be saved without baptism.
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Being baptized is not mentioned in the above...believing is absolutely required......

The thief on the cross was saved...he was not baptized...

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Show me where Christ made it a requirement to be baptized in His answer to Nico....

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488491 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>projecting?
I see how you get so upset over some posts, you don't understand.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#488492 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text>God doesn't need a pope, just more false doctrine that the Catholics decided to use. Do you really think God needs a pope, we do have Jesus Christ, or did you forget..
God does not need Jesus or Christianity either
Churches need it to make money
why is this so difficult to see?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#488493 Nov 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and here we go again with the same ol' nonsense.....
Hojo, is that you?
No!! This is just another one of the 1.2 Billion Catholics around the world who know, believe, follow and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#488494 Nov 5, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

cross INRI

i touch that cross with lags hands body and crown pain ..mind..

be bless

pray who need prayers
i am still alive

what a about you all
Did you switching around with your lights..which one?http://www.biblegateway.co m/passage/?search=Revelation+3 %3A8-10

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#488495 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>In truth it is not up to anyone to say who would be going to hell. Our faith teaches us that those who believes in Jesus as the Son of God shall have ever lasting life. The judging is God place not ours.
Judging is a positive and necessary concept which means “to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises”(Webster’s, p. 653). It is a command of God as taught in John 7:24,“Judge righteous judgment.” Jesus also said, though, in that same verse,“Judge not according to the appearance.” Here Jesus taught us to be cautious in our judging. We should not judge without first carefully assimilating and weighing evidence or testing the necessary premises involved in a matter. The term “judging” has come to take on more of a negative connotation because of the warning in this verse. Yet, we must not ignore the fact that to judge righteous judgment is a command from Christ. Those who say,“It is wrong to judge,” must not have much confidence in themselves or others to righteously judge. Here many fail in living the Christian life by denying the responsibility each Christian has to judge or, as Marshal Keeble used to say, to “be a fruit inspector.”

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#488496 Nov 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, June, I am not evil....as in your terms....
I am NOT sinless, either....
LOL....
You didn't study at all....all you did was to pull up this one definition of the word EVIL.....
You didn't do you RESEARCH on the Hebrew word....get going....time is flying by....
You are truly an enigma Truth. As difficult as it is to decipher some of your posts, I have realized you are aware of a vast amount of information most wouldn't even consider. I only say that because I am familiar with some of it myself, and it caught my attention.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#488497 Nov 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! This is just another one of the 1.2 Billion Catholics around the world who know, believe, follow and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
~~~

lets go back beyond your "hysterical" religious society a few years..

say about 900

where the Psalmist projects your future

He said

Psa_5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488498 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Being baptized is not mentioned in the above...believing is absolutely required......
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Show me where Christ made it a requirement to be baptized in His answer to Nico....
Ox,

What do you believe born again is?

On salvation....

God has His part....

Man has his part.....

Hint: Baptism is a command...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488499 Nov 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Exactly ..
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488500 Nov 5, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need Jesus or Christianity either
Churches need it to make money
why is this so difficult to see?
Jesus Christ is God. People who follow Christ are Christians.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488501 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you the truth in Scripture...I can't, and I would not if I could, make you believe it...
That is not what it teaches. The first two parallel verses say:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
And these are also parallel verses:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.
Ox,

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that <<<now>>> saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The word NOW is present tense....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488502 Nov 5, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is you take criticism as an insult. Mary was not treated bad, I am sure God made sure of that. You get things very mixed up. Maybe you think its taunting because your conscience is bothering you. Dorothy Day said this, Don't call me a saint, I don't want to be dismissed that easily.
No one,in Nazareth knew,about the Angel ..if Joseph had,not married her ..She could have been stoned ..God protected her Life.

But if you don't think silly gossipy women did not talk badly about her you're wrong ...AND THEY FELT SUPERIOR ...the counted the months,from her marriage to the birth ..
Ask your priest ..what sacrifices she made by saying YES,

Gossipy ..judgemental folks are not doing God's,will .

This,is,NOT about me,at all ..I have nothing o account to you for ..
Jesus,was MERCIFUL to sinners ..

As,YOU said,we ate to see Christ in all people ..And pray they see Chris in our own actions,and words
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#488503 Nov 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox,

You wrote:

The thief on the cross was saved...he was not baptized

Jesus had the authority on earth to forgive sin....

Matthew 9:6

6 But I want you to know that the ~~~~~Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”~~~~~ So he said to the paralyzed man,“Get up, take your mat and go home.”

As Jesus' blood had NOT been shed yet, no one could be baptized into Jesus....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#488504 Nov 5, 2013
<quoted text> Judging is a positive and necessary concept which means “to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises”(Webster’s, p. 653). It is a command of God as taught in John 7:24,“Judge righteous judgment.” Jesus also said, though, in that same verse,“Judge not according to the appearance.” Here Jesus taught us to be cautious in our judging. We should not judge without first carefully assimilating and weighing evidence or testing the necessary premises involved in a matter. The term “judging” has come to take on more of a negative connotation because of the warning in this verse. Yet, we must not ignore the fact that to judge righteous judgment is a command from Christ. Those who say,“It is wrong to judge,” must not have much confidence in themselves or others to righteously judge. Here many fail in living the Christian life by denying the responsibility each Christian has to judge or, as Marshal Keeble used to say, to “be a fruit inspector.”
God's,place NOT ours,to condemn people .

I can judge which path I WILL FOLLOW or what to believe .

Let HE WHO IS,WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE ..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Willow River, Canada

#488506 Nov 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly an enigma Truth. As difficult as it is to decipher some of your posts, I have realized you are aware of a vast amount of information most wouldn't even consider. I only say that because I am familiar with some of it myself, and it caught my attention.
How about giving me your definition of what the word evil means to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web