Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
471,021 - 471,040 of 538,989 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
concerned in Brasil

Enilda, Canada

#488136 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I realize again, that I'm not nearly as smart as you, but where is the verse where Our Lord gives us the list of Books for the Bible. I can't find it.
Bibleidolators is what you all are. The Bible is your idol.
That is because you know not of the Spirit.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#488137 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to all theology ... Jesus did not CHOOSE to be a sacrifice. His father sent him to be crucified.
I wouldn't respect any father who sent his own son to be murdered ... especially when the father could see ahead of time that twenty centuries later, humans were still going to be fighting and killing each other over defending the dogmas in their own cults concerning who knows truth.
The theology is ludicrous!
Not my will but Thine and that was the drinking of the SIN CUP..he would rather not do..he,was Han with human weakness ..whereas Divine and perfect ..taking on our VILE SIN was repulsive

Jesus was no forced to come ..
He chose to ...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488138 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So, you take God so lightly that you think you can say what is a sin and what isn't?
Why not?

Catholics did it with the teachings of Jesus - choosing what they thought were "true" and disposing those they didn't agree with.

How does it feel when you know you've been lied to?

How does it feel to think fallible men can define an infallible being?

How does it feel to think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?

Please don't think your decisions are more truer than another.

They aren't.
marge

Ames, IA

#488139 Nov 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when she left Jesus back in Jerusalem. that is child abandonment. a crime as we know it today.
and she knew who He was and she walked away, a term that we call Backslidden,even tho marge et al says that it is impossible.
but thankfully she went back to Him
nope never said that, born-agains backslide.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488140 Nov 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We won't know until we know ....
...in other words, "we won't know if we are saved - until we die."

That is being honest and really the essence of your statement above.

But you seem to not be able to openly say that - so instead, you hide behind half-truths and vagueness - and continue to claim what "God" knows and doesn't know.

Yeah Rose - I continue to read your posts.

How honest can you really be?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#488141 Nov 4, 2013
Christ didn't come for the saved. Christ came for the sinner.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#488142 Nov 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow has posted several times about the Churches in the Book of Rev. and their angels.
satan is the angel of the rcc, and both will be destroyed by Jesus as He told John.
Amen!!!!!

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#488144 Nov 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...in other words, "we won't know if we are saved - until we die."
That is being honest and really the essence of your statement above.
But you seem to not be able to openly say that - so instead, you hide behind half-truths and vagueness - and continue to claim what "God" knows and doesn't know.
Yeah Rose - I continue to read your posts.
How honest can you really be?
Salvation is,all about Jesus ..of course,He,knows,our souls,.

As,for mysteries,..Will all be revealed in heaven ..Will we care,.

Will God,answer ...up to Him.

I for one will not ASK the Mother of My Lord about we personal life with her husband ..NO

I hope,some,mystery will be explained ..

I'm thinking there,is,a great library in Heaven as a,reward,for those,who deserve it ..imagine,knowing about the truth of THOMAS,'gospel 'for instance .

Or the,actual scenes,from the,garden. Or why did Sarai Feel moved to give Hagar,to her,husband ..we,see,it as,sin. Unbelief ...BUT was it??
Did,she feel so unworthy ..That she,,took.GOD literally and thought the,DESCENDANTS,would only be Abraham's,....not necessarily by her as the,years,went by ...
So yes,on many things,..we,will know,when AND IF we are allowed,to know .

Location hidden

#488145 Nov 4, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic church is actually the biggest deceiver of mankind with there false teachings. Nothing they say is true, nothing. Pick up the King James Version or any other bible except the catholic bible and tell me if you see anything about a catholic church. The answer will be no. The bible doesn't mention anything about the catholic church or Peter becoming a pope. The catholic church branched off the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 The catholic came about by a few people who enjoyed the attention and gifts they were given from the roman dignitaries and thus was the beginning of the roman church when these people decided to do things the way the romans wanted things to be done. The catholic church doesn't do anything the bible says there suppose to do, nothing. Wake up and realize the catholic church is a false doctrine.
Church of Christ (American Protestant denomination ...- Britannica
www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/114839/Chu... ;
Any of several conservative Protestant churches, found chiefly in the United States. They are strongest in parts of the Midwest and in the western and southern ...

Christ built not any denomination...
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#488146 Nov 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, Jesus came willingly to do the WILL of His Father.....
Apparently, you know NOTHING about the sacrifice of blood....
it is only a story
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#488147 Nov 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation is,all about Jesus ..of course,He,knows,our souls,.
As,for mysteries,..Will all be revealed in heaven ..Will we care,.
Will God,answer ...up to Him.
I for one will not ASK the Mother of My Lord about we personal life with her husband ..NO
I hope,some,mystery will be explained ..
I'm thinking there,is,a great library in Heaven as a,reward,for those,who deserve it ..imagine,knowing about the truth of THOMAS,'gospel 'for instance .
Or the,actual scenes,from the,garden. Or why did Sarai Feel moved to give Hagar,to her,husband ..we,see,it as,sin. Unbelief ...BUT was it??
Did,she feel so unworthy ..That she,,took.GOD literally and thought the,DESCENDANTS,would only be Abraham's,....not necessarily by her as the,years,went by ...
So yes,on many things,..we,will know,when AND IF we are allowed,to know .
It is only a story
Library in heaven? Yes that is how it is made up

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#488148 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Christ didn't come for the saved. Christ came for the sinner.
Yes,He surely did .
He also Said ..Let HE who IS,WITHOUT SIN cast the,first stone ....
He,gave love and forgiveness to the Woman at the,Well ..
Can you imagine all the,gossip about her by the,women of Sychar ..the finger pointing and feelings of superiority ...
That's,what the poor woman went to the,well alone ..yet she had a,great blessing !!!!
I imagine,Mary had people pointing at her also ..thankfully Joseph Saved her from stoning by marrying her ..by their law they were both disgraced ...in human eyes,..NOT GODS,
Goes,to show,ONLY GOD,has,the,right To JUDGE sin .

Location hidden

#488149 Nov 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"the true church which is the Church of Christ, which was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people wanted to know what they needed to do to be saved and Peter told them, repent and be baptized. That day God added 3,000 souls to the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build. Matthew 16;18, Acts 2 37-38, Mark 16;16, Romans 16;16 "
WHILE SOME BELIEVE THE CHURCH WAS BIRTH AT PENTECOST...
I BEG TO DIFFER WITH YOU..
I BELIEVE THE CHURCH (UNDER THE GRACE DISPENSATION ..
Was birth through the (TRAVAIL)
sufferings, CRUCIFIXION DEATH OF CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR
THE CHURCH CAME FORTH IN HIS resurrection and WILL FOLLOW HIM SOON IN
HIS ascension WHEN HE RETURNS TO CATCH HIS BRIDE AWAY...
THE BIBLE SAYS
Eph_5:25 Husbands, love your wives,
-->even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; <--
Christ built His church:
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it...

The Lamb's Wife:
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Location hidden

#488150 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you are going by the Bible alone and only the Bible, you have to conclude that Jesus sinned.
"All have sinned"
Spoken like a true Catholic!!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488151 Nov 4, 2013
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I need to post through you or to you?
Please refrain from straw man it is sad indeed for you to do so.
First the first Bible was not in 1452, in the 15 century you may say the first english translation was, by the way do you know which KJV you refer too, there was more than one, but you would have to have actually studied to know that and we know you have not. And do you know why it was not allowed before than, why it had to stay Latin if the RCC had its way???
My first Bible, my Mom's first bible both in German had 72 books, 66 were consider scripture the rest good for context, reference and context of the times.
My confirmation bible was presented to me in the late 70's
Rome at the council of Trent made the extra books scriptures.
BTW the way my Bible has Maps in them are they to be considered scripture.
The Church set the canon at the council of Rome (where I believe all but Revelation was included), Hippo and Carthridge . This canon included the Books that were reaffirmed - not added- but reaffirmed at Trent.
But the Protestant argument that the Jews set the canon (39 Books ) at the time of Jesus is false. The Jews set their canon sometime after 70 AD.

This isn't my opinion, its historic fact.

No matter what though, we know Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books, so sola scripture evidently is not His will. Otherwise he or His Apostles would have surely compiled the list for us.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#488152 Nov 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>So Fatima is not in the Bible then? Boy I am so confused now....John saw Mary "I saw a woman clothed with the sun"...but that's not Fatima. The Orthodox don't comment either way about Fatima..some say it could have happened and some say "I don't know"....I personally don't believe it.
The Catholic Church doesn't require us to accept Fatima either. To me, the circumstances and eyewitness accounts by secular news outlets is to convincing to ignore. I believe it.

Location hidden

#488153 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE CHURCH WAS EMPOWERED(ENABLED) AT PENTECOST...
JESUS SAID...
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive
--->power,<---
(DEFINED IN GREEK
&#948;&#965;&#769; &#957;&#945;&#956; &#953;&#962;
dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):- ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.)
after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
"Ye shall receive power" He turns away their thoughts from these vain inquiries to the spiritual office and work for which they are about to be furnished from on high.

The apostles are not the church.....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#488154 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So, you take God so lightly that you think you can say what is a sin and what isn't?
=======

Cmon.I am trying to be civil to Catholics here.You make this difficult. Because now I am forced to remind you that your church set up a classification system for sin- mortal and venial. And then determined which sins fit into what category.

Then you set up indulgences that people could do to lessen their time in purgatory. At first the time was expressed in years but said that this year classification was just to help people.

I explained the theology of the Orthodox Church.The Church is spiritual- a Spiritual Hospital. The Catholic Church has recently moved to such language. Prior to this they talked of sin being debt and indulgences being a way to pay the debt.The Catholic Church talked about merits that could be by yourself and saints into the bank.Going to confession was like going to a bank teller.
The Catholic Church deserves credit for changing this tone.

I only respond when someone states something about the Orthodox Church.I mean no disrespect to other Catholics.

Location hidden

#488155 Nov 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Glory of God that we are redeemed,and it was His glory to take a woman born of sinful flesh(her parents),she was not a product of a virgin birth,and to have through her M O R T A L body the Incarnation,that was delivered from h e r VIRGIN body.The Holiness or setting apart of the LORD in this matter was the Virginity of Miriam(Mary).She was blessed in that she was chosen among all the women of the world at that time to house in her holy womb(VIRGIN) the Holy Child Jesus.Mary's decision to say yes to her LORD(SAVIOR)cleansed her of all sin,and made her righteous along with her people,and she gave to human kind her Son who is the Only Begotten of the Father before all A G E S. It is H o l y, wondrous,and glorious to behold.
I do not know why MARY must be made similar to a goddess in order for her glorious Son who was the ONLY MAN ever to be sinless,much moreso,the only h u m a n being ever to be sinless.When we repent of our sins we are Whie as Snow in our redemption before Christ,who alone was sacrificed for our sins.Mary gave humble reverence to her LORD,her Father of the Universe,and HE cleansed her,and placed in her womb through the Holy Spirit,the Incarnated Christ! What more wonder and glory,and magnificence is that for us human beings to behold?
What does that have to do with the shearing of sheep in Australia???!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#488156 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

We as Catholics have told you the answer to this "ridiculous question" many times, even though you (still continue) to "appoint yourself" as the final and ultimate judge regarding who goes to heaven and who does not!!!!...... GOD is the "FINAL JUDGE"!... nor are ANY OTHER of your self-appointed 42,000 bible only editorialists!!!!.... Only a bible only self-interpreting "fundie" like you, Confrinting, would even ask this question....... It only continues to show "how little you know" about ANYTHING when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the bible!------which comes as no surprise to ANY of us Catholics

~~~

<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

SO I AM STUPID FOOL.... TO ASK THE ABOVE QUESTIONS.

THAT SHINE THE LIGHT UPON YOU LIFESTYLE ....RIGHT?

~~~

YOU HATE THE LIGHT AND LOVE YOUR DARKNESS BECAUSE YOUR DEEDS ARE EVIL AND REFUSE TO COME TO THE LIGHT that YOUR deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

THE BIBLE SAYS
Joh 3:21 But he that doth truth cometh to the light,(WHICH IS GOD'S WORD)

that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••