Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
470,981 - 471,000 of 533,080 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
But those who lead, in the least are optimistic to where they are heading.
And that would be YOU ... arrogant one!

I doubt that you believe YOU could become a cannibal ... whereas, I am quite certain that if need be, I COULD become a cannibal.

I could also become a serial killer if the mood was suitable.

Do you think your SELF is above all behavior that occurs in other humans?

I suggest you do, as you like to believe your SELF is very moral.

YUCK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Muslim blows a lot of people up with a bomb along with herself ... the Muslim's training says "Self" will be in paradise.
That word self is silly nonsense, as each self perceives in a different way what is and what is not moral.
Some folks don't understand the Self enough to apply it.

Yeah - sort of like you do, but you have applied it correctly with this statement:

"...as each self perceives in a different way what is and what is not moral."

- But you also MUST include - that since morals are learned, and if one does not learn virtuous morals, that the only thing left are actions that are immoral.

Morality is learned through honesty and acceptance.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Some people believe that cannibalism is immoral. Yet many who were and are starving became/become cannibals.
Morality is perceived through individual experience and it is silly to believe that one could not break one's own code of "morality."
Self shits with the tide of experience.
I meant to post Self "shifts" with the tide of experience.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you are going by the Bible alone and only the Bible, you have to conclude that Jesus sinned.
"All have sinned"
Jesus,being fully divine,as well as,human...was,the only possible descendant of Adam WHo could be the PURE SACRIFICE ...

Like,Isaac ..an innocent but not PERFECT ..a,picture of THE,future ..
His,Father sent Him.to be payment ...BLOOD sacrifice ,..PERFECT ..in place of our souls,deserved ..punishment....he took it all to the CROSS.
the,only payment possible to satisfy GODS,JUSTICE ...

PERFECT SINLESS ..WITHOUT BLEMISH

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that would be YOU ... arrogant one!
I doubt that you believe YOU could become a cannibal ... whereas, I am quite certain that if need be, I COULD become a cannibal.
I could also become a serial killer if the mood was suitable.
Do you think your SELF is above all behavior that occurs in other humans?
I suggest you do, as you like to believe your SELF is very moral.
YUCK!
Jealousy will always be present in humans, as it appears here in your post.

Oh, you won't admit it, but since you just can't admit that another person CAN BE more moral than you, you have to voice your objections in anyway you find suitable.

Again, that is your Self. "Jumping the gun Self" is more accurate.

:o)

And yes, I do think my life is moral. You may not, and that is okay with me, because you really aren't living my life, so you really have only speculation as your friend when statements are made about me.

Can I become a cannibal?
- Hmmmm.....maybe - I really haven't thought about it. Does human flesh taste like onions? If so, then I will probably die from starvation.

:o)

Could I become a serial killer?
- Nah - I only kill what I want to eat (as with hunting), or if my life is in a situation where either I need to kill or be killed. I choose to live, so I will kill for that chance.

Any other questions relevant to the topic?

"Do you think your SELF is above all behavior that occurs in other humans?"
Sure I do. I think that just living an honest helpful life has caused this to happen, and I envoke others to try this same path I am on, as it has been quite successful for me thus far, and guess what, I didn't need the RCC to achieve it.

Imagine that!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

I was watching Family Feud the other day and one of the questions was, "Name something you look forward to when going to Church"?

the first person says - Worship
the second person says - prayer but then the host says we need another answer because prayer is worship.

lololol..I thought wow, the world knows prayer is worship but catholics don't..lol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to post Self "shifts" with the tide of experience.
Ya know June, I think you are finally beginning to grasp certain characteristics of life.

"Self shifts with the tide of experience."

How right you are.

As one learns about their Self, and learns that understanding it will be helpful, the 'tide of experience' does get intertwined with life's actions, due tot he knowledge gained from an experience.

One begins to see that an experience was either successful or not, and thus learns that there can be another chance to be successful. So they use the experience to better the next try.

Perception is a component of success.

To quote Thomas Edison and his light bulb experiments after failing to acquire a working prototype after 1000 tries.....

"I didn't fail 1000 times, but to get to the final product, I had 1000 steps to achieve."

It is better to be optimistic and succeed, than it is to be pessimistic and think you will fail.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,being fully divine,as well as,human...was,the only possible descendant of Adam WHo could be the PURE SACRIFICE ...
Like,Isaac ..an innocent but not PERFECT ..a,picture of THE,future ..
His,Father sent Him.to be payment ...BLOOD sacrifice ,..PERFECT ..in place of our souls,deserved ..punishment....he took it all to the CROSS.
the,only payment possible to satisfy GODS,JUSTICE ...
PERFECT SINLESS ..WITHOUT BLEMISH
You sure like to make unfounded claims.

Why?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
Untrue.
I always teach and lead others away from evil,
Case in point!

You believe you are qualified LEAD others, and that YOU are very virtuous and beyond that mortal behavior of others.

Plain and simple ... you are very arrogant.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<I understand - many years of Christianity has caused you to continuously to think that evil is right around you, waiting to grab you and bring you under its' spell.
You are a liar! I have never believed in evil, a devil or hell, and have posted those sentiments MANY times.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

I watched a program where a Jew admitted that cannibalism was practiced in the ghettos where the Jews were starving.

I suggest that real life brings the most arrogant humans down to humble them in one way or another.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar! I have never believed in evil, a devil or hell, and have posted those sentiments MANY times.
you believe in evil Grams. You support killing unborn babies.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm very suspicious of that word "LEAD" when it pertains to religion.
Another story in the bedroom.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Mother Teresa preached that women who had abortions were evil offenders of "god." But "Mother" never had her own children to in turn watch them starve to death from lack of food.

It's easy to preach holiness, when one is living in comfort, and Mother under her smock was not a skeleton by any means.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point!
You believe you are qualified LEAD others, and that YOU are very virtuous and beyond that mortal behavior of others.
Plain and simple ... you are very arrogant.
I am qualified. Unfortunately for you, you've jumped past many reasons and just make unfounded conclusions, without utilizing all the possibilities of the statement.

I am qualified to teach and lead my children on a path to know what is right from wrong. I lead them.

I am also qualified to teach others on how to practice "lean manufacturing", which also shows I am a leader and the credentials to teach these steps.

I am also qualified in leading people, just because of what you stated, "through the shift of experience". As I learn, there are others who have not learned what I have, thus, I can lead them to be also successful.

I'm sorry you don't like to teach others these these.

Maybe that is why you decided to be an Atheist. You couldn't realize the importance between good and bad.

*shrugs*

Like I said, your "Christian" attributes appear to have never left your bedside. You may never admit this, but if you took the time to see what you post now and what you used to probably post to others when you "were a so-called Christian", you will realize that there is no difference at all.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
I'M NO sure lately WHAT I've been called ..sigh ..a,lot of garbage with my name on it
Anyway
As,Kay said,and I didn't know,Muslims,are,having dreams,about Jesus,.
Amazing Grace indeed ..missionaries,killed and blocked from.the,WORD .
Yes,the WORD is being delivered ..
God bless every one of hose souks,..
One organization SAMARITANS, was,in Darfur long before Our government and,celebrities,found it on the Map.
And the,government ..please,.
See,the,last half of this,
http://www.aish.com/ci/s/52292422.html...
----------
Satellites are now reaching the world with Christian TV.
A 40 foot statue of Jesus was erected on a 65 foot base in war-torn Syria last week.
He is coming soon...
KayMarie
Praise,God and,hope,we are all ready
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Mother Teresa preached that women who had abortions were evil offenders of "god." But "Mother" never had her own children to in turn watch them starve to death from lack of food.
It's easy to preach holiness, when one is living in comfort, and Mother under her smock was not a skeleton by any means.
Why does an atheist have morals? Like say starving a child may be immoral to you...why?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
If I was born of a perfected god ... how could I be born in sin.
My supposed soul had to come to earth from either evil or perfection ... so did a devil or a god sponsor my birth???
As is all theology ... your theology is wacky!!!
An infant has no sin, you will eventually grow up and then you will end up doing something that will be defined as sin, like not telling the truth, stealing, or cheating to name a few, then you will be someone who has sinned and needs God's forgiveness. To receive this forgiveness one has to become a Christian and I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and walk in newness of life as a child of God.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well, He certainly doesn't in your picture, you disrespected His mother. I am not going to answer your stupid question, anyone who is a Christian would never asked that question. You seriously need to take some lessons.
Projecting again? I did not disrespect the Theotokos. You are clueless to even your own faith.We all are still waiting for you to post where in the Bible is Fatima as you stated boldly before. And by the way....you did answer my stupid question.lol And that question was rhetorical question...
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox Church allows room for variance re issues we cannot be certain of- such as Mary's sinlessness. As far as her being ever virgin there is no variance.The Orthodox stop at trying to make definitive statements re what they see as mysteries.They are definitive re basic tenets.The Catholic Church,coming from scholsticism, tends to go ahead and define.Re the sinlessness of Mary you will find Orthodox who believe she was sinless,some no,some redefine sinlessness to what you would call venial.We have no less espect for Theoltokos. She is the perfect model for us to follow as a Christian.
Thanks Nick.,.I still don't understand why some Orthodox Churches teach it as truth and some don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 44 min Hebrewsunite 8,183
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••