Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488053 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I love the TRUTH
:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#488054 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You hope God has mercy on your soul for such a blasphemous post.
pointing that crooked finger again?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488055 Nov 4, 2013
According to the first ones to mention the word Christian, The one and only Abrahamic God did NOT want the faithful Jews to continue teaching Judaism as HIS one and only favorite religion.

If you don't see the lies ... you don't WANT to see the lies.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488056 Nov 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a demoninational church in God's Kingdom.
Exactly! Luther started denominations in the 16th century Reformation and you "fundies" have expanded your denominations to
to over 42,000 contradicting, chaotic and confused "inconsistent "man-made"denominati ons. The WORD OF GOD (made flesh) in Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit who reveals the TRUTH, does NOT contradict HIMSELF with 42,000+ conflicting "relative truths"..... You bible only "fundies" are ALL OVER THE PLACE when it comes to "ANYTHING" that is TRUE. Each one of you have "your own editorialized (opinionated) interpretation" of the bible that is a "hodge-podge" of "WHAT I THINK" is true------ half-truth, half-heresy Christianity! God is not, has not, nor ever will be the author of your bible only contradicting, confusion and chaos!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488057 Nov 4, 2013
So, according to Catholics, Jehovah said ... "Let there be NO more Judaism preached on earth! I no longer favor the Jews as my chosen few. I now favor only the Catholics, and I want my son Jesus to work for the popes in the Catholic confessionals."

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Location hidden

#488058 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I read where the Orthodox Churches do not support any artificial contraception and abortion.
will if you read it than it must be right...lol

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488059 Nov 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>pointing that crooked finger again?
Well then I suggest you show them how to straighten fingers out when pointing ... and then they will KNOW!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488060 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther started denominations in the 16th century
And just as occurred with your popes ... Luther swore to tell the truth and nothing BUT the truth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488061 Nov 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
half-heresy Christianity!
"half" heresy!

Does that mean that half is truth?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488062 Nov 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? In what way. Please be precise, so I might understand why you make that assertion. Take your time with it. It will probably be at least a few days before I am capable of even reading your reply.
Need glasses ??
Lol

I HAVR lots of contact lenses ...!!#

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488063 Nov 4, 2013
At least when Martin Luther married his honey-bun nun, he no longer had to pretend he was celibate.

Location hidden

#488064 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Church started when Christ told St. Peter, Upon this rock...
wrong....your church started in 1054....

Location hidden

#488065 Nov 4, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics teach we are born with original sin. Only the Blessed Virgin is Immaculate. No one else.
And where does Jesus fit into your picture? Was HE also sinless??? Jesus comes before the Theotokos in our church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#488066 Nov 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
First of all out of civility I did not mention that the Orthodox consider the Immaculate Conception as an innovation of Catholics and a heresy.
Second of all, Sera was referring to John Chrysostom. He is recognized by the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church as a saint and as a Doctor of the Church.Hardly a blasphemer.
Chrysostom comments on Matthew 12:46-49:
"That which I was lately saying, that when virtue is wanting all things are vain, this is now also pointed out very abundantly. For I indeed was saying, that age and nature, and to dwell in the wilderness, and all such things, are alike unprofitable, where there is not a good mind; but to-day we learn in addition another thing, that even to have borne Christ in the womb, and to have brought forth that marvellous birth, hath no profit, if there be not virtue.
And this is hence especially manifest. "For while He yet talked to the people," it is said, "one told Him, Thy mother and Thy brethren seek Thee. But He saith, who is my mother, and who are my brethren?"
And this He said, not as being ashamed of His mother, nor denying her that bare Him; for if He had been ashamed of her, He would not have passed through that womb; but as declaring that she hath no advantage from this, unless she do all that is required to be done.
For in fact that which she had essayed to do, was of superfluous vanity; in that she wanted to show the people that she hath power and authority over her Son, imagining not as yet anything great concerning Him; whence also her unseasonable approach.
See at all events both her self- confidence and theirs. Since when they ought to have gone in, and listened with the multitude; or if they were not so minded, to have waited for His bringing His discourse to an end, and then to have come near; they call Him out, and do this before all, evincing a superfluous vanity, and wishing to make it appear, that with much authority they enjoin Him.
And this too the evangelist shows that he is blaming, for with this very allusion did he thus express himself, "While He yet talked to the people;" as if he should say, What? was there no other opportunity? Why, was it not possible to speak with Him in private?
(Homilies on the Gospel According to St. Matthew, 44)
Regarding John 2:3-4, Chrysostom comments:
For where parents cause no impediment or hindrance in things belonging to God, it is our bounden duty to give way to them, and there is great danger in not doing so; but when they require anything unseasonably, and cause hindrance in any spiritual matter, it is unsafe to obey.
And therefore He answered thus in this place, and again elsewhere, "Who is My mother, and who are My brethren?" (Matt. 11,48), because they did not yet think rightly of Him; and she, because she had borne Him, claimed, according to the custom of other mothers, to direct Him in all things, when she ought to have reverenced and worshiped Him.
This then was the reason why He answered as He did on that occassion....And so this was a reason why He rebuked her on that occasion, saying, "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" instructing her for the future not to do the like; because, though He was careful to honor His mother, yet He cared much for the salvation of her soul
(Homilies on the Gospel According to St. John, 21)
I always hatched idea that she as a woman ..was no the instigator of he visit ..She KNEW He was special ..But the brethren ..thought something wrong (whoever we believe said brethren to be)
Jesus was embarrassment to some of them..they wanted him home .

We know she was THEre ..But ..I don't think we can assume she was going to interfere ...though ..as a mother ...She knew in her heart He was not safe .

Only my opinion....But of ALL people ..She knew His origin...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488067 Nov 4, 2013
Anybody who believes that those monks are celibate ... say "I." And then I suggest you quick run to church and ask that your fibs be forgiven.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In January I traveled to Gaden-Shartse, my monastery in
southern India, to ask my question. The vow of celibacy
I had taken three years before when I was ordained
allows for no sexual act (wet dreams are the exception-they
occur in sleep and are unwilled). Masturbation clearly
breaks that vow-and monks, I learned, did it. "But no
one speaks about this," one monk explained. "The young
monks get up and wash their sheets and say nothing."

http://www.gaybuddhist.org/07a_monk_sex.html

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488068 Nov 4, 2013
I suggest that humans are sexual beings, and it is unnatural to expect that they won't have sex.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

They masturbate, I was told, while
trying to go to sleep.

http://www.gaybuddhist.org/07a_monk_sex.html

Location hidden

#488069 Nov 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here we disagree, the First sin was when she walked away from Jesus, making her a backslider(this should make the OSAS'ers on here angry.lol
Preston, please explain what you mean by the Theotokos walked away from Jesus?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488070 Nov 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Hojo where do you get we are to point anyone to a church?
Jesus HIMSELF established "a" CHURCH---- HIS CHURCH in Matthew 16 and Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15 that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) in the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Paul continues: "If there is a dispute (he says) "take it to the Church" (not the bible). It is quite clear that Jesus, Paul, Peter, the Apostles --ALL of them-----direct us to "a" Church, and it is Jesus Christs biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church that has been "the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH- for over 2000 years ---proclaiming--the TRUE GOSPEL and the TRUE DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ--in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH---not 42,000 contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent bible only (man-made) self-interpreting (relative truths) based upon what each one of the 42,000 bible interpreters "think is truth"!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488071 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"half" heresy!
Does that mean that half is truth?
Yes---at best!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488072 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Every person that believes in the myth of salvation, is certain that he/she is "without a doubt" saved and others are doomed to end up in hell.
How funny that humans don't see the arrogance that motivates such self-centered thought.
There you go again, making false conclusions.

You really need to learn the differences between:

Every person
Some people

....it will help you better understand that beliefs are personal and may or may not be the same as another.

We already know that Christianity hawks many versions, you have hojo's version, then you have Dan's version, and Regina's version, and even Herme and Sera's version, your version, my version, and every other 42100 sect's version.

Not "every person" has the same "salvation" result as much as you want to think they do. You have been short-changed in your learning of these statements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Imprtnrd 395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Just me 10,391
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web