Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488030 Nov 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
remember the adam and eve story? Guilt by association.
.......What would have happened if Eve had said to the talking serpent. NO! NO! NO!! I will not eat from the tree of knowledge.
.... We would have lived happily ever after.
....thanks alot Eve!
:)

More sensible Christian scholars considering the facts at hand, acknowledge that the Adam and Eve story is but a myth, being totally incompatible with history, archeology, and science which includes genetics and the various dating techniques available.

http://www.rastaspeaks.com/tyehimba/2006/0711...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#488031 Nov 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
.How would christianity have ever started if King Herod had captured baby Jesus and slaughtered him as per his intentions?
How would christianity have ever started if the crowd at the crucifixion had screamed BARABAS instead of Jesus? After all according to the scriptures the crowd was given a 50/50 choice. Jesus or Barabas.
If Eve had decided NOT to eat the forbidden fruit, there would be no need for Jesus to come in the future, yet Jesus has always been so its obvious God knew mankind would fail before he failed.
All these stories are just pieces of this huge puzzle, the square pieces are rounded off to fit into the round holes to make all these stories come out the way they did.
.......and FEAR is the motivator that keeps the faithful in line.
Michael go relish in your own fear,the kind that is rebellious and self-serving. The FEAR of the LORD is reverence,and awe for the Creator who created all things,and NOTHING is hidden from His sight.You have but to only gain what little has bee afforded you in this life and its limitations.The Believer embarks on a journey of Eternal Life that is given through Christ,I do not see a dreaded fear in that.Given Eternal Life places in the heart a JOY that is unspeakable"and Full of Glory" so your base fear that is conjured by haloweenish trickery,devil costumes,vampire garbage,is not the same fear we believers experience when in the presence of the Living God. You have a right to your opinion,but when it comes to defining what we believe and how we react to it,your opinion really stands a grated dust on a corpse of unbelief!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488032 Nov 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You look at perfection with human logic,not HIS.
So YOU are able to perceive divine logic from a god's point of view???

WOW! That's heavy stuff!!!.

Now back to even sillier theology.

If a creator had a need to create humans as imperfect beings, when it could have done otherwise ... the creator is cruel by its nature.

But then, what else could be expected from a creator that created evil???

Theology is silly stuff in deed!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488033 Nov 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the closing word "AMEN".
I'm sure you comprehend that the word AMEN to a Christian means that all people of the world in order to be "saved" MUST become Christian.

If you believe that that prayer coincides with the "ALL," then so be it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”
Pad

Rockford, IL

#488034 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More sensible Christian scholars considering the facts at hand, acknowledge that the Adam and Eve story is but a myth, being totally incompatible with history, archeology, and science which includes genetics and the various dating techniques available.
http://www.rastaspeaks.com/tyehimba/2006/0711...
I am so glad you are wrong.The "Christian" scholars who do not believe anything they read in the Bible except what somebody ate or who killed who,have been trumping their unbelief for a long time June,it is nothing new to us.Many seminarian students come out of their so-called Christian seminaries with more unbelief than faith,so does that mean we should all be as they are?Well of course you should say YES,but than why should faith exist,and why even bother to become a member of any organization that is Christian?We do not want to follow a bunch of hypocrites who say one thing and believe another.

Believe me a hypocrit minister does not last long in a church where Christians are full of faith.Oh of course you would not know that!I'm sorry!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#488035 Nov 4, 2013
StarC wrote:
Continue...
The Roman distaste for Christianity, then, arose in large part from its sense that it was bad for society. In the third century, the Neoplatonist philosopher Porphyry wrote:
How can people not be in every way impious and atheistic who have apostatized from the customs of our ancestors through which every nation and city is sustained?... What else are they than fighters against God?{10}
Read more here
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/his...
See June, the first Christians called Catholic by St Ignatius in the first century were very much persecuted also.
That's the way the world was in those day, very sad.
...and now Catholics come to the internet to have this occur?

Wouldn't that be "self-persecution" knowing that you come to a site that includes it?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488036 Nov 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows how ignorant you are about the message of Salvation
You tell 'em Tex!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#488037 Nov 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
You should have been thinking about this scenario before you joined your religion.

Just because YOU THINK some folks don't "get to go to heaven", it doesn't make it any true than you spouting it is.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#488038 Nov 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU are able to perceive divine logic from a god's point of view???
WOW! That's heavy stuff!!!.
Now back to even sillier theology.
If a creator had a need to create humans as imperfect beings, when it could have done otherwise ... the creator is cruel by its nature.
But then, what else could be expected from a creator that created evil???
Theology is silly stuff in deed!
What I know concerning God is not for me alone June.The millions of believers through the centuries have come to the same conclusions I have come to.It involves the reading of the Word daily,and PRAYING and humbling onself before a Holy and wonderful God who does care about each and everyone of His created beings,including you.

Your tough exterior does not bother me June,as you seem to think you have the last word when it come to G O D,how silly is that dear lady?

Albuquerque, NM

#488039 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I you cannot answer yes...to my above questions...
WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO PERSUADE SOME ONE ELSE TO FOLLOW YOUR
EXAMPLE?
WHY DO YOU PROPAGATE UNCERTAINTY?
Must be the same reason you do.

Why do you try to mislead others?

Self-gratification seems to be the only answer I can come up with.

Location hidden

#488040 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue what the Book of Revelation is. You haven't even scratched the surface.
I suggest until then, you stop adding your opinions to Johns prophecy. Your arrogance makes you ignore the consequences of your actions.
Babylon as all have said is a [code] word for what we now call the rcc. you know it and I know that you know that I know.

it is not my opinion that I am adding. it is the Word of God.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488041 Nov 4, 2013
Every person that believes in the myth of salvation, is certain that he/she is "without a doubt" saved and others are doomed to end up in hell.

How funny that humans don't see the arrogance that motivates such self-centered thought.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488042 Nov 4, 2013
"God is going to save ME!"

"OH! How do you know that is true?"

"Because I read it, and I believe what I read."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488043 Nov 4, 2013
YEAH RIGHT!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Nag Hammadi library[1] is a collection of Gnostic texts discovered near the Upper Egyptian town of Nag Hammadi in 1945. Twelve leather-bound papyrus codices buried in a sealed jar were found by a local peasant named Mohammed Ali Samman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_libr...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488044 Nov 4, 2013
If you believe that a god instructed Christian theologians to write ... it's only fair that you believe a god instructed all other people in all other religions to also write.

Otherwise you are being UNFAIR!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#488045 Nov 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. I don't think you realize how difficult it is to understand the Orthodox Church...and i am sincerely trying.
I knew you guys didn't accept the Immaculate Conception, but I swore you taught that Mary was without sin. I remember at least two Orthodox telling me such. Even when I Google things, I get conflicting teachings (like contraception).
The Orthodox Church allows room for variance re issues we cannot be certain of- such as Mary's sinlessness. As far as her being ever virgin there is no variance.The Orthodox stop at trying to make definitive statements re what they see as mysteries.They are definitive re basic tenets.The Catholic Church,coming from scholsticism, tends to go ahead and define.Re the sinlessness of Mary you will find Orthodox who believe she was sinless,some no,some redefine sinlessness to what you would call venial.We have no less espect for Theoltokos. She is the perfect model for us to follow as a Christian.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488046 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~```
QUESTION..
IF EVERY CHRISTIAN ON EARTH WERE JUST LIKE YOU...BELIEVED WHAT YOU BELIEVE...
LIVE as you do...
LOVE as you do...
WORSHIPED GOD... as you do..
WAS AS FAITHFUL AND HONEST... as you are..
TO GOD...
and your fellowman .
WOULD YOU GUARANTEE.... THAT IF THEY DIED SUDDENLY...and faced God
THEY WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
We as Catholics have told you the answer to this "ridiculous question" many times, even though you (still continue) to "appoint yourself" as the final and ultimate judge regarding who goes to heaven and who does not!!!!...... GOD is the "FINAL JUDGE"!... nor are ANY OTHER of your self-appointed 42,000 bible only editorialists!!!!.... Only a bible only self-interpreting "fundie" like you, Confrinting, would even ask this question....... It only continues to show "how little you know" about ANYTHING when it comes to the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the bible!------which comes as no surprise to ANY of us Catholics

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488047 Nov 4, 2013
The ignorant buffoon Gerald Gardner claimed that ancient wisdom was whispered to him by the witches, but he wasn't supposed to tell their secrets.

With that flamboyant spiel he managed to start the modernized Pagan religions, including the popular Wiccan religion.

It doesn't take much to get people all excited and in turn go off in all directions, blathering idiocy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#488048 Nov 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox Church allows room for variance re issues we cannot be certain of- such as Mary's sinlessness.
Earth Mother

The Earth Mother is a motif that appears in many mythologies. The Earth Mother is a fertile goddess embodying the fertile earth and typically, the mother of other deities, and so, also are seen as patronesses of motherhood. This is generally thought of as being because the earth was seen as being the mother from whom all life sprang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_goddess#E...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#488049 Nov 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Still Hojo where do you get we are to point anyone to a church? The way I understand it is that we should be pointing people to Jesus first and then His Word so they can know God's will for themselves.
You seem to love your church first.
Yes! I love the TRUTH of the historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the ONLY CHURCH formed, established and initiated (over 2000 years ago) by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-------because------ the CATHOLIC CHURCH----- HIS CHURCH----IS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF,---- in which HE gives HIMSELF (each day)----- in the Eucharist (HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), soul and divinity, as the Bread of Life (come down from heaven)!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web