Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#487704 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that if humans had never been taught they were superior to other animals, the world would be a much better place to live.
There would be no competition about who gods love and who gods reject and other silly nonsense that stemmed direct from religion.
JUNE!
You are like school on saturday.

No class.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#487705 Nov 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For sure you didn’t pay much attention while you were been taught by “Catholic Nuns”
You know very well that every sacrament is in the Bible, these are Jesus rules.
Jesus would be repulsed at the way you speak of HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH.
St Peter our first Pope would be overjoyed at the growth of Jesus Church!!!
He knows for sure as he watches from heaven.
So you’re not OSAS?
If you are born again and you believe Jesus died for your sins why is there a Judgment Day???
Works and faith is in the Bible read it….or maybe you can take a class at a Catholic Church b/c for sure you didn’t learn much when the nuns taught you.
"Catholics believe that faith AND good works are both necessary for salvation, because such is the teaching of Jesus Christ. What Our Lord demands is "faith that worketh by charity ." (Gal. 5 :6). Read Matthew 25:31-46, which describes the Last Judgment as being based on works of charity. The first and greatest commandment, as given by Our Lord Himself, is to love the Lord God with all one's heart, mind, soul, and strength; and the second great commandment is to love one's neighbor as oneself.(Mark 12:30-31). When the rich young man asked Our Lord what he must do to gain eternal life, Our Lord answered: "Keep the commandments." (Matt. 19:17). Thus, although faith is the beginning, it is not the complete fulfillment of the will of God. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that faith alone justifies. When St. Paul wrote, "For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law," he was referring to works peculiar to the old Jewish Law, and he cited circumcision as an example."
Confession….AKA
"PENANCE – the sacrament, also known as Confession, through which Christ forgives sin and restores the soul to grace: "Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:22-23. Also see Matt. 18:18). "
"The HOLY EUCHARIST – the sacrament, also known as Holy Communion, which nourishes the soul with the true Flesh and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, under the appearance, or sacramental veil, of bread and wine: "And whilst they were eating, Jesus took bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and said: Take ye. This is my body. And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it. And he said to them: This is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many." (Mark 14:22-24. Also see Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:52-54, 1 Cor. 10:16)."
ALL JESUS Rules!!!!
Jesus would be repulsed at how his "One True Church" has corrupted the souls of many people through out time. He would be repulsed of the arrogants,ignorace,pridefulnes s and lies of his so called followers of HIS CHURCH...

Location hidden

#487707 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The pill is an abortifacient, you are only fooling yourself. And its a very grave mistake. S hysterectomy for medical reasons is okay, for family planning, its a mortal sin. I am a mother, and what you have done is irresponsible.
you forget that Rose is NOT CATHOLIC so she doesn't fall under your church and doesn't answer to you or your pope...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#487708 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Jesus was a savior, he wouldn't have needed any ritual in a river to make him over again.
Ridiculous theological blather.
You can tell the false religions by their foolish, conflicting, confusing dogma.

Ramen

Location hidden

#487709 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
that was her goal, to taunt and antagonize until one of us called her a pathetic loser. THATs why I called her a pathetic loser. lol
I don't base that on her lack of belief in God, I base that on her actions to strip good people from their peace and comfort as they are getting older. You could add scoundrel to fascist, and pathetic loser too. It has nothing to do with theology or any other ology. Its based on pure actions by this woman. Its what she does not what she believes.
And as a Christian you should rise above all this and set and example. It is better to ignore someone than to lower yourself to their level....agree?

Location hidden

#487710 Nov 3, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell the false religions by their foolish, conflicting, confusing dogma.
Ramen
I love chicken ramen..lol
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#487711 Nov 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
GDR
I can appreciate a bit of crazy wisdom, although it tends towards contempt. And that is to negative a view.
If light-hearted satire is meant to dispel deception, I see nothing wrong.
What satire? It's cold hard fact.

My God never murdered anyone.
My God never ordered anyone murdered.
I follow no murdering deity.

Nothing negative about that.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#487712 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people in religion can't seem to cope with the idea that they might not join up once again with their deceased loved ones.
I don't have that problem.
If I never see them again ... that I accept.
They gave me enough happiness while they lived.
Christianity is not for happy people, but sufferers.

You would not put a torture device around your neck as a symbol of hope it you were happy. The true Christian is a sadomasochist like Jesus. He heralds suffering as a path to heaven and his own suffering as an example to others.

Why do people suffer? Because they are living selfishly. They reap what they sow, but can not accept that. They want an easy way out. That is the forgiveness of Jesus. Of course it does not work, if the cure worked once would be enough. No they need to be forgiven all the time, to suppress the ill-feelings they have about themselves. The church calls this hope. Hope for people that wasted their lives in selfish pursuit.

These people exist, the church is simply a parasite feeding on their guilt. They know how to feed the guilt feelings and then harvest on them. Like a drug dealer offers release to people and profits from the following enslavement.

Christianity goes with a slave society in which people suffer and seek relief of suffering. It is meant to keep the slaves in check by offering them an example of a God that accepts the same hardship. If God can not save himself, what hope is there for me? None! The only hope lies in the hereafter says Jesus. That is why it was the Roman state ideology, to keep all those colonized people pacified.

Location hidden

#487713 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Aww your getting vicious. You know, when you came to Topix seversl months ago, you made a claim that you had an illegitimate baby, Ladilulu had an abortion, same story, really. both children were male too. You have been using phrases that Ladi used too. Ladi also threw fits when we said the pill was an abortifacient. Hmmm. You were on Topix 24-7 several months, just like Ladi. Posters should know this, because you make things up.
You are despicable!!! Your main motive to bringing up Rose's business in this forum is to discredited her in this forum.You act as tho your life is picture perfect! Again...this forum is NOT a birth control forum and NO ONE here gives a hoot what goes on in a different forum.You continue to sling her name through the mud when you have been asked by her to leave her along and to stop.Your actions shows that you are no Christian and your a ver poor example for any Catholic to try and bring anyone to your church.

Location hidden

#487714 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
And another thing, you got soooo upset that we called Ladi's baby Dereck. Too upset, enough to make people wonder about YOU.
Delusional...

Location hidden

#487715 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Now I see why you left the Church. Why don't you be for abstinence? That is what a mother would do. The pill causes abortions rose. Scientists and doctors agree that it does. I really think you get your ideas from the secular media, and from those pro abort so called women who filled your head full of evil .Many Catholic women who used birth control have come back to the Church and repented, if you don't repent, rose remember what Our Lady of Fatima told the three little children, that many souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh. Maybe you need to talk to a priest, my church is all about forgiveness and we won't bite. catholicscomehome.org
And maybe you should talk to your priest and show him all the cruel and spiteful post that you post on Topix to Rose...better yet open your Bible and look for that Fatima section that you claim is in the Bible. that should keep you busy for awhile....

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#487716 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus would be repulsed at how his "One True Church" has corrupted the souls of many people through out time. He would be repulsed of the arrogants,ignorace,pridefulnes s and lies of his so called followers of HIS CHURCH...
OMG! Having a bad day are you?

Well lil Sara, 1.2 Billion can't be wrong, now can they.

Here clam down, take a chill pill. Close your eyes and say a prayer it will help.

Have a blessed evening ALL!
:)

Location hidden

#487717 Nov 3, 2013
marge wrote:
beware of Roseze, hee hee:)
meaning???

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487718 Nov 3, 2013
I doubt that there were any women who were ministers in the early days of Christianity, as the supposed Gnostic literature insinuates.

Back then it was a man's world. Judaism was all about male theologians and that brushed off directly on Christianity. There is nothing that indicates women were Christian theologians at any time in those early centuries whatsoever.

NOTHING!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487719 Nov 3, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of "us." No one but you called June such names.
No, Jesus does not want you to make excuses for attacking another with such unkindness.
Be a man and apologize to June for such nasty words. Make Jesus smile.
she posts 'round the clock attacks on innocent people.... many who are as old as her and find peace and comfort in believing in God. She strives to take away from them their comfort and peace so they'll hurt inside. I find that being an act of a pathetic loser.
Believe me, I have thick skin. I could care less what anyone says to me. I've faced a helluva lot worse souls than June in my life. I'm too content in my religion to get rattled about that. I was thinking of other believers on here that are retired sincerely want peace thru their faith.
I mean, enough is enough. we get it. you don't accept God. you think we're stupid for believing in God. you want us to stop believing in God. And if we don't, you're going to taunt us until you take your last breath.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487720 Nov 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is not for happy people, but sufferers.
You would not put a torture device around your neck as a symbol of hope it you were happy. The true Christian is a sadomasochist like Jesus. He heralds suffering as a path to heaven and his own suffering as an example to others.
Why do people suffer? Because they are living selfishly. They reap what they sow, but can not accept that. They want an easy way out. That is the forgiveness of Jesus. Of course it does not work, if the cure worked once would be enough. No they need to be forgiven all the time, to suppress the ill-feelings they have about themselves. The church calls this hope. Hope for people that wasted their lives in selfish pursuit.
These people exist, the church is simply a parasite feeding on their guilt. They know how to feed the guilt feelings and then harvest on them. Like a drug dealer offers release to people and profits from the following enslavement.
Christianity goes with a slave society in which people suffer and seek relief of suffering. It is meant to keep the slaves in check by offering them an example of a God that accepts the same hardship. If God can not save himself, what hope is there for me? None! The only hope lies in the hereafter says Jesus. That is why it was the Roman state ideology, to keep all those colonized people pacified.
It's all nonsensical mythology.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487721 Nov 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
1.2 Billion can't be wrong, now can they.
YES ... they can.

I suggest you keep in mind that when the emperor Constantine made Catholicism the only legal religion is the empire, people lost their rights to practice their own religions. They either conformed or were put to tortured and put death. So the numbers of Catholics indicates nothing but centuries of brutality and mayhem.

The high numbers don't mean what you picture in your arrogant frame of mind.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487722 Nov 3, 2013
or were tortured and put to death
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#487723 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus would be repulsed at how his "One True Church" has corrupted the souls of many people through out time. He would be repulsed of the arrogants,ignorace,pridefulnes s and lies of his so called followers of HIS CHURCH...
What Jesus? Even if this character existed, Jesus was no good either. The guy himself was a misfit telling others moral stories. duuuuh.

His stories are all about self-glorifying himself. He is all-powerful, but to what good use did he use his powers? None. He could have destroyed the Roman empire and given peoples their freedom back, instated true justice on earth. He did nothing of the kind. He only tells people that they must accept hardship. He himself gives the example by letting himself be tortured. What a bummer.

If you pray to such a God, you solicit for slavery.
And that is why the Romans created this ideology.

So do not tell what Jesus would have done. We know that he would have let himself be tortured and killed. The "all-powerful" but lazy God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#487724 Nov 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Having a bad day are you?
Well lil Sara, 1.2 Billion can't be wrong, now can they.
Here clam down, take a chill pill. Close your eyes and say a prayer it will help.
Have a blessed evening ALL!
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FG9T8UmN6VYXX
Thew fullness of the faith (c meaning of catholic) is not measured by numbers but by the inclusion and adherence to the deposit of faith

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web