Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
470,321 - 470,340 of 533,345 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Protestant theologians teach the Protestant followers what they want them to believe ... and Catholic theologians teach the Catholic followers what they want them to believe ... and the two factions continue to fight.

Religion is NUTS!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that what you are saying was the works of Christians....
Many people would be surprised to learn that infant baptism practised by the denominations, has its roots firmly set in paganism. Centuries prior to Christianity, heathens worldwide had their children purified by water (baptised), to remove the inherited stain of sin. The belief in Original Sin is heathen, and infant baptism a heathen rite that the early Roman Catholic Church adopted. Further, most of the traditions and rites within the Roman Catholic Church are heathen, and these rites continue in the daughters of the Roman Catholic Church, the denominations, including the baptism of infants. Even when the denominations baptise adults, the doctrine of Original Sin remains, such as with the Calvinists who have taken this even further. With Calvinism the error deepens where they deny the cleansing power of scriptural baptism, making it an outward sign or symbol of one's inner faith.
The system of infant baptism, came from pagan Rome, from the earliest time it was an initiation ceremony into the Sun God. This ceremony has remained, the Sun now being the Son.
You are correct in that baptism came from Paganism ... but the Catholics changed the format to suit their own beliefs, as they did with every other ritual that they took from other religions.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Baptism

Baptism rituals were originally centered on motherhood and the maternal prerogative of name-giving. Mothers pronounced their infants’ names while squirting them with milk from their breasts.

When the church adopted infant baptism, the ritual was promptly taken out of the hands of mothers and placed in the hands of priests, who claimed that all children were demonic “children of darkness” as a result of passing through the female body and inheriting original sin; and this demonism could only be exorcised by the church’s baptism. 3 Far from being blessed by motherhood, pregnant women were told that they carried in their bodies “the enemy of God, the object of his hatred and malediction, and the shrine of the demon.” It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The dreadful Augustinian theory of the damnation of unbaptized dead infants shows that the greatest doctors in the Church are not without redoubtable ambivalence….

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
not to get into a serious debate with a deceptive snake, but fyi.. the Church Jesus started has no other option then to be run by sinners. Who else is available?
Theologians taught people that they were evil sinners. That is HOW they kept people in mental bondage to the church. They taught that only through the church could "sin" be cleansed.

Do you GET it???

They owned the minds of the people and stole their money at the same time.

observe the wealth of the pope, and unless you choose to stay blind ... you will see!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built no denomination..
If that is true, why are you of a Protestant denomination?
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you plan to once again join Protestantism or Atheism, where you can once again be intolerant of the Catholic religion???
You PHONY!!!
:)
June

catholicism(small c) is inclusive of RCC, Protestantism, Atheism, and a lot of other isms....

Your denial does of Catholicism does not make this untrue in myself.

Your intolerance, is it a form of denial?

Hmmm....
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
.And,WRONG again.
I think anything ..most especially abstinence ..But lacking that ..contraception not including IUD..That PREVENTS babies,being killed by their mothers,is,a GOOD THING .
Many CATHOLICS,agree and use it ..
You disagree ..I get that knit ..
You insist on making disagreement personal ..I don't .
I can disagree and still get along with people ..
You???????
Those Catholics are committing a mortal sin. Yes, they are. Do you remember what a mortal sin is? Those pro aborts were laughing at you , you are so naivete that they really took advantage of you and used you to upset the pro life posters. You willingly turned your back on Jesus. You refuse to receive the Eucharist , you were taught that the Eucharist is Jesus. Now don't say you weren't taught that. How could you refuse to receive Him? You are so sensitive when someone disagrees with you that you play a little game and try to get others to report the person who *hates* you, no one really hates you rose by the way.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did! I suggested you are intolerant.
And furthermore the imaginary god of your worship is just like you. His image denies those who are not Catholic entry into "heaven."
You and your image of a god make an intolerant pair.
June

Suggest away reality. Its okay with me.

I choose compassion, which overrides intolerance.

I must go now. Lots of reading and prayers. Good night.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

He gave power to be sons of God -- that is, to be transformed in God -- only to those who are born, not of blood

-- that is, not of natural constitution and temperament -- neither of the will of the flesh

-- that is, of the free will of natural capacity and ability -- still less of the will of man

-- wherein is included every way and manner of judging and comprehending with the understanding.

He gave power to none of these to become sons of God, but only to those that are born of God -- that is,to those who, being born again through grace, and dying first of all to everything that is of the old man, are raised above themselves to the supernatural, and receive from God this rebirth and adoption, which transcends all that can be imagined.

He that is not born again in the Holy Spirit will not be able to see this kingdom of God,which is the state of perfection; and to be born again in the Holy Spirit in this life is to have a soul most like to God in purity,having in itself no admixture of imperfection, so that pure transformation can be wrought in it through participation of union,albeit not essentially.

Ascent of Mt Carmel Saint John of the Cross

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Preachers often say that Jesus loves everybody. But that is just before they ADD ... only if you belong to OUT denomination.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

October 2, 2013 · 12:01 am

Watchtower Society Scandal involving Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

JW LEAKS has published court documents relating to the removal of the body of elders in the Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses (California, USA), the seizing of control of millions of dollars of congregation assets by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, and the related RICO Enterprise civil lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase Bank et al.

In 2010 the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York seized control of millions of dollars of prime real estate assets belonging to the Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, California, by forcefully removing the body of elders and dispersing the congregation. Money invested by the congregation was also removed from their bank accounts by Watchtower representatives. Those within the congregation that objected to this were threatened with disfellowshipping. Those congregation members who actually spoke up against the scandal were later disfellowshipped.

Allegations of corruption, collusion, banking fraud, and a “money laundering scheme” have since been leveled against the Watchtower Tower Bible and Tract Society of New York, their lawyers, and their bankers.

Included are the most recent court documents dated between June 12, 2013 and September 23, 2013.

http://jwleaks.org/

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains, Confrint, Preston and all other pastors require their listeners to be stupid. Honestly. Forced stupidity is the only thing fueling the born again movement.
Ask Confrint these truthful and accurate questions and you'll get a silent response or a lie in return.
"if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?"
They will run away and hope you'll forget about it or shrug their shoulders in your face.
How about this one: "if the Bible is all that's willed by the Lord on His ministry, how come He didn't leave us with a list of Biblical Books? How come it took a series of councils in the 4th century by the Catholic Church to establish a canon"?
The answer you'll get from these phonies is silence. They absolutely rely on deception to believe their brand of Christianity and to keep their careers and reputations.
Wake up and smell the Rose! Lol
You said..if the Roman Catholic Church corrupted Christianity, how come Christians before 313 AD believed in the Eucharist, infant Baptism, Sacramental Priesthood and Confession as well as prayer to the deceased?" My answer....(your not gonna like it) IS BECAUSE THEY WERE ORTHODOX NOT CATHOLICS..

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
He gave power to be sons of God -- that is, to be transformed in God -- only to those who are born, not of blood
-- that is, not of natural constitution and temperament -- neither of the will of the flesh
-- that is, of the free will of natural capacity and ability -- still less of the will of man
-- wherein is included every way and manner of judging and comprehending with the understanding.
He gave power to none of these to become sons of God, but only to those that are born of God -- that is,to those who, being born again through grace, and dying first of all to everything that is of the old man, are raised above themselves to the supernatural, and receive from God this rebirth and adoption, which transcends all that can be imagined.
He that is not born again in the Holy Spirit will not be able to see this kingdom of God,which is the state of perfection; and to be born again in the Holy Spirit in this life is to have a soul most like to God in purity,having in itself no admixture of imperfection, so that pure transformation can be wrought in it through participation of union,albeit not essentially.
Ascent of Mt Carmel Saint John of the Cross
Preach, preach, preach ... blah, blah, blah.

Do you (by any chance) believe that a god will save you and reject others???

New day ... same old self-serving sermon!!!
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar....your pope approved Bible says in Mt 16:18 "church" means any congregation that follows the teachings of Christ...
The National Council of Churches say you are lying....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination..
The Bible says you are lying...Christ referred not to any Catholic churches in Rev...because there were none...
From your post above: "....they say the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination.."

The Catholic Church is NOT a denomination, never was never will be! The Catholic Church is the Universal Church that Christ established. All others are "denominations".

There is ONE LORD!
PPM

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Suggest away reality. Its okay with me.
I choose compassion, which overrides intolerance.
If you were full of compassion, you would believe that all people in all religions would go to heaven, and that the creator would welcome all souls ... stained or not ... period!

But your religion is only about what's in it for YOU!!! You might periodically feel a little prickle of conscience ... but in the end you agree with your image of a god that others deserve to go to hell for not believing as YOU believe!

You are a pompous ass!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
.And,WRONG again.
I think anything ..most especially abstinence ..But lacking that ..contraception not including IUD..That PREVENTS babies,being killed by their mothers,is,a GOOD THING .
Many CATHOLICS,agree and use it ..
You disagree ..I get that knit ..
You insist on making disagreement personal ..I don't .
I can disagree and still get along with people ..
You???????
Rose...you would do best to not reply to this person who is obviously harassing you again....it is clear that she is projecting.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONE LORD!
HALLELUJAH ... PRAISE ye "JEHOVAH!"

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>...(your not gonna like it) IS BECAUSE THEY WERE ORTHODOX NOT CATHOLICS..
How silly! Of course they were Catholics.

You want to claim your church is holy, when history bespeaks of vicious brutality all the way through!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 min Hebrewsunite 8,193
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 5 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••