Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#487596 Nov 3, 2013
Guy Fawkes, Catholic hero.

Protestant scourge.

But he made for a great holiday.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487597 Nov 3, 2013
Correction
Tat the,spirits,Be gone in Jesus,name ..not mine
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#487598 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
no more are converting to Islam today than any other period. Islam clearly takes some Judeo- Christian attributes and combines them with man made theology by some guy who said he was a prophet.
so what you have are many good moral aspects of Islam and many bad ones.
I know many Muslims who live godly moral lives. They take a moment each day to worship the one God of Abraham. That's the same God that created me. Many Christians don't live their religion daily like Muslims do.
You have many good moral aspects of Islam/Christianity?Judaism and many bad ones.

I just can't find any evidence that there's a "peaceful God" who makes the Abrahamic religions so "peaceful."

No one ever died for my God, FSM

Ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487599 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>He was taking instruction to be Catholic when he died.
No he,wasn't ...not according even to Catholic website,.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487600 Nov 3, 2013
In a sense the Jehovah's Witnesses believe in reincarnation ... albeit it's just a very short trip.

They believe the chosen few will incarnate back to earth in the end times ... end of story.

Humans are funny creatures indeed! Not great at fortune-telling, but possibly deserving of an A for stupidity!

:)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487601 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Correction
Tat the,spirits,Be gone in Jesus,name ..not mine
I suggest you stop bossing Jesus around by telling him which evil spirits he must chase away and which ones he must draw to you as holy beings.

I suggest that even imaginary gods probably get tired of being told what they believe and what they did for entertainment in their past-times.

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487602 Nov 3, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
You have many good moral aspects of Islam/Christianity?Judaism and many bad ones.
I just can't find any evidence that there's a "peaceful God" who makes the Abrahamic religions so "peaceful."
Ramen
AWWW quit bragging! Pasta ain't no hell either!

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487603 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No he,wasn't ...not according even to Catholic website,.
Now kiddies ... calm down! The god of the Protestants and Catholics and Muslims is a Jew.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487604 Nov 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The Catholic church is the biggest deceiver of mankind. I hope you will go to the nearest Church of Christ and learn the truth and respond to that truth through baptism, as this will make you a child of God, and then your life will be right with God. There is one church in the bible that Jesus built, that church is the Church of Christ. The Church that Jesus built was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people in the crowd asked Peter what shall we do to be saved, and Peter replied repent and be baptized. That day the church that Jesus said he would build was open and God added 3,000 souls to the church that day. The Church of Christ has been around since that day in 33AD and some insist that we came about due to the Restoration movement and that's simply isn't true. There have been Churches of Christ throughout the world, even in England in the 14 and 1500's which this alone proves the restoration untrue as the day being the beginning of the Churches of Christ. We are that church spoken of in the bible and no other church worships as we do, as we worship as the bible commands, and this is what makes us the true church of the bible. So I urge you to change your life of worshipping in vain and start your life over as a Christian as God would have you to, take care and my prayers are with you.
sorry man, you guys showed up a little late in the game. The title 'Church of Christ' is already taken. Its the Catholic Church. Catholic is word that means 'Universal', its describing the Church of Christ. For centuries the one universal Church was simply known as the Church of Christ.
I don't doubt your sincere zeal for the Lord, but it is common knowledge that your new church of christ is a cult in every sense of the word. Very very ignorant when it comes to basic truths.
www.ewtn.com/library/Doctrine/subsistit.htm

This is what one of the students of the Apostle John wrote about the Church of Christ in 100 AD
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"

wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatious_of_Antioch
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487605 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think birth control is,a,sin ...
But the pope does, and he has his "favorite" scriptures in his bible to prove it.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487606 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop bossing Jesus around by telling him which evil spirits he must chase away and which ones he must draw to you as holy beings.
I suggest that even imaginary gods probably get tired of being told what they believe and what they did for entertainment in their past-times.
Christianity gives people a sense of peace. Many religions in general give people peace. Yet your legacy will be one of a mean old loser, who spent her last few yrs on earth trying to snatch that peace from people like Rose. Are you proud of that?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487607 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO CARES???
You just don't GET it ... do you???
If you were born and raised as a Muslim, you would believe that Christians are evil and doomed to spend eternity in Islam's hell!
Religion is all about into which culture you were born and in turn brain-washed.
No god is informing you that you are right and the Muslims are wrong. That indoctrination lives only in your head ... period!!!
I suggest you get OVER your self and your own importance.
Such ignorance is NOT bliss!
True, I would likely have been a Muslim if i was forced into it by society (at gun point).
But Im not. I could be an Atheist like you if I would have done terrible things in my life and tried to run from God out of fear.
concerned in Brasil

Gleichen, Canada

#487608 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed he was because his (later) writings reflected a Catholic. His early writings were recycled protestant propaganda. my bad
You are such a dumb dumb, Lutherans consider themselves Catholic and recite the Apostles creed every Sunday and thus declare such.
As do Anglicans, which C.S. Lewis was.

C.S. Lewis Rejected the Denomination called the Roman Catholic Church. As do I

C.S. Lewis considered himself as I do a little c catholic.

I.E. he believed as I do that we as christians, disciples of Jesus belong to the his universal church.

If we are to follow your dumb dumb thinking and we are to miss use words as you do then Universal Studios is actually Catholic Studios and Rome owns a movie Studio.

Do yourself a favor take a 4 years off and go get an education.

Its one thing to ask questions but to pretend and lie as you do that you actually studied these subjects as you have showen in your posts ........just shows you are fool.
concerned in Brasil

Gleichen, Canada

#487609 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians seem to fill their selves with pride when they state "I'm working for the LORD" ... meaning Jesus.
But they seem to overlook the fact that within the theology Jesus was working for his father ADONAI or Elohim or Jehovah or (whatever name the Jews used for a title.) To spare yet more confusion ... I'll use the word ADONAI.
So if you (as Christians) are working for the Lord Jesus, you should be also supporting Jesus' father ADONAI.
There shall be no other gods but Jesus' father ADONAI!
Let's hear it now Christians ... PRAISE ye ADONAI!
You just won't do it ... will you??? You insist on using that no-name word "God."
No Christians were taught by Jesus to pray in this WAY, God the Father's will b done not mine.

By being a disciple of Jesus one is a follower of Jesus and He only did as he saw the father do.

You are like that liam dumb dumb, you pretend you know what Christianity is but have studied it in the least,

BTW Dan Brown don't count.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487610 Nov 3, 2013
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a dumb dumb, Lutherans consider themselves Catholic and recite the Apostles creed every Sunday and thus declare such.
I.E. he believed as I do that we as christians, disciples of Jesus belong to the his universal church.
If we are to follow your dumb dumb thinking and we are to miss use words as you do then Universal Studios is actually Catholic Studios and Rome owns a movie Studio.
Its one thing to ask questions but to pretend and lie as you do that you actually studied these subjects as you have showen in your posts ........just shows you are fool.
You come across as a man with an enormous ego.
Anyway, you protestant, evangelical, born again or whatever title you label yourselves, already had a chance to save me from Catholicism. I actually WANTED to be what you are. Thanks be to God I recognized the deceit coming from your camp and i turned and went to the Catholic Church where they don't require their members to submit to stupidity.
So boast all you want about being smarter than everyone else. To me, its revealed in your personality that Jesus Christ is not present.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487611 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
No Christians were taught by Jesus to pray in this WAY, God the Father's will b done not mine.
By being a disciple of Jesus one is a follower of Jesus and He only did as he saw the father do.
You are like that liam dumb dumb, you pretend you know what Christianity is but have studied it in the least,
BTW Dan Brown don't count.
If you were the face of Christianity, i wouldn't be Christian. You call me a dumb dumb for that? lol
You twisted, turned and ran around bible verses the last time we conversed when my name was Clay. I was puzzled how you convinced yourself that you are so smart, yet looked really stupid to everyone else.
How about you continue worshiping your Bible and get out of the business of translating it. The Apostles revealed the faith already....we don't need some dude in 21st century Canada trying to play prophet with part of the Bible. Get lost.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#487612 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
And you can believe all you want that you belong to the universal Church, it doesnt mean you do. You're not an authority on scripture just because you say you are. None of you are Pastors, Bishops, Elders and deacons simply because you say you are either.

You are no different than Canada saying they are Americans; and telling us what our Constitution is saying.
Nothing in your theology is remotely close to the early Church. Do you have the Mass? nope. Do you have the sacramental priesthood? nope. Do you Baptize infants? nope
So just keep pretending your KJV fell out of the sky for you to decipher your own theology; keep mumbling roman roman roman with vengence; keep reciting bible verses until your blue in the face. You only fool yourself with your pride and arrogance leading the way.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487613 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> I prayed that the spirits,causing dissension would be gone .
I don't think birth control is,a,sin ...I was commenting to the poster who thinks the CATHOLUCS using BC are,sinning
Birth Control is a sin, a mortal sin. Its such a grave sin puts many at risk of hell. birth control is part of the devil's plan to trick women into spiritual slavery. Some say birth control is part of the anti Christ.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487614 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To put faith in the existence of Satan is to worship that belief as a reality.
You are a Satan-worshipper, as are all those who put faith in the existence of Satan.
June

Because a mountain exists, does not mean that I worship the belief that the mountain is real.

I have seen and heard angels and demons. They exist, but I do not worship them.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487615 Nov 3, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen
GRD

The question is that peace is achieved by justice, and in order to be at peace are you living a selfish egocentric life, or have you died to the Will of God, which brings eternal peace?(God is the Just Judge of Creation.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1