Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646709 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487560 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are most welcome ..I pray as,you know once a week on here ..But a,lot more by myself ..
You both are in my prayers .
GOD BLESS you both
A Jehovah's Witness was at my door yesterday.

He no-doubt prays for what he believes is YOUR spiritual blindness.

His little pamphlet reads "Jehovah hates death, He longs to bring back those who are in his memory and to see them live on earth again."

It seems that unless YOU become a Jehovah's Witness, YOU are doomed, as YOU are NOT in Jehovah's memory.

Silly people do all the talking for their own images of gods that live as fantasy ... ONLY in their own imaginations.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487561 Nov 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When I said projecting I wasn't talking about faiths..
Forum are all faith-based. You have faith in your idea that other people are "projecting" and when you explain your ideas, you never "project."

I have faith that religion is all based on fantasy and you have faith that yours is the REAL-deal while only other religions are based on fantasy.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487562 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CD LEWIS conversion was,from a,skeptic to a Christian.
I do not BElieve He was a Catholic ..clay .
His wife was and was on his way to become Catholic but died.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487563 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
Author G. K Chesterton was an atheist, occult member, Anglican protestant and finally Roman Catholic.(Not a very popular title in 20th century England.)
His investigative study of early Church writings and logic led him into the Catholic Church. He once uttered "those awful keys". Realizing that the Bishop of Rome was a ticket to certain death and the men who stood up and accepted that office were true heroes to the faith, he realized his Anglican faith was just but a cheap imitation of the true Church and was received into the Catholic Church later in life.
His writings would later influence other notable converts from atheism and protestantism, like C S Lewis.
My husband loves the EWTN show about Chesterton.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487565 Nov 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
At times it appears that you are answering a completely different post. First this is not preaching. It is not a sermon. It is apologetics.
Your every post defends your own religion as truth and puts down other religions as false.

Concerning religion, apologetics is simply another term for defending and sermonizing your own dogmas as being based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

apologetics

noun

plural noun: apologetics

reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487566 Nov 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ built no denomination..
Do you believe that "includes" the denomination that you constantly defend???

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487567 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If they atrxcommitting sin..That is between them and God .
Then why are you praying for other people's supposed "sins" to be corrected?

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487568 Nov 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Please forgive us for our sins.
I don't believe that humans sin against the will of a god, as I don't believe in the existence of any of those human-created images of gods whatsoever.

I suggest it's not polite of you to insinuate that I am a sinner, just because you believe that YOU are a sinner.

If you have respect for others, you will keep your personalized sermons in your own head.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487569 Nov 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your effort and compassion Nick. It is appreciated.
Not by me!

I suggest that until they accept a Muslim's prayers as being as important as their own prayers ... they won't see how self-centered their own prayers are in the broad scope of the issue.

Muslims no doubt believe that Christians are spiritually blind, and vice versa.

That's religion for you ... self-centered to the core of its nasty being.

Christians believe that Muslims are sinners for not being Christian and Muslims believe that Christians are sinners for not being Muslim.

Those prayers that they plaster on the forum stem from vanity, and nothing BUT vanity.

"Bless me and my religion Lord ... as you know WE are right and others are wrong."

YUCK!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487570 Nov 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Be assured, there IS a devil.
His "mythical" name in Islam is Shaytan. When you reject Islam as the only holy religion ... Shaytan is waiting to burn you for eternity in Islam's hell ... and don't you forget it!!!

Aren't you happy that religion works BOTH ways ... not just YOUR way???

Silly people!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487571 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
Author G. K Chesterton was an atheist, occult member, Anglican protestant and finally Roman Catholic.(Not a very popular title in 20th century England.)
His investigative study of early Church writings and logic led him into the Catholic Church. He once uttered "those awful keys". Realizing that the Bishop of Rome was a ticket to certain death and the men who stood up and accepted that office were true heroes to the faith, he realized his Anglican faith was just but a cheap imitation of the true Church and was received into the Catholic Church later in life.
His writings would later influence other notable converts from atheism and protestantism, like C S Lewis.
Many Christians are now converting to Islam.

Do you care to discuss the HOLINESS of THAT venture from the Muslim point of view?

I guess NOT ... HUH???

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487572 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CD LEWIS conversion was,from a,skeptic to a Christian.
I do not BElieve He was a Catholic ..clay .
AWWW ... I suggest you let him have that one for "his" team, and you take another one for your team.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487573 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I found on the subject says,Lewis,Was,NOT Catholic .
Not sure where that idea,came from ..
On his death-bed he could have even been of any mindset ... as previously he had been a little of this and a little of that.

Nobody knows what he was thinking just before he died.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487574 Nov 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why do Protestants become Catholic?
For the same reason Catholics become Protestants. They believe they are at last on the "righteous" one and only path of absolute truth.

How funny!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487575 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were full of compassion, you would believe that all people in all religions would go to heaven, and that the creator would welcome all souls ... stained or not ... period!
But your religion is only about what's in it for YOU!!! You might periodically feel a little prickle of conscience ... but in the end you agree with your image of a god that others deserve to go to hell for not believing as YOU believe!
You are a pompous ass!
June

It is to hard for me to believe that those whose religion that worships Satan will go to heaven.

However, the catholic faith includes sinners; murderers, child-molesters, liars, and all the scum of the earth, hypocrites, homosexuals,..., anyone who seeks reconciliation with God.(That was emphasized in today's homily at Mass, by the way....) And if we of the catholic faith aren't compassionate with these people, God will be very disappointed in us.

(By the way, I attend a church that has all of the above in it, including former atheists(smile)....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487576 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,a,lady who is,Pentecostal ..And lives,Jesus,very much .
How funny. She's a Pentecostal ... not a Jew ... and yet she lives Jesus ... very much.

Also she's a born-again sinner ... yet she lives Jesus ... very much!

I wonder if in private swears up a storm when she becomes flustered or harshly judges others when things don't go her way? My guess is, she's a mortal human ... period.

It ain't always as it appears from the outside.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487577 Nov 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It is to hard for me to believe that those whose religion that worships Satan will go to heaven.
To put faith in the existence of Satan is to worship that belief as a reality.

You are a Satan-worshipper, as are all those who put faith in the existence of Satan.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487578 Nov 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
(By the way, I attend a church that has all of the above in it, including former atheists(smile)....
Unless you become a Muslim, you will burn for eternity in Islam's hell. It seems that Shaytan is even more cruel than Satan.(smile)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487579 Nov 3, 2013
I don't put faith in Satan as being real, as I am more frightened of Shaytan. So I think I'll become a Muslim ... just to be on the safe side.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487580 Nov 3, 2013
Theologians in all cultures created their own personalized myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brahma is the creator of man. We are told in the Yajurveda that the god produced from himself the soul, which is accordingly a part of his own being, and clothed it with a body-a process which is reported in the reverse order in the Hebrew Genesis, where Elohim creates first the body and then breathes the life into the body, which makes of man a living soul.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod09.ht...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web