Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#487575 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were full of compassion, you would believe that all people in all religions would go to heaven, and that the creator would welcome all souls ... stained or not ... period!
But your religion is only about what's in it for YOU!!! You might periodically feel a little prickle of conscience ... but in the end you agree with your image of a god that others deserve to go to hell for not believing as YOU believe!
You are a pompous ass!
June

It is to hard for me to believe that those whose religion that worships Satan will go to heaven.

However, the catholic faith includes sinners; murderers, child-molesters, liars, and all the scum of the earth, hypocrites, homosexuals,..., anyone who seeks reconciliation with God.(That was emphasized in today's homily at Mass, by the way....) And if we of the catholic faith aren't compassionate with these people, God will be very disappointed in us.

(By the way, I attend a church that has all of the above in it, including former atheists(smile)....
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487576 Nov 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,a,lady who is,Pentecostal ..And lives,Jesus,very much .
How funny. She's a Pentecostal ... not a Jew ... and yet she lives Jesus ... very much.

Also she's a born-again sinner ... yet she lives Jesus ... very much!

I wonder if in private swears up a storm when she becomes flustered or harshly judges others when things don't go her way? My guess is, she's a mortal human ... period.

It ain't always as it appears from the outside.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487577 Nov 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
It is to hard for me to believe that those whose religion that worships Satan will go to heaven.
To put faith in the existence of Satan is to worship that belief as a reality.

You are a Satan-worshipper, as are all those who put faith in the existence of Satan.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487578 Nov 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
(By the way, I attend a church that has all of the above in it, including former atheists(smile)....
Unless you become a Muslim, you will burn for eternity in Islam's hell. It seems that Shaytan is even more cruel than Satan.(smile)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487579 Nov 3, 2013
I don't put faith in Satan as being real, as I am more frightened of Shaytan. So I think I'll become a Muslim ... just to be on the safe side.

:)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487580 Nov 3, 2013
Theologians in all cultures created their own personalized myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brahma is the creator of man. We are told in the Yajurveda that the god produced from himself the soul, which is accordingly a part of his own being, and clothed it with a body-a process which is reported in the reverse order in the Hebrew Genesis, where Elohim creates first the body and then breathes the life into the body, which makes of man a living soul.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod09.ht...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487581 Nov 3, 2013
It's amazing, how personalized indoctrination causes split-thinking.

Christians believe that the mythological Satan is real, yet they refuse to believe that Shaytan or all the other mythological devils in other religions are real.

If you don't see your own folly ... it's because you don't WANT to see it.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487582 Nov 3, 2013
Vishnu is expected to appear on a winged white horse to reward the virtuous, convert the sinners, and destroy all evil.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod09.ht...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487583 Nov 3, 2013
From what I have studied, all the ancient religions believed in evil entities on which the theologians in those religions attached specific names.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Raising the devil

Some scholars believe that the notion of a central supernatural embodiment of evil, as well as the notion of angels, first arose in Western monotheism when Judaism came into contact with the Persian religion of Zoroastrianism.

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/devil.htm...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487584 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christians are now converting to Islam.
Do you care to discuss the HOLINESS of THAT venture from the Muslim point of view?
I guess NOT ... HUH???
no more are converting to Islam today than any other period. Islam clearly takes some Judeo- Christian attributes and combines them with man made theology by some guy who said he was a prophet.
so what you have are many good moral aspects of Islam and many bad ones.
I know many Muslims who live godly moral lives. They take a moment each day to worship the one God of Abraham. That's the same God that created me. Many Christians don't live their religion daily like Muslims do.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487585 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
On his death-bed he could have even been of any mindset ... as previously he had been a little of this and a little of that.
Nobody knows what he was thinking just before he died.
He was taking instruction to be Catholic when he died.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487586 Nov 3, 2013
If you, as Christians, feel justified to threaten those in other religions with your supposed evil hell and devil ... then from my perception, it's only fair that you accept those same threats coming back to you from others in their religions.

Open your doors and allow the evil to flow in from other religions ... without your usual resistance.

To be fair, it should be give AND take!

Silly stuff indeed!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487587 Nov 3, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
no more are converting to Islam today than any other period.
WHO CARES???

You just don't GET it ... do you???

If you were born and raised as a Muslim, you would believe that Christians are evil and doomed to spend eternity in Islam's hell!

Religion is all about into which culture you were born and in turn brain-washed.

No god is informing you that you are right and the Muslims are wrong. That indoctrination lives only in your head ... period!!!

I suggest you get OVER your self and your own importance.

Such ignorance is NOT bliss!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487588 Nov 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>He was taking instruction to be Catholic when he died.
That doesn't mean that his conscience or his mind complied. The priest might have simply been talking to himself ... while the man was in his own frame of mind.

I knew of a woman who professed to be a Christian for many years, but she was not raised that way in her early formative years, as her parents had no religion, and often questioned that religion was not based on truth.

On her deathbed the woman "asked" the question ... "Do I believe in God???... to which one of her Christian worshippers replied ... "Of COURSE you believe in God!"

I suggest that the indoctrination of the formative years often takes hold just before death.

I knew of an man who was raised by strict Protestant-parents, who later became an Atheist. But before he died, he vented the feelings that maybe there is life after death.

He could have in his own way made peace with the image of a god that he denied for all those many years when he was an Atheist.

Who knows what goes on in the minds of other people?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#487589 Nov 3, 2013
The Catholic church is the biggest deceiver of mankind. I hope you will go to the nearest Church of Christ and learn the truth and respond to that truth through baptism, as this will make you a child of God, and then your life will be right with God. There is one church in the bible that Jesus built, that church is the Church of Christ. The Church that Jesus built was established in the year 33AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching and the people in the crowd asked Peter what shall we do to be saved, and Peter replied repent and be baptized. That day the church that Jesus said he would build was open and God added 3,000 souls to the church that day. The Church of Christ has been around since that day in 33AD and some insist that we came about due to the Restoration movement and that's simply isn't true. There have been Churches of Christ throughout the world, even in England in the 14 and 1500's which this alone proves the restoration untrue as the day being the beginning of the Churches of Christ. We are that church spoken of in the bible and no other church worships as we do, as we worship as the bible commands, and this is what makes us the true church of the bible. So I urge you to change your life of worshipping in vain and start your life over as a Christian as God would have you to, take care and my prayers are with you.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487590 Nov 3, 2013
Martin Luther also supposedly never had a death-bed conversion back to his Catholic religion ... but we will never know what was in his mind before he died.

He could have reconciled in his own mind to the religion of his childhood.

I believe it often occurs that way.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487591 Nov 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The Catholic church is the biggest deceiver of mankind.
From my perception, you are deceiving your self if you believe that your religion is the be-all and end-all concerning truth.

I suggest you stop being silly.

Your avatar "Working for the Lord" bespeaks of your silliness!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487592 Nov 3, 2013
Christians seem to fill their selves with pride when they state "I'm working for the LORD" ... meaning Jesus.

But they seem to overlook the fact that within the theology Jesus was working for his father ADONAI or Elohim or Jehovah or (whatever name the Jews used for a title.) To spare yet more confusion ... I'll use the word ADONAI.

So if you (as Christians) are working for the Lord Jesus, you should be also supporting Jesus' father ADONAI.

There shall be no other gods but Jesus' father ADONAI!

Let's hear it now Christians ... PRAISE ye ADONAI!

You just won't do it ... will you??? You insist on using that no-name word "God."

June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487593 Nov 3, 2013
I hope I don't have a death-bed conversion back to the two different religions of my childhood.

"Let me see now ... am I reincarnating, or am I going straight to either heaven or hell???

Hahahahaha

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487594 Nov 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you praying for other people's supposed "sins" to be corrected?
I prayed that the spirits,causing dissension would be gone .

I don't think birth control is,a,sin ...I was commenting to the poster who thinks the CATHOLUCS using BC are,sinning

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web