Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596106 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#487283 Nov 2, 2013
Repent ye, and believe the Gospel.

He called them to repent, not only of their former sins and vicious course of life, but of their bad principles and tenets, concerning a temporal kingdom of the Messiah; concerning merit and free will, justification by the works of the law, and salvation by their obedience to the ceremonies of it, and the traditions of the elders: these he exhorts them to change their sentiments about, and to relinquish them, and give into the Gospel scheme; which proclaims liberty from the law, peace, pardon, and righteousness by Christ, and salvation and eternal life by the free grace of God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#487284 Nov 2, 2013
I never believed in the existence of hell. I did for many years believe in the existence of heaven ... but that simple nonsense is a belief of my past.

I refuse to believe that a creator would have part in a plan where non-human animals and human animals go through such excruciating pain on a daily basis as to make the stomach go into an eternal knot!

You can take your false gods and nurture them where the sun doesn't shine.

I wiped my mind clean of all religion ... including yours ... and for that ... I am thankful.

Prince George, Canada

#487285 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
"The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"
It takes a GREEDY person to preach heaven for "SELF" and hell for others.

A VERY GREEDY person!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#487286 Nov 2, 2013
Repent ye, and believe the gospel.

These words may be regarded as a summary of the method of salvation. Repentance and faith are the conditions of admission into the Christian covenant. Repentance has a special reference to God the Father, and faith, to Jesus Christ the eternal Son. It is in the gospel that Christ is revealed to us as a Saviour; and therefore we find Jesus Christ, as the object of our faith, distinguished from the Father as the object of our repentance. Repentance of itself is not sufficient - it makes no satisfaction for the Law which we have broken; and hence, over and above repentance, there is required from us faith in the Gospel, wherein Christ is revealed to us as a propitiation for sin, and as the only way of reconciliation with the Father. Without faith repentance becomes despair, and without repentance faith becomes only presumption. Join the two together, and the faithful soul is borne onwards, like a well-balanced vessel, to the haven where it would be.
marge

Ames, IA

#487287 Nov 2, 2013
"THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED." 17From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Prince George, Canada

#487288 Nov 2, 2013
Christians want us to believe that a Christian hell exists ... but that all the other hells DON'T exist to in turn punish Christians.

Religion is beyond ludicrous!!!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#487289 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are YOUR words ... not mine.
I was raised to believe in the existence of a god by two loving parents that belonged to two different religions.
You ought to know about that type of confusion Robert F. After all ... you've been a Protestant, an Atheist and two times you've been a Catholic. And in between you dabbled in Buddhism.
:)
June

And don't forget about Hinduism, and Islam...(smiles)

Have a little compassion....Its the key to all good religious behavior.

Prince George, Canada

#487290 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
Repent ye, and believe the Gospel.
Would that be the Gnostic gospel, or the Muslim gospel, or the Jewish gospel, or the Hindu gospel, or the Buddhist gospel???

You have to be more specific god of earth ... if you want to reach your followers.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#487291 Nov 2, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#487292 Nov 2, 2013
marge wrote:
"THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SITTING IN DARKNESS SAW A GREAT LIGHT, AND THOSE WHO WERE SITTING IN THE LAND AND SHADOW OF DEATH, UPON THEM A LIGHT DAWNED." 17From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Now the GREEDY one is shouting, as in temper tantrum of righteousness!

It seems that as well as being blind ... god has gone deaf!

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#487293 Nov 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a little compassion....Its the key to all good religious behavior.
Well YEAH ... you and your belief in hell for others would know all ABOUT good religious behavior ... pompous ass!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#487294 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Men stray, but NOT the Church, because Jesus Christ and the Church are one! It is HIS CHURCH! Not ours! Matthew 16 confirms this when Our Lord said "upon this rock I will built MY CHURCH!!!HE is the vine and we are the branches!...... Until you (fully) believe, understand and accept this historical and biblical TRUTH, RoSesz, your spiritual life will continue to "spin round in the same (opinionated) circles" with the rest of the 42,100+ bible only "fundies" that rely upon "relative (editorialized) truth" of confusion and chaos!!!
The direction of the CHURCH MEN IN CHARGE ..HOJO you know exactly what
I meant ..I honestly don't THINK the Church was,meant to be either Secular power or Rich ...

And I think your Pope Francis ...And John Paul saw,that the POPES ..men..took it in the wrong direction ..

It's,hard to have a,conversation of something so serious if you try NOT TO UNDERSTAND..

THE CHURCH IS THE BODY OF BELIEVERS .. the bride is our Souls ..

But I was speaking OF WHAT YOU SAY IS THE VISIBLE CHURCH ...
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487295 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Ho Jo wrote
The Catholic Church was the only Christian Church until the Protestant Reformation in 1522 and it contains the
fullness of truth as revealed in sacred scripture and sacred tradition.
~~~
In your wildest dreams...you cold not make such a foolish declaration as you have just posted...
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ATTEMPTED TO SMUDGE AND DESECRATE THE GLORY OF GOD...
QUESTION
CAN YOU HONESTLY NAME ONE SIN...THAT CANNOT BE PLACED AT IT'S DOORSTEP..?
THERE IS NO COMPARISON....
NOTHING that declares the GLORY OF GOD;...
CAN BE FOUND IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
Psa 19:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
You are the foolish one. You are another one who won't see the truth. One day you will.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487296 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be calling Jesus a liar then. He said the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church, yet you suggest they 'strayed' from the truth on their own? Or perhaps a Pope corrupted it??
If one lie gets in, hell prevailed. One lie would cause the whole Church to crumble on the weight of that one lie.
(and no rose, I'm not talking about the individual lies of a Pope or Priest.)
We are assured by Christ through the Papacy that the conveying of truth would always be protected from error- even if a scoundrel of a man is holding the keys, they literally could not lead the Church astray.
Hmmmm. And,Peter said to the next guy...now you are,pope??

This,Papacy idea,split the Church centuries,later ...it seems ..That one man in the role OF HIGH PRIEST is not how the early Church worked ..
James was at the head of the first Church in Jerusalem ..others,a other Churches .

I don't think.any HIGH PRIEST ..POPE ..was,intended ...except Jesus .

But I was,going along with your premise in my.com ments ..

Your Church became a secular power
ALLOWED PERSECUTION OF JEWS ..

Lost secular power ..lost the exclusivity of religious,doctrine ..

I think God was,trying to tell THE MEN RUNNING IT something ...

The fact that the,Word was spread ..by other than priests shows this,..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#487297 Nov 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you claim you can preach Protestantism, while being a Jew just like Jesus in your heart ... you are treading on thin ice.
That is comparable to a Muslim claiming to preach Islamic doctrine while claiming to be a Jew at heart.
There is not ONE bit of difference.
~~~

YOU need to study the Bible and get your understanding adjusted...

Both the Jews and Arabs are descendents of Abraham...

The Jews are the descendents of Abraham through Isaac the Son of Promise

The Arabs are descendents of Abraham through Ismael the son of a bondmaid,bondwoman.

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

children of the bondwoman, AGAR THE ARABS, AND THE CHILDREN of the free, SARAH...

HAVE BEEN WARING OVER THE INHERITANCE OF ISRAEL FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS...

Gen 25:5 And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac. THE PROGENITOR OF THE JEWS...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487298 Nov 2, 2013
FROM.ALL I HAVE read of John Paul ...he,was trying to
Redress,past wrongs,....he was given a,long life and Papacy for a reason..

You people were greatly blessed by That ..yet you deny everything he was trying to do ..I don't get it ..

Do YOU think it's good hat former synagogues became Catholic property ...did God intend confiscation and forced conversion .

Jesus,said just the opposite ...preach...move on if you are,not believed .

And HE is NOT deserved His Chosen .

Thankfully the JEWS killed Jesus excuse was addressed by Vatican 2 and Benedict ...

It was still hanging around in the last century ...And had Been fir centuries,before it .

Hi You all think.what your CHURCH dies today it has,always done or taught ..it's NOT

Or Vatican 2 was a waste if effort ..John Paul's apologies were just nonsense ...Benedict was talkin about something that never existed ..

??????????
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#487299 Nov 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good morning June!
Of course I have a choice and free will. That was a figure of speech I said earlier.
I went to mass this morning and had the Eucharist. This bread is designed for people like you. Its spiritual nourishment.
Today btw is All Souls Day. Every minute in this world 100 people die. 20 will have died by the time I finish this sentence. You and I will be counted among those one day..(hopefully not today)
Most of those 100 heard the gospel and made a choice. Some might not have due to demographics and age. For them, the Loving God and perfect judge will decide their fate.
Are you saying that every Jewish child who was taught different than what you believe, or doesn't receive the Eucharist, that God will judge them less than you? Is that what you are saying?

Prince George, Canada

#487300 Nov 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing "anyone" to believe "anything"
But you would like to ... if only you COULD! And that is a FACT!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#487301 Nov 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU need to study the Bible and get your understanding adjusted...
Both the Jews and Arabs are descendents of Abraham...
The Jews are the descendents of Abraham through Isaac the Son of Promise
The Arabs are descendents of Abraham through Ismael the son of a bondmaid,bondwoman.
Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
children of the bondwoman, AGAR THE ARABS, AND THE CHILDREN of the free, SARAH...
HAVE BEEN WARING OVER THE INHERITANCE OF ISRAEL FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS...
Gen 25:5 And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac. THE PROGENITOR OF THE JEWS...
~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ASSUME THEIR GENTILE DYNASTY

INTO THE THE DYNASTY OF DAVID...and sit an anarchist INTO the dynasty of

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF JESUS CHRIST OF WHICH THERE IS NO END...

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,

upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to

establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#487302 Nov 2, 2013
So called religious authorities don't know any more about spirituality than you or I do. We can all read the same books they learned from, yet they know how to manipulate your mind and your future for their own benefit.

Do we really need somone to guide our minds, when we already know what they know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web