Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603254 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487102 Nov 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Christ built the Catholic church..that is a lie...so says your pope....so says the National Council of Churches..
You are a liar and have been so proven...
According to YOUR HIGHNESS ... what exactly came from the pen of a man named Jesus??? NOTHING!!!

You know you can't put your faith in the words written or spoken by men ... and all those supposed holy books were compiled by none other than MEN ... writing of their MANY imaginary saviors!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487103 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think June is looking for a Saviour to help her.
No question about it! Thanks Husker Du! Our Lord calls each one of us,(as Catholics) to pray for those who "persistently persecute" and condemn us.......... Agree????---agree!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#487104 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And which EVIL sources do YOU Blame???
I suggest it won't be anything to do with you or your group of believers.
:)
We all have a,sin nature,..And,for teens,peer pressure is,the,great influence ..along with these,videos of their HERO'S ..the,so called celebs,..

I do not envy any patent of a teen today ..

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487105 Nov 1, 2013
Every religion had saviors written into their dogmas.

What good would religion be to anyone without a savior to rescue them.

Even the dalai lama has a place where he can go for his salvation. It's known as Nirvana. He might not believe in a personalized god ... but because he believes he is enlightened ... he has become in his own mind the master of his own salvation. That equated to the idea that he saved his self.

Religion is goofy and cunning ... but I suggest it is all based on imagination.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#487106 Nov 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You accused me of lying. I ask you to show my words that proved your baseless accusation. You have nothing to say...
According to Atemcowboy, you did the same to him..
That makes you a liar.
You say Christ built the Catholic church..that is a lie...so says your pope....so says the National Council of Churches..
Distorting, twisting, manipulating, perverting,and mis-representing the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible that the Early Church Fathers gave to us over 1700 years ago is the "same as lying"!!!Add to this your "fictitious" man-made up Church History myths and you have the "entire bible only "legendary" package of lies and deceit!!! However you wouldn't have any idea as to what I am referring to because you and your other bible only "fundies" have been living the bible only lie for so long that you have actually begun to "believe it". I lived this "half-truth, half-heresy" contradicting, inconsistent (self-editorialized) Christianity for over 35 years before Jesus Christ through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit led me to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the One True Apostolic Universal Catholic Church that he initiated, established and formed over 2000 years ago!!!---All you have done Oxbow, ever since you have been on this forum--is to DECEIVE YOURSELF----- with your (anti-catholic bible only (self-editorial garbage) as you attempt to DECEIVE OTHERS!!!!----and the majority of those on this forum "know it"!!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487107 Nov 1, 2013
I could believe I am enlightened. That would be easy and emotionally fulfilling ... if I allowed it to occur ... but I won't.

A belief that is that easy in giving promises of absolute answers, is probably not worthy of attention.

I focus on asking questions.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487108 Nov 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a,sin nature
That stems from your religion.

I don't believe in sin as in offending gods.

I believe that we are mortals and mortals behave in mortal ways.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487109 Nov 1, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

It may startle some of the bible devotees to be told that their sacred book, instead of being a prompter to civilization and morals, is really a hindrance to those ends; and that consequently nations without bibles advance faster in these respects than those who are well supplied with the book.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487110 Nov 1, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

That India has become corrupted and sunk in morals since the introduction of the Christian bible, is admitted by the Rev. D. O. Allen, for twenty-five years a missionary in that country.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#487111 Nov 1, 2013
Religion teaches to strive for perfection.

The more that type of mindset occurs, the more people hide their weaknesses in dark shadows in the hope of not getting caught.

If that were not so, prisons would not be filled with those that claim to be religious.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#487112 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That stems from your religion.
I don't believe in sin as in offending gods.
I believe that we are mortals and mortals behave in mortal ways.
What is immoral behavior to you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487113 Nov 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distorting, twisting, manipulating, perverting,and mis-representing the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible that the Early Church Fathers gave to us over 1700 years ago is the "same as lying"!!!Add to this your "fictitious" man-made up Church History myths and you have the "entire bible only "legendary" package of lies and deceit!!! However you wouldn't have any idea as to what I am referring to because you and your other bible only "fundies" have been living the bible only lie for so long that you have actually begun to "believe it". I lived this "half-truth, half-heresy" contradicting, inconsistent (self-editorialized) Christianity for over 35 years before Jesus Christ through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit led me to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the One True Apostolic Universal Catholic Church that he initiated, established and formed over 2000 years ago!!!---All you have done Oxbow, ever since you have been on this forum--is to DECEIVE YOURSELF----- with your (anti-catholic bible only (self-editorial garbage) as you attempt to DECEIVE OTHERS!!!!----and the majority of those on this forum "know it"!!!!!
You accused me of lying. I ask you to show my words that proved your baseless accusation. You have nothing to say...

According to Atemcowboy, you did the same to him..
That makes you a liar.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#487114 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Posters, be aware of rosesez and seraphin. These two are falsely reporting.
Falsely reporting what?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487115 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus chose infallible men. Infallible men wrote the Bible. Infallible men wrote the Gospels.
Why do not believe these men? They certainly 'could' have errored on all those stories about Jesus... Yet you believe them? Why? They are men? You believe the writings of men? Thomas wrote his supposed gospel, not Jesus. Thomas was a man. His memory could have been confused. Why do you believe Thomas' memory?
Catholic encyclopedia:
A collection of writings which the Church of God has solemnly recognized as inspired.

The name is derived from the Greek expression biblia (the books), which came into use in the early centuries of Christianity to designate the whole sacred volume. In the Latin of the Middle Ages, the neuter plural for Biblia (gen. bibliorum) gradually came to be regarded as a feminine singular noun (biblia, gen. bibliae, in which singular form the word has passed into the languages of the Western world. It means "The Book", by way of eminence, and therefore well sets forth the sacred character of our inspired literature. Its most important equivalents are: "The Divine Library" (Bibliotheca Divina), which was employed by St. Jerome in the fourth century; "the Scriptures", "the Holy Scripture" — terms which are derived from expressions found in the Bible itself; and "the Old and New Testament", in which collective title, "the Old Testament" designates the sacred books written before the coming of Our Lord, and "the New Testament" denotes the inspired writings composed since the coming of Christ.

You are saying this is a lie. Why????!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#487116 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Why would I say something like that. And no, I was never a protestant. Baptized Catholic. Although I wanted to be protestant really bad. I wanted to be around all the chicks I knew at the mega church in the guilt free, hands free christianity. They were having all the fun..... Unfortunately I was exposed to the truth. Now there is responsibility on my part. To walk away from the Eucharist now would be the ultimate insult to Jesus. Only the Catholics on here could understand that.
CLAY .
The,reason why I keep replying .

I do not blame the,CATHOLIC church that a,20 year old,Catholc man ..lied, to a 16 year old Catholic girl with promises,they were getting married in a,few months,any way...And then very meanly told me to go
Find another guy. Sleep with them and make them THINK they were the father of his child .And in general acted really horribly ...in other ways ...

It was,not the fault of the CATHOLIC CHURCH that this CATHOLIC treated another Catholic this,way ..both of us,sinning ..one for live ..one for lust ..we were wrong ...BOTH OF US ...thing I'd ..our best friends ate still married to this day ...it was normal to get married after high school back then.

But when you accept like the PROTS influenced you ..I'm sorry it gets to me .. it SIN. in our natures..he evil one loves,to ruin the lives of young people ..AND I'M.SURE crackles with glee in abortion clinics..
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487117 Nov 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said Fatima is in the Bible...is that false reporting or do you have the book and chapter where I can read it?
There are a lot of Fatima books out there, buy one that is by Sister Lucia, well worth the money.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#487118 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of Fatima books out there, buy one that is by Sister Lucia, well worth the money.
You said it was in the bible. Book and chapter please..thanks
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487119 Nov 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a,new,..New,testament ..same,one ...
We,just don't stick out CHURCH between us,and,God
All versions,
.basic belief same
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
You don't believe the True Presence in the Eucharist. This is what divides protestants from Catholics. When the protestants believe again then they will be in communion with the Catholic Church.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487120 Nov 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it was in the bible. Book and chapter please..thanks
All you have to do is read Sister Lucia's books, you will understand, only till then. The Blessed Virgin kept appearing to Lucia until Lucia died in 2005. Lucia underlined everything the Virgin said in the bible.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#487121 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you stop insulting me by putting that damned "peace" symbol on your posts, I plan to ignore you ... you pompous Catholic ass!
June

I understand. Perhaps you would prefer the Arabic greeting instead of English?

Anyway, the Kingdom has been busy the last couple of years. I am deeply concerned over the beheading of non-Muslim foreign maids for being witches, and other contrived issues.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/13/...

But since your preference seems to always compare Christianity and Islam, I suppose you are happy about such things?

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/10/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr_SKY 84,400
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,676
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 27 Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web