Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487180 Nov 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that the human body does have a conscience energy that transcends this physical plane of existance into another unseen world.
IMO - this is not all that we "live".
That was the response I hoped you would give ... thank you.

Now ... to go further in your system of belief ... where do you believe "spirit" goes when it transcends the body?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487181 Nov 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And it does not require any affiliation to the RCC to achieve it, nor does it require a belief in Jesus either.
His teachings only refer to it.
So again ... you indicate that you believe the teachings came from Jesus. And then you wonder why I become confused by your posts?

You stated that nowhere was there anything written by Jesus, And that you don't know if he actually lived, and so on.

I suggest you are still mesmerized by some form of Gnostic teachings, but at any rate it's difficult to pin you down to any one way of believing, as your beliefs seem to swing from pillar to post.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#487182 Nov 1, 2013
WONDER HOW FAR THE WORLD HAS FALLEN INTO "WICKEDNESS"??

The APA’s latest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) now officially classifies pedophilia as a sexual orientation or preference instead of a disorder.

Our investigation into the report and statement reveals that the AFA and its American Family Radio network talk show host Sandy Rios were not fear-mongering. Text associated with the DSM did indeed use the words sexual orientation.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/41605-pedophil...

TAKE HEED - The Great Tribulation/Fourth Seal http://biblehub.com/hcsb/revelation/6.htm vs. 7,8/ 7 Trumpets http://biblehub.com/akjv/revelation/8.htm starting at ch. 8:2/Time of GOD'S Wrath Against "Wickedness" Zech. 5, Rev. 18, Daniel 8:19-25 http://biblehub.com/niv/daniel/8.htm /Time of Greatest Deception http://biblehub.com/niv/revelation/13.htm note vs 11-14, http://biblehub.com/niv/2_thessalonians/2.htm vs 8-12
http://diaconspiracyfiles.com/2009/05/17/bagg...

http://biblehub.com/john/14-29.htm

may - very soon - be upon us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487183 Nov 1, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Plato’s first term for the Trinity was in Greek—1. To Agathon, the supreme God or Father. 2. The Logos, which is the Greek term for Word. And, 3. Psyche, which the Greek Lexicon defines to mean “soul, spirit or ghost”—of course, the Holy Chost. Here we have the three terms of the Christian Trinity, Father, Word, and Holy Ghost, as plainly taught as language can express it, thus making Plato’s exposition of the Trinity and definition of its terms, published four hundred years B.C.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487184 Nov 1, 2013
Patriot wrote:
WONDER HOW FAR THE WORLD HAS FALLEN INTO "WICKEDNESS"??
Are YOU wicked, or are you still just busy pointing at other people?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487185 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
Plato’s first term for the Trinity was in Greek—1. To Agathon, the supreme God or Father. 2. The Logos, which is the Greek term for Word. And, 3. Psyche, which the Greek Lexicon defines to mean “soul, spirit or ghost”—of course, the Holy Chost. Here we have the three terms of the Christian Trinity, Father, Word, and Holy Ghost, as plainly taught as language can express it, thus making Plato’s exposition of the Trinity and definition of its terms, published four hundred years B.C.
Wow, what a coincidence? Lol
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487186 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Being raised in a home with a mother who was of the Lutheran faith, and a father who believed in reincarnation ... I would have a difficult time going back to the religion of my childhood, as it was not set firm in one dogma ... but rather two different mental places at the same time.
I'm thankful for that ... as had I been raised as a strict Lutheran or a strict Catholic ... I might be tempted before death to pin my hopes on that early claim of absolute truth and that from my present perspective would foolhardy.
So what hope will look to when your fragile body is dying? will you seriously be satisfied that you did your best to ruin everyone else's lives?
Take religion, God, morals and everything out of the equation, and you STILL are a pathetic soul.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487187 Nov 1, 2013
Some of the words most often used by many in religion to in turn, point outward are...

Wicked
Evil
Hell
Devil
Lost
Damned
Cursed
Obsessed

Religion is not good!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487188 Nov 1, 2013

St. Augustine confessed he found the beginning of John’s Gospel in Plato’s Phaedon

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487189 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So what hope will look to when your fragile body is dying?
I hope to sleep in peace forever.

When the cells in my body cease to function, I hope that will be the end of me.

If that is not the case, I will take it as it comes. I don't plan to worry about it one way or the other.

I just hope for as little suffering as possible before death.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487190 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Take religion, God, morals and everything out of the equation, and you STILL are a pathetic soul.
Who are you to judge my morals or lack thereof???

Are you perfect?

You see ... I am not in religion, so I don't wish a hell for others. I wish them peace in whatever form peace may take for them.

Is that immoral ... from your perception?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#487191 Nov 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Distorting, twisting, manipulating, perverting,and mis-representing the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible that the Early Church Fathers gave to us over 1700 years ago is the "same as lying"!!!Add to this your "fictitious" man-made up Church History myths and you have the "entire bible only "legendary" package of lies and deceit!!! However you wouldn't have any idea as to what I am referring to because you and your other bible only "fundies" have been living the bible only lie for so long that you have actually begun to "believe it". I lived this "half-truth, half-heresy" contradicting, inconsistent (self-editorialized) Christianity for over 35 years before Jesus Christ through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit led me to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the One True Apostolic Universal Catholic Church that he initiated, established and formed over 2000 years ago!!!---All you have done Oxbow, ever since you have been on this forum--is to DECEIVE YOURSELF----- with your (anti-catholic bible only (self-editorial garbage) as you attempt to DECEIVE OTHERS!!!!----and the majority of those on this forum "know it"!!!!!
You accused me of lying. I ask you to show my words that proved your baseless accusation. Your response is more senseless accusations...nothing more..that makes you a liar..

According to Atemcowboy, you did the same to him..
That makes you a liar.

You say Christ built the Catholic church..that is a lie...so says your pope....so says the National Council of Churches..

You are nothing more than a pathetic bag of hot air, a liar, and have been so proven...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#487192 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't be putting your personal life on a public forum.
You shouldnt be putting someone else's personal life on a public forum.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487193 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
First ... you are presuming that out of all the human-created gods, only the god of the Jews ... Jehovah exists. And second, you are presuming that out of all the "garbage" ... YOU are able to discern what is truth in order to in turn appease the emotions of the supposed "god."
That is a whole lot of discernment for which you seem all too willing to take the credit.
:)
June

You presume I have not examined ALL....

If I have, then your argument is incorrect.

If a person does not choose which fork in the road to take, then that person gets stuck and never goes anywhere.

Atheism goes nowhere by choice.

If I have examined all things in my path, and choose, then if I am wrong, I merely back-track, and try another path. Having exhausted all possibilities, I choose Jesus, because he has chosen me.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#487194 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to judge my morals or lack thereof???
Are you perfect?
You see ... I am not in religion, so I don't wish a hell for others. I wish them peace in whatever form peace may take for them.
Is that immoral ... from your perception?
You said: "I wish them peace in whatever form peace may take them"

You are a phony, because Christianity brings peace to every Christian on here, yet you strive for all hrs of the day to snatch that peace from them. That's how you wanna exit this world. I think that's sad. Really.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487195 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The same place you used to place your faith ... in the idea that all religion is bunk-junk.
June

When one gets stuck on the road, you decide to either stay, or move on.

It appears to me that you are stuck on the road of religion.

If the number of religions is a hard choice to choose from, it is best to start eliminating them, so you can move on to the Truth.

Just observing the lies within religious people and systems keeps you stuck in a rut on the road.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487196 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of words you can post in English other than "Peace."
From my perspective, religion is nothing but trouble ... which is the opposite of peace.
And according to your dogmas, your image of a god is not one of peace either, as (within the theology) "he" created evil ... and allowed a devil to run rampant in his kingdom to in turn lure unsuspecting humans into evil.
Ridiculous blather.
June

The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Stuck in a rut.

I won't go over your idea again that God created evil.

You need some new ideas.

Take your foot off of the gas, think about it. Looking for 100,000 posts....Hmmm?
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487197 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some of the words most often used by many in religion to in turn, point outward are...
Wicked
Evil
Hell
Devil
Lost
Damned
Cursed
Obsessed
Religion is not good!
June

Yesssss. They are all things to be turned away from, fought, or avoided.

Take your own advice.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#487198 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Being raised in a home with a mother who was of the Lutheran faith, and a father who believed in reincarnation ... I would have a difficult time going back to the religion of my childhood, as it was not set firm in one dogma ... but rather two different mental places at the same time.
I'm thankful for that ... as had I been raised as a strict Lutheran or a strict Catholic ... I might be tempted before death to pin my hopes on that early claim of absolute truth and that from my present perspective would foolhardy.
June

Interesting....

So you are saying that you were raised without any conviction, and you rediscovered that in your older age.

So you are singlemindedly determined to be dually minded. So you have no absolutes and all becomes relative.

What a conflict!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#487199 Nov 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldnt be putting someone else's personal life on a public forum.
When one puts their private lives on a public forum, they are subjecting themselves to the wolves so to say. Keep your life private, its not anyone's business where or when you celebrate important things. There are just too many bad people out there and they will eat you up alive. There was a man who put his young daughter's picture on Topix as his avatar, he is very proud of her, but the pro aborts made such lewd remarks that he had to get a lawyer for them to stop posting about her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 18 hr WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web