Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#487134 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs written by men could be false.
We all pick and choose from history what suits our emotions ... and if we are not careful ... we can stuck in a certain idea that somebody or other actually told absolute truth.
June

They could..., but there may be many beliefs, which are not false, and a few which may be true.

The point is, I think God appreciates it, when a person discerns Truth amidst all the garbage out there, and rewards them with prudence and wisdom....Regretably there is a lot of trial and error in obtaining that reward. It does not seem to be hard-wired into the human condition.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#487135 Nov 1, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. Duh. I meant FALLIBLE men. I typed too fast. Jesus chose FALLIBLE men .
FALLIBLE men wrote the Gospel. Why do you believe FALLIBLE men?
Good. Correcting yourself is a step in the right direction, but feeding my question back to me, will get us nowhere, except and end to the discussion.

I've already - many times - explained that I don't accept man's choice in belief. Especially fallible men.

So back to my question to you, why do you think fallible men can define an infallible entity?
- Especially when you know that they are fallible and make mistakes.

C'mon Liam, go ahead, and twist up another bullshite story....I'm waiting.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#487136 Nov 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
You falsely reported that Dr Richard Kimble killed his wife. Now he is a fugitive looking for a 1 armed man.
You are too much! LOL

Albuquerque, NM

#487137 Nov 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

To take words out of context, as you have now tried to change the discussion to what you want, is actually a deceiptful tactic or method that many so-called "Christians" do. Please do not revert back to that stance.
I wrote:
"Yeah - just like I've stated - Self is the active participant in your actions.
No religion or "God" involved."
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It means the same thing to me as the one-line that I posted meant to me.
No you didn't, you selected that single sentence and then ran with it, asking baout "Spirit" and what nots - which had nothing to do with the original post I made.

Man, you sure still have alot of "Christian" tendencies, even when you claim you aren't one.

You are starting to sound spurious at best.

And you think you found something truthful?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that your "self" is active in the sense of knowing mysteries that others claim to know.
Please post where I stated this. Or is this another one of your so-called opinion of my posts?

*sighs*
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For instance ... do you KNOW that we are made of spirit, or is that your own mental input simply being "activated?"
Are you asking me or telling me?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#487139 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>In another post you said he wasn't. Hitler was born into a Catholic family but did not ever practice his faith, please google it and find out or get a history book and read it. Hitler hated Catholics and loved the philosphy of Luther and what he wanted to do to Jews. Hitler also was heavily involved in the occult and wanted to be a Roman god. Do you understand Hitler put to death thousands of clergy?
Hmmm is it really you Knit ..been three names,and now New,spelling

All in the,last 3 days ..

ANY WAY persecuting Jews has a great history in the CHURCH .

http://www.religioustolerance.org/vat_hol11.h...

The,excuse,JEWS,KILLED JESUS has been used by many to confiscate,property (several then used,as Catholic Churches)

Not even touching on the efforts to forcibly convert them .

Thankfully
IN VATICAN 2. And POPE Benedict that excuse was,banned finally .to the,Credit of he RCC

We're others guilty if it ..yes ..

Yet it is Christians,who have helped Jews individually ..

And as a whole in the recent century .the great efforts to help.get Jews put of Russia,and Africa ...many Christians have helped.

But that thinking pervaded the CHURCH FOR CENTURIES

Hitler killed anyone who did not go along with his thinking ...Especially HE did not approve of the OT..said Jesus wasn't Jewish .

So yes he killed all kinds of CHRISTIANS ..evrn Luteran clergy ..who did not agree.

But HE SAID he WAS RAISED A CATHOLIC ..

I do not think.he acted as any sort of a,human being ..let alone a Chrisian.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487140 Nov 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, I think God appreciates it, when a person discerns Truth amidst all the garbage out there
First ... you are presuming that out of all the human-created gods, only the god of the Jews ... Jehovah exists. And second, you are presuming that out of all the "garbage" ... YOU are able to discern what is truth in order to in turn appease the emotions of the supposed "god."

That is a whole lot of discernment for which you seem all too willing to take the credit.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487141 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't be putting your personal life on a public forum.
Your kidding right?? Non personal info ...????

And those two have a,great CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE and graciously shared with us their anniversary ..

God bless them both ..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487142 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you asking me or telling me?
If it appears as a question, it IS a question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
For instance ... do you KNOW that we are made of spirit, or is that your own mental input simply being "activated?"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487143 Nov 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
You falsely reported that Dr Richard Kimble killed his wife. Now he is a fugitive looking for a 1 armed man.
Lol...You crack.me up!##!#!

Maybe little green men seen in your area,??

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487144 Nov 1, 2013
Please post where I stated this.
As you are always correcting others about how "self" should belief to be successful, that is the impression I take from your posts.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
You believe that your "self" is active in the sense of knowing mysteries that others claim to know.

Albuquerque, NM

#487145 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride is the essence of humans. If we lost pride in our beliefs, then we wouldn't believe them.
Maybe to you, but then again, you are a new Atheist.

Pride is not the essence of humans, love is.

Now if you want to believe pride is, I can see why you post the way you do - thru pride instead of love.

"Pride in belief"?? Where do you come up with these analogies.

Uninformed people have "pride in the belief", because they would rather choose that approach than to realize the truth.

For instance -'hojo'

Informed individuals use facts for their beliefs, and don't really care about any impact pride may have. Pride is just an emotion accessed by individuals when they think they have succeeded in something.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487146 Nov 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do you put your faith?
P.....Sorry, I almost forgot.(smiles)
The same place you used to place your faith ... in the idea that all religion is bunk-junk.

Albuquerque, NM

#487147 Nov 1, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Posters, be aware of rosesez and seraphin. These two are falsely reporting.
...and yet you only report that they are, but didn't include what tehy were reporting falsely.

You so-called "Christians" - always trying to do one better than another, without really doing anything that would support you doing this.

Yeah TEAM CHRISTIAN!!

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#487148 Nov 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As you bible only "fundies" continue to point your bible only judgmental "finger" at me and other Catholics on this forum, you just might notice where your "own thumb" is pointing!!! Directly between your OWN eyes!!!!!
Prove I even have thumbs.

DOH!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#487149 Nov 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are too much! LOL
Are,we,sleepwalking again ..little,green men???
Blaming poor Dr,Kimble ...

Sera, really ..hope it dies not get out of hand on our trip!#!!

Lol

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487150 Nov 1, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I understand. Perhaps you would prefer the Arabic greeting instead of English?
There are a lot of words you can post in English other than "Peace."

From my perspective, religion is nothing but trouble ... which is the opposite of peace.

And according to your dogmas, your image of a god is not one of peace either, as (within the theology) "he" created evil ... and allowed a devil to run rampant in his kingdom to in turn lure unsuspecting humans into evil.

Ridiculous blather.

Albuquerque, NM

#487151 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it appears as a question, it IS a question.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the answer or are you just asking me in order to receive help while you are researching this topic?

I think this is a question that you will need to do the research on yourself, as I've already stated to you - multiple times, that I will not know the answer until the moment I die.

I'm not sure on why you aren't accepting of this statement.

As it already has answered your question.

Typical "Christian" - trying to twist words that have been stated into something you can use as ammunition to attack a person with.

At this point in our discussions, I've concluded that you are just like those "Christians" you seem to despise.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487152 Nov 1, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is immoral behavior to you?
Thanks for asking that question.

Morals are judged within cultures.

If I was raised to believe in cannibalism, I would believe it was moral.

If I was raised as a Muslim, I would believe the ONLY moral thing to do would be to believe in Allah.

I would like to believe that I would never kill another human, as I believe that is immoral ... but I am not so naïve as to believe that in certain circumstances I would not kill, because down the road it might be perceived by me as "necessary" ... which would in turn change the whole image I previously held OF morality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#487153 Nov 1, 2013
An example of "morals" comes back to me from reading of a priest who was worried on his death-bed that "god" would be disappointed in him for not having killed enough "heretics."

Human beliefs often put members of society is jeopardy.

Albuquerque, NM

#487154 Nov 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are always correcting others about how "self" should belief to be successful, that is the impression I take from your posts.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you seem to have a problem with being focussed on me instead of what I stated.

Maybe if you can be focussed on the topic and then read my posts again, you'll better understand that what you post has nothing to do with mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 25 Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web