Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591237 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Slick

Oklahoma City, OK

#486870 Oct 31, 2013
Yahweh Is Not A God His name is Yahweh.man changed his name with the help of the roman catholick church and satan.
And you will cause them to forget my name.you will be hated for my names sake.

the roman catholick church has in fact added to and taken away from the scriptures.
they have changed the law.changed the sabbath changed his name changed the feast days for pagan holidays.

All with the help of satan.....Yahweh has left us here to destroy our self's by our sin.
And I do believe this.when Yehsua was resurrected.they have had no dealing with this earth.and when people say it is a miracle it could be but done by satan. fallen angles demons evil spirits.

Most of you will not understand this why????? because you have never reverenced Yahweh as the true creator. just a man made god.

this is how stupid the world is.this information is in every concordance ever wrote.you can read it but you still do not understand it....

Why because understanding only comes from the reverence of the creator Yahweh.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#486871 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Silly, Silly! God loves all of His creatures. His door is open to ALL who hope in Him.
When did you change the Christian dogma to allow Jews, and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and Catholics into your Protestant "reformed"-version of heaven.

Silly goose.

And by the way ... the Muslims created their hell many centuries before the Protestants created their hell ... so I suggest that you will burn in Islam's hell ... not the other way around.

After all ... first come ... first "served."

:)

Terrace, Canada

#486872 Oct 31, 2013
who="Liam" <quoted text>
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20
Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.
ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM
----------
All of the good works that Teresa did CANNOT 'save' her. Jesus died to 'save' all who would believe in Him.
We are called to 'good works', and there will be rewards/crowns for those.
If we could have been saved by doing good things, Jesus' suffering would have been unnecessary. Isaiah said that "all of OUR righteousness is as filthy rags..."
First the Catholics suggested that Jehovah committed adultery on the Jews with the Catholics. Then the Muslims suggested that Jehovah committed emotional adultery against the Jews AND the Catholics to play house with the Muslims. And now YOU claim that Jehovah committed emotional adultery against the Jews, the Catholics AND the Muslims to play house with your type of Protestantism.

You have committed slander and treason against Jehovah ... and if you think you are HOLY for so-doing ... I suggest you give your head an all-mighty shake, and hope that the lies let loose on their own.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486873 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Islam and Christianity should lead their people to a lower crime rate. Yes.
The largest Christian country on the planet only 300 yrs ago (France) is not even Christian anymore. And the least Christian one, Argentina, is the largest. Things change. Religious affiliation doesn't guarantee anyone will resemble that religion they preach.
The only important thing (and I believe its the will of God) is that everyone gets a chance to make a choice.
Thank you.

I agree. Both Islam and Christianity should lead their people to a lower crime rate. But in fact, some Catholic countries are among the leaders in crime rate. The crime rate in Muslim countries tends to be much lower.

This may be evidence that Islam is the superior religion.

Maybe Christians, and Catholics in particular should look to the Islamic criminal justice system for answers?

Terrace, Canada

#486874 Oct 31, 2013
Slick wrote:
Yahweh Is Not A God His name is Yahweh.
Take your pick! Each group of Jews had their own title for their own image of a god. But unlike the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants, the gods at least DID have titles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#486875 Oct 31, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Why would I think Protestants don't do good works?? I don't even feel I need to defend this.
I'll jump to your line about 'nothing we do can earn our way into Heaven'. That thought is contrary to the will of Jesus and scripture. Whatever sect is teaching that falsehood you should run from.
----------

Clay, this thought is the result of two sides putting two half truths together to make two whole lies. We must be born again by faith...after which we are to strive to live a holy life.

(1) We ARE saved by faith, and CANNOT do anything ourselves that can persuade God to save us.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(The 'spiritual' man is awakened to spiritual matters.)

(2) Anyone who has truly experienced God's love, will, as a result, do good works.

(There are instructions in the Word that tell us how we ought to do good things. Good works earn rewards/crowns...NOT salvation.)

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity (at war) against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#486876 Oct 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
The crime rate in Muslim countries tends to be much lower.
This may be evidence that Islam is the superior religion.
It's evidence that Islam is a theocracy and kills everybody that gets "out of line."
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486877 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
The surgeon the restored the circulation in my wife's foot is Islamic.
His wife is a Christian...He told her (these are his own words) that he did not want her to become Islamic...if she did and recanted and wanted to return to Christianity..
He would have to kill her..
lol... Did your wife have her foot operated on in Saudi Arabia?

That has to be the dumbest story this week at least.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486878 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I think Protestants don't do good works?? I don't even feel I need to defend this.
I'll jump to your line about 'nothing we do can earn our way into Heaven'. That thought is contrary to the will of Jesus and scripture. Whatever sect is teaching that falsehood you should run from.
HE,WHO BELIEVES.in the,Son .shall have eternal life ,.
Nothing about works,.

It's,NO SECT . it's basic truth ..And if your CHURCH is,teaching belief in anyone or anything else ..YOU should,run.

No pope ..no priest and no CHURCH is,getting you sAved ..except by telling you GODS,word on this,.

BY HIS,STRIPES,...WE,ARE,HEALED ..

HIS,BLOOD ...not even PETER was there to watch Him.die .
Calvary ...the place of Our salvation ..
He took our sin to the Cross,..

WE CAN DO NO PENANCE GOOD ENOUGH For God's,justice ..And that was the,revelation to LUTHER ..
AS,he,was doing penance ...How,much. ONLY A,PERFEcT BLOOD SACRIFICE can pay ...ONLY ONE PERFECT LAMB . whose,death rent in half the,Tepke veil....we can pray directly TO GOD,..
JESUS,OUR ONLY MEDIATOR .

HE,was telling us,something ..No priests between us,and,God . Only the,Son ..And the SPIRIT with groaning s,in supplication for US,..
To the,Father ..

You Saud,NON CATHOLICS..do not believe in works,,..

Terrace, Canada

#486879 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
The surgeon the restored the circulation in my wife's foot is Islamic.
His wife is a Christian...He told her (these are his own words) that he did not want her to become Islamic...if she did and recanted and wanted to return to Christianity..
He would have to kill her..
Do you find that surprising?

People in religion are nut-cases ... period.

You are a prime example ... believing others deserve to spend eternity in hell, while you in your HOLINESS deserve eternal bliss.

YUCK!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#486880 Oct 31, 2013
If the shoe fits ... I suggest people wear it.
A baby to a family that is already starving becomes a headache FOR the family.
How do you expect them to feed another child, when they haven't enough for the ones that they already have in their families.
For those who have plenty, I say good for them if they take in more ... but otherwise "knock it off" with the sanctimonious nonsense, that more babies are all peaches and cream to those who are already starving.

----------
We have never gone hungry. We didn't live on Food Stamps or Social Security.

God has fed us well...

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#486881 Oct 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... Did your wife have her foot operated on in Saudi Arabia?
That has to be the dumbest story this week at least.
Didn't you KNOW that Jehovah CALLED confrinting with the word to preach the Protestant gospel?

At least that's HIS story.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486882 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your pick! Each group of Jews had their own title for their own image of a god. But unlike the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants, the gods at least DID have titles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot
2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...
Yep, give me that good ol' Bronze Age religion. Nobody really knew his name. Today we do.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- the only god whose existence has been scientifically proven.

Ramen

Terrace, Canada

#486883 Oct 31, 2013
doug wrote:
Romans 5:12 That is why ,just as through one man sin entered into the word and death through sin,and thus death .
According to theology God was the first man to enter into sin. He created Humans KNOWING they would sin ... so he supported sin. I guess that's because he created evil.

Silly stuff in deed!
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486884 Oct 31, 2013
If the shoe fits ... I suggest people wear it.
A baby to a family that is already starving becomes a headache FOR the family.
How do you expect them to feed another child, when they haven't enough for the ones that they already have in their families.
For those who have plenty, I say good for them if they take in more ... but otherwise "knock it off" with the sanctimonious nonsense, that more babies are all peaches and cream to those who are already starving.
----------
We have never gone hungry. We didn't live on Food Stamps or Social Security.
God has fed us well...
KayMarie
Walmart Super Center, or do you really raise all your own food like God intended?

Terrace, Canada

#486886 Oct 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth makes you think Protestants,have no good,works.
I am especially fond of their mental "works" when they preach that they will be the only ones saved.

Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486887 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you KNOW that Jehovah CALLED confrinting with the word to preach the Protestant gospel?
At least that's HIS story.
Same here.

God calls me to proclaim the existence of Bigfoot.

Terrace, Canada

#486888 Oct 31, 2013
the UNITED States.
If you don't like it, there are lots of other countries...
KayMarie
I agree that America is one of the best places to live in the world, but the point IS that the Americans HAVE started wars.

Have you so soon forgotten George Bush's invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Afghanistan???

Terrace, Canada

#486889 Oct 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, give me that good ol' Bronze Age religion. Nobody really knew his name. Today we do.
Flying Spaghetti Monster -- the only god whose existence has been scientifically proven.
Ramen
But I suggest you be fair and don't ignore the Wiccan goddess, as she might get her feelings hurt. She's very sensitive you know, as she love everybody and doesn't believe in hell or a devil ... or evil.

Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486890 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to theology God was the first man to enter into sin. He created Humans KNOWING they would sin ... so he supported sin. I guess that's because he created evil.
Silly stuff in deed!
Silly stuff... or God was very bored.

After all, who wants to party with a bunch of angels?

Every good party needs sinners.

Hope that explains it for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 9,419
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 8 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 9 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 11 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web