Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,910
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486849 Oct 31, 2013
If you believe in heaven and hell, then God and Satan must be working together,Gen.3:19 in the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken, for dust you are and to dust you will return.
(Growing old is our punishment for sin)Romans.6:7 for he who has died has been acquitted from sin.
God bless.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486850 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you have turned your life around. It takes a big person to admit their mistakes.
Thanks mike.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#486851 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians make up about 80% of the American population AND prison population.
http://askville.amazon.com/Religion-prison-po...
and they're Christians...let me guess...because the article said so.

You haven't changed a bit Grams. Still on the forum 18 hours a day. I hope when I get to your age, folks come and visit me so I don't have to go on a forum to chat with people.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#486852 Oct 31, 2013
who="Michael"<quo ted text>
KayMarie says.........America did not start wars in other countries...she went to the aid of Europe when they were being destroyed by Hitler. She went to the aid of Asian countries that were being attacked by communism.
Michael says........Really!
below the list of wars the USA has been involved in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_inv...
.....How many countries in the world like america today? Not many. How many american lives and the trillions in costs have been lost not counting millions of innocent men, women and children in often needless conflicts.

----------
Other countries are jealous of America's luxury, and her status. The Arabs would wipe us off the map if they could.

You still believe a lot of fables. Wikipedia is not a great study, and everything in it is not 'gospel truth'.

Many of those 'many wars' were simply INTERIOR bouts with marauding Indians. There was cruelty on both sides. America settled those, AND brought them to an end. That is why that you and I have as much Indian blood as any other kind. It is why that this country came to be called The Melting Pot...the UNITED States.

If you don't like it, there are lots of other countries...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486853 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20
Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.
ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM
What on earth makes you think Protestants,have no good,works. One example

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

These,folks,at every disaster ...in some really bad places,like,Darfur ..in Texas US, HAITI..THAILAND...
working now in Christmas,boxes,for thE poor ..rebuilding after the bombing in Texas,..after the tornadoes

My local crisis,Pregnancy center ..

For two .

Many many organizations,missionaries..ma rtyrs,..spreading hope ..God ..material goods..bibles.

You think only Catholics,do good works,??

The thing is,GOOD,WORKS,..NOR ANYTHING WE DO can have us,work our way into heaven .

Jesus,paid the ONLY PRICE for sin that SATISFIED the perfect Justice requirements of God ..

He said IT IS,FINISHED ...

If we do good it is,from.love for HIM.or FOR OUR NEIGHBORS...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486854 Oct 31, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>MEEEE TOOOOO!!!! YOU are my life and my every breath. Without you I am nothing.You came into my life and showed me a love that I thought I would never have.You brought me to God when I turned away from him.You are my reason for living.Yes,I still see you as the tall handsome strong man that threw me up on the washer that day when I greeted you at the back door as you came home from work.In my eyes,you will never change but remain young and strong for your purest beauty is inside you.You will always be my knight riding on a white horse coming to take me to your castle...Love you with All my Being....x0x0x0
If my wife said that to me, I would run out the door and head to the bar really fast. Lol :-)

Have a great anniversary. Congrats.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486855 Oct 31, 2013
Romans 5:12 That is why ,just as through one man sin entered into the word and death through sin,and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.
(That's why we will grow old and then die,ones dead,)
Romans 6:7 for he who has died has been acquitted from sin.
Ecclesiastes.9:5 For the living are conscious that they will die ,but as for the dead ,they are conscious of nothing at all..........
Amen.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486856 Oct 31, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Rosie,
Remember the blue bird in the back yard the morning we got married.
Remember as we stepped out after the wedding at that moment a truck stopped that said G.O,D. on its side.
Being married to you I thought I knew a depth of love that was the truest and deepest one could ever know.
But then after I got sick I found that there is a deeper love.
A love that does not fade, but blooms in the face of suffering.
A love that will stay by her husband's bed side every day for weeks despite, the pain and fear, when he is on the edge of dying.
A love that will rise without complaint in the middle of the night no matter how exhausted to help her husband.
A love that will stay by her husband's bed side every day for weeks despite, the pain and fear, when he is on the edge of dying.
A love that will rise without complaint in the middle of the night, no matter how exhausted, to help her husband.
The True Love, that kind of light in her eyes that tells you, though you have lost much of yourself, she still sees you as she saw you when you first met.
I love you with my all, my beautiful Spanish Princess,
Happy Anniversary Seraphima
All Praises to God..
Greek Wedding Dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1zI07eCQF1QXX
..... "Remember my dear love Seraphima, how we got on that topix forum and bashed the Catholic Church together"

Lol. Kidding. Say, you video wasn't of a Greek wedding dance, it was a undercover news story about a fraudulent minister. Did you know that? It was interesting. Probably not is much as a Greek wedding dance. Lol

#486857 Oct 31, 2013
who="Liam" <quoted text>
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20
Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.
ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM

----------
All of the good works that Teresa did CANNOT 'save' her. Jesus died to 'save' all who would believe in Him.

We are called to 'good works', and there will be rewards/crowns for those.

If we could have been saved by doing good things, Jesus' suffering would have been unnecessary. Isaiah said that "all of OUR righteousness is as filthy rags..."

#486858 Oct 31, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
I prefer my sermons to yours.
If Jehovah has a plan ... you are DOOMED to Gehenna's fiery pit for not being a faithful Jew.
HALLELUJAH ... Praise ye Jehovah!
Isn't religion FUN when it works against all your plans???

----------
Silly, Silly! God loves all of His creatures. His door is open to ALL who hope in Him. The Jews were chosen to prove that God LOVES, and kept His promises to His people. You need to know what HE says.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486859 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Pope Paul VIs 1968 Encyclical Humanae Vitae brought out the procreative dimension more explicitly:
Each and every marital act must of necessity retain its intrinsic relationship to the procreation of human life....This particular doctrine, often expounded by the magisterium of the Church, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage act.
St. Thomas Aquinas and the Council of Trent explain that the goals of the marriage are two: the primary goal is the procreation and education of the offspring; the secondary goal is the mutual support of the spouses, either psychologically or as a remedy for concupiscence (Summa theologiae, Supplementum, Q. 67, a. 1, ad 4th; Catechism of Trent, Part II, VII, 13-14).
Pope Paul VI in his encyclical "Humanae Vitae" stated, "Each and every marriage act must remain open to the transmission of life (No. 11). The Holy Father continued, "This particular doctrine, expounded on numerous occasions by the Magisterium, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage pact" ("Humanae Vitae," No. 12).
Historically, procreation has been a central, if not the central, purpose for marriage. Justin
Martyr of the second century felt that the desire to procreate was the only thing that legith a sense of human and Christian responsibility."[154]
----------
In our current 'imagined' freedom, we are committing national suicide. Having two children barely replaces ourselves. Many have one, or none. Over fifty million abortions has destroyed our armed forces. We don't have the means to protect ourselves. It has reduced us from a mostly white Christian nation (I'm not racist) to something that looks like a third world country, over-run with refugees from everywhere.
Our Social Security program that once allowed seniors and those otherwise deprived, to stay out of the 'poorhouse', was SPENT by Congress, with a promise to repay. It must have been quite a sum, because interest rates at the time were over 20%. They put PAPER IOU's in 'safe' places, and never repaid.
When SS was instituted there were about 30 young people paying into the system to each one person who was dependent on it. Now, abortion has changed that rate...there are about 3 young people paying in for each dependent.
To make it worse, illegal aliens are feeding off the system, and they say that SS is going broke...but they are blaming that on senior citizens.
KayMarie
Ahhh the famous lock box ...

Children diagnosed with ADD etc receive a salary from Disability ..I'M ALL FOR A,SPECIAL PROGRAM TO EDUCATE THESE,CHILDREN ..But an INCOME ...make a,no sense ...

My understanding was,Disability REPLACES. lost income,from people,who
CAN NO LONGER WORK ...what income did a child Have ..

I know,a,lady worked 20 years,had carpal tunnel. And arthritis,to the point things fell out of her hands ..Denied for 8 years ..finally I told her ..call your Senators,office ..She found an advocate and finally got it .

Another lady she has been on it for decades,for depression..,
I'M DEPRESSED at this craziness,..You can also be a,drug addict ..alcoholic. total disability ..I can see it as a,temporary thing ..a few,months,Rehab .

John Stossel did a report . Showed the drug dealers,waiting out side the places where they got their checks ..NOW,they get money directly .

And OLD PEOPLE ARE THE BURDEN ...under the new,health care we get to tell Our doctors,not to revive us ..

Team,latest is billions,diverted from MEDICARE TO MEDICAID ..for the AHA,..those websites are working ...

LOCK BOX another broken promise ...
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486860 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh. In Iran, 90% of the prison population is Muslim.
Duh???

Shouldn't Islam lead Muslims to be better than their heretical neighbor, e.g. a lower rate of crime?

Same goes for Christianity and Christians, right?

OK, about that "duh."
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#486861 Oct 31, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and they're Christians...let me guess...because the article said so.
You haven't changed a bit Grams. Still on the forum 18 hours a day. I hope when I get to your age, folks come and visit me so I don't have to go on a forum to chat with people.
ARE YOU IN PRISON?

#486862 Oct 31, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
They are to those who already have children starving to death ... you heartless imbecile.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

~~~~~~`

It takes one to know one...
don't you know...
You are the great example right
You call a lady that had her own 7 and adopted two that were abandon
and imbecile...
just what is the name of the insane asylum are you posting from?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#486863 Oct 31, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh???
Shouldn't Islam lead Muslims to be better than their heretical neighbor, e.g. a lower rate of crime?
Same goes for Christianity and Christians, right?
OK, about that "duh."
Both Islam and Christianity should lead their people to a lower crime rate. Yes.
The largest Christian country on the planet only 300 yrs ago (France) is not even Christian anymore. And the least Christian one, Argentina, is the largest. Things change. Religious affiliation doesn't guarantee anyone will resemble that religion they preach.
The only important thing (and I believe its the will of God) is that everyone gets a chance to make a choice.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#486864 Oct 31, 2013
Well,despite all our beliefs and cultural differences we can all agree that JUNE is a Loon.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486865 Oct 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth makes you think Protestants,have no good,works. One example
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
These,folks,at every disaster ...in some really bad places,like,Darfur ..in Texas US, HAITI..THAILAND...
working now in Christmas,boxes,for thE poor ..rebuilding after the bombing in Texas,..after the tornadoes
My local crisis,Pregnancy center ..
For two .
Many many organizations,missionaries..ma rtyrs,..spreading hope ..God ..material goods..bibles.
You think only Catholics,do good works,??
The thing is,GOOD,WORKS,..NOR ANYTHING WE DO can have us,work our way into heaven .
Jesus,paid the ONLY ..
Why would I think Protestants don't do good works?? I don't even feel I need to defend this.
I'll jump to your line about 'nothing we do can earn our way into Heaven'. That thought is contrary to the will of Jesus and scripture. Whatever sect is teaching that falsehood you should run from.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#486866 Oct 31, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
They are to those who already have children starving to death ... you heartless imbecile.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
~~~~~~`
It takes one to know one...
don't you know...
You are the great example right
You call a lady that had her own 7 and adopted two that were abandon
and imbecile...
just what is the name of the insane asylum are you posting from?
If the shoe fits ... I suggest people wear it.

A baby to a family that is already starving becomes a headache FOR the family.

How do you expect them to feed another child, when they haven't enough for the ones that they already have in their families.

For those who have plenty, I say good for them if they take in more ... but otherwise "knock it off" with the sanctimonious nonsense, that more babies are all peaches and cream to those who are already starving.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486867 Oct 31, 2013
who="Michael"<quo ted text>
KayMarie says.........America did not start wars in other countries...she went to the aid of Europe when they were being destroyed by Hitler. She went to the aid of Asian countries that were being attacked by communism.
Michael says........Really!
below the list of wars the USA has been involved in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_inv...
.....How many countries in the world like america today? Not many. How many american lives and the trillions in costs have been lost not counting millions of innocent men, women and children in often needless conflicts.
----------
Other countries are jealous of America's luxury, and her status. The Arabs would wipe us off the map if they could.
You still believe a lot of fables. Wikipedia is not a great study, and everything in it is not 'gospel truth'.
Many of those 'many wars' were simply INTERIOR bouts with marauding Indians. There was cruelty on both sides. America settled those, AND brought them to an end. That is why that you and I have as much Indian blood as any other kind. It is why that this country came to be called The Melting Pot...the UNITED States.
If you don't like it, there are lots of other countries...
KayMarie
And,how,many millions,and billions,do we,Give,in AID to those,so hate,us,..I'm horrible ..I'd,say ..You don't like it support is politically greAt ...you're,on your own.
Just heard,a whole bunch to either Pakistan or APHGANISTAN..THIS,week .

We are,helping with our hard earned money ..about every COUntry on the planet ..WE EVEN SEND AID TO CHINESE,businesses,..energy sorrow,from CHINA,

YES,WE are,an awful.COUntry ..

Every country is,SO MORALLY SUPERIOR ..it make me sick .

We give aid To GROUPS eh o want to kill us,and Israel
We curry favor with the tyrants,killing NOT ONLY Cristisns,but NON ARAB Muslims, in Darfur .

Kerry has,pro.used billions,I US,generated investments,to PALESTINISNS,
to grow their economy ...a,real COMFORT to ISRAEL I'm sure..as,we,know that money will buy bombs,and,rockets,to kill them.

Yes ..we,are,dumb as,rocks ....But we,support half the,world ....

These people,protesting realm grace,on my nerves ..

And,our colleges pump.nonsense,into our children

They WOUKD not even listen to the,police commissioner at BROWM...yet crime has gone down drastically ...terrorism thwarted,..with the policies,used .

Let someone lose lived,ones,..they will blame the police ...fir NOT DOING enough

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#486868 Oct 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Well,despite all our beliefs and cultural differences we can all agree that JUNE is a Loon.
Thank you Jumper ... the wanna-be humper! Have you yet managed to lure into your web any of those women with big titties???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr SeekingTruth 9,177
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 5 hr Chuck 4
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 22 hr Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Sat Chuck 22
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
More from around the web