Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590597 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#486744 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul I died September 1978. 33 days after being elected. To this day there are dozens of conspiracy theories floating around, about his book about free masons, and his connections with the vatican bank are just a couple.
I wonder what the holy spirit was thinking when he died? After all its the holy spirit that guides the cardinals in choosing a new pope. If the holy spirit is God, than wouldn't the holy spirit have known before hand that this pope was going to have a very short reign?
I dunno!
:)

Maybe the devil had no need of that pope, so he chose another one to pass on different lies ... more pleasing to the cardinals.

Terrace, Canada

#486745 Oct 31, 2013
Had Jesus lived he was anything BUT humble, as he would have claimed that only by being like him could anyone be "saved."

That is NOT being humble.

Terrace, Canada

#486746 Oct 31, 2013
Yesterday, a man, in jest, in formed me that he plans to join the Jehovah's Witnesses, as THEY are the ones that will ultimately RULE.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#486747 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul I died September 1978. 33 days after being elected. To this day there are dozens of conspiracy theories floating around, about his book about free masons, and his connections with the vatican bank are just a couple.
I wonder what the holy spirit was thinking when he died? After all its the holy spirit that guides the cardinals in choosing a new pope. If the holy spirit is God, than wouldn't the holy spirit have known before hand that this pope was going to have a very short reign?
I dunno!
John Paul II was the one that was supposed to be elected. Cardinal Wotija was polish, the Roman curia was hesitant to elect him the first time around- even though everyone in the conclave knew it - they opted for the Italian John I. Although John I was by all accounts was a righteous man, the conclave chose him because they didn't let the Lord decide. They went with their political gut feeling. When he died after 30 days, everyone knew they went against the Spirit and immediately elected arguably the best Pope since St. Peter. Pope John Paul II was born to lead at that moment in time. God knew it but stubborn men in the conclave didn't.
That's from a great book on my book shelf that I can't remember the title of. Written by a Vatican insider at the time. The Holy Spirit DID elect JP II and thats the unanimous testimony of those who participated in the election

Terrace, Canada

#486748 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
Over 16% or 51 million americans claim to have no religious beliefs. These numbers have doubled in the past 12 years.
Many who don't claim to be "religious" ... DO claim to be "spiritual."

That's a relatively new catch-phrase.

These "spiritual" gluttons also believe in a creator ... but don't want to be labeled as being in the same category as "organized" religion.

I suggest that whatever one organizes in ones own mind as a myth-based reality should also be considered as "organized religion."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486749 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
John Paul II was the one that was supposed to be elected. Cardinal Wotija was polish, the Roman curia was hesitant to elect him the first time around- even though everyone in the conclave knew it - they opted for the Italian John I. Although John I was by all accounts was a righteous man, the conclave chose him because they didn't let the Lord decide. They went with their political gut feeling. When he died after 30 days, everyone knew they went against the Spirit and immediately elected arguably the best Pope since St. Peter. Pope John Paul II was born to lead at that moment in time. God knew it but stubborn men in the conclave didn't.
That's from a great book on my book shelf that I can't remember the title of. Written by a Vatican insider at the time. The Holy Spirit DID elect JP II and thats the unanimous testimony of those who participated in the election
Can you show me where the Cardinals stated that they themselves ONLY decided on voting for Pope John Ist? If what you claim is true, doesn't that show that all the VOTING cardinals committed sin by not allowing the holy spirit to guide them in their decision making as per the policies of the roman catholic church?

Is the holy spirit responsible for the death of John Paul Ist?

Is that what you are saying?

Terrace, Canada

#486750 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Wicca is the worlds fastest growing religion, especially among the young and many had former ties to the catholic church.
http://digitaljournal.com/article/313379
I've posted back and forth with a few of them.

I personally know one Protestant who joined Wicca, but is now back in her Protestant church.

Following is an email from her expressing her opinions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Been There - tried that - became a Christian afterwards! Seriously - the Wiccan practice I was working on, wasn't all that Unitarian - A person might be a 'lapsed' something or other previous religion, but the wiccan thing was not really compatible with being a Christian AND a Wiccan, or a whatever AND a Wiccan. It is very much its own set of beliefs and practices. Initially the (?) main rule of is something like "Eight words of the Wiccan Rede fulfill 'An it harm none do what ye will' ". If a person follows this truly and completely, you really have to think things through. Something many people are not really into. Also, another basic is the rule of three - What you send out returns to thee - three times three. So send out love, kindness and good things it is returned to you in multiples, same also for the bad, and negative. Sadly "people" are involved so you end up with Bad apples, lying manipulative deceivers, and the usual creation of multiple ways of practice and rules created by the followers of the various groups. Sound familiar?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486751 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you DO, and in so doing you elevate your own religion above the religions of all other practitioners.
To have faith that a god chooses you and rejects, others is obnoxious ... to say the least. It's self-serving buffoonery.
All human s are free to choose to love Him.or not .

He created our home ...Gave us,the choice .

HEAVEN IS HIS HOME..

DO YOU invite those who had you to live with you???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486752 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If your book was written by a so called vatican insider of course you are going to get a BIASED spin!

You need to get outside the box once in awhile and see the other side of things.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486753 Oct 31, 2013
Where is GENED?

Terrace, Canada

#486754 Oct 31, 2013
Wiccans will welcome anybody into their groups ... even Atheists ... as they are fully aware that numbers equate to power ... in government.

They are as cunning as any other group of individuals, and are fully aware that the meek do NOT inherit the earth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#486755 Oct 31, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Claypool says........I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.
Michael says.......being told NOT TO HAVE SEX is also a form to prevent life from starting.
If god created everything, why is it OK for you to eat chicken eggs instead of letting the eggs hatch into baby chicks? Aren't they forms of life terminated?

----------
An unfertilized chicken egg will NEVER make a chicken.
Unfertilized human eggs will not make humans.

A well-known Russian writer said that a man should love his wife enough NOT to burden her with eternal pregnancy.(LOVE is the key.) Bearing children is a wonderful thing...but when men use sex solely for gratification, with no thought of the health of the woman, or her children, it is no longer LOVE/intimacy. The writer suggested that the man discipline himself, and be considerate of the woman's health.

This practically eliminates the need for contraception and/or abortion.(Cuts out a lot of 'headaches' and unhappy women, too.)

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486756 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Had Jesus lived he was anything BUT humble, as he would have claimed that only by being like him could anyone be "saved."
That is NOT being humble.
....A baby named Jesus is born into the jewish belief system. A system that does NOT believe in sons of God. The babies family claims their baby is the SON of God. The family continues on practicing and worshiping within the Jewish belief with their son of God, but the belief they worship does not believe in a son of God. This carries on for some 33 years according to christian ONLY scriptures, until this now man Jesus decides to dump his life long belief, and start an entirely new belief system, with NO plan of operation, no rules/regulations, no people put into positions of authority.

It takes nearly 3 centuries before plans of operation and people in charge actually takes place.

...makes no common sense.

Terrace, Canada

#486757 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me where the Cardinals stated that they themselves ONLY decided on voting for Pope John Ist? If what you claim is true, doesn't that show that all the VOTING cardinals committed sin by not allowing the holy spirit to guide them in their decision making as per the policies of the roman catholic church?
Is the holy spirit responsible for the death of John Paul Ist?
Is that what you are saying?
Jehovah gets credit from the followers as performing all the good deeds.

The devil gets blamed for all the evil.

Yet ... according to the theology ... Jehovah CREATED evil.

If only it didn't cause so much bloodshed ... the contradictions concerning dogma would be quite humorous indeed.
Westside Willy

Bardstown, KY

#486758 Oct 31, 2013
Statements like this are the key to the the inhuman history of the human race. It is the one-size-fits-all justification for genocide. The radical Muslims say the same thing and we have global terrorist. The Nazis used it to murder Jews and anybody else they saw fit to kill. The Catholics used it in the crusades and for several other atrocities over the centuries including this one. Want to start a war. This is how you do it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486759 Oct 31, 2013
Where is SOPHIE?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#486760 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Claypool says........I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.
Michael says.......being told NOT TO HAVE SEX is also a form to prevent life from starting.
If god created everything, why is it OK for you to eat chicken eggs instead of letting the eggs hatch into baby chicks? Aren't they forms of life terminated?
----------
An unfertilized chicken egg will NEVER make a chicken.
Unfertilized human eggs will not make humans.
A well-known Russian writer said that a man should love his wife enough NOT to burden her with eternal pregnancy.(LOVE is the key.) Bearing children is a wonderful thing...but when men use sex solely for gratification, with no thought of the health of the woman, or her children, it is no longer LOVE/intimacy. The writer suggested that the man discipline himself, and be considerate of the woman's health.
This practically eliminates the need for contraception and/or abortion.(Cuts out a lot of 'headaches' and unhappy women, too.)
KayMarie
You are telling me at age 77 that you have never had an urge of intamacy during your life when seeing an attractive man?
marge

Ames, IA

#486761 Oct 31, 2013
ya'll got married on Halloween?

How did that go down?

Blessings to you both:)

#486762 Oct 31, 2013
Name all the countries around the world that millions of innocent people have died because the United States started wars in those countries on their soil?. Dozens!
Name all the countries around the world that millions of innocent people have died because these other countries started wars on american soil? Not too many!
There are many many books past and current that will paint the same picture, that the USA has almost always been the aggressor, and millions of innocent lives of men, women, children have paid the price.

----------
You are dating yourself, Michael...a product of the leftist re-writing of 'history'. That re-written 'history' is being taught in our schools to day, and gives ISLAM credit for America's greatness. The first mosque in America didn't show up until 1934.

America did not start wars in other countries...she went to the aid of Europe when they were being destroyed by Hitler. She went to the aid of Asian countries that were being attacked by communism.

She lost out in Viet Nam because of communist propaganda that stirred American youth to protest against her. Russia paid over a Billion dollars to produce that propaganda in America.

Our current administration is dragging out the war in Afghanistan for some reasons I will not post at this time. It is costing us some good men and women. But the jihadists started that conflict; it needs to be closed out.

KayMarie

#486765 Oct 31, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
My hand is raised. I'm guilty. Does that mean its not sin anymore, because many Catholics have joined in the Protestant guidance on the subject?

----------
You blame the Protestants, rather than the world and the devil? And 'poor catholics just fell into the Protestant guidance because they couldn't help themselves?'

LOL...

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 63
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 9 hr Salvation is of t... 6
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' 10 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... Thu Imprtnrd 6
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
More from around the web