Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,482)

Showing posts 469,621 - 469,640 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
HOJO,

The fact that the Word of God is infinite and unfathomable implies that the AUTHOR (GOD) is infinite in HIS nature and expression.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Disciple wrote:
I have another good one for you liberals (June)
"Ecclesiastes 10:2" defines libs and conservatives dead on.
"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left"
LOL!
And of course you USE that scripture to puff up your own ego as being wise ... and point at others who disagree with your dogmas as being fools.

That was and is the self-serving devious game played by all scripture-USERS.

I already was aware (without you using that scripture) that you believe your religion puts you up on a pedestal above others.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

doug wrote:
<quoted text> study the scriptures properly and you will find there is no hell where you burn in a fire, hell is the grave,(shoel or Hades) God is a loving God he will not punish you in (your hell) Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, a blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
If you are trying to remove the hell-dogma from religions around the world ... there won't be any reason for religion.

Without punishment, there will be no fear, and without fear of rejection from all those gods ... religion is useless.

Religion needs all those many negative and hair raising hells in order to survive.

I suggest you stop being a party-pooper.

:)

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
How funny ... especially (within the theology) when you refuse to honor the one god by using his real name ... Jehovah.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my handsome,loving,compassionate, husband Nick!!!! I knew the first moment I saw you that you were someone special!!! Your humor made me smile..your love touched my soul.With each and everyday that passes by I will treasure you in my heart...With love now and forever, Seraphima

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible proclaims its own authority.
Theologians did all the writing and then in turn bragged that what they wrote was based on truth.

It's a very old trick of the religious-trade. "I'll give you my words that will allow me to control your thinking and in turn take your money as my reward."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
HOJO,

1 Corinthians 2:9-13

9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God HAS PREPARED for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has REVEALED to us by HIS SPIRIT.

<<<The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.>>>

11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their OWN SPIRIT within them?~~~In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.~~~

12 What we have received is NOT the spirit of the world, but the ***Spirit WHO IS from God,*** so that we may UNDERSTAND what God has FREELY GIVEN US.

13 This is what we speak, NOT in words taught us by human wisdom but <<<<<in WORDS TAUGHT by the Spirit,>>>>> explaining spiritual realities with SPIRIT-TAUGHT WORDS.

This is why I continue to tell people SPIRITUAL.....listen to these WORDS, HOJO.....

in WORDS TAUGHT by the SPIRIT....whose Spirit? GOD'S....

explaining SPIRITUAL REALITIES WITH....WHAT??? SPIRIT-TAUGHT WORDS.....

Now, HOJO.....

If you cannot understand that the Word of God <<<IS>>> the authority....I don't know how else to explain it to you.....

The Spirit searched out the deep things of the mind of God in order to reveal them to man.

In turn, the Spirit of God then MOVED godly men to write those things down in permanent form in the SCRIPTURES, the Bible!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians did all the writing and then in turn bragged that what they wrote was based on truth.
It's a very old trick of the religious-trade. "I'll give you my words that will allow me to control your thinking and in turn take your money as my reward."
June,

There is NO control.....as God gives everyone FREE WILL....

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.......... Almighty God is the "final judge"
MICHAEL says.......than why do you come on here everyday JUDGING everyone else?
Well stated.

The scripture "Judge not lest ye be judged" was one of the most ludicrous scriptures ever written by nincompoop theologians.

Imagine ... burning people at the stake ... and then pretending to not be judging them!

Morons!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my handsome,loving,compassionate, husband Nick!!!! I knew the first moment I saw you that you were someone special!!! Your humor made me smile..your love touched my soul.With each and everyday that passes by I will treasure you in my heart...With love now and forever, Seraphima
Happy Anniversary to both of you!

I pray that both of you will have a wonderful day together filled with lots of love!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Does the below scriptures say to you that mere men (Group of People-Christians-"Called Out") have the authority over the Word of God?

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Another ridiculous scripture is "Thou shalt not kill."

REALLY???

With one war after another after another, the land of Jerusalem is probably where the most killing took place on earth.

It seems that killing others in the name of "holiness" was not forbidden by humans ... OR their images that they created of gods.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
There is NO control.....as God gives everyone FREE WILL....
That is an oxymoronic statement.

If I have free will ... I HAVE control.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

oxymoronic

Web definitions

(oxymoron) conjoining contradictory terms (as in `deafening silence')

https://www.google.ca/#q=oxymoronic+definitio...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

decivers and posessors..its teacheng from apostols
why you need go where decivers and posessors allready know how is very easy destroy all of you..
how you knoqw what your masters prepeare for you as well why
must be very usfull sweep off all of you
it is written
one day as jesus day are 1000 years after that you are nothing at all

moses sat not to wish anything not at all
why you need go where you did not know nothing at all
as well
it is written
they will come in my name
its not me

they will offer miracle like never before
yeeeeeee
but it is written
vannity vanity everything vanity under sky

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I never asked to be created ... so even IF that occurred ... I had no free will.

I never asked to be bossed around by a bully god that commands me to follow his dogmas ... so I have no free will.

I don't want to go to a heaven or a hell ... so I have NO free will.

From the get-go, religion is man-created BUNK!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I DID trust theologians to tell the truth ... but when I realized that they didn't have a clue with the word truth meant ... I quit giving them my power and began to think totally free of all religion.
For the last four years I have been at peace within, and it feels "wonderful."
....and I am happy for you to finally open your eyes.

Self.

Pretty cool, huh?

:o)

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Until people stop being seduced by the idea from religious nonsense that there is a need to climb a spiritual ladder back to a pure state of being, the competition to climb that invisible ladder will create tension, division, bloodshed and death among believers.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an oxymoronic statement.
If I have free will ... I HAVE control.
June,

Choose between the true God of heaven who had delivered His people or lesser false gods?

Joshua 24:15

15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.~~~~~But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”~~~~~

Today, choose God or self?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who follow Judaism or the Muslim religion can believe and do what they want!........ Makes no difference to me!.... As a follower, believer and a disciple of Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church, I'll continue to remain in communion (each day) with Our Lord, at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood), the WORD OF GOD (made flesh), Confession, and the Sacraments with daily prayer and adoration.....You and others can do what you want!!! It is your choice!! I've made mine!!!
Self - no religion required.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 469,621 - 469,640 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••