Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646325 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486907 Oct 31, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
I agree that America is one of the best places to live in the world, but the point IS that the Americans HAVE started wars.
Have you so soon forgotten George Bush's invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Afghanistan???

----------
Have YOU forgotten the 3,000 that died on 9/11? The Boston Bombing?
The Fort Hood shooting?

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486908 Oct 31, 2013
who="Corgi lover" <quoted text>OPnly through the Eucharist, only through the Eucharist. Luther was a bigoted man and hated Jews. Adolph Hitler loved Luther and got his ideas from Luther, scary, isn't it.

----------
Lies aren't scary...
KM

Location hidden

#486909 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have told you many times before, New Age, "believe what you want" makes no difference to me or "any other Catholic" who knows (without a doubt) the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH which has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ Himself -The WORD OF GOD made flesh, manifested in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
You bible only "fundies" can worship God "in your way"!......I/we as Catholics will continue (as all Catholic Christians have) for over 2000 years, to worship God "in HIS way" in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!!!
Right on!!! Ah love to see you guys calling your pope a liar!!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#486910 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
..... "Remember my dear love Seraphima, how we got on that topix forum and bashed the Catholic Church together"
Lol. Kidding. Say, you video wasn't of a Greek wedding dance, it was a undercover news story about a fraudulent minister. Did you know that? It was interesting. Probably not is much as a Greek wedding dance. Lol
I had my wife click it and it took her to the dance. You must be yoking. AHHHHHH Yes The Bashing. The good old days. LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#486911 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If my wife said that to me, I would run out the door and head to the bar really fast. Lol :-)
Have a great anniversary. Congrats.
Thanx. My grandson (2) was dressed as a lobster for Halloween LOL We spent the night with him.

Location hidden

#486913 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible in NOT the only authority for Christians. It "can't be" because it cannot interpret itself! The bible "directs us" to an authority "outside of itself" to understand what it actually means. Catholics have the greatest love for Scripture. We want to ensure that it is properly interpreted (NO ABUSED) with false and heretical interpretations that continue to "divide, splinter and fracture" the Body of Christ, like it has for over 450 years since the Reformation. God is not the author of your 42,100+ contradicting and conflicting bible only inconsistent denominations that are "nothing" but a hodge-podge of "opinionated RELATIVE TRUTH "editorialized (self) interpretations of the bible in which "each one" follows its own "what I think"
Paul, in his letter to Timothy "debunks and refutes" your 18th century bible only "man made" fictitious beliefs, in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!! There is ONLY ONE TRUTH!!!(not 42,100+ opposing bible only "contradicting" relative truths!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

You are saying the Word of God is a lie.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486914 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
I agree that America is one of the best places to live in the world, but the point IS that the Americans HAVE started wars.
Have you so soon forgotten George Bush's invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Afghanistan???
----------
Have YOU forgotten the 3,000 that died on 9/11? The Boston Bombing?
The Fort Hood shooting?
KayMarie
And in the months,leading up.to.the war .as the,French pres...a,great friend,of Sadaam ......all those,trucks,going to Syria,.from.Iraq

SADAAM used weapons,on his,OWN citizens,..think.it disappeared ??

Who else has used weapons,against its,own people ???? SYRIA.

WHAT a coincidence

Location hidden

#486915 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Church is Visible and One
Matt. 12:25; Mark 3:25; Luke 11:17 - Jesus says a kingdom divided against itself is laid waste and will not stand. This describes Protestantism and the many thousands of denominations that continue to multiply each year.
Matt. 16:18 - Jesus says, "I will build my 'Church'(not churches)." There is only one Church built upon one Rock with one teaching authority, not many different denominations, built upon various pastoral opinions and suggestions.
Matt. 16:19; 18:18 - Jesus gave the apostles binding and loosing authority. But this authority requires a visible Church because "binding and loosing" are visible acts. The Church cannot be invisible, or it cannot bind and loose.
John 10:16 - Jesus says there must only be one flock and one shepherd. This cannot mean many denominations and many pastors, all teaching different doctrines. Those outside the fold must be brought into the Church.
John 17:11,21,23 - Jesus prays that His followers may be perfectly one as He is one with the Father. Jesus' oneness with the Father is perfect. It can never be less. Thus, the oneness Jesus prays for cannot mean the varied divisions of Christianity that have resulted since the Protestant reformation. There is perfect oneness only in the Catholic Church.
John 17:21 - Jesus states that the visible unity of the Church would be a sign that He was sent by God. This is an extremely important verse. Jesus tells us that the unity of the Church is what bears witness to Him and the reality of who He is and what He came to do for us. There is only one Church that is universally united, and that is the Catholic Church. Only the unity of the Catholic Church truly bears witness to the reality that Jesus Christ was sent by the Father.
1 Cor. 1:10- Paul prays for no dissensions and disagreements among Christians, being of the same mind and the same judgment. How can Protestant pastors say that they are all of the same mind and the same judgment on matters of faith and morals?
Eph. 1:22-23; 5:23-32; Col. 1:18,24 - again, the Church does not mean "invisible" unity, because Paul called it the body (not the soul) of Christ. Bodies are visible, and souls are invisible.
Eph. 4:11-14 - God gives members of the Church various gifts in order to attain to the unity of the faith. This unity is only found in the Catholic Church.
Eph. 4:3-5 - we are of one body, one Spirit, one faith and one baptism. This requires doctrinal unity, not 42,000 different denominations.
Eph. 5:25 - the Church is the Bride of Christ. Jesus has only one Bride, not many.
Eph. 5:30; Rom. 12:4-5; 1 Cor. 6:15 - we, as Christians, are one visible body in Christ, not many bodies, many denominations.
Phil. 2:2 - Paul prays that Christians be of the same mind, of one accord. Yet there are 42,000+ different "Protest"ant denominations?
Col. 1:18 - Christ is the Head of the one body, the Church. He is not the Head of many bodies or many sects.
1 Tim. 6:4 - Paul warns about those who seek controversy and disputes about words. There must be a universal authority to appeal to who can trace its authority back to Christ and that is only in the Catholic Church
2 He gives us through His Church.
1 Peter 3:8 - Peter charges us to have unity of spirit. This is impossible unless there is a central teaching authority given to us by God.
1 Cor. 14:33 - God cannot be the author of the Protestant confusion. Only the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church claims and proves to be Christ's Church.
edited for space

The National Council of Church’s report on church membership lists the following organizations as the top ten biggest religious denominations in the U.S.A.:

The Catholic Church: 68.5 million..

You are saying the National Council of Churches is lying!!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486916 Oct 31, 2013
War stalled by the,FRENCH and,Germans,..any one,really think that the,sane,country who gassed its,people,

And had a,nuclear facility ..thankfully bombed by Israel ..

The same dictator trying to invade,his neighbors ..REALLY had no W M D ..

they had months,to get rid of it...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486917 Oct 31, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanx. My grandson (2) was dressed as a lobster for Halloween LOL We spent the night with him.
Great ...nice way to spend your,anniversary ..
I get to see,my boys,in 5 weeks,..

Just got a big bottle of bubbles ..a,bag full of wands ..
There might be 5 Kids..at the in-laws ..
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486918 Oct 31, 2013
you say liar..
Creator created our ancestors yee..then someone according whom have ability think someone not..as well on other side who can and who can't..

according money someone think you are worthy or not money become from dust elements papers plastics numbers and so on ..then all others who don't have that rabbish not worthy..aiiiiii must be something wrong..people tribe nations killing each other because of that..

Another things womans mothers widows children according many also not worthy,,sience this civilization exist..
depend who can and who can't..

Is that right or not?

Location hidden

#486919 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20
Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.
ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM
Ro 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

As usual you are loss as a goose!!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486920 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
..... "Remember my dear love Seraphima, how we got on that topix forum and bashed the Catholic Church together"
Lol. Kidding. Say, you video wasn't of a Greek wedding dance, it was a undercover news story about a fraudulent minister. Did you know that? It was interesting. Probably not is much as a Greek wedding dance. Lol
That was not very nice Liam...even if you are joking its not nice to say.it was spiteful.
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486921 Oct 31, 2013
production for what..
Is that right word as well why?

Location hidden

#486922 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20
Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.
ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You can, like mommy Teresa, do good works till you are blue in the face....in regards your salvation....they are nothing but a heap of dung....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#486923 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>Thanx. My grandson (2) was dressed as a lobster for Halloween LOL We spent the night with him.
We had seventy little ones at the door:)
Slick

Union City, OK

#486924 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your pick! Each group of Jews had their own title for their own image of a god. But unlike the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants, the gods at least DID have titles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot
2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_...
Hey Thank's yes they did have many names for god But As you know My Point Is He Is Not A God.He to me Is my heavenly Father Yahweh.I wish the rest of the world could see that but i don't think they ever will maybe a few I don't think I will ever give up trying. I keep hoping I can reach Just that one Person That understands he is not A god.But Even me was raised a baptist and taught to worship A god.Just like the Laws with out them this world is A giant sinful Shit hole.I guess my point would be With the laws and if everyone kept them the world would not be like it is now.I'm far from perfect.But The Law Changed my life.
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#486925 Oct 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
You can, like mommy Teresa, do good works till you are blue in the face....in regards your salvation....they are nothing but a heap of dung....
You haven't a clue what your talking about. you are the poster boy for the catastrophe of private interpretations of sacred scripture. Don't bother investigating or taunting me either. Just let your words stand before the Lord someday and see how you hold up. I will do the same.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#486926 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Why would I think Protestants don't do good works?? I don't even feel I need to defend this.
I'll jump to your line about 'nothing we do can earn our way into Heaven'. That thought is contrary to the will of Jesus and scripture. Whatever sect is teaching that falsehood you should run from.
----------
Clay, this thought is the result of two sides putting two half truths together to make two whole lies. We must be born again by faith...after which we are to strive to live a holy life.
(1) We ARE saved by faith, and CANNOT do anything ourselves that can persuade God to save us.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(The 'spiritual' man is awakened to spiritual matters.)
(2) Anyone who has truly experienced God's love, will, as a result, do good works.
(There are instructions in the Word that tell us how we ought to do good things. Good works earn rewards/crowns...NOT salvation.)
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity (at war) against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.
KayMarie
This is correct teaching. Blessings Kay
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#486927 Oct 31, 2013
Awesome. I enjoyed seeing all the costumes tonight. No lobsters here in MN though. Plenty of zombies though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web