Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650112 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486823 Oct 31, 2013

The Church is Visible and One

Matt. 12:25; Mark 3:25; Luke 11:17 - Jesus says a kingdom divided against itself is laid waste and will not stand. This describes Protestantism and the many thousands of denominations that continue to multiply each year.

Matt. 16:18 - Jesus says, "I will build my 'Church'(not churches)." There is only one Church built upon one Rock with one teaching authority, not many different denominations, built upon various pastoral opinions and suggestions.

Matt. 16:19; 18:18 - Jesus gave the apostles binding and loosing authority. But this authority requires a visible Church because "binding and loosing" are visible acts. The Church cannot be invisible, or it cannot bind and loose.

John 10:16 - Jesus says there must only be one flock and one shepherd. This cannot mean many denominations and many pastors, all teaching different doctrines. Those outside the fold must be brought into the Church.

John 17:11,21,23 - Jesus prays that His followers may be perfectly one as He is one with the Father. Jesus' oneness with the Father is perfect. It can never be less. Thus, the oneness Jesus prays for cannot mean the varied divisions of Christianity that have resulted since the Protestant reformation. There is perfect oneness only in the Catholic Church.

John 17:21 - Jesus states that the visible unity of the Church would be a sign that He was sent by God. This is an extremely important verse. Jesus tells us that the unity of the Church is what bears witness to Him and the reality of who He is and what He came to do for us. There is only one Church that is universally united, and that is the Catholic Church. Only the unity of the Catholic Church truly bears witness to the reality that Jesus Christ was sent by the Father.

1 Cor. 1:10- Paul prays for no dissensions and disagreements among Christians, being of the same mind and the same judgment. How can Protestant pastors say that they are all of the same mind and the same judgment on matters of faith and morals?

Eph. 1:22-23; 5:23-32; Col. 1:18,24 - again, the Church does not mean "invisible" unity, because Paul called it the body (not the soul) of Christ. Bodies are visible, and souls are invisible.

Eph. 4:11-14 - God gives members of the Church various gifts in order to attain to the unity of the faith. This unity is only found in the Catholic Church.

Eph. 4:3-5 - we are of one body, one Spirit, one faith and one baptism. This requires doctrinal unity, not 42,000 different denominations.

Eph. 5:25 - the Church is the Bride of Christ. Jesus has only one Bride, not many.

Eph. 5:30; Rom. 12:4-5; 1 Cor. 6:15 - we, as Christians, are one visible body in Christ, not many bodies, many denominations.

Phil. 2:2 - Paul prays that Christians be of the same mind, of one accord. Yet there are 42,000+ different "Protest"ant denominations?

Col. 1:18 - Christ is the Head of the one body, the Church. He is not the Head of many bodies or many sects.

1 Tim. 6:4 - Paul warns about those who seek controversy and disputes about words. There must be a universal authority to appeal to who can trace its authority back to Christ and that is only in the Catholic Church

2 Tim. 2:14 - do not dispute about words which only ruin the hearers. Two-thousand years of doctrinal unity is a sign of Christ's Church.

2 Tim. 4:3 - this is a warning on following our own desires and not the teachings of God. It is not a cafeteria where we pick and choose. We must humble ourselves and accept all of Christ's teachings which He gives us through His Church.

1 Peter 3:8 - Peter charges us to have unity of spirit. This is impossible unless there is a central teaching authority given to us by God.

1 Cor. 14:33 - God cannot be the author of the Protestant confusion. Only the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church claims and proves to be Christ's Church.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486824 Oct 31, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop arguing and preaching and debating.
You can't do it one way and then pretend to not be doing it that way.
I know you are a Catholic. I get it. I know you believe you are saved. I get it. I know you believe I will go to hell. I get it.
Do you GET that I get it and I don't need to be reminded again and again and again???
:)
But many "bible only" Protestants "don't get it" and it needs to be repeated over and over and over again, so that hopefully, miraculously or (just by some "slim" chance)-----it might "sink in"!!!
OldJG

Cape Coral, FL

#486825 Oct 31, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
"Husbands and wives "make love," they do not "make babies." They give expression to their love for one another, and a child may or may not be engendered by that act of love. The marital act is not a manufacturing process, and children are not products."
http://www.usccb.org/
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Were Mary and Joseph "husband and wife"? Yes. And what did they do? They made love. Oops! There goes one of your Roman Catholic lies. No more perpetual virginity. If you remain on this forum long enough you will come to understand the great majority of what you express you believe is a lie. Pray you will receive the true Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Regina, where are you? Where are you hojo, AnthonyMN, Cly and the rest of the Roman Catholics?

Regina said, quote, ""Husbands and wives "make love," they do not "make babies." They give expression to their love for one another, and a child may or may not be engendered by that act of love." End quote.

QUESTION? Does the Bible tell us Mary and Joseph were married? Most definitely.

There are three passages of Scripture that pertain specifically to the time of Joseph and Mary’s betrothal, the consummation of their marriage, and the birth of Jesus:

Matthew 1:18-25
Luke 1:26-56
Luke 2:1-7

Each passage reveals something about their relationship as well as the culture of that time period.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486826 Oct 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>496
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
And:
Mother Teresa secretly doubted God's existence : Dangerous ...
dangerousintersection.org › Religion&#8206;
Aug 24, 2007 - If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.”... ps. I do hope that Mother Teresa hasn't crossed the line into denying the Holy Spirit!
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 2:20

Works of the law are not 'good deeds, charity, behavior etc etc'.
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)

But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans

"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
"But do you want to know Oh foolish man that faith apart from works is dead"
24 you see that a man is justified by works and not faith alone"

The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.

Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.

ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WORKS-LAW.HTM
OldJG

Cape Coral, FL

#486827 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Church is Visible and One
Matt. 12:25; Mark 3:25; Luke 11:17 - Jesus says a kingdom divided against itself is laid waste and will not stand. This describes Protestantism and the many thousands of denominations that continue to multiply each year.
Matt. 16:18 - Jesus says, "I will build my 'Church'(not churches)." There is only one Church built upon one Rock with one teaching authority, not many different denominations, built upon various pastoral opinions and suggestions.
Matt. 16:19; 18:18 - Jesus gave the apostles binding and loosing authority. But this authority requires a visible Church because "binding and loosing" are visible acts. The Church cannot be invisible, or it cannot bind and loose.
John 10:16 - Jesus says there must only be one flock and one shepherd. This cannot mean many denominations and many pastors, all teaching different doctrines. Those outside the fold must be brought into the Church.
John 17:11,21,23 - Jesus prays that His followers may be perfectly one as He is one with the Father. Jesus' oneness with the Father is perfect. It can never be less. Thus, the oneness Jesus prays for cannot mean the varied divisions of Christianity that have resulted since the Protestant reformation. There is perfect oneness only in the Catholic Church.
John 17:21 - Jesus states that the visible unity of the Church would be a sign that He was sent by God. This is an extremely important verse. Jesus tells us that the unity of the Church is what bears witness to Him and the reality of who He is and what He came to do for us. There is only one Church that is universally united, and that is the Catholic Church. Only the unity of the Catholic Church truly bears witness to the reality that Jesus Christ was sent by the Father.
1 Cor. 1:10- Paul prays for no dissensions and disagreements among Christians, being of the same mind and the same judgment. How can Protestant pastors say that they are all of the same mind and the same judgment on matters of faith and morals?
Eph. 1:22-23; 5:23-32; Col. 1:18,24 - again, the Church does not mean "invisible" unity, because Paul called it the body (not the soul) of Christ. Bodies are visible, and souls are invisible.
Eph. 4:11-14 - God gives members of the Church various gifts in order to attain to the unity of the faith. This unity is only found in the Catholic Church.
Eph. 4:3-5 - we are of one body, one Spirit, one faith and one baptism. This requires doctrinal unity, not 42,000 different denominations.
Eph. 5:25 - the Church is the Bride of Christ. Jesus has only one Bride, not many.
Eph. 5:30; Rom. 12:4-5; 1 Cor. 6:15 - we, as Christians, are one visible body in Christ, not many bodies, many denominations.
Phil. 2:2 - Paul prays that Christians be of the same mind, of one accord. Yet there are 42,000+ different "Protest"ant denominations?
Col. 1:18 - Christ is the Head of the one body, the Church. He is not the Head of many bodies or many sects.
1 Tim. 6:4 - Paul warns about those who seek controversy and disputes about words. There must be a universal authority to appeal to who can trace its authority back to Christ and that is only in the Catholic Church
2 Tim. 2:14 - do not dispute about words which only ruin the hearers. Two-thousand years of doctrinal unity is a sign of Christ's Church.
2 Tim. 4:3 - this is a warning on following our own desires and not the teachings of God. It is not a cafeteria where we pick and choose. We must humble ourselves and accept all of Christ's teachings which He gives us through His Church.
1 Peter 3:8 - Peter charges us to have unity of spirit. This is impossible unless there is a central teaching authority given to us by God.
1 Cor. 14:33 - God cannot be the author of the Protestant confusion. Only the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church claims and proves to be Christ's Church.
Hojo, this is your interpretation of the verses you listed. Shame on you. Remember, you do not interpret...you are a blind dumb sheep.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486828 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
God DOES really have a plan.
If Jehovah has a plan ... you are DOOMED to Gehenna's fiery pit for not being a faithful Jew.

HALLELUJAH ... Praise ye Jehovah!

Isn't religion FUN when it works against all your plans???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486829 Oct 31, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Pope Paul VI’s 1968 Encyclical Humanae Vitae brought out the procreative dimension more explicitly:
Each and every marital act must of necessity retain its intrinsic relationship to the procreation of human life....This particular doctrine, often expounded by the magisterium of the Church, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage act.
St. Thomas Aquinas and the Council of Trent explain that the goals of the marriage are two: the primary goal is the procreation and education of the offspring; the secondary goal is the mutual support of the spouses, either psychologically or as a remedy for concupiscence (Summa theologiae, Supplementum, Q. 67, a. 1, ad 4th; Catechism of Trent, Part II, VII,§§ 13-14).
Pope Paul VI in his encyclical "Humanae Vitae" stated, "Each and every marriage act must remain open to the transmission of life (No. 11). The Holy Father continued, "This particular doctrine, expounded on numerous occasions by the Magisterium, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage pact" ("Humanae Vitae," No. 12).
Historically, procreation has been a central, if not the central, purpose for marriage. Justin
Martyr of the second century felt that the desire to procreate was the only thing that legitimized
sex even for married couples (Haas et al., 2001).
Catechism of the Catholic ChurchPart II, Section Two, Chapter 3
2366 Fecundity is a gift, an end of marriage, for conjugal love naturally tends to be fruitful. A child does not come from outside as something added on to the mutual love of the spouses, but springs from the very heart of that mutual giving, as its fruit and fulfillment. So the Church, which "is on the side of life"[150] teaches that "each and every marriage act must remain open 'per se' to the transmission of life."[151] "This particular doctrine, expounded on numerous occasions by the Magisterium, is based on the inseparable connection, established by God, which man on his own initiative may not break, between the unitive significance and the procreative significance which are both inherent to the marriage act."[152]
2367 Called to give life, spouses share in the creative power and fatherhood of God.[153] "Married couples should regard it as their proper mission to transmit human life and to educate their children; they should realize that they are thereby cooperating with the love of God the Creator and are, in a certain sense, its interpreters. They will fulfill this duty with a sense of human and Christian responsibility."[154]

----------
In our current 'imagined' freedom, we are committing national suicide. Having two children barely replaces ourselves. Many have one, or none. Over fifty million abortions has destroyed our armed forces. We don't have the means to protect ourselves. It has reduced us from a mostly white Christian nation (I'm not racist) to something that looks like a third world country, over-run with refugees from everywhere.

Our Social Security program that once allowed seniors and those otherwise deprived, to stay out of the 'poorhouse', was SPENT by Congress, with a promise to repay. It must have been quite a sum, because interest rates at the time were over 20%. They put PAPER IOU's in 'safe' places, and never repaid.

When SS was instituted there were about 30 young people paying into the system to each one person who was dependent on it. Now, abortion has changed that rate...there are about 3 young people paying in for each dependent.

To make it worse, illegal aliens are feeding off the system, and they say that SS is going broke...but they are blaming that on senior citizens.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#486830 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
But many "bible only" Protestants "don't get it" and it needs to be repeated over and over and over again, so that hopefully, miraculously or (just by some "slim" chance)-----it might "sink in"!!!
So then ... I suggest you stop pretending you are not here to preach, as that is a blatant lie.

The Protestants and Catholics are all here to preach sermons about how others will land in hell and THEY will land in Christian heaven.

I don't want to be included in the rush to either figmented imaginary dwelling that I believe exists only in your heads, as I believe the buck stops there.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486831 Oct 31, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says.......As a matter of fact I did go to prison. Twice.
Michael says.....Is that why you keep changing your name? Are you on the Lam right now?
You continually criticize me and I have never had a speeding ticket or parking ticket and you have been to prison at least TWICE!!
OMG!
Prison wasn't exactly the correct term. Jail then workhouse twice. Not the big house, the little house. Yeah, I wish i would have embraced the Catholic faith much sooner..

Prince George, Canada

#486832 Oct 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo,... you are a blind dumb sheep.
Are you a wide-awake sheep???

Prince George, Canada

#486833 Oct 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I prefer my sermons to yours.

If Jehovah has a plan ... you are DOOMED to Gehenna's fiery pit for not being a faithful Jew.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#486834 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are YOU Oldjg??
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 3:20
Paul being a Jew, was writing to the Jews about the Jewish works of the law (torah) that will not justify them (ie Circumcision, food laws and festival laws.)
But James is not writing about Jewish works of the law in James 2:14-26. Protestant osas believers are guilty of going against the word of God here and changing the word of God in Pauls letter to the Romans
"What does it profit brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?.....faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead'
The works that James speaks of are doing what Mother Theresa did. The works (of the law) that Paul speaks of are not.
Now go and completely ignore this, Ox and carry on with your taunting and deceit.

Prince George, Canada

#486835 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer my sermon to yours.

Prince George, Canada

#486836 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison wasn't exactly the correct term. Jail then workhouse twice. Not the big house, the little house. Yeah, I wish i would have embraced the Catholic faith much sooner..
Christians make up about 80% of the American population AND prison population.

http://askville.amazon.com/Religion-prison-po...

Prince George, Canada

#486837 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are YOU Oldjg??
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ" Rom 3:20
I prefer my sermons to yours.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486838 Oct 31, 2013
who="Liam <quoted text>
Why invent a pill that allows you to keep having sex without the headache of a baby? Is that Gods fault? Should He change the truth because we humans can't stop poking each other because 'its fun'?
Protestantism - or at least,'protestant thinking'-has led the way in inventing, distributing and promoting contraception. You have too many self proclaimed pastors who have no business interpreting the Bible.

----------
Babies are not HEADACHES!

KM

Prince George, Canada

#486839 Oct 31, 2013
Some people might believe I am spamming and they would be right.

But the Christians won't acknowledge that they might spend eternity in Gehenna's fiery pit or Islam's hell.

They just want to believe others deserve the negative stuff and they deserve ALL the positive.

They are totally dishonest and deceitful, so I will continue to preach my sermon as being based on truth.

Prince George, Canada

#486840 Oct 31, 2013
The modern Pagans are very cagey. They don't refer to those in other religions as heretics or evil beings. They welcome those from all religions as their own flesh and blood. Isn't that NICE?

Meanwhile the Moms and Pops Christians wonder how their angels in college end up as Wiccans and the "like" praying to a goddess to come down into their psyches and give them power to control their own destinies.

Michael

Canada

#486841 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you have turned your life around. It takes a big person to admit their mistakes.

Prince George, Canada

#486842 Oct 31, 2013
Jerry Falwell knew that honey drew in believers more often than would vinegar.

He seduced his victims by being nice to them to the point of almost converting the sex-machine Larry Flynt of Hustler-Magazine.

But Jerry repulsed me with his smooth and beguiling ways. From my perception he was a nasty man with the morals of a Martin Luther and the popes combined who taught lies in the guise of truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 23 hr friend 3
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web