Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
469,401 - 469,420 of 537,188 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, your problem was that you became comfortable with the idea that people on the forum were not going to attack you opinions.
When I came on the forum, I knew that my opinions were at odds with the opinions of most of the world's population ... so I expected my opinions to be attacked. After all, I came on the forum to attack other people's opinions ... so fair is fair.
When a poster with the avatar Mary Hammond stated that I murdered both of my daughters, I didn't take offence or report her. I recognized that she was offended that I would dare attack her Catholic religion as being based on lies ... and also I knew that I hadn't murdered my two daughters.
I suggest that if you allow people that post to have power over your own thinking ... then you will end up in a bad way emotionally within yourself. On the other hand, if you have strong self-esteem, you won't allow that to happen. You won't give your own power of thought away to others.
Lol oh I know,..But I was,expecting the,worse,attacks,on tis,from pro-choice,...not a,so called,pro life,person telling me,U was selfish
In giving up my.son..And,oh such a,sinner ...my son would not be proud of me . Etc I corrupted my daughter ..blah blah ..when they have no clue on my personal relations ..

Oh well ..

We,are,supposed to discuss,ideas..not harass,folks,..

I've told you I think your wrong in your beliefs,..

I would never think to discuss,your children...though I am sorry if they ate,hurt ..

But it does take,ALL KINDS,''to be on Topix ...you're,right ..

IN some of the small town threads,.. Well it's,horrible the things,they say on their neighbors,...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Cathie tried[note tried] to give me those kind of lists but since she cant even read her own writing, I ignored them.
I told her that she should have became a doctor, she had that qualification[she cant write so it can be understood]
Excuses Lol ..And she buys,that???
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>first I have to say this....you chose to ignore what Husker has done to Rose. Second,my personal belief is that prevention BEFORE the sexual act I agree with. Anything after the fact NO..I stated that in a post before. Whats wrong with IVF??
On IVF, the Catholic Church teaches that natural law says that reproduction has "an inseparable connection" to sexual union of married couples. It separates the procreative goal of marital sex from the goal of uniting married couples.
Also, IVF causes disposal of embryos in many cases. And you'd agree that this method is used in most situations by homosexual couples and single woman looking to have a donor because they want a baby.
I don't have a problem with the Churchs teaching on it.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with what your saying. I was shocked that someone would say that to you about your two daughters.
I was not at all shocked. I realized from her previous posts that she probably would have given her life to protect a supposed pristine image of her church. It was her indoctrination from childhood of faith in all that was Catholic that mattered to her. I realized that my opinions and my feelings were irrelevant.

On a different occasion Mary wrote the following to another Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the thread "Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays."

Post # 51924

Mary Hammond wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop running around making phony vows. You claim to be a catholic, and that means when you were confirmed you promised to die for the Pope and the Church at a moments notice.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>PLEASE, PLEASE show us ONE verse in the Bible where God tells His people not to use any type of birth control
BUT PRESTON...you missed the part were she claims cussing priest are more holy than using birth control...lol

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>LOLOL...I know what you mean there. I had a prescription for nick I had to fill. The pharmacy couldn't read the writing to fill it and had to call the doctor! I was telling nick yesterday, if anyone got hold of my grocery list they would think I was evil. I wrote on my list can cats, whips ,and snakes...which meant can cat food, whipes, and snackes...lol Hope your well!!
Whips,cats in cans,???? Lol

Yeah mine,says,what DOES,THIS,SAY???

When he,was working ..he'd write on my shopping list..
Not saying .

But I'd get to the,store and crack up laughing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't a good Catholic back then, I was hardly a Catholic at all. Besides, I did allot worse things than using contraception.
And what's with your last two sentences? You're admitting you are a sinner? Interesting.
EVERYONE on earth that breathes is a sinner....he admits it as well as you did.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yikes...there goes the steaks ,pork chops, oh no, the turkey! And the Christmas Ham!!!(faints)
YUP! Life as we know it is kaput!

I can't even bathe, because god might be offended if I kill the little bitty life-forms that feed on my body.

:)

By trying to avoid what they were indoctrinated to believe was sin, and therefore offensive to god or gods, religion drove many people insane, and in the end to commit suicide.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Both in romance and in life, the peasant who hanged himself as a way out of his misery was a coward whose corpse deserved to be subjected to torture and whose soul was relegated to hell; the impetuous knight who chose death over surrender on the battlefield was a hero deserving of both civil and religious honors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
On IVF, the Catholic Church teaches that natural law says that reproduction has "an inseparable connection" to sexual union of married couples. It separates the procreative goal of marital sex from the goal of uniting married couples.
Also, IVF causes disposal of embryos in many cases. And you'd agree that this method is used in most situations by homosexual couples and single woman looking to have a donor because they want a baby.
well, then you have a rule that that includes married couple(man and a woman) that want their own children but are having trouble conceiving their own child. And with todays medical advancements help is here.MY daughter and son in law had IVF and now have a beautiful baby 2 year old boy. And it is believed that he is gifted. He just turned 2 in july and knows his ABC's can count to 20..and sing Twinkle twinkle little star. the whole song.My daughter has two more embryos in the frezzer in Baltimore and they are going back in 3 weeks to retrieve them! Life is beautiful!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whips,cats in cans,???? Lol
Yeah mine,says,what DOES,THIS,SAY???
When he,was working ..he'd write on my shopping list..
Not saying .
But I'd get to the,store and crack up laughing
LOL...my list is pitiful but I understand it..lol

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived I suggest he would not have been a nice man. He would have claimed that only those who followed his own religion would be saved and that would have equated him as a leader of just another religious cult.
He would also have supported the idea that those who didn't obey his commands (not requests) deserved to be burned for eternity in a fiery hell.
If that is love ... I don't want any part in it whatsoever.
That's the thing ..he spoke to PEOPLE,in crowds,..one on one ..the ONLY commands,he mentioned. Love GOD ..love your neighbor ..EHOM he made sure,to point out was,every one .

He did NOT give rituals,..he said,BELIEVE ..

He did,NOT set up.a religion .And,seemed to have little use for the
Hypocritical PRIESTS,..

HIS,message,was,to eAch person's heart ....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to be a contradiction. If the Church's position on contraception is based in large part on the purpose of marriage is procreation and a married couple cant procreate,they would be fulfilling God's purpose of marriage through IVF. t also would further God's purpose of marriage in making them a more loving Godly union.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YUP! Life as we know it is kaput!
I can't even bathe, because god might be offended if I kill the little bitty life-forms that feed on my body.
By trying to avoid what they were indoctrinated to believe was sin, and therefore offensive to god or gods, religion drove many people insane, and in the end to commit suicide.
you have body critters? shhhhhh don't tell a soul lol

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol oh I know,..But I was,expecting the,worse,attacks,on tis,from pro-choice,...not a,so called,pro life,person telling me,U was selfish
Trusting others to not turn on your opinions was your big mistake.

We are selfish and defensive of our own opinions and behaviors. And when we realize that in ourselves ... nothing that others say or do comes as a surprise.

I've been referred to as most everything negative on threads of forums, and sometimes I agreed with what the posters were stating. I laughed a lot, and sometimes it would get me down to where I would leave the forum for a while, only to return for another round of the same a few hours later.

I guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not at all shocked. I realized from her previous posts that she probably would have given her life to protect a supposed pristine image of her church. It was her indoctrination from childhood of faith in all that was Catholic that mattered to her. I realized that my opinions and my feelings were irrelevant.
Post # 51924
Mary Hammond wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop running around making phony vows. You claim to be a catholic, and that means when you were confirmed you promised to die for the Pope and the Church at a moments notice.
And here I thought we may be required o due for OUR FAITH IN JESUS,..

wondering if Catholics know,they agreed. To die for the Pope ..I'd never heard that one . But maybe it's,another new one .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # 51924
Mary Hammond wrote:
<quoted text>
your kidding right? Die for the Pope??Are you telling me that when your confirmed you vow to die for the pope?This sounds like an introduction into the mafia not into Christ true Church..

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This appears to be a contradiction. If the Church's position on contraception is based in large part on the purpose of marriage is procreation and a married couple cant procreate,they would be fulfilling God's purpose of marriage through IVF. t also would further God's purpose of marriage in making them a more loving Godly union.
I do have a, problem only with disposal of unused embryos ..think THRY could be adopted out ...to others who have no way to have children ..at a very reduced cost by the clinics ..since half the steps already done ..
Or make less o begin with ...And use them .

I am grossly against these embryos being used for experimentation or stem cells ..

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYONE on earth that breathes is a sinner....he admits it as well as you did.
That word "sinners" stems from the pens of theologians that wanted others to believe they were offending gods.

I believe it is total nonsense.

It's more than enough that we offend each other without dragging invisible man-created gods into the milieu in the pretense that they care about our battles.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

“If sin is innate, it is not voluntary; if it is voluntary, then it is not innate.”

Pelagius

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This appears to be a contradiction. If the Church's position on contraception is based in large part on the purpose of marriage is procreation and a married couple cant procreate,they would be fulfilling God's purpose of marriage through IVF. t also would further God's purpose of marriage in making them a more loving Godly union.
agree.. pumpkin lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••