Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,469)

Showing posts 469,361 - 469,380 of530,088
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>because I am human and I have my own brain. I don't have to agree with everything my church teaches and my church knows this. They know that people in the church will not fellow church teachings 100 percent. Thats why we are sinners..and we admit it.And guess what, I wont be burnt at the stake for believing this way either.
The Orthodox Church is not a court with a rule book that is applied verbatim, as is often the Catholic Church.The Orthodox Church goes deeper than a set of rules with circuitous ins and outs, changes or " doctrinal development",etc. The Orthodox Church has as its head Jesus Christ.The Physician. The Church is a hospital. Except for its basic tenets,the Bishop and Priest will not apply a rule generically across the board, the same to everyone.The priest will assess where the individual is at spiritually and use economia to advise based on what is best at that time to further the person spiritually.It is by no means a lax church.Neither is it a rule book. It is a Spiritual Church. The rules are not there just to follow rules. The rules are there to guide one to God. There is a spiritual dimension to this.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My hand is raised. I'm guilty. Does that mean its not sin anymore, because many Catholics have joined in the Protestant guidance on the subject?
What you need to do is stop your fellow Catholic from judging Rose for her personal belief in birth control and dragging her through the mud on this forum. cant you see that she is a poor example for your church. I am surprised that you have said nothing to her about what she did to Rose on this forum last night.There is nothing Godly in what she did.Tell people that its ok for catholic priest to swear because they come from farms...When right is right and wrong is wrong you should stand up for whats right.Your fellow Catholic will turn people away from your church by her post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox Church is not a court with a rule book that is applied verbatim, as is often the Catholic Church.The Orthodox Church goes deeper than a set of rules with circuitous ins and outs, changes or " doctrinal development",etc. The Orthodox Church has as its head Jesus Christ.The Physician. The Church is a hospital. Except for its basic tenets,the Bishop and Priest will not apply a rule generically across the board, the same to everyone.The priest will assess where the individual is at spiritually and use economia to advise based on what is best at that time to further the person spiritually.It is by no means a lax church.Neither is it a rule book. It is a Spiritual Church. The rules are not there just to follow rules. The rules are there to guide one to God. There is a spiritual dimension to this.
Thankyou! Now what do you want for lunch..lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you, or don't you believe that Jesus was real, and not just a myth?
If you believe he was real, you believe he preached. If you believe the story of Jesus is myth and there was no such character, that will settle the issue one way or the other.
No more pretense on your part.
IN MY OPINION:

- there is no record of a man named Jesus ever being born - outside of biblical texts.

But whether or not this person existed - which is quite unprovable, many of the written morals are useful for one's life and to live by. I live by many of these morals, because I think they are of a benefit to me.

June - it isn't about a person, words that were written, or anything of the sort - it is about how I live my life and how I live it with others - or the actions I make towards those "others" that really matters.

People like you and all of organized religion, think that one MUST believe a certain way within criteria to even have a belief "to live."

You are incorrect in your assessment.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then just have surgery to prevent future babies. You guys don't need to worry about popping a pill or throwing on a blanket. Just have the surgery. Its easy. I almost had it done. My friends said it didn't hurt and it only took a couple minutes. Snip. Woman can get their tubes tide, then you can have all the sex not want and not worry about the trouble.
at my age, I am well aware of birth control..I find bunk beds is the best way to prevent children...and since nickie is on oxygen, he has the bottom bunk lol
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Evangelicals,voted against those who promote,abortion..
Around half of the Catholics voted the other way ..for those people .
CKEAN your house ..before pointing fingers .
No Evangelical Church was,sex outside of marriage is,fine .
Sorry but ABORTIKN ..killing the souks of women is a,worse sin than using a,condom
But that IS,MY OPINION..
[Most Evangelicals,voted against those who promote,abortion..
Around half of the Catholics voted the other way ..for those people .]

Yep! I don't get their hypocrisy.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="doug" <quoted text> read John 3:13 nobody goes to heaven
----------
READ! "No man (HAS) gone up to heaven..." It doesn't say that 'no man WILL'. The Bible clearly promises otherwise.
No man COULD go there until Jesus opened the Door...
KayMarie
You don't know this, so please stop misleading others with a false conclusion.

Shoot - you don't even know if Jesus "opens any door".

Why do you try to mislead others?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya all must have 10+ kids! wow:}
did she say cussing priest are more holy than people that use birth control? LOl
Liam

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you claim you are guilty, what are you doing on this forum criticizing others, for the very same thing you have done wrong?
UNBELIEVABLE!
I ask any thief in prison if stealing is wrong.
I said I am guilty because i used it in the past. I don't now.
Liam

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What you need to do is stop your fellow Catholic from judging Rose for her personal belief in birth control and dragging her through the mud on this forum. cant you see that she is a poor example for your church. I am surprised that you have said nothing to her about what she did to Rose on this forum last night.There is nothing Godly in what she did.Tell people that its ok for catholic priest to swear because they come from farms...When right is right and wrong is wrong you should stand up for whats right.Your fellow Catholic will turn people away from your church by her post.
I haven't been on here in two days, and when I am, I don't monitor everyones conversations.
Sera, what forms of birth control are acceptable? Is surgery and abortion ok? If everyone is going to argue on the behalf of contraception, they need to come up with a list of sinful ones and not sinful ones.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The greater evil is telling young people its okay to give in to temptation. There are amny, many young people who don't give in. You don't here about them because its very unpopular to promote a chaste life. Many do follow Christ bioth protestant and Catholic who do not give in to the glamour of sin. as a mother, grandmother you are to teach this, and tell these young people to wait. If you don't then you are telling them to fall into sin. A parent that tells young people to give in to their temptations is committing vile sin.
Who here claimed that telling a teen about birth control pills and telling the kid its ok to have premarital sex and to sin are the same thing.Do you think that kids are that stupid that if you dont tell them about birth control then they will be scared of being pregnant and not have sex.Adolescents? Who fear almost nothing Study adolescent psychology- the "risk stage" of development.Sure you lay the groundwork. You build the foundation of spirituality and values.You show them the example. You caution. And you LOVE them and give them the message with love.Try telling a kid dont use contraception because that guy in Rome says you cant and you will go to hell. See how far that gets you.Kids are people. You must talk to them. Give them the facts along with the spirituality.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic girl says,...Without the knowledge of those theologians & priests how do you know that what you believe as truth and not satan slipping these ideas into your head.
Michael says........What special knowledge? Anyone can go on line and learn exactly the very same thing that the theologians and priests know.
got anything else?
You forgot the son of sam guy. fact... do you really think that our God would tell anyone to kill another, isn't that against the 10 commandments?
Now, what have you got?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The Corporal Works of Mercy
Feed the hungry
Give drink to the thirsty
Clothe the naked
Shelter the homeless
Visit the sick
Visit the imprisoned
Bury the dead
The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner
Instruct the ignorant (This and the next work are extremely pertinent categories today, when so many people are confused by what the Church teaches on contraception, abortion, homosexuality, etc.)
Counsel the doubtful
Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently
Forgive all injuries
Pray for the living and the dead No other church does this , Only the true Catholic Church does, this is what pro life means, birth control and abortion go against everything I posted. So that makes the Catholic Church the one TRUE Church. We know that the bible, doing unto others etc are all about respecting life. The pro life movement and the TRUE Catholic Church are intertwined.
I really hope,your counselling is,nicer to young girls in trouble .

Or will you REAVEAL their sin 40plus,years later ...And,try shaming them ..as,you did,yesterday ..

And to others,I've,seen..

Try counselling these people,

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

BEFORE,you go after others, talk to your fellow,CATHOLics,so supposedly believe in your,Pope and,what he,Saud ..

And by the,way ..You HAVE NO CLUE……nor,will you ever of how,I take,care,of,my family .

SO QUIT making slanderous,suppositions,..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pull that classic threat that protestants use,
"your argument is with the word of God"
Nooo, my argument is with your unauthorized interpretations of the word of God.
I say the pill, condoms, and surgery are deliberate attempts to prevent life from entering the world WHILE you are having sex. That's a sin.
You say, YOU'LL decide when life should enter, and it'll happen when YOUR ARE ready, and by the means that YOU determine..
The data is already in, truth. Open up your eyes and see why all of protestantland - only 80 yrs ago- sided with the Catholic Church on the subject. Look at what you guys created.
Clay,

Instead of letting God's Word dictate to you, you are allow man to dictate to you....

Sex serves a legitimate purpose....other than reproduction.

Paul tells us that sex is an expression of marital affection and a means of controlling sexual desires.

Proverbs 5:18-19

18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

Like I said, your argument is with the Word of God....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you as a good catholic knew that using birth control was a sin, why did you let your sexual desires control your very being, or did you just believe "hey" I can use birth control. then go to confession be heartly sorry for my actions and I am as good as new again!!

Because you used it in the past and you went to confession to clean your soul your OK, but its OK to criticize others for the same sins you use to commit?

We are all sinners, but we don't need you telling us so.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>That's was my point...start with the Catholics that are using birth control and crucify them before spreading the "your a sinner" to everyone else.Create another forum and go preach that there. This is not the forum.
Exactly ..this,
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

You know,I pray no children are,hurt by finding out things,in the,COUNSELLING when they are,older ..

You have to be careful you don't wind up.like,your mother !!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that.
I acknowledge that you realize compared to what we believe we know that it is all minute compared to the reality of what we don't know.

:)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't mean the Church will change, we don't change because of what is now popular. Its a mortal sin, and always will be. The Fatima children had seen what hell is , The Blessed Virgin told them, many souls go to hell for sins of the flesh. Its very hard to be a Christian . But Christ rewards us for following Him with living for eternity in Heaven.
HuskerDu says....The Blessed Virgin told them, many souls go to hell for sins of the flesh.

Michael says........I didn't think anyone was in Hell. Are't we all suppose to wait for judgement day?

If people commit sins of the flesh, according to the catholic church they have an escape route by going to confession and wiping away the sins of the flesh.

Every time you or I go to a funeral there are always people there who CLAIM "yes he is now in heaven with his wife" or she is in heaven with her parents" ..........what a bunch of wishful thinking. NONSENSE! I have yet to hear anyone say at a funeral, "yes its too bad he is going to hell" He was bad.

People say the darndest things. I don't believe the girls at Fatima either. Its all just made up stuff and the catholic church has run with it for years.

........just my opinions.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't been on here in two days, and when I am, I don't monitor everyones conversations.
Sera, what forms of birth control are acceptable? Is surgery and abortion ok? If everyone is going to argue on the behalf of contraception, they need to come up with a list of sinful ones and not sinful ones.
William (Liam)(Clay) Claypool).....first! why not tell us the birth control methods you used, before judging others?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says........ I ask any thief in prison if stealing is wrong.

Michael says.....You never once went to prison and talked to any thief.

quit your lie-ing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 469,361 - 469,380 of530,088
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••