Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600085 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486454 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, your problem was that you became comfortable with the idea that people on the forum were not going to attack you opinions.
When I came on the forum, I knew that my opinions were at odds with the opinions of most of the world's population ... so I expected my opinions to be attacked. After all, I came on the forum to attack other people's opinions ... so fair is fair.
When a poster with the avatar Mary Hammond stated that I murdered both of my daughters, I didn't take offence or report her. I recognized that she was offended that I would dare attack her Catholic religion as being based on lies ... and also I knew that I hadn't murdered my two daughters.
I suggest that if you allow people that post to have power over your own thinking ... then you will end up in a bad way emotionally within yourself. On the other hand, if you have strong self-esteem, you won't allow that to happen. You won't give your own power of thought away to others.
I agree with what your saying. I was shocked that someone would say that to you about your two daughters. This is exactly what I am talking about when some here claim that their church is the True church and then say the hateful things they say..
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486455 Oct 30, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says........ I ask any thief in prison if stealing is wrong.
Michael says.....You never once went to prison and talked to any thief.
quit your lie-ing
As a matter of fact I did go to prison. Twice.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486456 Oct 30, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If god created everything, why is it OK for you to eat chicken eggs instead of letting the eggs hatch into baby chicks? Aren't they forms of life terminated?
:)

Location hidden

#486457 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't been on here in two days, and when I am, I don't monitor everyones conversations.
Sera, what forms of birth control are acceptable? Is surgery and abortion ok? If everyone is going to argue on the behalf of contraception, they need to come up with a list of sinful ones and not sinful ones.
I am really surprised and disappointed that you would ignore statements like its ok for Catholic priest to swear.No defense coming from any Catholic here saying that its wrong. If a protestant or I had said that would you also ignore it?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#486458 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...I use to give nick those kind of lists...now he gives them to me...Have a good day!
Cathie tried[note tried] to give me those kind of lists but since she cant even read her own writing, I ignored them.

I told her that she should have became a doctor, she had that qualification[she cant write so it can be understood]

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486459 Oct 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
That is double-talk.

We are all stuck in the meanings WE inject into words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Location hidden

#486460 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
yikes...there goes the steaks ,pork chops, oh no, the turkey! And the Christmas Ham!!!(faints)

Location hidden

#486461 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, cussing priests are more holy than people who condone the pill and other birth control. We all sin, but when you promote sinful ways like suppporting birth control, you are doing a real evil thing. More so than any veneal sin.
PLEASE, PLEASE show us ONE verse in the Bible where God tells His people not to use any type of birth control
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486462 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Instead of letting God's Word dictate to you, you are allow man to dictate to you....
Sex serves a legitimate purpose....other than reproduction.
Paul tells us that sex is an expression of marital affection and a means of controlling sexual desires.
Proverbs 5:18-19
18 May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
Like I said, your argument is with the Word of God....
You want me to accept your interpretations as valid. I do not. I'm going with Gods word not yours.
The subject isn't sex, its contraception. Paul did not instruct any married couple to have sex while trying to purposely prevent human life from conceiving. This is your man made 20th century interpretations.

Location hidden

#486463 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact I did go to prison. Twice.
and God forgave you I am sure..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#486464 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My hand is raised. I'm guilty. Does that mean its not sin anymore, because many Catholics have joined in the Protestant guidance on the subject?
Look Clay I'm sure,your a,Good man.

And maybe you are,ONE, of the good guys,who. WOUKD,hAve done right by
Your partner ..You said you had .

But in my time there were plenty of homes,for unwed,mothers who had,to give away their children or,suffer disgrace ..many of its,occupants,were good Catholic girls, lied to by good Catholic boys...

AND THE,FINGER POINTING ,is,always,at the,girl ..

And you really blame,PROTESTANTS...for your confusion

You have never been ..nor will EVER know the despair of what some people refer to hen
AND NOW,as,fallen women ..with people who are,so HOLY shaming them .

And any young man deciding to SIN in his confusion ...????...FOR his pleasure ...should MOST definitely .. not compound the sin..by getting said,FALLEN WOMAN pregnant ...,

Young Catholic boys,and,MEN lie,to women the,same as,any other .

But,they get to be on the,sidelines ...And,IMO ..unless,they offer to support and,marry the ,woman. OR TEEN ..ARE,JUST AS GUILTY if she gets an Abortion....

But hey those good : is,didn't use,birth control or,ask their girlfriends,to....WHAT GOOD YOUNG CATHOLIC boys,..

And,trust me their motivation in ling about live ...turning from the girl ..is,not on the head,of ANY ONE But themselves ..
No protestant was,in their rooms,...

And folks,who point those,fingers,..have no empathy whatsoever ...
A,trait OUR DEAR,LORD,had in abundance
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486465 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am really surprised and disappointed that you would ignore statements like its ok for Catholic priest to swear.No defense coming from any Catholic here saying that its wrong. If a protestant or I had said that would you also ignore it?
I don't know what you're talking about.

Location hidden

#486466 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be very surprised if your Orthodox Bishop promoted the birth control pill.
as ministers of the Gospel, we are charged to Preach what the Bible teaches, and the Bible is silent on [birth control pills], so any minister shouldn't approach this issue at all

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486467 Oct 30, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
- there is no record of a man named Jesus ever being born - outside of biblical texts.
But whether or not this person existed - which is quite unprovable, many of the written morals are useful for one's life and to live by.
Had Jesus lived I suggest he would not have been a nice man. He would have claimed that only those who followed his own religion would be saved and that would have equated him as a leader of just another religious cult.

He would also have supported the idea that those who didn't obey his commands (not requests) deserved to be burned for eternity in a fiery hell.

If that is love ... I don't want any part in it whatsoever.

Location hidden

#486468 Oct 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Cathie tried[note tried] to give me those kind of lists but since she cant even read her own writing, I ignored them.
I told her that she should have became a doctor, she had that qualification[she cant write so it can be understood]
LOLOL...I know what you mean there. I had a prescription for nick I had to fill. The pharmacy couldn't read the writing to fill it and had to call the doctor! I was telling nick yesterday, if anyone got hold of my grocery list they would think I was evil. I wrote on my list can cats, whips ,and snakes...which meant can cat food, whipes, and snackes...lol Hope your well!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486469 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..hey ..I hear,Nick is,driving ..pick me up ..spend,a,bit of time,in warm weather ..But lol won t stop a,lights,
Bring money for tickets,..FHP strict ..Lol
LOL!

Location hidden

#486470 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you're talking about.
Husker posted that she knew Catholic priests that said the BS word in full form.And it was ok for them to say it because they came from farms and are farm people. Many here disagreed.She has mande several statements that makes the Catholic Church look bad and not one Catholic here corrected her.I told her to choose what she posted more carefully because she is making your church look bad.Thats what I am talking about.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486471 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, your problem was that you became comfortable with the idea that people on the forum were not going to attack you opinions.
When I came on the forum, I knew that my opinions were at odds with the opinions of most of the world's population ... so I expected my opinions to be attacked. After all, I came on the forum to attack other people's opinions ... so fair is fair.
When a poster with the avatar Mary Hammond stated that I murdered both of my daughters, I didn't take offence or report her. I recognized that she was offended that I would dare attack her Catholic religion as being based on lies ... and also I knew that I hadn't murdered my two daughters.
I suggest that if you allow people that post to have power over your own thinking ... then you will end up in a bad way emotionally within yourself. On the other hand, if you have strong self-esteem, you won't allow that to happen. You won't give your own power of thought away to others.
Lol oh I know,..But I was,expecting the,worse,attacks,on tis,from pro-choice,...not a,so called,pro life,person telling me,U was selfish
In giving up my.son..And,oh such a,sinner ...my son would not be proud of me . Etc I corrupted my daughter ..blah blah ..when they have no clue on my personal relations ..

Oh well ..

We,are,supposed to discuss,ideas..not harass,folks,..

I've told you I think your wrong in your beliefs,..

I would never think to discuss,your children...though I am sorry if they ate,hurt ..

But it does take,ALL KINDS,''to be on Topix ...you're,right ..

IN some of the small town threads,.. Well it's,horrible the things,they say on their neighbors,...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#486472 Oct 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Cathie tried[note tried] to give me those kind of lists but since she cant even read her own writing, I ignored them.
Excuses Lol ..And she buys,that???
Liam

Jersey City, NJ

#486473 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>first I have to say this....you chose to ignore what Husker has done to Rose. Second,my personal belief is that prevention BEFORE the sexual act I agree with. Anything after the fact NO..I stated that in a post before. Whats wrong with IVF??
On IVF, the Catholic Church teaches that natural law says that reproduction has "an inseparable connection" to sexual union of married couples. It separates the procreative goal of marital sex from the goal of uniting married couples.
Also, IVF causes disposal of embryos in many cases. And you'd agree that this method is used in most situations by homosexual couples and single woman looking to have a donor because they want a baby.
I don't have a problem with the Churchs teaching on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 29 min Paul Porter1 297
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 5 hr Edithbunker 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,602
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr Catholic24 84,332
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
More from around the web