Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486684 Oct 31, 2013
very nice she is mother

see
psychic
psy;chic=brada=n
see pyramide
see long hair both side as i describe as posada=knife its secret reading
see brada as mustach see as sicky people in india
with cover up long hair and down brada divided on other side
see down lags from woodrobe..see addidas symbol see internet measure symbol
see drove as geometric as simetric see image
see
i told you
U u as you make bag as you call borsha torba as woman bags as in within..but its code can be make as spaceship..as magnet huge in within..as recorder for in within huge paralel universal many many many as extantion as financial as economical any any tracking
seeeeeeeeeeee
totaly renew and invest into reneving economy industry transpoprt everything

you have secrets as spy mopdern then anything yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now

many many things
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486685 Oct 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
A true professional cracker eater. WOW! What a false witness.
Typical bible only "fundies" response!!........ Rip, verbally attack and hatefully assault the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) is the "ONE AND ONLY THING" that prevents your half-truth, half-heresy Christianity from (disappearing) together!!
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486686 Oct 31, 2013
as.saul.t
see you belive in paul saul..who prosecuted christans
shut up
hojich pojich
now bruji zuji
see zuji as insect as osa obad srsljen and so on
53 sect as insect
spy
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486687 Oct 31, 2013
now you are lusaka as lucifer lusaca as musaka as maska
mask
see you hiding something

as well you have brk as smrk
yes you are

posto vasha repina iz canade list..a jee as ox kad tijera muhe symbol of bist..
jaaaaaaaaaa
macak u vreci
prodajes se u cijenje
ucjene
neko ko podcjenjuje
rugalica
zugalica
ko prigovara=critic kriti.car=mask wicket
carolija carobni stapic=letters of korea
second secrets north chine sea lampa lampandas=its mean to much talk
not in vain
lova lova do krova..lova=money..less love
its mean
you not love me not honor me
its that region on map perfectly describe..
jaaaaaaa

a burmiceeeeeeeee zur.mica
b.z.urich mica=someone as domino or another dot to dot players as game but secret as money flow..its not love its for money

daj mi svichu da te vidim
navij jace neka svitli

bz..its beez aha as sect 53 insect

da ti nisi neka zvecarka sa brda zveca..ajde ajde bona sto se stidis
pripali svichu primakni se ajde z.veceraj o its din.nar time
really
koliko ces da pojacish na zavijacu..ako je vecersa 7 kako je naopako..neslusash obej..nedaji mi ni srsene ni obade ljuto ko crkavica..e pa ajde u crkvu
pa nece..kasno je vec je z.vecer

a tako
ona caralica zvecarka zmija..ma ggledas jadan nebio..u susjede vijetnamese
vidi map kartu gas
Semmol

Donora, PA

#486688 Oct 31, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Roman are wrong and stupid time is change the lie of religion is appearing
Liam

Detroit, MI

#486689 Oct 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On that we agree ..
Today we,watch tv shows with all these plot twists,...I would and May be easy to manufacture a,false Messiah ..
Thing is,..we believe by FAITH ..He speaks to our Hearts,.
And,such a,conspiracy back hen NO way
..plus they KILLED the actors in their drama???
I'm glad we agree on something. For your previous post though, I didn't say the 'protestant churches', I said protestant thinking has created, promoted and distributed contraception and ushered in an era that is destroying this country right before our eyes. That's what I believe. I think you guys strayed away from the pillar and bulwark of truth, and decided to dictate your own Christianity based on how you interpreted the Bible only. You removed the Church, Sacraments, Eucharist, Sacred tradition and just kept the Bible. The fruits of this is now spiraling out of control.

Just look at what Protestantism was for so long. It really wasn't that bad. There was - or at least an attempt at - a hierarchal structure committed to preserving the truth. Marriage was a Holy event. Baptism of infants with the two parents (male and female) bringing forth their child; the Sunday celebration was a half attempt at a sacred mass; now its give me me me me Lord. I'm saved no matter what...give me.
After all that, I still believe individually, you all are deeply loved by the Lord. Collectively, I could point out a million reasons why born again evangelical thought is not of the Lord.
- the deceit it takes to debunk Catholicism.
- the ignorance that's required to accept it.
- the hatred of the Roman Catholic Church.
- "all of us (born agains) are saved no matter what. All others are going to hell."
- you not only slam Catholicism, you slam over half of Protestantism too. I don't think you believe Methodist and Lutherans are real Christians either?(not you personally btw)
I could go on and on. I'll stop there.
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#486690 Oct 31, 2013
see words
brojevi=jorsebe
jos sepa
sherpa as you drove geometric as cidaljka as inspector looking something
how many dot to dot
how many star to star
how many other secret symbols or code..

see
did i ever check up that
not
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr
i just say to you
earth sweare to heaven=neven not will be secret..no

see
now
i have many others as globe as universal as paralel
see
i sto je ostalo kroz cidaljku..nista

what you looking under around glaSS YOU CAN SEE PLANTY
WHAT YOU SEE WITH 5 HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EXTRA MUCH MORE

NOT SAY NOTHING NOOOOOOO
Liam

Detroit, MI

#486691 Oct 31, 2013
@rose
When Jimmy Swaggert stood up in front of 4 million Americans and preached the Gospel, he said "nothing Mother Teresa does will add anything to her salvation" , he summed up the 50's, 60's, sexual revolution and yrs and yrs of protestant mindset imo.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486692 Oct 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad we agree on something. For your previous post though, I didn't say the 'protestant churches', I said protestant thinking has created, promoted and distributed contraception and ushered in an era that is destroying this country right before our eyes. That's what I believe. I think you guys strayed away from the pillar and bulwark of truth, and decided to dictate your own Christianity based on how you interpreted the Bible only. You removed the Church, Sacraments, Eucharist, Sacred tradition and just kept the Bible. The fruits of this is now spiraling out of control.
Just look at what Protestantism was for so long. It really wasn't that bad. There was - or at least an attempt at - a hierarchal structure committed to preserving the truth. Marriage was a Holy event. Baptism of infants with the two parents (male and female) bringing forth their child; the Sunday celebration was a half attempt at a sacred mass; now its give me me me me Lord. I'm saved no matter what...give me.
After all that, I still believe individually, you all are deeply loved by the Lord. Collectively, I could point out a million reasons why born again evangelical thought is not of the Lord.
- the deceit it takes to debunk Catholicism.
- the ignorance that's required to accept it.
- the hatred of the Roman Catholic Church.
- "all of us (born agains) are saved no matter what. All others are going to hell."
- you not only slam Catholicism, you slam over half of Protestantism too. I don't think you believe Methodist and Lutherans are real Christians either?(not you personally btw)
I could go on and on. I'll stop there.
study the scriptures properly and you will find there is no hell where you burn in a fire, hell is the grave,(shoel or Hades) God is a loving God he will not punish you in (your hell) Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, a blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486693 Oct 31, 2013
The Authoritative Church

One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.

However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).

From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486694 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
HOJO,

The Bible proclaims its own authority.

1 Thessalonians 2:13

13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the Word of God, which you heard from us, you ACCEPTED it NOT as a human word, but AS IT ACTUALLY IS, the WORD OF GOD, which is indeed at WORK IN you who believe.
Michael

Canada

#486695 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that I am one of the "unfortunate ones" ending up in hell, nor am I "convinced to be" one of the "fortunate ones" who spends eternal life with Christ in heaven....... Almighty God is the "final judge" and I will continue "each day", as Paul says in Philipians to "work out our salvation with trembling and fear" by putting my faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church........ It is "only" by the Grace of God that "any of us" will be fortunate enough to be "rewarded" heaven!!
HOJO says.......... Almighty God is the "final judge"

MICHAEL says.......than why do you come on here everyday JUDGING everyone else?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486696 Oct 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You forget each cook has his or HER (not to be sexist) has their own style of technique of flavor to add zest to the meal.
I'd rather eat a Baptist's fried chicken any day than an Atheist's Devils food cake.
You best not insult the devil too much before you meet him as your maker!

Rumor has it that that Muslim devil has a memory that would make an elephant hang its head in shame.

:)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486697 Oct 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak for myself ..
Yes you DO, and in so doing you elevate your own religion above the religions of all other practitioners.

To have faith that a god chooses you and rejects, others is obnoxious ... to say the least. It's self-serving buffoonery.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486698 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
HOJO,

The scriptures were NOT given for our information but our transformation in Christ Jesus.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486699 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who follow Judaism or the Muslim religion can believe and do what they want!........ Makes no difference to me
Fibber! If you are following the original teaching of Christianity, you were taught that it is your DUTY to go out and convert others to your Christian religion, so that just like you they can be saved from hell and damnation.

Until and unless you are honest with your self ... you can't be honest with others.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486700 Oct 31, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was no God you wouldn't exist.
Out of nothing ... from where do you believe came a god?

Other animals survived on earth long long before humans imagined gods "that were created to serve ONLY humans" ... into their mental pictures.

The Abrahamic god Jehovah ... meant to serve only Jews as the chosen few ... was not even close to being the first god imagined into seeming reality by humans.

If you study history of the many religions ... I suggest that you will learn to perceive religion from an objective point of view.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486701 Oct 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition. The spoken and stated biblical words of Jesus Christ are clear and concise regarding His visible, heirarchical and authoritative Church. Pauls letter to Timothy leaves no doubt as to Jesus' Universal authoritative Church when he calls, THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
HOJO,

The fact that the Word of God is infinite and unfathomable implies that the AUTHOR (GOD) is infinite in HIS nature and expression.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486702 Oct 31, 2013
Disciple wrote:
I have another good one for you liberals (June)
"Ecclesiastes 10:2" defines libs and conservatives dead on.
"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left"
LOL!
And of course you USE that scripture to puff up your own ego as being wise ... and point at others who disagree with your dogmas as being fools.

That was and is the self-serving devious game played by all scripture-USERS.

I already was aware (without you using that scripture) that you believe your religion puts you up on a pedestal above others.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#486703 Oct 31, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> study the scriptures properly and you will find there is no hell where you burn in a fire, hell is the grave,(shoel or Hades) God is a loving God he will not punish you in (your hell) Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, a blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
If you are trying to remove the hell-dogma from religions around the world ... there won't be any reason for religion.

Without punishment, there will be no fear, and without fear of rejection from all those gods ... religion is useless.

Religion needs all those many negative and hair raising hells in order to survive.

I suggest you stop being a party-pooper.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web