Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
469,201 - 469,220 of 536,827 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem....
We MUST move forward in Christ Jesus....
Your right ..And I pray daily on this,situation..
Talking..ignoring ..make a no difference .
I can forgive ..But it,gets harder each month of this .

I pray for her also ..And that's hard too..

Thanks,again

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
Now what kind of good Christian teaches their children immoral acts are okay in case you can't control yourself, why rosey of course! Madam Kindle
Since: Jun 13
Location hidden
Reply Ľ|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#28Jul 6, 2013
Ok girls and guys some advice from a friend.
We are some people who want to help teens ..Because we have been teens ourselves ...this is from a friend of mine
Because of a lack of education on how to use them, plain and simple.
Did you know that taking certain herbal remidies can affect BC? Antibiotics can render it useless? Alchohol can do the same?
Did you know that certain lubricants can affect condoms? Or that older condoms can be less than useless?
Did you know that there are girls and women out there that think they only have to take a few BC pills to prevent pregnancy? That douching after sex will prevent pregnancy? That douching with BLEACH will prevent it?
Did you know that there are boys and men that think a baggie or saran wrap will substitue for a condom?
Did you know that getting tubes tied or vascectomy STILL carries a small risk of pregnancy?
Did you know that IDIOTS spread the MYTH that if you DONT have sex during ONLY the fertile time of the month, you can't get pregnant, when in FACT, sperm can live up to 14 days?
And this doesn't take into account all the dozens of other myths like "pulling out" works, or "you cant get pregnant the first time".
it works for women and men that use it ONE HUNDRED PERCENT correctly, and even THEN stuff happens .
Theses are a bit of help ..But another friend has posted somethin g of much more use.
I myself suffered a teen pregnancy ..I gave my son for adoption it was,not easy .
Back then there were no methods of BC or sexed available .
Anyway we are hoping to help . Birth control is not what Christ wants us to use, rose. Birth control teaches people to be selfish, how to lie and not to trust and birth control such as the pill causes abortion. Rose, you are teaching immorality.
======
Leaving aside the banter that goes back and forth between posters in this forum,your post is not in that category at all. It is intended to hurt someone, to damage someone.It is a reprehensible. It is a terrible terrible sin to go for the jugular of someone's soul and try to humiliate and embarrass them. Just how important is it for you to win in a stupid blog? Does it mean so much to you that you are willing to emotionally damage a person? You think you are defending the Catholic Church this way? What a farce! What a charade!Think about the hurt you caused- the stinging pain of this person's past.Shame. Shame on you.I am no angel. But I ask that you reflect on what you did (probably at a moment of anger)ask for our Savior's forgivenss and apologize.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

who="StarC" <quoted text>
The Catholic Church celebrates The Day of the Pentecost after Lent annually. This is when OUR Church stated, over 2000 years ago.
It didnít show up in the 70s as you stated above.
Which one of these are you?
All seem to have started in the 20th century. On the day of the Pentecost, NO, thatís not what your history shows
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/history-pent...
Founding of the United Pentecostal Church:
In 1916, 156 ministers split from the Assemblies of God over conflicting views on the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. The UPCI was formed by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Inc. and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ, in 1945.
http://christianity.about.com/od/United-Pente...
The Pentecostal Church in America
By KEVIN SACK
In 1905, when William J. Seymour attended Charles F. Parhamís Bible school in Houston, Mr. Parham required him to sit in the hallway and listen to lectures through an open door. Mr. Seymour was black, the son of former slaves, and the mores of the times in Texas dictated that he could not sit with his white counterparts.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/...
A BRIEF HISTORY OF PENTECOSTALISM 1906
(The Three Waves)*
From the second century to the nineteenth century, there is no historical evidence that godly, orthodox believers spoke in tongues. We do have instances of tongues speaking in these centuries, but in every case the people speaking in tongues belonged to heretical groups.(See #15 in the report "The Charismatic Movement: 35 Doctrinal Issues.") From Montanus (2nd Century) to Edward Irving (19th century), instances of "tongues" within the church were never considered to be part of genuine Christianity. Also, we should note that these "heretics" who spoke in tongues were speaking some kind of emotional, nonsense gibberish and not real languages as was the case in Acts chapter 2.
In 1901 at Bethel Bible College, Topeka, Kansas, Agnes Ozman received what she called the baptism of the Spirit and spoke in "tongues." The practice then became part of the Holiness movement of the church in the United States. In 1906, tongues were spoken on Azusa Street in Los Angeles, California, and out of these two events in 1901 and 1906 grew the mainline Pentecostal denominations which are still with us today (Assemblies of God, etc.).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Apostolic Faith Church is a worldwide religious organization, with international headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Our roots stem from a 1906 revival on Azusa Street in Los Angeles.
http://blog.guidedbytruth.com/pentecostalhist...
And then there is Aimee,1944.

----------
You are fallen in to the 'know-it-all' religious historians who pick up on the failures of people who fail, and use them to condemn others who are innocent.

We could write about those CC Pope's who married, and mistreated other people, or the priests who mistreated little boys. I don't happen to be like any of those you mentioned, and I hope that you are not like the ones I just mentioned.

We have tried to point out some things that the CC holds to that do not 'fit' with the Bible. Rather than discuss whether penance or other things are 'right', you try to disprove what we tell you by bringing up some failures of people that you suppose are part of us...and you missed it completely. Degrading us will never prove that 'you' are 'right' or 'best'.

Let Aimee answer to God. He is her judge...
KayMarie

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Sera,..one of the great things,about This,forum is the friends,I've made ..your the tops,!!! Kiddo ..lol
Heres one for you...I agree with you! I agree with birth control for teens for all the same reasons you gave..GBu and God knows the intentions of every single person on the forum and we all will answer for our actions...yes even me..a sinner..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

StarC wrote:
Q.Isn't confession to a priest an option? If you're sincerely sorry for your sins and confess them in your own heart, aren't you already forgiven?
A. The power to forgive sins was one Christ gave to his apostles (Luke 10:16; 2 Cor. 5:18-20). After he rose from the dead Christ said to the apostles, "'As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them,'Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained'" (John 20:22-23).
We can be truly sorry for our sins--that is essential for forgiveness--but we can't forgive our own sins. We can't absolve ourselves. That is a power reserved to God alone. Through Christ that power was conferred on his apostles and their successors, the bishops, and their helpers, the priests. Confession is not an option. It is the ordinary (normative) means through which sins are forgiven.
A power of declaring with authority the Christian terms of pardon; whose sins are remitted and whose retained? As in our daily form of absolution; and 2. A power of inflicting and remitting ecclesiastical censures? That is, of excluding from, and re-admitting into, a Christian congregation.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

StarC wrote:
Q.Why do Catholics kneel during their services? This seems unnecessary. Why not just sit still and listen to the preaching of God's word?
A.If you attend a Catholic Mass you will see the first part of it consists of reading and preaching; we stand for the Gospel, but we sit for the other readings and for the preaching. The Mass is a sacrifice, and there are times--especially in the last part--when the faithful pray on their knees. Kneeling shows our humility before God.
Your question is a surprise because you probably should be asking yourself why you don't kneel in your Protestant services. Scripture suggests you should. In Ephesians 3:14 Paul says, "I kneel before the Father," and in Acts 9:40 Peter "knelt down and prayed." The Catholic habit of kneeling is consistent with Scripture and is another manifestation of the continuity between the Church of the first century and the Catholic Church of today.
More Q and A...
http://www.newadvent.org/library/almanac_this...
YOu may find this interesting.The Orthodox do kneel at times . However they do more standing during service than kneeling including durinf prayer. This is based on our savior's resurrection.Just 2 different practices.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> You shut your door on Christ. Christ started the One True Church.

----------
How wonderful that HE IS THE DOOR, and no man can open it, and NO MAN CAN SHUT IT AGAINST US...

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC" <quoted text>
The Catholic Church celebrates The Day of the Pentecost after Lent annually. This is when OUR Church stated, over 2000 years ago.
It didnít show up in the 70s as you stated above.
Which one of these are you?
All seem to have started in the 20th century. On the day of the Pentecost, NO, thatís not what your history shows
http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/history-pent...
Founding of the United Pentecostal Church:
In 1916, 156 ministers split from the Assemblies of God over conflicting views on the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. The UPCI was formed by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Inc. and the Pentecostal Assemblies of Jesus Christ, in 1945.
http://christianity.about.com/od/United-Pente...
The Pentecostal Church in America
By KEVIN SACK
In 1905, when William J. Seymour attended Charles F. Parhamís Bible school in Houston, Mr. Parham required him to sit in the hallway and listen to lectures through an open door. Mr. Seymour was black, the son of former slaves, and the mores of the times in Texas dictated that he could not sit with his white counterparts.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/national/...
A BRIEF HISTORY OF PENTECOSTALISM 1906
(The Three Waves)*
From the second century to the nineteenth century, there is no historical evidence that godly, orthodox believers spoke in tongues. We do have instances of tongues speaking in these centuries, but in every case the people speaking in tongues belonged to heretical groups.(See #15 in the report "The Charismatic Movement: 35 Doctrinal Issues.") From Montanus (2nd Century) to Edward Irving (19th century), instances of "tongues" within the church were never considered to be part of genuine Christianity. Also, we should note that these "heretics" who spoke in tongues were speaking some kind of emotional, nonsense gibberish and not real languages as was the case in Acts chapter 2.
In 1901 at Bethel Bible College, Topeka, Kansas, Agnes Ozman received what she called the baptism of the Spirit and spoke in "tongues." The practice then became part of the Holiness movement of the church in the United States. In 1906, tongues were spoken on Azusa Street in Los Angeles, California, and out of these two events in 1901 and 1906 grew the mainline Pentecostal denominations which are still with us today (Assemblies of God, etc.).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psycholog...
The Apostolic Faith Church is a worldwide religious organization, with international headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Our roots stem from a 1906 revival on Azusa Street in Los Angeles.
http://blog.guidedbytruth.com/pentecostalhist...
And then there is Aimee,1944.
----------
You are fallen in to the 'know-it-all' religious historians who pick up on the failures of people who fail, and use them to condemn others who are innocent.
We could write about those CC Pope's who married, and mistreated other people, or the priests who mistreated little boys. I don't happen to be like any of those you mentioned, and I hope that you are not like the ones I just mentioned.
We have tried to point out some things that the CC holds to that do not 'fit' with the Bible. Rather than discuss whether penance or other things are 'right', you try to disprove what we tell you by bringing up some failures of people that you suppose are part of us...and you missed it completely. Degrading us will never prove that 'you' are 'right' or 'best'.
Let Aimee answer to God. He is her judge...
KayMarie
KayMarie
How are you feeling? Good to see you GBu!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You commit a horrendous sin by misleading children to use birth control, this is just plain evil.
And you commit a horrendous sin when you open your mouth to criticize Rose and posted what you did to discredit her...YOU ARE AN EMBARASSMENT TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....

----------
The Word has all of the answers:

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that THEY WHICH ARE OF FAITH, THE SAME ARE THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM.
Gal 3:8 And THE SCRIPTURE, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, PREACHED BEFORE THE GOSPEL UNTO ABRAHAM, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then THEY WHICH BE OF FAITH ARE BLESSED WITH FAITHFUL ABRAHAM.

KayMarie

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....
----------
The Word has all of the answers:
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that THEY WHICH ARE OF FAITH, THE SAME ARE THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM.
Gal 3:8 And THE SCRIPTURE, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, PREACHED BEFORE THE GOSPEL UNTO ABRAHAM, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then THEY WHICH BE OF FAITH ARE BLESSED WITH FAITHFUL ABRAHAM.
KayMarie
So according to "The Word" why was Mary impregnated without consent and made to carry the fetus to full term? Sounds a lot like rape.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You commit a horrendous sin by misleading children to use birth control, this is just plain evil.
and so isn't abortion...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

who="Seraphima" <quoted text>How are you feeling? Good to see you GBu!

----------
Feeling pretty good, my friend. Sometimes I feel 'old' because I am 80, but in my doctor's office today there were two ladies who were 90 and 100 years old! The 100 year old lady made us look really old! She got around freely, was so nice looking!

And you?
KayMarie

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> You shut your door on Christ. Christ started the One True Church.
----------
How wonderful that HE IS THE DOOR, and no man can open it, and NO MAN CAN SHUT IT AGAINST US...
KayMarie
Amen

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They seemed to have had an understanding of physics and mathematics that surpasses even what we have discovered today....
In what way?

Could they travel through space and land on the moon ... and if so, where is the proof?

Could they put Satellites into orbit. Did they invent cars and trucks. Did they have cell-phones, computers, et cetera?

It seems to me about as mythological as Bigfoot, and they also have yet to find a skeleton suited to the Bigfoot myth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

who="chance47"<qu oted text>
So according to "The Word" why was Mary impregnated without consent and made to carry the fetus to full term? Sounds a lot like rape.

----------
Mary gave her consent.(Be it unto me, even as you say.) She was not forced to carry the BABY to full term.(Fetus sounds a lot like inhuman.)
God never 'forces' anyone to do anything. He tells us to "CHOOSE LIFE OR DEATH".
Which one do you want?

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
I was very impressed with her posts. they were educational and enlightening.

to bad the intent went right over YOUR head, and yours only.lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
So also is your intent to defame and destroy another follower of your Jesus according to your writings. You do not even follow his first two tenets. I am a heathen, and I don't even stoop to such depravity as you have. Even other christers here are becoming quite dismayed with your behavior and outright hatred...I know I am.
I am beginning to believe you are nothing more than a dissembler...here to discredit the religion you say you represent.
Children?
Your "holy" Mary was 12 years old when she conceived. Seems your deity didn't consider her a "child".
I have to wonder just what your agenda here is now.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Observe this scam of mortal men supposedly uncovering the skeleton of a GIANT.

The discovery was made by the Aramco Exploration team. As God states in the Quran that He had created people of phenomenal size the like of which He has not created since. These were the people of Aad where Prophet Hud was sent. They were very tall, big, and very powerful, such that they could put their arms around a tree trunk and uproot it. Later these people, who were given all the power, turned against God and the Prophet and transgressed beyond all boundaries set by God. As a result they were destroyed.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and so isn't abortion...
It's,a,miserable,world ..That whole,thread said constantly NO sex the best way . By I'd,rather see condoms,than dead babies ...or Stds,..

Just my opinion

Catholics,use NFP...still BURTH control ..many use the pill ..even though CATHOLic..

And who is,to judge them but God .
But
Elective abortion is murder.....And giving a child for adoption is,heartbreaking ...

If,rather see,all of it prevented..

One life saved .....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••