Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
469,141 - 469,160 of 536,863 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>'One of these days June.One of these days,,,POW! Right to the moon!
Now you know you better wish well for me Jumper ... because if you wish ill on me ... it follows that ill will come back to you ... ten fold.

It was written by somebody or other back in history ... so it MUST be true.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>At your age anything that doesn't sink is a good thing.
At my age, anything that was going to sink, has already sunk. The next phase in the process is complete collapse, at which time my body-cells give up their tiny "ghosts" and go to their hereafters for their rewards.

Ya see ... I don't believe in curses in hereafters for body-cells OR humans.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs are relevant to the topic at hand.
If you claim your beliefs are irrelevant, that means we can't criticize your beliefs ... but you can criticize ours.
That is not playing fair at all.
I've been referred to as an atheist scumbag on more than one occasion ... but that's the fun of it all.
If you can't take the heat ... the forum is not the place for you.
Sounds like you need to stay a little bit more focussed on the topic of the forum.

"The RCC only true church, says Vatican"

No where does it say anything about my beliefs, please stop trying to make it so.

No need to worry about me, but if you are, like I've stated in the past, maybe you should begin your own forum and spout off at the other religions.

Oh wait, your mega years affiliated with Christianity, and then four years ago, you decided to speak out against it.

That's right, you seem to be still 'green' on how to focus.

:o)
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also choose to believe in the light in my brain. The brain-cells are what keeps me lit UP. But when they break down in death, I suggest what lights my brain now, will then be no more.
If there just happens to be more to the story that occurs after death of my body, I don't believe that non-human animals warrant special treatment, as history proved over and over again ... that humans in, or out of religion ... are the most selfish and brutal of all animals.
Oh, June, the light is NOT in your brain. It is in your heart and the in every cell of your body. Yes, we are considered alive until we are "brain dead". But there is so much more to our physical beings than just brain cells. There are other cells in our bodies that are very much alive even before we are considered to be "brain dead". I ask that you at least consider that fact before you say that the light is only in your brain! We are all spirits. When all else is gone, the bones the tissues, the organs, we will only be spirits, souls, searching for a way home.

There is ONE LORD!
PPM

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<More often than not, ancient symbols and the philosophy accompanying them have been "pointers" to scientific actualities. AND, all to often, we find that they are simply "rediscoveries" of already known knowledge and actualities.... That having been coined "secret knowledge" by some(for whatever reasons). Two different societies in entirely different eras, having entirely different basics of understanding energy requirements/uses, totally different understandings of spirituality and existence, and their resulting cultures, will be all but impossible for either to grasp as a reality...let alone any understanding or sharing of either knowledge....and that is just a simple comparison of a situation on "this" planet. Try to realize that in a populated universe.
Pebbles of sand you are.
Do you believe the ancients knew how the universe started, or whether it always existed ... or do believe they just "guessed" at those issue as we do in today's era.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your accusation of me posting off topic that I thought was funny. You as an believer in Gnosticism are allowed to question the beliefs of others. But if I question your belief, you claim that I am posting off topic.
I perceive that you are trying to use bullying tactics on others to make-believe your Gnosticism is fact.
That isn't what I am saying, so don't imply it.

THis forum is not about my beliefs. It is about the RCC.

I may speak in debate against it using - ANOTHER PATH - that is my opinion.

It doesn't give you or anyone the right to say that I NEED to post my beliefs, because that is bullshite.

If you want to refute my posts, then do so. It is of my opinion, you are not being on-topic, but using my beliefs as a way to post off-topic.

C'mon June, you gotta be smarter than this.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs are relevant to the topic at hand.
If you claim your beliefs are irrelevant, that means we can't criticize your beliefs ... but you can criticize ours.
That is not playing fair at all.
I've been referred to as an atheist scumbag on more than one occasion ... but that's the fun of it all.
If you can't take the heat ... the forum is not the place for you.
No - Christianity is the religion of this topic and forum.

And please - don't project.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, June, the light is NOT in your brain. It is in your heart and the in every cell of your body. Yes, we are considered alive until we are "brain dead". But there is so much more to our physical beings than just brain cells. There are other cells in our bodies that are very much alive even before we are considered to be "brain dead". I ask that you at least consider that fact before you say that the light is only in your brain! We are all spirits. When all else is gone, the bones the tissues, the organs, we will only be spirits, souls, searching for a way home.
There is ONE LORD!
PPM
I was going along for your RIDE, until you stated for a fact that we are all "spirits" ... and that is where I climbed off your ride and went back on my own.

Within your man-created theology, your Lord of unadulterated worship ought to be Jehovah ... or you are committing blasphemy against the ONE AND ONLY god of the Jews.

Of course I believe all religion is bunk ... including the religion of the one-god dogma of the Jews.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it's all opinion ... but I don't pretend to be a new age spiritual leader, as do you.
LOL

Since I use an anonymous moniker on forum that has plenty of other Anonymous people and monikers, you honestly think I believe I am a New Age Spiritual Leader?

Sounds like your belief is much stronger than mine, although I do believe I've posted plenty of information that refutes that the RCC has any truth to it at all.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit that I don't know the mysteries that have yet to unfold.
And so have I.

I guess you have refused within your own mind to accept those posts, huh?

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

The ancient roots of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic religions, specifically Canaanite religion, a syncretization with elements of Babylonian religion and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible. During the Babylonian captivity of the 6th and 5th centuries BCE, certain circles within the exiled Judahites in Babylon redefined pre-existing ideas about monotheism, election, divine law and Covenant into a theology which came to dominate the former Judah in the following centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you inferring that I believe in the existence of the 12th Imam, as you believe in the existence of Jesus???
I certainly hope you are not stooping THAT low!
I'm not the one who keeps bringing up the 12th Inam, you are.

Why are you bringing it up, if you don't believe in it?

Think a moment, now.

YEP - exactly the same reasons I bring up the posts I do....
a. to inform others
b. to show how another path can be attained, thus proving the RCC is not the true church
c. opinion.

Go ahead June - refute this. I'm counting on you.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Since I use an anonymous moniker on forum that has plenty of other Anonymous people and monikers, you honestly think I believe I am a New Age Spiritual Leader?
Sounds like your belief is much stronger than mine, although I do believe I've posted plenty of information that refutes that the RCC has any truth to it at all.
<quoted text>
And so have I.
I guess you have refused within your own mind to accept those posts, huh?
I don't accept your beliefs of Jesus OR the Catholic or Protestant beliefs in the existence of Jesus or what was said or done by him ... et cetera.

I believe that they were all myths ... the gnostic ones included.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Why do you refuse to beleive Jesus when he speaks of this entity?
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is this type of preaching that makes it plain you are certain Jesus is real and spoke in the first person ... and that you know a god exists and are on par with that god.
That is the stuff made of total arrogance.
Because I ask a question to someone who professes to me that they "believe in Jesus", yet when I show them texts taht they do not believe, you automatically ASSUME I believe in this Jesus too?

Wow June - you really enjoy projecting.

Maybe you should start trying to understand why people post what they do, before presuming you have the answers already.

You don't "Christian".

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

The words "spirit" and "soul" stem from theologians who invoked imaginary gods in their own images, and made idols out of the images.

The theology that a god created Adam and Eve is just one example of humans falling in love with their own images ... of all the stupid nonsense.

The supposed holy god that created evil hates evil and then proceeds to create humans that he KNOWS will fall into the clutches of the evil devil that works full time for god in hell.

Ridiculous blather of fools.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my misunderstanding of what you meant by the word "ALL."
My apologies.
No apology needed June.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW ... you really are impressed with your own Gnosticism "knowledge."
If only you as the new age spiritual leader could lead us all by the nose to the trough of your knowledge ... how fortunate for all of us.
~~~

I have no desire to lead any one by the nose or any other part of their anatomy...

Going to a Christ-less grave is a decision that is made by the individual

no one leads them nor are the forced...it is your choice.

God has given his Only Son begotten Son that you would not have to spend

eternity in hell..

You turn or burn..Your choice...No other person on earth can make that

decision for you... You decide personally to receive his grace...and you

decide personally to reject it..

it's up to you...NO ONE ELSE CAN OR WILL/CAN TAKE THE BLAME...

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Why do you refuse to beleive Jesus when he speaks of this entity?
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
<quoted text>
Because I ask a question to someone who professes to me that they "believe in Jesus", yet when I show them texts taht they do not believe, you automatically ASSUME I believe in this Jesus too?
Wow June - you really enjoy projecting.
Maybe you should start trying to understand why people post what they do, before presuming you have the answers already.
You don't "Christian".
I've read enough of your preaching to comprehend that you favor the gnostic B.S. over all other Christian B.S.

Now you are trying to claim that you DON'T believe in Jesus or god ... yet you peddle gnositicism as truth???

You are quite the double-talker.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have no desire to lead any one by the nose or any other part of their anatomy...
Going to a Christ-less grave is a decision that is made by the individual
no one leads them nor are the forced...it is your choice.
God has given his Only Son begotten Son that you would not have to spend
eternity in hell..
You turn or burn..Your choice...No other person on earth can make that
decision for you... You decide personally to receive his grace...and you
decide personally to reject it..
it's up to you...NO ONE ELSE CAN OR WILL/CAN TAKE THE BLAME...
How are you doing in being a disciple of Jesus and his pure and unadulterated Judaism???

Are you learning to sing praises to the real Lord ... HALLELUJAH ... as in Praise ye Jehovah???

I suggest you don't hide from Jehovah. After all ... he is Jesus' father ... and don't forget that little issue of him "creating evil!"

Don't be naughty now. Get right to your studies ... before it is too late and you miss your call HOME to Olam Haba ... where all the faithful Jews will spend eternity.

Did you appreciate my "sermon?"

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No apology needed June.
From my perspective it "was" needed ... thank you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accept your beliefs of Jesus OR the Catholic or Protestant beliefs in the existence of Jesus or what was said or done by him ... et cetera.
I believe that they were all myths ... the gnostic ones included.
Thanks for sharing.

But I still don't believe you.

I think you are just pandering to the Atheists.

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••