Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603330 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#486184 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your accusation of me posting off topic that I thought was funny. You as an believer in Gnosticism are allowed to question the beliefs of others. But if I question your belief, you claim that I am posting off topic.
I perceive that you are trying to use bullying tactics on others to make-believe your Gnosticism is fact.
That isn't what I am saying, so don't imply it.

THis forum is not about my beliefs. It is about the RCC.

I may speak in debate against it using - ANOTHER PATH - that is my opinion.

It doesn't give you or anyone the right to say that I NEED to post my beliefs, because that is bullshite.

If you want to refute my posts, then do so. It is of my opinion, you are not being on-topic, but using my beliefs as a way to post off-topic.

C'mon June, you gotta be smarter than this.

Albuquerque, NM

#486185 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs are relevant to the topic at hand.
If you claim your beliefs are irrelevant, that means we can't criticize your beliefs ... but you can criticize ours.
That is not playing fair at all.
I've been referred to as an atheist scumbag on more than one occasion ... but that's the fun of it all.
If you can't take the heat ... the forum is not the place for you.
No - Christianity is the religion of this topic and forum.

And please - don't project.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486186 Oct 29, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, June, the light is NOT in your brain. It is in your heart and the in every cell of your body. Yes, we are considered alive until we are "brain dead". But there is so much more to our physical beings than just brain cells. There are other cells in our bodies that are very much alive even before we are considered to be "brain dead". I ask that you at least consider that fact before you say that the light is only in your brain! We are all spirits. When all else is gone, the bones the tissues, the organs, we will only be spirits, souls, searching for a way home.
There is ONE LORD!
PPM
I was going along for your RIDE, until you stated for a fact that we are all "spirits" ... and that is where I climbed off your ride and went back on my own.

Within your man-created theology, your Lord of unadulterated worship ought to be Jehovah ... or you are committing blasphemy against the ONE AND ONLY god of the Jews.

:)

Of course I believe all religion is bunk ... including the religion of the one-god dogma of the Jews.

Albuquerque, NM

#486187 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it's all opinion ... but I don't pretend to be a new age spiritual leader, as do you.
LOL

Since I use an anonymous moniker on forum that has plenty of other Anonymous people and monikers, you honestly think I believe I am a New Age Spiritual Leader?

Sounds like your belief is much stronger than mine, although I do believe I've posted plenty of information that refutes that the RCC has any truth to it at all.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit that I don't know the mysteries that have yet to unfold.
And so have I.

I guess you have refused within your own mind to accept those posts, huh?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486188 Oct 29, 2013
The ancient roots of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic religions, specifically Canaanite religion, a syncretization with elements of Babylonian religion and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible. During the Babylonian captivity of the 6th and 5th centuries BCE, certain circles within the exiled Judahites in Babylon redefined pre-existing ideas about monotheism, election, divine law and Covenant into a theology which came to dominate the former Judah in the following centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...

Albuquerque, NM

#486189 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you inferring that I believe in the existence of the 12th Imam, as you believe in the existence of Jesus???
I certainly hope you are not stooping THAT low!
I'm not the one who keeps bringing up the 12th Inam, you are.

Why are you bringing it up, if you don't believe in it?

Think a moment, now.

YEP - exactly the same reasons I bring up the posts I do....
a. to inform others
b. to show how another path can be attained, thus proving the RCC is not the true church
c. opinion.

Go ahead June - refute this. I'm counting on you.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486190 Oct 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Since I use an anonymous moniker on forum that has plenty of other Anonymous people and monikers, you honestly think I believe I am a New Age Spiritual Leader?
Sounds like your belief is much stronger than mine, although I do believe I've posted plenty of information that refutes that the RCC has any truth to it at all.
<quoted text>
And so have I.
I guess you have refused within your own mind to accept those posts, huh?
I don't accept your beliefs of Jesus OR the Catholic or Protestant beliefs in the existence of Jesus or what was said or done by him ... et cetera.

I believe that they were all myths ... the gnostic ones included.

Albuquerque, NM

#486191 Oct 29, 2013
Why do you refuse to beleive Jesus when he speaks of this entity?
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is this type of preaching that makes it plain you are certain Jesus is real and spoke in the first person ... and that you know a god exists and are on par with that god.
That is the stuff made of total arrogance.
Because I ask a question to someone who professes to me that they "believe in Jesus", yet when I show them texts taht they do not believe, you automatically ASSUME I believe in this Jesus too?

Wow June - you really enjoy projecting.

Maybe you should start trying to understand why people post what they do, before presuming you have the answers already.

You don't "Christian".

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486192 Oct 29, 2013
The words "spirit" and "soul" stem from theologians who invoked imaginary gods in their own images, and made idols out of the images.

The theology that a god created Adam and Eve is just one example of humans falling in love with their own images ... of all the stupid nonsense.

The supposed holy god that created evil hates evil and then proceeds to create humans that he KNOWS will fall into the clutches of the evil devil that works full time for god in hell.

Ridiculous blather of fools.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486193 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my misunderstanding of what you meant by the word "ALL."
My apologies.
No apology needed June.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486194 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW ... you really are impressed with your own Gnosticism "knowledge."
If only you as the new age spiritual leader could lead us all by the nose to the trough of your knowledge ... how fortunate for all of us.
~~~

I have no desire to lead any one by the nose or any other part of their anatomy...

Going to a Christ-less grave is a decision that is made by the individual

no one leads them nor are the forced...it is your choice.

God has given his Only Son begotten Son that you would not have to spend

eternity in hell..

You turn or burn..Your choice...No other person on earth can make that

decision for you... You decide personally to receive his grace...and you

decide personally to reject it..

it's up to you...NO ONE ELSE CAN OR WILL/CAN TAKE THE BLAME...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486195 Oct 29, 2013
Why do you refuse to beleive Jesus when he speaks of this entity?
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
<quoted text>
Because I ask a question to someone who professes to me that they "believe in Jesus", yet when I show them texts taht they do not believe, you automatically ASSUME I believe in this Jesus too?
Wow June - you really enjoy projecting.
Maybe you should start trying to understand why people post what they do, before presuming you have the answers already.
You don't "Christian".
I've read enough of your preaching to comprehend that you favor the gnostic B.S. over all other Christian B.S.

Now you are trying to claim that you DON'T believe in Jesus or god ... yet you peddle gnositicism as truth???

You are quite the double-talker.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486197 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have no desire to lead any one by the nose or any other part of their anatomy...
Going to a Christ-less grave is a decision that is made by the individual
no one leads them nor are the forced...it is your choice.
God has given his Only Son begotten Son that you would not have to spend
eternity in hell..
You turn or burn..Your choice...No other person on earth can make that
decision for you... You decide personally to receive his grace...and you
decide personally to reject it..
it's up to you...NO ONE ELSE CAN OR WILL/CAN TAKE THE BLAME...
How are you doing in being a disciple of Jesus and his pure and unadulterated Judaism???

Are you learning to sing praises to the real Lord ... HALLELUJAH ... as in Praise ye Jehovah???

I suggest you don't hide from Jehovah. After all ... he is Jesus' father ... and don't forget that little issue of him "creating evil!"

Don't be naughty now. Get right to your studies ... before it is too late and you miss your call HOME to Olam Haba ... where all the faithful Jews will spend eternity.

Did you appreciate my "sermon?"

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486198 Oct 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No apology needed June.
From my perspective it "was" needed ... thank you.

Albuquerque, NM

#486199 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accept your beliefs of Jesus OR the Catholic or Protestant beliefs in the existence of Jesus or what was said or done by him ... et cetera.
I believe that they were all myths ... the gnostic ones included.
Thanks for sharing.

But I still don't believe you.

I think you are just pandering to the Atheists.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#486200 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read enough of your preaching to comprehend that you favor the gnostic B.S. over all other Christian B.S.
Now you are trying to claim that you DON'T believe in Jesus or god ... yet you peddle gnositicism as truth???
You are quite the double-talker.
I've posted that Jesus "supposedly" said this or that, or did this or that.

I've also stated CLEARLY, I will not know if any of this is true, until I die.

You seem to keep leaving that portent out, just to argue other bullshite verses.

You need to keep me complete, and not start separating me from me.

Okay?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#486201 Oct 29, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
....Just going back 150 years ago the basic knowledge of a cowboy or farmer was exceedingly limited. Turn the clock back 2,000 years imagine the knowledge or brain capacity of the common people then! Not very much, so it didn't take much for a David Copperfield person to claim all these miraculous things happened or were going to happen to make your life better, and as the stories were told the stories became bigger and more believable.
There is not one eye witness hand me down story of any miracles by any of the thousands that were supposedly miraclized. Not one story outside the scriptures by anyone of a Mary/Joseph, or 3 wise men, or miraculous birth, King Herod slaughtering infants, or crucifixion, or 3 nights in a tomb etc.
....something is wrong, that no one outside the scripture writers saw anything.

----------
You must be rather young. My history books told wonderful stories about our history; my children's history books were much the same. I began to see a tremendous difference around 1960; the books were being re-written to show a more secular picture.

In recent years it has gotten worse; our children's schoolbooks are beginning to glorify Islam, and one would believe that ISLAM BUILT AMERICA!

It is not a new concept. Satan attempted to re-write God's instructions to Adam and Eve. Our religious history has suffered much because of unbelievers who struggle constantly to erase it. Islam jihadists burned whole libraries in Christian countries.

I've been around long enough to see these things happening. Google 'Communism, Congressional Record, Jan. 10, 1963' and you will see the plan for 'taking America without a shot' written right there.(Apparently no one read it.) If you will read it, you can follow the 'plan' as it has been working over the past 50-60 years.

It is not that 'nothing' was written...it is more a matter of what has been erased.

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486203 Oct 29, 2013
I've come to conclude that I might be able by joining one religion to avoid hell. But as there are so many hells down below ... I'm bound to spend eternity by falling into one or the other.

I hope I don't end up in Islam's hell with Jerry Falwell.

If that happens I'll never forgive Jehovah ... ever, ever, ever.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486204 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
It is not that 'nothing' was written...it is more a matter of what has been erased.
KayMarie
And of course you, as a Protestant KNOW ALL those details.

You claimed that god chose you to be a witness for him???

Was that Jehovah or the generic god of your dreams?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#486205 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I've posted that Jesus "supposedly" said this or that, or did this or that.
I've also stated CLEARLY, I will not know if any of this is true, until I die.
You seem to keep leaving that portent out, just to argue other bullshite verses.
You need to keep me complete, and not start separating me from me.
Okay?
Do you, or don't you believe that Jesus was real, and not just a myth?

If you believe he was real, you believe he preached. If you believe the story of Jesus is myth and there was no such character, that will settle the issue one way or the other.

No more pretense on your part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Catholic24 84,412
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web