Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703562 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#486349 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>“Judge not, lest you be judged”(Matthew 7:1). How many people today take that one verse from the Bible and apply it wrongly? They will tell others that no one can tell them that what they are doing is wrong, because that would be judging them. Then they throw out the verse where Jesus said “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”. And since we are all sinners, then that means that no one can tell anyone that what they are doing is sinful.
Let’s take a look at this strange philosophy and dissect it. First off,“to judge”, as it is used in “Judge not, lest you be judged”, means to condemn someone on moral grounds, and then to pass judgment. Only God can condemn and pass judgment.“To judge” as it is used here does not mean that people cannot discern that an act is sinful, nor does it mean we can’t tell the sinner that he or she is sinning. If that were so, then parents could not ever tell their child that it is wrong to lie, to cheat, or to steal. And if the child were caught in the act, then no parent could tell him or her that they were wrong. And they could certainly not ever punish the child, because there could never be any wrongdoing. How dumb is that? Carried to its logical conclusion, no one could ever tell anyone that anything is sinful or wrong, including fornication, adultery, stealing, murder, taking the Lord’s name in vain, etc. And we would have to fire every judge in every courtroom worldwide. St. John the Baptist, the greatest man born of woman, according to Jesus, certainly told Herod that it was wrong for him to have married his own brother's wife. And John the Baptist was certainly not judging Herod himself, but rather, he was judging his action as sinful. BIG differen
Some people are BIGGER SINNERS than others....some sin with sins that others would never dare to do...plus, please site your sources when copy and pasteing from a internet site.Those are not your own words..I love you as much as you love me.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486350 Oct 30, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> you are right only the 144.000
are worthy, you and i will live on earth for ever, there will be no more death or pain. the 144.000 will rule with God, as kings and priests over you and i and the rest of mankind on earth.
Please note every thing is not spiritual, most people think that the soul is not part of the body, they are wrong for we are all living souls .(soul means life ) we will truly be resurrected on earth.
for our punishment for sin is to grow old and die.Romans: 6.7 for the one that has died has been justified from sin
Doug,

Jesus’ kingdom is not of this world!

John 18:36

36 Jesus said,“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus gives his kingdom back to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:20-28

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

24 ~~~~~Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.~~~~~

25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

26 <The last enemy to be destroyed is death.>

27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

IMPORTANT, Doug,

1 Peter 1:3-4

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.*****This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,*****

Heaven is NOT for a select few righteous people.

There is an inheritance awaiting.....

Keep in mind that the Book of Revelation is written in highly symbolic language.

Location hidden

#486351 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many forms of birth control are abortion. Contraception is evil and against God . Catholicism is all about respecting life and being against birth control and abortion is intertwined with what Catholics believe. So saying this is off subject is wrong. Catholicism is an outward religion, we respect others , we see the face of Christ in others , we are to do corporal works of mercy and spiritual works of mercy. Believing and practicing Christianity isn't just readings from the bible, its doing what Christ wants us to do , to help the most vulnerable, the poor, the poor in spirit. The most vulnerable is the unborn and the very old and handicapped. Birth control is wrong and teaches selfishness how to lie etc.
"Catholicism is about respecting life"??? Don't even go there. You open yourselve up once again to abuses. "Catholicism is an outward religion,we respect others" that's a joke when you don't show it on this forum."Birth control teaches us how to lie???? Now that's going over board. So are your practicing birth control since your spreading lies about another poster?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486352 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
So many people don't get it. Birth control is part of the culture of death Blessed Pope John Paul II preached and wrote in an encyclical. Birth control goes against God in every way. The children of Fatima were told about hell , many people go to hell because of sexual sins, birth control has given a green light to pre marital sex, extra marital sex and many other perversions. What is right is sometimes the most unpopular thing. We must follow what Christ wants and not use what is promoted as part of the culture of death.
You are following what the Pope says....follow what God says....

It is not a SIN to use birth control.....

First, learn what God's definition of marriage is....

And, the rest will follow....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486353 Oct 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,I do not know,of ONE person on Raytheon is,qualified to judge anyone else's marriage,...
Good,morning
Good morning to you....

LOL...you are too funny....

Location hidden

#486354 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many forms of birth control are abortion. Contraception is evil and against God . Catholicism is all about respecting life and being against birth control and abortion is intertwined with what Catholics believe. So saying this is off subject is wrong. Catholicism is an outward religion, we respect others , we see the face of Christ in others , we are to do corporal works of mercy and spiritual works of mercy. Believing and practicing Christianity isn't just readings from the bible, its doing what Christ wants us to do , to help the most vulnerable, the poor, the poor in spirit. The most vulnerable is the unborn and the very old and handicapped. Birth control is wrong and teaches selfishness how to lie etc.
why don't you take your hatred against birth control to your fellow catholics who are using birth control?? Go make a form and call it All Catholics who are using birth control your evil....then debate that with your fellow Catholics...you have a lot to offer misguided people. Start saving those within your own church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486355 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Oh my, my, my.....no wonder why they are so many people lost by not listening to the Word of God....

Following man instead of following God....
Liam

Union, NJ

#486356 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control is NOT frowned upon in the Bible.....
"Be you fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it."
This, however, was obviously, a command given to Adam and Eve, not to all mankind today as we ARE NOT under the Old Covenant.
Show me a Bible verse that says humans are the creators of life.
God is the author of life, truth. We have no business trying to prevent life from entering the world while doing the means God established to bring forth life. That's sex.
Artificial contraception is a deliberate attempt at stopping a human life from happening.
"Be fruitful and multiply" is not necessarily the reason why the authority of the Church is against it. Sex is gift from God. It should only be done within the covenant of marriage.
Before you were born, self proclaimed elders, pastors and ministers were unanimously in agreement with the Church on the subject. Now the new generation of unauthorized Bible translators are undoing this. But they are undoing everything else so what the heck. Open up your eyes, if you can't see that contraception has led to recreational sex and promiscuity since you guys promoted it 40 yrs ago, you're blind.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486357 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"Catholicism is about respecting life"??? Don't even go there. You open yourselve up once again to abuses. "Catholicism is an outward religion,we respect others" that's a joke when you don't show it on this forum."Birth control teaches us how to lie???? Now that's going over board. So are your practicing birth control since your spreading lies about another poster?
I just couldn't believe what this person posted.....

This is why so many people are lost....they are listening to the false teachings of men instead of listening to the teachings of God.....

It is really sad....

Location hidden

#486358 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
So many people don't get it. Birth control is part of the culture of death Blessed Pope John Paul II preached and wrote in an encyclical. Birth control goes against God in every way. The children of Fatima were told about hell , many people go to hell because of sexual sins, birth control has given a green light to pre marital sex, extra marital sex and many other perversions. What is right is sometimes the most unpopular thing. We must follow what Christ wants and not use what is promoted as part of the culture of death.
" many people go to hell because of sexual sin" clean up your own house before offering to cleans your neighbors house.

Location hidden

#486359 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO MANY children creates other problems about which the Bible speaks of.
1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
A man could fail to provide for his own family in TWO serious ways.
If the man does NOT work.
The other would be to generate so many children that he could NOT provide for their needs.
Birth control is NOT a sin.....
It is taking responsibility for your family!!!
Too many children is correct. maybe the catholic church can feed them all..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486360 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the author of life, truth. We have no business trying to prevent life from entering the world while doing the means God established to bring forth life. That's sex.
Artificial contraception is a deliberate attempt at stopping a human life from happening.
"Be fruitful and multiply" is not necessarily the reason why the authority of the Church is against it. Sex is gift from God. It should only be done within the covenant of marriage.
Before you were born, self proclaimed elders, pastors and ministers were unanimously in agreement with the Church on the subject. Now the new generation of unauthorized Bible translators are undoing this. But they are undoing everything else so what the heck. Open up your eyes, if you can't see that contraception has led to recreational sex and promiscuity since you guys promoted it 40 yrs ago, you're blind.
Clay,

What is your relationship to God if you have TOO MANY children and can't provide for their needs???

God instituted marriage for so many different reasons...

God plainly teaches that husband and wife should fulfill one another's sexual needs.

This necessitates regular marital relations.

God has-given us the good sense to know how to accomplish this without necessarily having children.

Location hidden

#486361 Oct 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't believe what this person posted.....
This is why so many people are lost....they are listening to the false teachings of men instead of listening to the teachings of God.....
It is really sad....
This is also why many people look down on the Catholic church. She will turn people away from her church by her actions.This is not a birth control forum but she as a personal reason for making it one.I just don't understand why people just can have an open mind and try to understand each other instead of focusing on I am right and your wrong. My church is better than your church.Instead of coming together and discussing why one church believes one way and way another church believes in another...all this makes one want to run and hide. Good Morning to you!

Location hidden

#486362 Oct 30, 2013
Good Morning Rose!!

Location hidden

#486363 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn'tmake it right, those Catholics are Catholic in name only and its a very grave sin supporting contraception. That will never change.
Well, that's a good place to start preaching your hatred against birth control. Go make that forum...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486364 Oct 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 5:8

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Look what this scripture says, Clay....

PROVIDE not for his own......

SPECIALLY for those of his OWN HOUSE.....

He hath DENIED the FAITH....AND,

IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486365 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This is also why many people look down on the Catholic church. She will turn people away from her church by her actions.This is not a birth control forum but she as a personal reason for making it one.I just don't understand why people just can have an open mind and try to understand each other instead of focusing on I am right and your wrong. My church is better than your church.Instead of coming together and discussing why one church believes one way and way another church believes in another...all this makes one want to run and hide. Good Morning to you!
Good morning to you....

I have to get going on my Honey-To-Do list......LOL....

Yes, you are correct....

Location hidden

#486366 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Unlimited Dominion
Pope Paul's final warning was that contraception would lead man to think that he had unlimited dominion over his own body. Sterilization is now the most widely used form of contraception in the U.S.; individuals are so convinced of their rights to control their own bodies that they do not hesitate to alter even their own physical make-up.
The desire for unlimited dominion over one's own body extends beyond contraception. The production of "test-tube babies" is another indication of the refusal to accept the body's limitations; so too are euthanasia and the use of organs transplanted from those who are "nearly" dead. We seek to adjust the body to our desires and timetables, rather than adjusting ourselves to its needs.
So..your against test tube babies also?? And your against transplant organs to save someone from death?? Sounds like your against help those to live.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#486367 Oct 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll "take my chances" with the Eternal Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church, leaving you June, to face the fiery fate of hell, on your own...... Your choice!!!!!!
God's plan of avoiding those torments:

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
YTube

Marietta, GA

#486368 Oct 30, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1