Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687275 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486317 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You commit a horrendous sin by misleading children to use birth control, this is just plain evil.
There is no Scripture that supports your erroneous belief...you are parroting what the piped piper has taught you...which is nonsense...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486318 Oct 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,whole,thing is,WHY I came on Topix,..posted it after I was comfortable, on the,abortion forum ..as an argument against abortion..
And pro choicest,,did not agree on my reasoning But understood a,lot nicer than certain people .
But for decades I did not tell friend a,unless close ...But I did tell my child ..
She,and my sis,went with me to his,,wedding .
And,I thank God my son is in my life ..the,secrecy surrounding adoptions,rivalled the,CIA...and the,people,who think I'm.awful for it can do what they please''
Was,just a,sick thing to drag it on this,forum....
Well, it's done. You have sustained the attack, and probably profited from it in the mean.
Admirable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486319 Oct 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's done. You have sustained the attack, and probably profited from it in the mean.
Admirable.
Exactly ..hey ..I hear,Nick is,driving ..pick me up ..spend,a,bit of time,in warm weather ..But lol won t stop a,lights,

Bring money for tickets,..FHP strict ..Lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486320 Oct 29, 2013
Going to try to get some,sleep.
Good night and God watch over you all

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486321 Oct 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.
Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....
----------
The Word has all of the answers:
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that THEY WHICH ARE OF FAITH, THE SAME ARE THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM.
Gal 3:8 And THE SCRIPTURE, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, PREACHED BEFORE THE GOSPEL UNTO ABRAHAM, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then THEY WHICH BE OF FAITH ARE BLESSED WITH FAITHFUL ABRAHAM.
KayMarie
sec try..

Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...

Fact remains:
Judaism: The monotheistic religion of the Jews, tracing its origins to Abraham and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud.

Christianity: The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.

If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#486322 Oct 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
sec try..
Quoting random Scripture that pertains not to the current thread is about as low as a person can get...
Fact remains:
If you need additional elucidating...I am here for you....or you can continue your silly prattle in the hopes that you will somehow save face...
The Jewish Talmud is thoroughly CORRUPT and Judaism has absolutely nothing to do with Abraham. Judaism is a Satanic corruption of the Old original Hebrew belief system. It happened in the book of Ezra after the return from captivity. Have you not read Ezra? If so then did you not understand what Ezra was teaching?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486323 Oct 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you. The idea that you are worthy of heaven and other deserves to go to hell ... appeals to you.
And what you believe is your right.
Correction: I am not worthy of heaven, except by the Grace of God,(only) if HE so chooses!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#486324 Oct 30, 2013
And those of you that don't believe that Christ is gonna rule here on earth ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) need to read Zechariah chapter 14. We are shown that Christ is returning to earth with all the saints and that day He shall set foot on Mt. of Olives and that mountain we are told is gonna split in two. Then in verse 9 we are told that Christ is gonna be king over ALL THE EARTH.

There was actually one soul that told me that I was wrong if I thought Christ was ever gonne set foot on earth ever again. Well sister if you read the 14th chapter of Zechariah you will see that it is not me that has been lied to but rather it is you.

Tell whatever preacher that has been telling you that Christ is never gonna set foot on earth ever again is a liar and the truth ain't in them.

People there is no rapture. Unfortunately you guys have been lied to all your lives.

Telling you guys there is no rapture will pro bably make you feel as you did when you learned the truth that there is no Santa Claus. THERE IS NO RAPTURE FOLKS. Why do you guys seek a rapture anyhow? What are you trying to run from. Children of God don't run from the Devil and his ilk. As children of the MOST HIGH GOD,WE KICK DRAGON AND TAKE NAME. Only cowards look for a rapture because they are fearful. THERE IS NO RAPTURE.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#486325 Oct 30, 2013
Have you guys been watching the new reality series on the boob tube called L.A PREACHERS? I think that's what its called. Now if you want to see a bunch of PULPIT PIMPS just watch that show. Sad!
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486326 Oct 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: I am not worthy of heaven, except by the Grace of God,(only) if HE so chooses!!
you are right only the 144.000
are worthy, you and i will live on earth for ever, there will be no more death or pain. the 144.000 will rule with God, as kings and priests over you and i and the rest of mankind on earth.

Please note every thing is not spiritual, most people think that the soul is not part of the body, they are wrong for we are all living souls .(soul means life ) we will truly be resurrected on earth.
for our punishment for sin is to grow old and die.Romans: 6.7 for the one that has died has been justified from sin
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486327 Oct 30, 2013
Why would God punish human king a second time, as God is a God of love,Evin in our courts today you cannot be found guilty on the same case a second time, if you are not guilty you will remain not guilty.

0-
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486328 Oct 30, 2013
sorry i meant human kind, not king
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486329 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>IIf you believe in birth control and use it, God isn't. Your own church goes against birth control.
God also says that a man must work pay his taxes and take care of his family.

If he has TOO MANY CHILDREN to take care of and can't feed them, would God be happy about that???

Think about it!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486332 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Apostolic Tradition
The biblical teaching that birth control is wrong is found even more explicitly among the Church Fathers, who recognized the biblical and natural law principles underlying the condemnation.
In A.D. 195, Clement of Alexandria wrote, "Because of its divine institution for the propagation of man, the seed is not to be vainly ejaculated, nor is it to be damaged, nor is it to be wasted" (The Instructor of Children 2:10:91:2).
Hippolytus of Rome wrote in 255 that "on account of their prominent ancestry and great property, the so-called faithful [certain Christian women who had affairs with male servants] want no children from slaves or lowborn commoners,[so] they use drugs of sterility or bind themselves tightly in order to expel a fetus which has already been engendered" (Refutation of All Heresies9:12).
Around 307 Lactantius explained that some "complain of the scantiness of their means, and allege that they have not enough for bringing up more children, as though, in truth, their means were in [their] power ... or God did not daily make the rich poor and the poor rich. Wherefore, if any one on any account of poverty shall be unable to bring up children, it is better to abstain from relations with his wife" (Divine Institutes 6:20).
The First Council of Nicaea, the first ecumenical council and the one that defined Christís divinity, declared in 325, "If anyone in sound health has castrated himself, it behooves that such a one, if enrolled among the clergy, should cease [from his ministry], and that from henceforth no such person should be promoted. But, as it is evident that this is said of those who willfully do the thing and presume to castrate themselves, so if any have been made eunuchs by barbarians, or by their masters, and should otherwise be found worthy, such men this canon admits to the clergy" (Canon 1)
TOO MANY children creates other problems about which the Bible speaks of.

1 Timothy 5:8

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

A man could fail to provide for his own family in TWO serious ways.

If the man does NOT work.

The other would be to generate so many children that he could NOT provide for their needs.

Birth control is NOT a sin.....

It is taking responsibility for your family!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486333 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are for pre marital sex.... Did you know birth control is frowned on in the bible?
Birth control is NOT frowned upon in the Bible.....

"Be you fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it."

This, however, was obviously, a command given to Adam and Eve, not to all mankind today as we ARE NOT under the Old Covenant.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486336 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
It seems also there are Christians on this forum who don't agree that God is a part of their marriage.
God SHOULD ALWAYS be in the center of every marriage....

BUT,

Not everyone believes it or thinks it is not necessary....

The institution of marriage and family is generally not held in the esteem that God meant for it to be.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486337 Oct 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>God is a great part of our marriage!
As it should be...

God should be the center of every marriage...
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#486338 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn'tmake it right, those Catholics are Catholic in name only and its a very grave sin supporting contraception. That will never change.
It is better to have birth control than to have a abortion,unless you only have sex when you want a child,(No children no sex)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486339 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You have been misguided, you know nothing about natural family planning, in fact several people have tried to tell you what it is, but you wouldn't listen. If you think that abortion is murder, you would not have said i hope there is never another holocaust. Any pro life supporter knows that there is a holocoast going on right now in this Country. Another thing , the pill is an abortifacient. look it up. So you and sera have fun putting others down and say we hate. You make me laugh. I know what your agenda is and its not very Christian. You are trying to upset me. Won't work.
Are we, today, suppose to stone adulterers because the Jews did???

You are the one that is VERY misguided!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#486340 Oct 30, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are for pre marital sex.... Did you know birth control is frowned on in the bible?
Do you know God's definition of marriage???

NOT man's definition BUT God's definition!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web