Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485995 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a born again Christian
June ..
And have nothing to do with Wiccans ...
If you are a born-again Christian, you are either a Protestant, or a Catholic, as there are no other types of Christians.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485996 Oct 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe both Regina and myself think you and hermi hate us, then what?
I don't..

Prince George, Canada

#485997 Oct 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics will "continue" to follow the TRUTH of the TRUE, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF
Ridiculous blather!

You are ignorant of the fact that nowhere did a man named Jesus write even one word in his own name. And the pathetic part IS ... you choose to stay ignorant of that fact.

If the popes had even one word written by Jesus, they would be broadcasting it to the ends of the earth. But ... NOTHING!

All that is supposedly left of Jesus' physical being, is the foreskin from his circumcision.

If they could only find those men who have that flesh, DNA testing could be done to find some "interesting" in formation.

And unlike the supposed savior ... the information would NOT be invisible.

:)

Location hidden

#485998 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are,so helpful. Lol
What would we do without you
I like to help people in need..lol
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#485999 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a born-again Christian, you are either a Protestant, or a Catholic, as there are no other types of Christians.
Is too!
What about them 'Coptick'?'Captic'? You know... that foreign branch of them over there.

Prince George, Canada

#486000 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do insults make you feel better ??
When people are being blatant idiots ... yes insults do make me feel better!
truth

Perth, Australia

#486001 Oct 28, 2013
who me..yep..my anger..oh kill you..i told you..if i implemented my mind into innovation..oh if finish in someone much more worse hand..adios io io..no any planet will left all will be one cooking bread.
deference is.. I am honest
you not confess yourself..
as well you don't liked know whats will be happen with all of you..ones save for ever save..nobody care what you say not at all..why?.. others have something better..

Its not nice confession every day openly!!!

You know we call confectionery as gift for kids in small white bags or papers swing from down hand as shape of cylinder as caramels and lolly.
Its small secrets very simple too nothing cost.
as well papers make as you see opera house but on other side 4 on fingers on each splitting from each side its written secrets..small papers geometric secret see..nobody going spend money to be fun funny..o yes can be very easy be stupid without conciseness aha image is image
color is color geometric is geometric.

now see deference to be child mind
source of everything is within new born natural child..no force no..everything what is set up or force..is not natural full of deference creed and beauty..
now
i am not care what you think about me..
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#486002 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your other link
And if you noticed that was a,JEWISH link I gave ..no Protestant
You cannot force people to be Catholics and punish them for not being sincere ...Jesus,Saud preach ..WALK AWAY if they do not believe .
NOTHING OF FORCING BELIEF ....EVER ..
Obviously the JEWS see,the whole thing differently than the Catholics ..
Not sure they felt it benign .
And things,done by Catholic Monarchs the Church kept in power and approved of??
Every one should have been excommunicated ..
Burning of witches was bad too.
But again
.it's,you people saying ..
Well this one did something bad too.
The POPES started this ...hunt for heresy and THEIR APPROVAL OF JEWUSH BELIEF ..who gave them that right .NOT GOD ..
that's,why I believe your Church strayed way off the path of 're APOSTLES ...
confiscating synagogues and giving to the CHURCH Z..JEWISH property ..???
Would Peter approve of ONE person dying in God's name ...would Jesus ..
Whether it is a Jewish or Protestant link is irrelevant if it is innaccuarte. As I said one was grossly exaggerated. In your world repeating propoganda makes it true I guess. Kind of like you watching a video of Waldensians who werent really founded by Waldo. lol I post historians of the Waldensians, A lutheran Scholar and A Catholic article which contains documents and statements of Faith and Waldo seeking papal approval but no some fringe video is the good stuff. ;0 You are nuts!

Second as I said your links did not address the points made and neither does your post above full of more accusation with nothing to back it up. The inquisitions you dont know anything about. If you read the last link I provided and did some research you might learn something, but you would rather hold onto the myth. Do you think the Jews didnt persecute anyone? Do you think heretical groups and pagans didnt kill anyone? Your Father Protestants killed alot of people. Moses put to death more people than any inquisition ever did.

The Popes started this heresy and their approval of Jewish belief? You dont know what you are talking about and that makes no sense at all. It has been the position from the beginning that the Jews were not to be persecuted and the reasons were given in the article. Which part of that do you object to? Saints in the church were quoted. The Jews were not exactly friendly to Christians and the appeals to Pope by Jews are a matter of record. Sorry but the Pope didnt send a tweet to every Bishop in the world nor were crystal balls the norm that he would know the every thought, move and desire of everyone in the church and instant tweet went out. Im sure you know every single thing that goes in all Protestant churches right? The govt too right? My position is that it was not the position of the church to persecute or kill Jews. In fact it was just the opposite. It doesnt mean that one couldnt argue against it or defend against falsities, such as statements like Jesus is the devil and Peter was called Rock because of the hardness of his head and dullness of mind. No one is denying that things took place, but what is being objected to is that it was a primary policy of the church which is what you are defending. That is blatantantly false.

In Spain the Muslims had conquered virtually all of Spain. They slaughtered their children, the looted, they burned, confiscated land. It was the way things were done. Luther did it too and the Lords divied up the property. Only one tiny portion of Spain remained. The Muslims were 1/2 way through France until they were pushed back by the French. However Spain remained occupied. As time passed various Muslims allowed christians to practice and some not at all. It was also widely known that certain Jews conspired with the Muslims so that they would obtain favor when the Muslims had power. Indeed they did enjoy priveleges Christians did not. When the Sultans became corrupt and their power began to dwindle the tide began to change.

Location hidden

#486003 Oct 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe both Regina and myself think you and hermi hate us, then what?
Nick doesn't hate anyone. he doesn't have it in him. He has never hated a person.Nick and I are total opposites...lol opps accept for humor and the love for animals..

Prince George, Canada

#486004 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No, its not. June, or whoever you are, Christ loves you. No matter how hurt you 've been what you went through, Christ is there .
Don't be so silly as to believe you can speak for an imaginary savior.

Through the eons of time, there have been many imaginary saviors that resided in the minds of believers.

For instance ... Muslims are waiting for the 12th Imam that they believe is set on saving them.

Superstition is just that ... superstition.

Location hidden

#486005 Oct 28, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is too!
What about them 'Coptick'?'Captic'? You know... that foreign branch of them over there.
Coptic orthodox? lol

Prince George, Canada

#486006 Oct 28, 2013
All the ancient religions were based on the superstition of fear. Hells and evil spirits by one title or another were in all of them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.

Prince George, Canada

#486007 Oct 28, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is too!
If they are over there they are evil ... as the holy ones are always in our midst.

You have so much to learn about religion Jumper, but stick with me, and together we will become even more unenlightened.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486008 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe Christ fulfilled Mosaic Law? Catholicism is an extension of Judaism . Christ was Jewish, Christ started One Holy Catholic Church.
So then...you are saying your pope is a bald face liar...he approved the NABre which states: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

It do not say one thing about the Catholic church....which is a denomination...which Christ never built!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#486009 Oct 28, 2013
$u.per$.t.it.io.n..super=as hero as stititi=defender
see
you are correct many things can be in mind of people..
but our lovely god always find path how put that mind working for beneficiary
yeeeeeeee
Are you jealous now?
truth

Perth, Australia

#486010 Oct 28, 2013
i told you who used passage trough bible kuran and others holy scripture make upsidown trough time and history..
yee
its not nice attacking people because others are real users of passage as well rules..
see

its bad luck of controlling that you can't understood
understand to understood
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#486011 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are over there they are evil ... as the holy ones are always in our midst.
You have so much to learn about religion Jumper, but stick with me, and together we will become even more unenlightened.
I know all I need to know.
I'm American.
truth

Perth, Australia

#486012 Oct 28, 2013
maybe not
a yes you are liar
no not
yes you are
no not
yes you are
which tribe you belong
Shoshoni Apache this or that..

no i don't wish go in ja.merica..jama=graveyard
see correction of my words..

who bring me here plain my future before without my knowing why is like that
certainly someone liked keep me on that path does meter how much i pay price..horrible..many things i don't wanted or liked..no

Rejection of myself to be something others liked too..most hurt they think they are holy or bigger with that..i don't think so!
truth

Perth, Australia

#486013 Oct 28, 2013
see
shishini is you drink shishe or use ashishe
a pichi a pichi run run i don't wanted hear for your comic words..
see meaning and pronaucment..
Is that nice?
be honest no

from shishini can be shani shani as well akapisho
as
nice nice understood to understand..

I love you!
by
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#486014 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There IS nowhere to land between heaven and hell. That's the problem.
If there is "nowhere" between heaven and hell--then "Why do you care anyway"! Why don't you just go live your antagonistic "atheistic or agnostic life" (or whatever you call yourself) of judgment, confusion, chaos and contradiction of others,(especially Christians) on your own "isolated island" of vindictive and hostile hate that you have (built up)!..... The vast majority on this forum, who are Christians, WILL NEVER agree with your "snake oil" editorialized personal opinions (anyway). We (as Christians) chose to live our lives (each day) in the "faith" and Salvation" of Jesus Christ (as Catholics), in through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... You have chosen something "radically" different, so "go live your shallow life" in the confines of your own atheist or agnostic (cracker box)of "isolationism" and anti-christian (distorted) intellectualism....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 8 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 9 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 18 hr KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Apr 30 untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web