Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670661 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#486075 Oct 29, 2013
independent common sense wrote:
Some of us are believers that do not choose to practice any religion. Religion is not mandatory to go to Heaven, actually I think it makes the fact that one will make it to Heaven even more likely. Religion is something man came up with as a means to control the people. Catholics were the first to really take it to an extreme. Man chose the books of the Bible, leaving out all books written by woman and all books that didn't say what they wanted the people to know about or believe. I see no point in dealing with a "middle man" like a church or religion. One can have a relationship with their God directly, no need to use a religion that doesn't tell you the truth anyway.
nice...
ICS..nice ring to it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#486076 Oct 29, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is nothing more then keeping a set of rules and traditions. It has nothing to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ. If it weren't for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at the cross, no one today would know God. In fact, that is the only way we can know God.
And what, may I ask, is your relationship to Christ?

Location hidden

#486077 Oct 29, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet there isn't single document written by Peter in the Entire Bible.
You all follow Paul, no one else... even Protestants.
Aside from fable, I have never found any documentation that puts Peter and Paul in Rome at the same time either.

Location hidden

#486078 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
God and I can handle evil without some middle man. The church alone is not the only way to know God either or to praise him. And if not for JESUS.....not religion, no one would know of God. Like I said, you CAN believe without religion. I believe in God and in Jesus and his resurrection.....I DO NOT believe religion serves God and HIS interest, at least not ONLY HIS interest.
So then...from Ge 1:1 until Christ was born of Mary...no one knew God!!!!????

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#486079 Oct 29, 2013
The philosophers all had their opinions, that as individuals, they valued as being based on "truth."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

385 BCE – Plato publishes Symposium in which Phaedrus, Eryixmachus, Aristophanes and other Greek intellectuals argue that love between males is the highest form, while sex with women is lustful and utilitarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_LGBT...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#486080 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
States hojo stamping feet ... "I am saved and you evil ones will end up in hell. GOD said it is true and I believe GOD ... as he speaks in number one person ... ME."
:)
There's just nothing quite like tooting your own horn.
This is just "another one" of your twisted, distorted and vindictive comments that you, June, are so famous for!! GOD ALONE will be my final judge regarding either heaven or hell, and not you or some other hostile atheist, agnostic (or whatever you call yourself --------OR------ some man-made other "fly-by-night" bible only preacher theologian "hack" who has "appointed himself" to relieve GOD of HIS Ultimate responsibility....... You obviously, haven't learned ANYTHING in your old age, accept vindictively attacking, condemning and attempting to undermine the faith and salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)!!!

Location hidden

#486081 Oct 29, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is nothing more then keeping a set of rules and traditions. It has nothing to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ. If it weren't for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at the cross, no one today would know God. In fact, that is the only way we can know God.
You mean the new christian deity don't you?
The ALL has always been, and always will be...unlike your primitive deity.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486082 Oct 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom is your God, and what is your relationship to him?

There IS only ONE Abrahamic GOD ... and unless you are inferring that he is fickle by serving your Christian religion ... he is faithful ONLY to the Jews and Judaism in its purest form.

That was the original Abrahamic theology ... that no man (or woman) if they are "wise" ... should break ASUNDER.

Location hidden

#486083 Oct 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no argument, there is nothing to discuss and there is nothing to deliberate, because the TRUTH of Gods Word has been revealed as TRUTH over 2000 years ago and we as Catholics "already know" where that TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD, is, has been and will always be and it is in Jesus Christ, the WORD OF GOD "made flesh" that HE gave us in Matthew 16:13-21, which is manifested in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church...... It is "most definitely" NOT in your Protestant (man-made" bible only "half-truth, half-heretical" 42,000 (RELATIVE TRUTH) opinions!!! Keep, tying to convince yourself, truth, but it will be to no avail,(as you desperately --keeping "bible verse (spinning in circles) because the fact is that even (the majority) of your other 41,999 other self-opinionated "fundies" don't agree with you either. You, truth, are like Peter before his true conversion to Jesus Christ!
YOU FISH---and CATCH NOTHING!!!! That is until hPeter, eventually came to (his senses) and to the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD, made flesh, when HE appointed Peter (to be HIS (earthly representative) over 2000 years ago, to lead HIS APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH, until HE (Jesus) returned for the 2nd time!!!! Get it yet truth!!!!
So then...you are saying your pope is a bald face liar...he approved the NABre which states: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

It do not say one thing about the Catholic church....which is a denomination...which Christ never built!!!!

Kitwanga, Canada

#486084 Oct 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And what, may I ask, is your relationship to Christ?
Disciples of Jesus should be Jews. That "theology" is truthful.
Catholic Girl

United States

#486085 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
God and I can handle evil without some middle man. The church alone is not the only way to know God either or to praise him. And if not for JESUS.....not religion, no one would know of God. Like I said, you CAN believe without religion. I believe in God and in Jesus and his resurrection.....I DO NOT believe religion serves God and HIS interest, at least not ONLY HIS interest.
Without the knowledge of those theologians & priests how do you know that what you believe as truth and not satan slipping these ideas into your head. Some yrs. back there was a guy named Son of Sam, he was a mass murderer and said the voices in his head (he said was God)told him to kill those people. do you think this guy could tell good from evil?
Religion is not a "middle man" but a vessel to carry us through. Lets start to think outside the box for once.
One can belief what ever they want, this is still America isn't? Truly happy to hear of your belief in God and that you understand the resurrection stuff. religion does not serve God but could be in place as a service to God.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486086 Oct 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just "another one" of your twisted, distorted and vindictive comments that you, June, are so famous for!! GOD ALONE will be my final judge regarding either heaven or hell, and not you or some other hostile atheist, agnostic (or whatever you call yourself --------OR------ some man-made other "fly-by-night" bible only preacher theologian "hack" who has "appointed himself" to relieve GOD of HIS Ultimate responsibility....... You obviously, haven't learned ANYTHING in your old age, accept vindictively attacking, condemning and attempting to undermine the faith and salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)!!!
AWWWWWW hojo ... you know as well as do all others that you believe you speak FOR GOD.

But remember that the Jews that broke away from polytheism (belief in many gods) were the ones to start the one-god dogma. And they had first and rightful dibs as claiming they were Jehovah's ONLY chosen few.

It wasn't polite of the Christians and Muslims to HORN in on the emotions of the one god and try to get him to commit adultery with them ... when he was already totally invested in marriage ONLY to the faithful Jews.

Isn't religious theology FUN hojo???

Kitwanga, Canada

#486087 Oct 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the new christian deity don't you?
The ALL has always been, and always will be...unlike your primitive deity.
The "ALL???" Is that a fancy name for your preferential imaginary deity???

I wonder what the first hairy humans in their imaginary fantasies used for a title?

Why don't you prove to me that your "ALL" exists ... while the Abrahamic God Jehovah does NOT exist?

Kitwanga, Canada

#486088 Oct 29, 2013
There never has been one shred of evidence (except in imagination gone wild) that a creator exists.

Yet humans keep having faith that the figmented gods and goddesses of their own imaginations are REAL.

These humans are not willing to wait until they die to find out what (if anything) occurs after death.

What a shame that humans are so impatient, they choose to fight in defense of their own religious dogmas ... while vilifying the dogmas of others.

Until humans admit they are not fortune tellers, the nasty games that prove nothing ... will continue on and on and on.

Kitwanga, Canada

#486089 Oct 29, 2013
I suggest that because it is untamable, imagination always did go wild.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

The lamas are masters of the atmosphere exactly like the shamans; they fly in the air, etc.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486090 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Regina doesn't hate anyone.
What she's saying is that I'm sinful...and she's not. Note the "Regina hates" and "I don't".

Thanks for your efforts (and those of Marge), but it's unimportant. Maybe just say a prayer for her conversion to a more charitable frame of mind and heart.

(Ok, go to it, folks. Knock yourselves out as you surely will!)

Kitwanga, Canada

#486091 Oct 29, 2013
No doubt the ancient humans that believed their own jargon was the real-deal, would have argued in defense of their jargon ... just as occurs in religions of today.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

According to an ancient tradition, the White Light gave birth to an egg, from which emerged the primordial Man.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#486092 Oct 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"To the Jew first and than the Greek....." How are you my Greek brother? I am so busy with work and so on,that I barely can get on here anymore.Had much to catch up on,since I spent 6 weeks on Medical.My bones are getting tired,am 65,and it is starting to show.By the way I agree with your post here.It is so true that in all Christian circles there are those who cheat on their wives,live in sin,and bring shame to the rest of us.
God is still on the Throne,and He will take care of His own. We are made righteous through our High Priest who is the O N L Y ONE that was Spotless,pure from sin,and there was no guile to be found in His mouth. In the Person of Jesus the beleiver has the grace and the opportunity to walk in righteousness and truth,so when we do that,we are in HIS standing,no longer ours.
When we walk in our own strength we are in our own standing,and there is no spiritual dynamic of His Person to stand with us.The High Priest of our own soul is Jesus Christ alone,and He not only stood in the Holy of HOlies as it were before His Father,He was the supreme sacrifice,the LAMB of God,so in H I M we have our being as true sons and daughters of the Most High.How do we share that with humanity? Well, with much cost,we must L I V E it,because our actions will prove louder than our words that we belong to the Righteous ONE who laid down His life for ALL!
I share these things not because I am a know it all,but to plant a seed in the mind of those who read so that they will not seek eternal truth from other men,but from Jesus the Christ Himself who is the T R U T H! If people continue to reject,they are missing out on the greatest event known to all human life,the Resurrection of Christ in their mortal bodies!
It is never easy to follow Christ,but His YOKE is placed upon us,that is light,because Jesus carried the weight of it,while we are joining Him in bearing the YOKE.His Burden is light,His Yoke is Easy,and Jesus carries it with us,that is why we are able to bear it.You have encountered that in your life HS.and that is a living testimony of who and what He is both in your life,and to others who view it!Take care.Have to get ready for work.DAN!
You wrote: "It is so true that in all Christian circles there are those who cheat on their wives,live in sin,and bring shame to the rest of us."
----------

Is that really what you meant to say, Dan, that all those sinful people are reflecting badly on you??

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#486093 Oct 29, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS,LORD AND HIGH PRIEST .

everything else,pales,in comparison ...

Our relationship to HIM is foremost ..not what Church we,worship in
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#486094 Oct 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the American Wiccans that by witchcraft believe they can bring down the "holy" power of the goddess from the moon are "enlightened."
Okie Dokie!
Naw nothing like that at all.

I only wish we could once again recive the fear and respect that made us known though out the known world.

Hollywood is about all we have left and Canada has an eye on it like a hungery wolf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,420
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web