Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692194 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#485955 Oct 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - I know now - you are talking about ufos!
:o)
https://www.youtube.com/results...
Nope ... I'm referring to all those human created gods that reside up in the sky ... such as Zues ... Hesus ... Krishna ... Jehovah ... etc.

I doubt that the goddesses will make a fuss, as they are probably too busy trying to look pretty for the male gods.

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485956 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. You don't act like an Eastern Orthodox at all, you post like a fundie.
And you don't act like a catholic and you post like a truck driver..My church believes I am correct and your wrong.Stop posting lies about my church..lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485957 Oct 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>gee June, come on,can you meet me half way? lol
There IS nowhere to land between heaven and hell. That's the problem.

Apparently none of the gods will allow a landing anywhere but in eternal bliss ... OR the alternative ... eternal suffering.

So I'll either be drunk on happiness ... or screeching in wretched pain.

I would be satisfied with a little of this and a little of that ... and I don't think that is too much to ask of all those all-powerful deities.

Location hidden

#485958 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the Protestants in the Middle Ages burned those in each other's denominations as witches, as there were very few Catholics allowed in Salem at the time.
But both Pagans and Catholics burned what they believed were offenders of gods in Europe for centuries. And there is no getting around that issue.
But didn't the Catholic church burn Joan of Ark at the stake and then made her a saint? I am confused about that one..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485959 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Christ got angry at people who spread falsehoods.
Really????????

Do you mean somebody told a falsehood? It wasn't YOU ... was it?

marge

Leesburg, GA

#485960 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I never cursed her grandchildren. Only the pro aborts thought that. I don't know you are because you were not on the pro life posters side, ever. It's not your business how I post. God loves me very much , you don't understand or you are trying to manipulate others. You cannot ever tell another poster how to post. Saint Pio and other Saints would get very angry and tell others what they thought. Christ got angry at people who spread falsehoods. You spread falsehoods. This is an adult forum, if you are too thin skinned and get hurt easy, don't post because you will get upset at everything, kinda like you do now, right?
I'm pretty sure Rosie votes pro-life and you don't Du, is that a lie?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485961 Oct 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>But didn't the Catholic church burn Joan of Ark at the stake and then made her a saint? I am confused about that one..
Poor Joan! She spent about several hundred years in hell before the Catholic hierarchy shipped her burnt remains up and away to eternal bliss.

I don't know if a soul that burns for that long has much hope ... but ... rumor has it that she's now wearing a halo and singing hymns about forgiveness as she wanders the streets of gold.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485962 Oct 28, 2013
Sex Lives of the Popes … by Nigel Cawthorne … first published in Great Britain in 1996.‘An irreverent expose’—The Sunday Times…………

A pagan historian of the period, Ammianus Marcelinus, was not surprised that men should go to such lengths to secure the papacy. He wrote: No wonder that for so magnificent a prize as the Bishopric of Rome, men should contest with the utmost eagerness and obstinancy. To be enriched by the lavish donations of the principal females of the city; to ride, splendidly attired in a stately carriage; to sit at a profuse, luxuriant, more than imperial table—these are the rewards of successful ambition.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485965 Oct 28, 2013
Sex Lives of the Popes … by Nigel Cawthorne … first published in Great Britain in 1996.‘An irreverent expose’—The Sunday Times…………

Under Pope John, the Council of Tours (567) endorsed the Benedictine rule that monks should never sleep two in a bed. Several centuries later the same rule was applied to nuns. It also decided that any cleric found in bed with his wife would be defrocked and excommunicated for a year. But since the Council admitted that there was hardly a cleric in Christendom who did not have a wife or mistress, the effect of this ruling was negligible. Bishops and priests continued to live openly with their wives and mistresses. If anyone was punished, it was the women. Many were given a hundred lashes for the sin of fornicating with a priest.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485966 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Here we go, back in Joan of Arc's time they were very superstitious
Religion still is based on superstition. For instance ... a devil is lurking to lure people into sin.

How silly!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485968 Oct 28, 2013

In other words, the bishops could get away with anything they liked, while lowly priests and monks were forced to put away their wives and families. Later, it is said, Gregory discovered that his edict had caused the needless deaths of children whose clerical fathers had been forced to disown them. According to a letter from Huldric, Bishop of Augusta, to Pope Nicholas I (858—67), Pope Gregory had ordered his servants to empty a fish pond. At the bottom of it, they found the skulls of 6000 children, drowned or otherwise murdered.

Location hidden

#485969 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't understand, Sera . Here we go, back in Joan of Arc's time they were very superstitious , some one who did things differently were called witches and burned at the stake. EVERYONE believee in witches back then, Sera. Sometimes they called a person a witch and burned them because of political reasons, people were very ignorant back then and were upset Joan was visited by angels and by Christ. People were not educated, rarely lived past thirty. It took five hundred years because of rules to become a Saint. Now your Church has Saints, right? It sometimes takes many years to be declared a Saint.
Are you saying that the Catholic church was ignorant back then and didn't believe that Joan was guided by God? Also, what made the Church decide to take a second look at Joan of Ark? Yes the Orthdox church has saints and Joan of Ark is not one of them.

Location hidden

#485971 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Didn'ta poster tell everyone that rose and sera like to start problems? I remember the post but not the poster.
The posters name was regina who hates me and herm and Rose. Hope that's helpful to you'

Location hidden

#485972 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In other words, the bishops could get away with anything they liked, while lowly priests and monks were forced to put away their wives and families. Later, it is said, Gregory discovered that his edict had caused the needless deaths of children whose clerical fathers had been forced to disown them. According to a letter from Huldric, Bishop of Augusta, to Pope Nicholas I (858—67), Pope Gregory had ordered his servants to empty a fish pond. At the bottom of it, they found the skulls of 6000 children, drowned or otherwise murdered.
June! This post is going to get you on Huskers bad girl list? This post will surely put you above Rose and me...lol
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#485973 Oct 28, 2013
witches and stake and burn

oh oh ho ho
noo
see
4000=42-50 generation
its 50% humanity woman
don't look now on religion tradition culture tribe nation atheisam or any organization
look
50% humanity as female 4000 42-50 generation..all less value mental whore this and that..
see is that nice
have mothers like that or belong
42-50 human generation less value

humility suffering and so on

Is that nice
noooooooooooooooooooo
give us give us give us our lovly god

woman is gift from God to man
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485974 Oct 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are a disciple of Constantine -ism...If you were a Christian you would be a disciple of Christ.
your obsession is with ROME..
And you are "obsessed" with lying!!..... You, Confrinting can "worship your bible verses" along with your hostile and vindictive attacks against the TRUE FAITH and the TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ of billions of Catholic around the world, in and through HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH! I'll continue to worship, follow and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, each and every day at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist receiving Our Lords TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD.......For over 35 years, I "put up" with judgmental egotistical bible only preachers like you until Jesus HIMSELF (thankfully by Gods Grace) led me out of the bible only bondage of hate that has "thoroughly corrupted" YOU and your condemning half-truth, half-heresy Christianity!!!!

Location hidden

#485975 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Not the Church, just the people in her area which included a bishop not like the bishops of today. Now the protestants burned hundreds of witches, maybe even thousands.
It was the church that condemned her and the people carried out the sentence...( I watched the movie..lol)
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#485976 Oct 28, 2013
love must win
eh poor mans hopeless

Jesus Christ nothing say against woman.
Why you better to all mans?
truth

Melbourne, Australia

#485977 Oct 28, 2013
as wicket
no you are wrong attack others privacy

you choose that way
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its written

not give up your soul in vain

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485978 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't understand, Sera . Here we go, back in Joan of Arc's time they were very superstitious , some one who did things differently were called witches and burned at the stake. EVERYONE believee in witches back then, Sera. Sometimes they called a person a witch and burned them because of political reasons, people were very ignorant back then and were upset Joan was visited by angels and by Christ. People were not educated, rarely lived past thirty. It took five hundred years because of rules to become a Saint. Now your Church has Saints, right? It sometimes takes many years to be declared a Saint.
LOL!

And after having said all that...you still believe what they wrote as "gospel"?
Hahahahah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 9 hr Yeshua wasIS God ... 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web