Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599505 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485658 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Jewish Theological attitude toward the after-life... "No opinion".
Did you know that one can be a good Jew AND be an atheist ?
Most modern Judaism is considered by Jews to be a Tradition, not a religion.
It depends on the Jew. Some of them are very strict and some are lenient.

I don't have a link for the following, as I copied and pasted it years ago.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Jews take each other to court over who is a true Jew.

Who is a Jew?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lists of Jews

Denominations[show]
Orthodox Conservative
Reform Reconstructionist
Liberal Karaite Humanistic
Renewal Alternative

"Who is a Jew?" is a basic question about Jewish identity. The question has gained particular prominence in connection with several high-profile legal cases in Israel since the founding of the Jewish state in 1948.

The definition of who is a Jew varies according to whether it is being considered by Jews for self-identification or by non-Jews for their own particular purposes. As Jewish identity can include characteristics of an ethnicity and of a religion, the definition of who is a Jew has varied, depending on whether a religious, sociological, or ethnic aspect was being considered. This article is concerned with Jewish self-identification issues.

According to the simplest definition used by Jews for self-identification, a person is a Jew by birth, or becomes one through religious conversion. However, there are differences of opinion among the various branches of Judaism in the application of this definition, including:

Mixed parentage: i.e. whether a person of certain mixed Jewish and non-Jewish parentage should be considered Jewish.
Conversion: i.e. what process of religious conversion should be considered valid.
Life circumstances issues: i.e. whether a person's actions (such as conversion to a different religion) or circumstances in his or her life (such as being unaware of Jewish parentage) should affect his or her Jewish status.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#485659 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Would someone please give me a link to contact the Topix moderators so I can get them to take those symbols off of my avatar???
I couldn't figure out how, even though I tried.
Thanks in advance.
Only way I know,..I do not know which category you'd put it in but good luck ...

Lol I worked hard at the game ..I wanted them ..Good luck

http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485660 Oct 27, 2013
Can you imagine the mess if the races started to take each other to court over who was of the true race???

I know some people who have such an assortment of different races in them, that they are not sure which one holds precedence over the others.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485661 Oct 27, 2013
And furthermore, I am happy that the races are so mixed together. It cuts down on the arrogant idea of, "My race is superior to yours!"

Silly stuff in deed.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485662 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Would someone please give me a link to contact the Topix moderators so I can get them to take those symbols off of my avatar???
I couldn't figure out how, even though I tried.
Thanks in advance.
You never noticed you were getting points,for posting .
It flashed on the screen. In those forums..plus there,was a,big board told you how many points at the side and a the top.

The beta,sign I thunk came at 500 points ..the other was you were playing when it ended ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485663 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only way I know,..I do not know which category you'd put it in but good luck ...
There was nothing TO the game but posting the most posts.

Any nitwit could win at that ridiculous game.

I want them off my avatar ... and if I could find out how to contact Topix, I would do just THAT.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485664 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice the link you posted. Thanks. I'll see how it goes.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485665 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the route I tried already today, and I can't figure out how to get to them personally.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485666 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ALL myth to me.
Of course it is. The wierd thing to me is that they claim the Bible is their source when they are proven time and time again to be wrong.

I just wish they could be honest.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485667 Oct 27, 2013
It is much like Christianity in that respect.

In the USA at least most Jews and Christians could care less about religion. They give themselves a label and follow a few of the traditional rituals but little more.

The fundamentalists and zealots are a minority.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on the Jew. Some of them are very strict and some are lenient.
I don't have a link for the following, as I copied and pasted it years ago.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Jews take each other to court over who is a true Jew.
Who is a Jew?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lists of Jews
Denominations[show]
Orthodox Conservative
Reform Reconstructionist
Liberal Karaite Humanistic
Renewal Alternative
"Who is a Jew?" is a basic question about Jewish identity. The question has gained particular prominence in connection with several high-profile legal cases in Israel since the founding of the Jewish state in 1948.
The definition of who is a Jew varies according to whether it is being considered by Jews for self-identification or by non-Jews for their own particular purposes. As Jewish identity can include characteristics of an ethnicity and of a religion, the definition of who is a Jew has varied, depending on whether a religious, sociological, or ethnic aspect was being considered. This article is concerned with Jewish self-identification issues.
According to the simplest definition used by Jews for self-identification, a person is a Jew by birth, or becomes one through religious conversion. However, there are differences of opinion among the various branches of Judaism in the application of this definition, including:
Mixed parentage: i.e. whether a person of certain mixed Jewish and non-Jewish parentage should be considered Jewish.
Conversion: i.e. what process of religious conversion should be considered valid.
Life circumstances issues: i.e. whether a person's actions (such as conversion to a different religion) or circumstances in his or her life (such as being unaware of Jewish parentage) should affect his or her Jewish status.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485668 Oct 27, 2013
These people are all now deceased ... yet their music lives on ... and their images still live in my mind. Strange how it all works its magic in emotions.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485669 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is. The wierd thing to me is that they claim the Bible is their source when they are proven time and time again to be wrong.
I just wish they could be honest.
It's understandable that none of us want our comfort-zones disturbed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485670 Oct 27, 2013
The way it was
The way it is
The way it oughta be
Ain't no tellin about some things.

Author unknown

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485671 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the route I tried already today, and I can't figure out how to get to them personally.
Did you get an email back..says can take three days ...give it some time

We used that feedback to report a Really bad ad that messed up the page .

It WAS gone two days later .

.only other thing is hit the report abuse on YOUR own post . And tell them what's,wrong on you ..so they can see,

Thing us,once you posted That many times on the game and got that many point s ...You got the bAdge...beta.

As I said,most folks on the game board wanted the badges..or they wouldn't have posted there ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485673 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing TO the game but posting the most posts.
Any nitwit could win at that ridiculous game.
I want them off my avatar ... and if I could find out how to contact Topix, I would do just THAT.
Don't get upset at me ...I liked the game ..or I WOULDN'T have posted there ...there were several ways to get points,..I guess they assume if you did not want them ..oh would not post on pint side . I have no idea

It's,not my game ..I DOBT make the rules .

They say they look at feedback within 3 days ..

To get that badge you had to post at least several days ...I'd say give it a,chance ..it whatever .

Your welcome

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485674 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And furthermore, I am happy that the races are so mixed together. It cuts down on the arrogant idea of, "My race is superior to yours!"
Silly stuff in deed.
It's,not a,silly thing there

In Israel it's,an issue, as,any Jew..getS to be there by Right of Return ..even if your ancestor was,Jewish . As those like the NAZIS killed you for one drip of Jewish blood in your veins .

LOST JEWS,from.Africa and all over welcome and,I believed citizenship.....God bless Israel

The,idea,is,NEVER AGAIN Will a,Jew,not have a homeland to flee to if persecuted .

If I was,them. I'd feel the,same,...they were stuck under Hitler because many countries,would not give them asylum ..AND THEY HAD NO HOME, JUNE ..

even here in the,US we turned some back .. to be killed or imprisoned ...to our etrrnal shame ...IMO...thankfully he guilt was,enough to slay with them..

BELUEVE or not this is,prophecy ..he Return....But it's,also Justice ..
Thank God

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485675 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
These people are all now deceased ... yet their music lives on ... and their images still live in my mind. Strange how it all works its magic in emotions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iZs-e_x0PGMXX
I love these guys,..saw them in person

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Wildcat

Plymouth, MA

#485676 Oct 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Hebrew god is the one true god?
The Hebrew God is YHWH when vowles are imprinted into it we have created in english, the name Jehovah. The RCC in the 12th century, a monk was the first modern Christian to recognize this name as a possibility. The word God is Not a name but a title. Why shouldn't the creator of mankind not have a name? The ancient Jews of Israel knew this and used it. See Psalms 83:18 KJV.
So to answer your question, the answer is YES The Hebrew God is the Only True God, and threw his son Jesus, he created the Christian Faith and delivered to the Jews, his promised Messiah.Thus Christanity comes down to us threw the Nation of Israel by means of a Jewish man we call Jesus.

Many people in the world know this name Jehovah. The JW don't have a ownership on this name. Fact is, they copied this name from this 12th century monk and it's been around,ressurected as it were by the will of God Jehovah.** Google up the name Raymundus Martini who will read for yourself about how the JW agreed with his findings.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#485677 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD!
Those that seek are meek
So what are you "seeking" June!! What I see from you is that you are here (only) in an attempt to undermine the Christian faith of others with your "snake oil" atheism or agnosticism ---or ---whatever you call yourself!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#485678 Oct 28, 2013
shame of you..
see what i say
cvor=Y=its as on tre as direction
see poem
cvrci cvrcak
na cvoru crne smrce
smrijec=allwayes green tree with lots of needle and healthy tiny balls as fruits..
who eat that fruit
batakljuni
kosovci
batakljun ima veliki kljun as you tray make kljun
kljun as pteradactyl
see try make two kljun as geometric 96 as
madeline geometric way is some
as well have two fingers as two graveyards as well as red sea..as meny diference projection as tele portale

now
i am not care what others think
did your yahve spy..
then its spy not creator
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr THE LONE WORKER 226
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Redeemed 84,277
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Mon tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web