Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485860 Oct 28, 2013
Makedonas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am Orthodox, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm prejudiced. This is how I was brought up and when reaching an age of maturity I remain so.
You may say that if I was born Catholic I'd have a different opinion, fair enough, but God gave us the mind to reason and critique. Many People change faiths or religions when they are mature enough to judge and decide for themselves.
I am Orthodox also. Greek Orthodox and Hermi is my husband and he also is Greek Orthodox. Welcome.. I agree with you..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485861 Oct 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Hitler was not Catholic.
He,revered himself ..I Grew ..he may have been raised,Catholic ..
But he,..eve
Evidently like others,..which surprises,me.

Denied JESUS,was,Jewish. Hated and denied the OT.

Also used HORRID,excuses to justify KILLING,Jews,

Also had some,strange,ideas,about purity meaning blond people .

Which begs,the question

did he,EVER LOOK IN A,MIRROR .

not trying to be funny ..But that whole LEBENSBORN use a,. Creating PURE offspring always,struck me as bizarre ...

Location hidden

#485862 Oct 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, and since I have been on here for years, I got squatters rights, and I don't give a [squat] what husk thinks.
that's so funny...lol

Location hidden

#485863 Oct 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark not your fellow man with the measure of your own iniquity...as that act will surely place you on the very same scale of judgement...and place your integrity in question also.--from a very ancient teaching.
I really like that!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485865 Oct 28, 2013
Makedonas wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am Orthodox, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm prejudiced. This is how I was brought up and when reaching an age of maturity I remain so.
You may say that if I was born Catholic I'd have a different opinion, fair enough, but God gave us the mind to reason and critique. Many People change faiths or religions when they are mature enough to judge and decide for themselves.
Wonderful.
And intelligent to boot!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#485867 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop feigning niceties. You do mean to offend me ... just as I mean to offend you.
We are not here to molly-cuddle each other. Debate is about opposing views and opposing views tend to offend. And that is what keeps threads active.
Hey now - what did molly-cuddling every do to you?

:o)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485869 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>It's happening again, over fifty million unborn babies, our future have been slaughtered in the name of hedonism, selfishness and materialism. Many people such as your friend Foo think some children don't have the right to be born, to live, to be called human. Your pro abort friends do not consider an unborn a human being. Now, what did the nazies think of Jews, Catholics, Gypsies, Homosexuals, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, people of color? Think about it.
Something useful ..That might actually help....knit..just some information . Open your mind just a bit ..we night save some babies if we work together

http://www.teapartytribune.com/category/issue...

Albuquerque, NM

#485871 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I think you, rose and any other who will not change their views on Catholicism,should pack up and leave. You and the others are only here to offend Catholics.
*sighs*

Maybe you should research your religion a little more, instead of redacting others into thinking certain posters are "out to get you".

We are just trying to help you realize the errors that many men want to hide from you.

But if you continue to keep the "hojo-mentality", you surely won't gain anything, even for yourself.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#485872 Oct 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus or Yeshua came through the line of King David who was a hebrew.Jesus' humanity of course is given to h i m by h i s mother Mary(Miriam)who happened to be a hebrew as well,and from the line of King David as well,along with Joseph,but we know that Joseph did not sire the Man Jesus,but that of a virgin birth our Lord through the Holy Incarnation became Man and dwelt among His people the Jews.
I disagree with you hojo that Jesus was not Jewish,He was in every sense of the word,because it is through the Jews that we have our Salvation,"To the Jew first and than the Greek....."Jesus is not a qausi-person with a zillion identities,HE is ONE Personage with His Holy seat next to His Father in Heaven,and His flesh is of the Jewish stock through Mary,His very blessed Mother.So if Jesus is both God and Man,than He is God the Son in the Godhead,and Man from the Jewish Line of David through Miriam His mother.
Why change that?Is it because June continues to Judaize Jesus to the point that He is not God?That is her conception of the matter,the truth is Jesus is God from the Heavenly Father of Lights,and Man through the Jewish lineage of King David,by the Virgin Birth that was miracously done in the womb of the Blessed Mother of our Lord.
If what you state is a Catholic belief than why do they so strongly purport that Mary is the Ark of the Covenant? Mary is N O T the Ark of the Covenant,because the Ark held the presence of the Father between the Cheribum,and also the Shekinah Glory which was from the Holy Spirit. ALSO as a matter of History,the Ark of the Covenant was kept safe by King David under tents. King David lamented over the fact that the Ark should be kept in such a way so he asked NATHAN a Prophet in his court to get permission from the LORD to remove the Ark from the tent coverings and into a HOUSE as it were.The LORD told Nathan to tell David not to remove the ARK from the Tent,BECAUSE HE did not need a house as it were,at that time,and His plan was to build a HOLY place through King Solomon,The LORD spoke of HIS presence in the Ark as to what He desired for Himself.God's Presence as He is Omnipresent was in the Ark of the Covenant as IS the Holy Spirit's Presence in the world today,living in the Church,the people of God who have the Spirit of Christ in them.
'Jesus or Yeshua came through the line of King David who was a hebrew."

- Actually Pad, this is inaccurate, if one is to say, Jesus came from "God".

Just because Mary, was of that lineage, her bloodline was not included in the birth, if she was just a carrier of Jesus.

Can you prove that Jesus was of the lineage of David?

Though honesty, you would admit that you can't.

Through Christianity, you will make-up his history and say he was.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485873 Oct 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus or Yeshua came through the line of King David who was a hebrew.Jesus' humanity of course is given to h i m by h i s mother Mary(Miriam)who happened to be a hebrew as well,and from the line of King David as well,along with Joseph,but we know that Joseph did not sire the Man Jesus,but that of a virgin birth our Lord through the Holy Incarnation became Man and dwelt among His people the Jews.
I disagree with you hojo that Jesus was not Jewish,He was in every sense of the word,because it is through the Jews that we have our Salvation,"To the Jew first and than the Greek....."Jesus is not a qausi-person with a zillion identities,HE is ONE Personage with His Holy seat next to His Father in Heaven,and His flesh is of the Jewish stock through Mary,His very blessed Mother.So if Jesus is both God and Man,than He is God the Son in the Godhead,and Man from the Jewish Line of David through Miriam His mother.
Why change that?Is it because June continues to Judaize Jesus to the point that He is not God?That is her conception of the matter,the truth is Jesus is God from the Heavenly Father of Lights,and Man through the Jewish lineage of King David,by the Virgin Birth that was miracously done in the womb of the Blessed Mother of our Lord.
If what you state is a Catholic belief than why do they so strongly purport that Mary is the Ark of the Covenant? Mary is N O T the Ark of the Covenant,because the Ark held the presence of the Father between the Cheribum,and also the Shekinah Glory which was from the Holy Spirit. ALSO as a matter of History,the Ark of the Covenant was kept safe by King David under tents. King David lamented over the fact that the Ark should be kept in such a way so he asked NATHAN a Prophet in his court to get permission from the LORD to remove the Ark from the tent coverings and into a HOUSE as it were.The LORD told Nathan to tell David not to remove the ARK from the Tent,BECAUSE HE did not need a house as it were,at that time,and His plan was to build a HOLY place through King Solomon,The LORD spoke of HIS presence in the Ark as to what He desired for Himself.God's Presence as He is Omnipresent was in the Ark of the Covenant as IS the Holy Spirit's Presence in the world today,living in the Church,the people of God who have the Spirit of Christ in them.
Yes,I did bot understand 're logic used AT ALL.
if Mary is,,important to them...it's as HIS,MOTHER ...shE was,Jewish
And if the line of ABRAHAM AND DAVID ..as was,prophesied .

Why put that down . To prop up the RCC.????..when they venerated,her

Makes no sense ...this is the line of reasoning those who persecute,Jews,use .. That JESUS was,NOT a Jew ...

Nonsense .
Michael

Canada

#485874 Oct 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh??
One of the,main signs,if being Jewish is being born to a,Jewish mother .
He,was,also of the DAViDIC line,..
He,was,fully human..And,JEWISH ..descendant of Abraham and,David .
And,fully Divine .
RoSesz.......One of the,main signs,if being Jewish is being born to a,Jewish mother .

Michael says....... being Jewish means NOT BELIEVING in sons of God. Jewish people believe in a monotheist God.

How could jesus claim to be jewish,practice his jewish faith in the synagogue, follow the jewish teachings, claim to be the son of God when jewish people do not believe in sons of God?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#485875 Oct 28, 2013
Rather than Jesus NEEDING another person to baptize him ... I suggest that a perfected Jew such as Jesus would want to perform a Jewish ceremony on others in order to symbolize perfection in them.

After all Jesus ... not John ... would have been the Master of perfection ... otherwise John would have been known as the savior of all mankind.

Jesus should have been performing a ceremony with John as his subservient learner of Jesus' one and only truth.

Jesus' words to John

"I" John, will teach you
How to be a perfected Jew.

You won't be known as a saint by me
A rabbi you will always be"

Quesnel, Canada

#485876 Oct 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
'Jesus or Yeshua came through the line of King David who was a hebrew."
- Actually Pad, this is inaccurate, if one is to say, Jesus came from "God".
Just because Mary, was of that lineage, her bloodline was not included in the birth, if she was just a carrier of Jesus.
Can you prove that Jesus was of the lineage of David?
Though honesty, you would admit that you can't.
Through Christianity, you will make-up his history and say he was.
Self's myth!

Quesnel, Canada

#485877 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>
“Judge not, lest you be judged”
Judge not that you will go to heaven ... while others go to hell.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#485878 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler didn't love Christ. Where do you get that from? He wanted everyone to worship himself.
As YOU believe that a god worships you and will reject others that in turn are destined to spend eternity in hell.

Not much difference. Only you aren't allowed by law anymore to kill people that you believe are heretics.
Michael

Canada

#485879 Oct 28, 2013
Are christians claiming that Jews are incorrect to have the belief they do?

Jews never believed in a son of God, its in their teachings, so how could Jesus who according to scriptures have been a practicing Jew, and following all jewish customs/traditions which includes a monotheist God?

Christianity created this morphing of jews to jesus to christianity. Its the only way they could make the story fit.

Plan B...If God is all powerful, wouldn't it have been a lot easier if God had just appeared to everyone on earth at the same time back in the day to get everyone on the same page, instead of a very tiny select group of people who didn't believe in him in the first place, which has caused nothing but conflicts for the past 2,000 years.

Plan B was a better plan.

Quesnel, Canada

#485880 Oct 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now - what did molly-cuddling every do to you?
:o)
Within religion, it put on a false front. It feigns to love me, while claiming that I'm only worthy of the devil's hell.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#485881 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was never raised Catholic, not at all.
Klara Hitler née Pölzl (12 August 1860 – 21 December 1907) was an Austrian woman, and the mother of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.[2]

Klara was a devout Roman Catholic and attended church regularly with her children.[4] Of her six children with Alois, only Adolf and Paula survived childhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klara_Hitler

Quesnel, Canada

#485882 Oct 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
Are christians claiming that Jews are incorrect to have the belief they do?
Jews never believed in a son of God, its in their teachings, so how could Jesus who according to scriptures have been a practicing Jew, and following all jewish customs/traditions which includes a monotheist God?
Christianity created this morphing of jews to jesus to christianity. Its the only way they could make the story fit.
Plan B...If God is all powerful, wouldn't it have been a lot easier if God had just appeared to everyone on earth at the same time back in the day to get everyone on the same page, instead of a very tiny select group of people who didn't believe in him in the first place, which has caused nothing but conflicts for the past 2,000 years.
Plan B was a better plan.
They don't want to HEAR of a plan B ... as that would not make them SPECIAL in their own view of their selves.

They want to believe that a god selected them personally.
Michael

Canada

#485883 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Rather than Jesus NEEDING another person to baptize him ... I suggest that a perfected Jew such as Jesus would want to perform a Jewish ceremony on others in order to symbolize perfection in them.
After all Jesus ... not John ... would have been the Master of perfection ... otherwise John would have been known as the savior of all mankind.
Jesus should have been performing a ceremony with John as his subservient learner of Jesus' one and only truth.
Jesus' words to John
"I" John, will teach you
How to be a perfected Jew.
You won't be known as a saint by me
A rabbi you will always be"
JUne says......Rather than Jesus NEEDING another person to baptize him .

Michael says.......Just so happened at the exact right time that John the baptist happened along. Well! what would have happened if Jesus had not bumped into John the Baptist, if they were on different streets? What would have happened if John the Baptist was out of town the day jesus was suppose to be baptized, or it was raining and no one came along?

How would christianity have started if the angry crowd at the crucifixion had screamed Barabas instead of Jesus? The bible said the crowd had a choice. Right? Jesus or Barabas......50/50, heads or tails. Jesus supposedly died because he pissed off the religious leaders. What would someone have to do to get a few religious leaders SO UPSET that they wanted someone dead?

....Makes no common sense.

.....its all made up to make the stories all fit the plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 16 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web