Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688448 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Catholic Girl

United States

#485745 Oct 28, 2013
why are you YELLING HERE?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#485746 Oct 28, 2013
Throughout history, various groups of people have considered themselves as chosen people by a deity for a purpose, such as to act as the deity's agent on earth. In monotheistic faiths, like Abrahamic religions, references to God are used in constructs such as "God's Chosen People". Modern anthropology regards these claims as a form of ethnocentrism,[1][2] although religious authorities would argue that this is unfounded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

ethnocentrism

Web definitions

belief in the superiority of one's own ethnic group

https://www.google.ca/#q=ethnocentrism+defini...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485747 Oct 28, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June, no offence here but if you dislike catholic faith so much why do you persist on staying in topix/catholic?
I diss all religion as bunk ... in case you didn't notice.

I have other threads, but this thread is more active, and so I go where the most action takes place.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485748 Oct 28, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Hi June, no offence here
I suggest you stop feigning niceties. You do mean to offend me ... just as I mean to offend you.

We are not here to molly-cuddle each other. Debate is about opposing views and opposing views tend to offend. And that is what keeps threads active.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485749 Oct 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

AT LEAST JUNE IS NOT HYPOCRITICAL...SHE DOES NOT CLAIM TO BE SOMETHING THAT SHE IS NOT...
That is because June has chosen NOT to claim to be ANYTHING---by rejecting EVERYTHING!..... You, Confrinting "claim" to be a bible only preacher sent by God! But the fact is that you do "NOTHING" but (burger flip) bible verses (on on top of the other) by quoting and misquote bible verses, then interpreting (or better yet misinterpreting bible verses) by attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians and their personal relationship to Jesus Christ (especially Catholics) God is NOT THE AUTHOR of your condemning, judgmental, hostile and hatefilled ministery. Your only TRUE CLAIM as a bible only vindictive preacher is that YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR GOD,(never have nor ever will) until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ!!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485750 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a Jesus or disciples existed.
I believe the Catholics were picturing their selves on center stage AS disciples of a god ... and their imaginations went wild with anticipation of what it would be like to BE gods.
But they didn't DARE write in the first person ... as that would be too much blarney for any followers to swallow. So they concocted a story with a fictitious savior and put words in the character's mouth as though he was the real deal.
I think Jesus existed, there were lots of itinerant Rabbis in Jerusalem. Jesus and John the Baptist fit what we know from non-biblical sources about 1st cent. Judea.

I think the Roman religion was a complete fabrication though.

Paul even admits to being a liar, fraud and thief WHILE HE WAS LEADING HIS CHURCH! He also admits to murdering Jews prior to inventing his religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485751 Oct 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Hitler was not Catholic.
I have only known a handful of Christians in my life.

"I went to church Sunday but there wasn't a single Christian in the place." - ME 1:35

<smile>
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485752 Oct 28, 2013
I suggest we climb out from under the heavy burden of religion and get REAL!

Masturbation might be preached by theologians as being offensive to a god ... but such archaic nonsense ought to be perceived as having no more value than used toilet paper.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Masturbation

Jewish law clearly prohibits male masturbation. This law is derived from the story of Onan (Gen. 38:8-10), who practiced coitus interruptus as a means of birth control to avoid fathering a child for his deceased brother. G-d killed Onan for this sin. Although Onan's act was not truly masturbation, Jewish law takes a very broad view of the acts prohibited by this passage, and forbids any act of ha-sh'cha'tat zerah (destruction of the seed), that is, ejaculation outside of the vagina. In fact, the prohibition is so strict that one passage in the Talmud states, "in the case of a man, the hand that reaches below the navel should be chopped off." (Niddah 13a)

http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm#Abortion
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485753 Oct 28, 2013
If Jesus was a Jew, how did the Catholic Church become the first Church?}

St. Paul tells us in the book of Ephesians that, in and through the person of Jesus Christ,
both Jews and Gentiles become one in Body of Christ which is the Church of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:19-22

19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

The Church of Jesus Christ fully subsists in the Catholic Church. The word Catholic simply means universal.

The earliest written reference to the Church as being Catholic is found in a works of Ignatius of Antioch who wrote sometime around 100-110 AD:

See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution(17) of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper(18) Eucharist, which is [administered] either even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.(2) See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Christ Jesus does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles.

The Epistle Of Ignatius To The Smyrnaeans

but if we go back further to the book of Acts we see a progression. Originally the Church was considered a sect of Judaism. It had names lie the "Nazarenes" or "The Way". Later the book of Acts records that, at Antioch, believers in Jesus was first called Christian, meaning "little Christ's".

The point is that from the very beginning, the Church was one and not many different Churches as we have today. True, there was not perfect accord; they had their disputes, but they met in Councils to resolve them.

We see also see this in book of Acts in Chapter 15. There we read that the Church had to decide how to handle non-Jews entering the Church, so they met in a Council in Jerusalem. There, the Apostles, together with Peter, the Chief Apostle and Vicar of Christ, discerned the will of God in this matter.

In the quote above from Ephesians, notice Paul's reference to the Apostles as the foundation of the Church. The Catholic Church, today, is that same Church founded on the Apostles with Peter's Successor (the Pope) being the Chief among the other bishops, who also can trace their lineage back to the twelve Apostles.

No other Church can validly make that claim. There are Churches such as the Orthodox Church which have valid Apostolic Succession, but they have broken away from the Successor of Peter. The Protestant Churches can barely trace their inception to the middle ages. There are some 40,000 of them at last count. Essentially they all are rooted in ideas of men like Martin Luther and John Calvin, but there are so many variations you can't keep track of them. They all broke away from the Catholic Church.

See it's pretty simple, Jesus Himself, gave authority to Peter. We read about it in Matthew 16.

Matthew 16:17-19

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

He doesn't talk about Churches, He says HIS CHURCH!. That Church is the Church where Peter serves as Christs earthly shepherd among the shepherds to lead HIS CHURCH!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485755 Oct 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Jesus existed, there were lots of itinerant Rabbis in Jerusalem. Jesus and John the Baptist fit what we know from non-biblical sources about 1st cent. Judea.
Do you believe that a Catholic named John the Baptist baptized Jesus?

That is what the Catholics want you to believe.

Jesus being a Jew ... would not have gone near a Catholic for baptism or anything else for that "matter."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book … Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Baptism of Christ

John the Baptist was preaching in the wilderness of Judea, prophesying the coming of the Savior. Many came out to him from Jerusalem and other places in Judea and were baptized by him in the River Jordan.‘Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbade him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me: And Jesus answering it said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’(Matthew 3: 13ff.).
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485756 Oct 28, 2013
They insinuate that Jesus the Jew was baptized as a Catholic.

That is a slight against all Jews that were and are faithful ONLY to Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Baptism of the Lord

In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandho...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485757 Oct 28, 2013
Insane theology

So if Jesus was baptized into Catholicism ... why are Protestants yodeling about their own salvation as being chosen of god.

It's no wonder that so many people in religion went insane. The theologians were off their rockers to begin with ... and it all went down hill from there.
Catholic Girl

United States

#485758 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop feigning niceties. You do mean to offend me ... just as I mean to offend you.
We are not here to molly-cuddle each other. Debate is about opposing views and opposing views tend to offend. And that is what keeps threads active.
It's my nature to be nice. I try and treat people the way I want to be treated, nice.
You seem to live in your own world with no connection to outside world only in your mind is anything offensive.
This is a blog which people place whats on their minds about subjects, isn't this true? Not a debate, mine is better than you type of thing and tell me why.
I know you could eat me alive on this blog.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485759 Oct 28, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I think you, rose and any other who will not change their views on Catholicism,should pack up and leave. You and the others are only here to offend Catholics.
Of course that is what you "think."

But I'm here to expose the lies ... and that is what I think.

This a forum ... not a Catholic church. And the heading on this thread BRAGS that the Catholic church is the TRUE one.

That type of bragging invites trouble. It always did, and nothing has changed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485760 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a Catholic named John the Baptist baptized Jesus?
After much research of 1st Cent. Judaism and the earliest Judeao-Christian texts, here is what I conclude is the most realistic scenario of that event.

Jesus and John were cousins. John was a Jew and Jesus was a Samaritan. When Jesus came to Jerusalem, John converted him into Judaism which included full body immersion in flowing water to symbolize being "reborn" into the Jewish Community/faith.

A very common practice still done today in Jewish conversions.

Makes a whole lot more sense than the pagan interpretation... and is backed with provable facts!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#485761 Oct 28, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485762 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
They insinuate that Jesus the Jew was baptized as a Catholic....
Did they explain the time machine that set him 300 years into the future ?

ROFLMAO

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#485763 Oct 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only known a handful of Christians in my life.
"I went to church Sunday but there wasn't a single Christian in the place." - ME 1:35
<smile>
It is a Pitiful thing to admit but I have had similar experiences in different churches. There are factors of organized religion that disillusion me.The Sunday Christians that you know will hurt others in a moment to advance themselves. The people with money that get key positions of honor in the church. The priest that sucks up to the rich.The people that pray and then push past you to get out of church or the parking lot.The politics.The hypocrisy. The holier than thous that lecture you but have confided in you that they cheat on their wives.The bureaucracy (most hated)etc etc etc I see it all.Eyes open. I know I am a sinner. I try not to judge. But I know they soil the church and the Faith deserved better.I still believe the Orthodox faith. And above all I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior who is unblemished and untarnished despite it all. You must keep your heart alligned with Him.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#485764 Oct 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Insane theology
So if Jesus was baptized into Catholicism ... why are Protestants yodeling about their own salvation as being chosen of god.
It's no wonder that so many people in religion went insane. The theologians were off their rockers to begin with ... and it all went down hill from there.
That is correct. Almost all religions are like that if you investigate them.
Most religions took a decent human philosophy and turned it into a ridiculous magical fantasy world.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#485765 Oct 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
If Jesus was a Jew, then why are we Catholic?
First, you have to understand that Jesus wasn't really "Jewish" per se. Being a Jew mainly means that you are awaiting the coming of the Messiah. Jesus knew He was the Messiah, so He wasn't waiting.
Jesus was Jewish in the sense that He followed traditional Jewish customs such as prayers, feasts etc. He was not required to do any of this, but to teach obedience, He did. It is easier to appeal to an audience when you are similar to them. If the people saw Jesus as a Jew, they would be more willing to listen to Him since they were all Jewish.
So, since Jesus knew He was the Messiah, He knew people were to follow Him and do as He says, listen to His word, etc. However, all of these people could no longer be practicing Judaism because it would be illogical. How can you follow the Messiah and be waiting for Him at the same time?
To solve this, Jesus instituted the Catholic Church, which basically explained to the Jews: "Here is the Messiah. No more waiting. Now we can follow Him."
The only reason Judaism still exists today is because some of those Jews did not believe He was the Messiah, and all their descendants today are still waiting.
Jesus or Yeshua came through the line of King David who was a hebrew.Jesus' humanity of course is given to h i m by h i s mother Mary(Miriam)who happened to be a hebrew as well,and from the line of King David as well,along with Joseph,but we know that Joseph did not sire the Man Jesus,but that of a virgin birth our Lord through the Holy Incarnation became Man and dwelt among His people the Jews.

I disagree with you hojo that Jesus was not Jewish,He was in every sense of the word,because it is through the Jews that we have our Salvation,"To the Jew first and than the Greek....."Jesus is not a qausi-person with a zillion identities,HE is ONE Personage with His Holy seat next to His Father in Heaven,and His flesh is of the Jewish stock through Mary,His very blessed Mother.So if Jesus is both God and Man,than He is God the Son in the Godhead,and Man from the Jewish Line of David through Miriam His mother.

Why change that?Is it because June continues to Judaize Jesus to the point that He is not God?That is her conception of the matter,the truth is Jesus is God from the Heavenly Father of Lights,and Man through the Jewish lineage of King David,by the Virgin Birth that was miracously done in the womb of the Blessed Mother of our Lord.

If what you state is a Catholic belief than why do they so strongly purport that Mary is the Ark of the Covenant? Mary is N O T the Ark of the Covenant,because the Ark held the presence of the Father between the Cheribum,and also the Shekinah Glory which was from the Holy Spirit. ALSO as a matter of History,the Ark of the Covenant was kept safe by King David under tents. King David lamented over the fact that the Ark should be kept in such a way so he asked NATHAN a Prophet in his court to get permission from the LORD to remove the Ark from the tent coverings and into a HOUSE as it were.The LORD told Nathan to tell David not to remove the ARK from the Tent,BECAUSE HE did not need a house as it were,at that time,and His plan was to build a HOLY place through King Solomon,The LORD spoke of HIS presence in the Ark as to what He desired for Himself.God's Presence as He is Omnipresent was in the Ark of the Covenant as IS the Holy Spirit's Presence in the world today,living in the Church,the people of God who have the Spirit of Christ in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web