Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600205 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485450 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Bishop of Rome is head of the Universal Church. No, the Bishop of Rome (Pope) does not refer to the Church as the Roman Catholic Church.
If you were like Rose and I and grew up with the Roman rite Mass, and you perhaps visited Minneapolis and wanted to attend Mass on Sunday, you'd Google "Roman Catholic Churches" and a list of Catholic Churches will pop up who adhere to the Roman rite. Like Saint Agnes Church in St Paul.
If you were Turkish or Greek and visited Minneapolis and wanted to attend mass on Sunday, you'd probably Google "Byzantine Catholic Church" and a list of Byzantine Churches would pop up. Like Saint John the Baptist in Minneapolis.
Saint John is not a Roman Catholic Church. They still recognize the primacy of the Bishop of Rome, but to call them Roman Catholic would be incorrect, they are Byzantine Catholic.
Saint John and Saint Agnes are not separated Catholic Churches. They just have different adjectives describing the same exact Church.
Hope that helps.
I understand what you are saying, but your hierarchy does refer to the organization "both" ways...I am having difficulty understanding your urgency in "removing" yourself from it.
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485452 Oct 26, 2013
i have someone who is sick..not to understood..no
i have to go from this house who practising previouse and live here wicket are around me
i know that you read
i know who try hurt me deeply they read too
yeeee

lips in nice suits

as you can read
others know
your law is not exist
noooooo

not any law exist

its very easy push and spit ant biten and false witness for anyone
but

roots are evil spirit
every spirit is not holy
see

it is wrotten
war in heaven

yee as well on earth too

now

why i have to trust or srespect anyone..
please tell me
if someone nice speak
or nice dress they are good
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

now

its easy descover all of you
but much more worse coming in future
o yee on very nice way
with nice lips and nice talk
one click

byyyyyyyyyyyyy

n

are you for sure i am wrong

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

you can fins everything

please tell me
whats deference 69 and 96 or extra number 2..
aa you are fib ichhhhh

did youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuu

ohoho ho santa closooooooooooooooooooo

why you need ice age

which side you liked transform

ho ho mr and mrs cicmich
chimney

be good

i see that you see

by

n
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485453 Oct 26, 2013
i will remove myself very soon..i don't liked computers no
no
i am not expert..but as you se describe everything going into correction..
its easy implemented much more like never before
then good by

i don't liked myself in position no

by

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#485454 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
You just proved that the word of God is not confined to documented writings. So why do you only follow the written word of God and dismiss the oral word of God?(2thess 2:15)
----------
And who is to judge WHICH oral word is of God? That would open the door to lots of kooks to declare that their word is of God.
Yes, I know that there are already lots of kooks who do that. THAT is why we need the Bible.
KayMarie
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Tradition: a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

To my knowledge...no Catholic nor Protestant follow the Jewish traditionary law..

Location hidden

#485456 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
There is no cure for your problem!!!
Torah: The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures.
Christ built His church, which is Christianity, hundreds of years after the Torah was....it is first referenced in Joshua....
----------
Jesus many times did or said something, "so that the scripture might be fulfilled".
When His turn came to read the scriptures in the Temple, He read from ISAIAH.
He fulfilled over 300 prophesies from the O.T. concerning Himself.
KayMarie
He also referred to Scripture not found in the Torah nor any other part of the OT....

Mt 4:4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Lu 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Location hidden

#485457 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father
Another week gone .. I pray for my family and all families of people here .
For health ..healing ..And spiritual regeneration...And GENERATION in The hearts,of lived one's who do not acknowledge you .
I pray for less animosity in the world ..in our country And on this board ..
That differences need not generate hatred ..or UN Christian sentiments ..
Please,bless,US,all ..Believer and,Non believer alike,
In Jesus,name AMEN
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#485458 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a direct threat?
What are you afraid of?
You have been the one perpetrating defamation here...so own it.
Hypocrite!
Sera Is the least stalking or harassing person here .

..insulting people ..or following them or dragging things,from.one forum.to another ...That is harassing and,stalking..

Location hidden

#485459 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe this will help her What does "catholic" mean?
830 The word "catholic" means "universal," in the sense of "according to the totality" or "in keeping with the whole." the Church is catholic in a double sense: First, the Church is catholic because Christ is present in her. "Where there is Christ Jesus, there is the Catholic Church."307 In her subsists the fullness of Christ's body united with its head; this implies that she receives from him "the fullness of the means of salvation"308 which he has willed: correct and complete confession of faith, full sacramental life, and ordained ministry in apostolic succession. the Church was, in this fundamental sense, catholic on the day of Pentecost309 and will always be so until the day of the Parousia.
831 Secondly, the Church is catholic because she has been sent out by Christ on a mission to the whole of the human race:310
All men are called to belong to the new People of God. This People, therefore, while remaining one and only one, is to be spread throughout the whole world and to all ages in order that the design of God's will may be fulfilled: he made human nature one in the beginning and has decreed that all his children who were scattered should be finally gathered together as one.... the character of universality which adorns the People of God is a gift from the Lord himself whereby the Catholic Church ceaselessly and efficaciously seeks for the return of all humanity and all its goods, under Christ the Head in the unity of his Spirit.311
Each particular Church is "catholic"
Love it!!!! You are calling your pope a liar!!!

Location hidden

#485460 Oct 26, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your response as a convincing indication that your belief system has nothing beneficial to offer. Talk to Oxbow. You'll enjoy each other's company and interests.
Stick to what you do best...give your husband the joy you say he deserves...don't forget to floss afterwards...

Location hidden

#485461 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church didn't change from Roman to something else. The official name was never Roman Catholic Church. Roman is an adjective describing the diocese of Rome and the rite. If you grew up in the West, you most likely belonged to the diocese of Rome.(but now a days that's not always the case). Don't you remember the Roman missal with the Roman Mass??
This is why it makes zero sense when fundamentals try to pass the Roman Catholic Church off as a separate body.'the Whore of Babylon' also makes zero sense. Fundamental arguments that the ROMAN Catholic Church corrupted Christianity and the ROMAN Catholic Church banned the Bible and the ROMAN Catholic Church deviated from the word of God. Roman Roman Roman Roman. Lol
What about the Maronite Catholic? Orthodox Catholic? Syrian, Oriental, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Coptic Catholic??
Like Roman, those are adjectives describing the same Church, the Catholic Church.
"wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
Ignatius of Antioch, 100 AD

There is no cure....

Roman Catholic Church - Beliefs and Practices of the Roman ...
christianity.about.com ... Denominations Roman Catholicism&#8206;
by Mary Fairchild - in 526 Google+ circles
An overview of the Roman Catholic Church as a Christian denomination including the beliefs and practices of the church, and a comparison of the distinguishing ...

----------

Roman Catholic Church - Spartacus Educational
www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk ... Religion and Society&#8206;
by John Simkin - in 113 Google+ circles
The Roman Catholic Church is part of the Christian Church ruled by the Bishop of Rome (the Pope). In the early Church the papacy exercised authority over all ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485462 Oct 26, 2013
#78. The Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-14)
by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
Luke 18:9-14
[9] To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:[10] "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.[11] The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself:'God, I thank you that I am not like other men -- robbers, evildoers, adulterers -- or even like this tax collector.[12] I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
[13] "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said,'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
[14] "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Exposition
If you think that looking down on others was exclusively a First Century phenomenon, think again. This parable speaks loud and clear to Twenty-First Century churches. Listen for what Jesus says to us disciples.
Self-Righteousness (18:9-10)
"To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.' " (18:9-10)
Luke precedes the parable by naming its intended target. The first characteristic is "confident of their own righteousness." The word translated "confident" (NIV) or "trusting in" (KJV) is Greek peitho, which can mean variously, "convince, persuade, depend on, trust in, be convinced, certain."[1] "Righteousness" is Greek dikaios, "pertaining to being in accordance with high standards of rectitude,'upright, just, fair.' "[2]
Holiness churches are filled with people who are scrupulous in their observance of a rigid menu of moral standards. So are evangelical and mainline churches, Pentecostals and Catholics, Orthodox and Seventh Day Adventists. In each of our denominations there are sincere, God-fearing people who are careful to obey God as they understand his laws.
In Jesus' day the Pharisees were the strict Jews. They believed. They were disciplined. They took the Law seriously -- so seriously, in fact, that they created a "hedge" around the law, the Oral Law, with the idea that if they kept the rules of the Oral Law (the tradition of the elders), then they wouldn't break the Mosaic Law.
We too, have our "hedge" around the law. At various times and in various churches there have been rules against open-toed shoes, sleeveless dresses, slacks for women, mixed bathing, not genuflecting before the host, abstaining from wine and hard liquor, beards, smoking, drugs (but not herbs and pharmaceuticals), lack of beards, lack of head coverings, eating pork, eating any meat, drinking caffinated drinks (coffee, but hot chocolate is okay)-- have I forgotten any important ones?:-) You get the idea. None of these is stipulated clearly in the scripture, but each comes from a desire to please God and avoid godless ways.
And there's nothing wrong with rules. Each family has to have family rules. Each church needs to have family rules, too. It's a requirement of any human organization. We just need to keep our rules in perspective, and realize that they are not necessarily God's rules, but derivatives of God's rules.
A problem arises, however, when we are "confident in our own righteousness" or "trust in" our own righteousness to save us and justify us before God. When we move from righteous living -- which is right -- to trusting in that righteous living to give us a standing before God, then we commit a fatal error. In that case it becomes self-righteousness.
Looking Down on Others (18:9-10)
But when we begin to take pride in our own righteous behavior, it's very easy to look down on those who don't behave this way as morally inferior ...

We shouldn't

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485463 Oct 26, 2013
I am going to call it a night God Bless You All!!

Location hidden

#485464 Oct 26, 2013
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Whom did they worship???????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485465 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
I am going to call it a night God Bless You All!!
me too
GOD bless you both

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485466 Oct 26, 2013
Nite thunder and all ..Peace
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485467 Oct 26, 2013
its very sad used jesus christ name in vain
in holy scripture explain perfectly

o you this or that
you will fight for my cloth
and for first places..
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

i don't say who

but
many many many
will come in my name

it's not me
every spirit is not holy

o lord o lord
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

even in sahara are left full of them

jesus say
go out from him or her what so ever..
i say to you
even on your loveones you can recognize

but much more worse from authority
gorko govorase
i pred svojim pukom plakase
vele gorko oni koji te izdase i sudovima pridase
govorit ce se natkrijte nas i pokrijte nas..

who send them as judges lawyers and others corupt evil organization..

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it is written

they will say
cover us hide us

yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppp

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485468 Oct 26, 2013
laskaroshi i licemjeri pape
isus je govorio
o potrebi kako svoju kucu ocistiti od natruha svakog

sto uciniste od kuce oca mojega
dok su drugi govorili o potrebi nosenja kriza
da to su oni
skupovi od trulog lisca u jesenje
ispod starog kestena
skupljamo svoju vladu
ma nemoj
e..kad je to bilo..e kananada
ili can.no.niza.cij.a

po canonu se javno svecenici nbi smjeli oglasati o tom ko ispovida svoje grije..
e..koje nizi a ko veci kako kome u cijem domu
kako kome mili tome..
dakle kako to vi meni
nema cij.e. je ovo ili ono
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485469 Oct 26, 2013
What Saint Lawrence say?
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485470 Oct 26, 2013
Can we find something between..ca.no.niza.cia.

see
n.iz.a=little
if you done anything to my little brothers you do to me

I told you,you are less all!!!
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#485471 Oct 27, 2013
good night
and tell hello to all brodari cijelog svijeta
brodari i klinovi
sklisko nisko
see eyes as klin
adaidase nedaj nase ni poda se
see
interneto i co.m.erco
nerecite
don't tell
ma n.e.m.oj
nema mane
nema mane
mana=from heaven
nema mane=good caracters
others is wicket

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Jaimie 84,347
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 hr Paul Porter1 306
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Mr Sir 9,605
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... Mon policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... Mon policestatepractice 1
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... Sun Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web