Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595998 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#485404 Oct 26, 2013
Within the crazy theology ... faithful Jews would have no desire to kill Jesus ... unless he had the urge to branch away FROM pure Judaism.

The only ones that would WANT to kill him, would be the ones who refused to follow him and his pure undefiled Judaism ... and that would be the Christians ... who immediately changed the religion to one that was totally foreign to Judaism.

All those centuries of Christians slaughtering Jews as "Christ-killers" was meant to take the focus off the REAL criminals ... the break-away Jews ... who in turn were the first to call their selves Christian.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#485406 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
You went to a Catholic grade school that followed the Roman rite mass and Roman missal. This is because they belong to the diocese of Rome. Hence, Roman Catholic.
If you grew up in North East Minneapolis and attended St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church, you would NOT be Roman Catholic. Do you understand that now, Rose? Not wouldn't be ROMAN Catholic. Nobody in that Catholic Church calls themselves Roman Catholic. But they are just as true as the other 23 Catholic Churches. Got it now?
You need to start embracing things you learn instead of clinging on to lies.
----------
But the Vatican is at Rome. Votes for Pope take place there...Rome is HEADQUARTERS OF THE CC.
23 Catholic churches??? Are you saying that Protestants aren't the only ones who are divided?
KayMarie
It's,indeed confusing ..I..trying to Navigate ...eat I learned from.eat they NOW do and believe..

Yet I'm.a,fanatic for calling my former Church the very h ing it was Called in my.Schools,and Churches and CATECHISM.
I must be lying or U fell asleep .

Evolution..never was taught ..it is now ...But that's,not a change .

It's very confusing

I get that the,Mas,I learned was in.Latin ...sang it in choir .

Our missals,had none side English ..one Latin.

Now it's in English . Good idea,..But a CHANGE .

MY.Diocese was NEW YORK ..now,I'm told it was Rome .

And I know nothing ..I'm old ..I'm Ox ..

Sigh

Terrace, Canada

#485407 Oct 26, 2013
It was not by chance that the term temple was changed to "church."

It was not by chance that that the term Rabboni for Jesus was changed to just PLAIN Jesus.

It was not by chance that the name Simon Barjonah was changed to Peter ... the first pope ... although the Catholics did make a big mistake by stating that the first pope was a Jew. That meant that a supposed faithful Jew became Saint Peter of the Catholics.

Mother of Jesus ... Mary ... became a Catholic saint.

Lies everywhere ... in plain sight ... for those that WANT to see!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485408 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Amen...very nice Rose
Amen and thanks,.

I'm.as guilty of anger as anyone Here ..

We all need prayer .

I don't hate any one even if they hate me

Terrace, Canada

#485409 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real? Did you know the devil brings up peoples sins like you do?
Isn't that image of a devil fun to use against other people who you perceive are evil beings ... while YOU are HOLY!

Disgusting religion!

Terrace, Canada

#485410 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Amen...very nice Rose
Praying for peace while believing that most people in the world will end up in hell ... is counter-productive.

If you want to strive for a semblance of peace in the world, the best way to start is to break down the walls built BY religion.

Terrace, Canada

#485411 Oct 26, 2013
If Mary is a Catholic saint ... why is Jesus still a Jew whose title is Rabboni ... NOT FATHER?

Do you people EVER ask questions of your insane theologies???

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485412 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real? Did you know the devil brings up peoples sins like you do?
let me spell this out to you one more time and then the subject will be closed on my part. NO PRIEST OR MAN OF THE CLOTH SHOULD BE SWEARING IN FRONT OF THEIR MEMBERS OF THEIR CHURCH. Their are suppose to set an example for their church. They are suppose to live as Christ like as possible.They are the teachers, leaders of their flock.The are suppose to spiritually guide us and how can they do this for us if they are just swearing up a storm living a common life as you and me.
And Yes I am for real!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#485413 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I agree with your belief-system, will my belief-system then be on the righteous and god-"given" track ... according to you???
:)
I take your response as a convincing indication that your belief system has nothing beneficial to offer. Talk to Oxbow. You'll enjoy each other's company and interests.

Location hidden

#485414 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying for peace while believing that most people in the world will end up in hell ... is counter-productive.
If you want to strive for a semblance of peace in the world, the best way to start is to break down the walls built BY religion.
Boy, you sure are a Debbie Downer lol (I'm saying this in a joking manner)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485415 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,some day you may be older ...And your Church will have changed yet some other thing about itself ...
And you'll say but this is,WHAT I LEARNED ..And,someone will call You names,..
The Church didn't change from Roman to something else. The official name was never Roman Catholic Church. Roman is an adjective describing the diocese of Rome and the rite. If you grew up in the West, you most likely belonged to the diocese of Rome.(but now a days that's not always the case). Don't you remember the Roman missal with the Roman Mass??

This is why it makes zero sense when fundamentals try to pass the Roman Catholic Church off as a separate body.'the Whore of Babylon' also makes zero sense. Fundamental arguments that the ROMAN Catholic Church corrupted Christianity and the ROMAN Catholic Church banned the Bible and the ROMAN Catholic Church deviated from the word of God. Roman Roman Roman Roman. Lol
What about the Maronite Catholic? Orthodox Catholic? Syrian, Oriental, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Coptic Catholic??
Like Roman, those are adjectives describing the same Church, the Catholic Church.
"wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
Ignatius of Antioch, 100 AD

Terrace, Canada

#485416 Oct 26, 2013
By the way, when men are hung by the neck until death, they automatically ejaculate.

Apparently it was a foresight by the creator and thought by hairy ape-like humans to be a special part of the creator's plan.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485417 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,indeed confusing ..I..trying to Navigate ...eat I learned from.eat they NOW do and believe..
Yet I'm.a,fanatic for calling my former Church the very h ing it was Called in my.Schools,and Churches and CATECHISM.
I must be lying or U fell asleep .
Evolution..never was taught ..it is now ...But that's,not a change .
It's very confusing
I get that the,Mas,I learned was in.Latin ...sang it in choir .
Our missals,had none side English ..one Latin.
Now it's in English . Good idea,..But a CHANGE .
MY.Diocese was NEW YORK ..now,I'm told it was Rome .
And I know nothing ..I'm old ..I'm Ox ..
Sigh
It is confusing. I'll agree to that.
Catholicism for the Catholic was once really really simple. You went to Mass and received the Eucharist. Now you're being challenged on every little inch of your faith. There is no stone that the fundie hasn't looked under. Like pesky little demons, they try to undermine every little aspect of your faith in an attempt to prove the Church wrong. Its very rewarding for me to see the CC pass every little test with flying colors. The fundie does not win on one single point.

The Pope is the sitting head of the Catholic Church. His diocese is Rome. So although you belonged to the diocese of New York and obeyed that local Bishop, you still (along with that Bishop) followed the diocese of Rome.
I hope I said that correctly. I'm not a scholar on this stuff. If another Catholic sees it differently, I'll welcome the info. I wouldn't feel ashamed because I know two Priests who see it differently. Regardless though, the official title of the Church is NOT Roman. Its Catholic.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485419 Oct 26, 2013
GOOD,LESSON for the,day ..can't cut and paste to fit ..

http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/18_9-14.htm

Terrace, Canada

#485420 Oct 26, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your response as a convincing indication that your belief system has nothing beneficial to offer. Talk to Oxbow. You'll enjoy each other's company and interests.
AWWWW ...

Rumor has it that Jesus would want to be just like you
If only you weren't a Christian, but rather were a Jew!

Terrace, Canada

#485421 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, you sure are a Debbie Downer lol (I'm saying this in a joking manner)
If I become your kinda Christian ... will I be a Debbie UPPER rather than a Debbie downer?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485422 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is confusing. I'll agree to that.
Catholicism for the Catholic was once really really simple. You went to Mass and received the Eucharist. Now you're being challenged on every little inch of your faith. There is no stone that the fundie hasn't looked under. Like pesky little demons, they try to undermine every little aspect of your faith in an attempt to prove the Church wrong. Its very rewarding for me to see the CC pass every little test with flying colors. The fundie does not win on one single point.
The Pope is the sitting head of the Catholic Church. His diocese is Rome. So although you belonged to the diocese of New York and obeyed that local Bishop, you still (along with that Bishop) followed the diocese of Rome.
I hope I said that correctly. I'm not a scholar on this stuff. If another Catholic sees it differently, I'll welcome the info. I wouldn't feel ashamed because I know two Priests who see it differently. Regardless though, the official title of the Church is NOT Roman. Its Catholic.
Liam Clay .

I'm.not ashamed at all ..I was alive and in Catholic school.And CHURCH
In Texas 50"s,..And,sixties.

That is,what the,Church was called ..I cannot make it any planner .

The PROTESTANTS have nothing to do with it ...I didn't know any.

I took what the nuns,said ..tHE priests said,..my catechism said ..AS TRUTH .

thank God I remember ..I'm.old but I know what they Saud .

Now if two priests today disagree on this VERY thing . I would think
Calling me names,inappropriate ??

Terrace, Canada

#485423 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
GOOD,LESSON for the,day ..can't cut and paste to fit ..
http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/18_9-14.htm
Maybe you could start being more like Jesus if you became a Jew.

I wonder if Jesus' mother Mary will see the right light and go back to her Jewish heritage where she belongs?

Those Catholics steered her right into their church ... in one of her weak moments.

They took advantage of her, and Jehovah says they will have to pay for Catholic-knapping her.

Location hidden

#485424 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the devil is real
Calling me a devil does not look good for you...you think that's so clever but while your insulting me your exposing youself. Tomorrow is Sunday, remember to go to CONFESSION before you receive Communion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485425 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church didn't change from Roman to something else. The official name was never Roman Catholic Church. Roman is an adjective describing the diocese of Rome and the rite. If you grew up in the West, you most likely belonged to the diocese of Rome.(but now a days that's not always the case). Don't you remember the Roman missal with the Roman Mass??
This is why it makes zero sense when fundamentals try to pass the Roman Catholic Church off as a separate body.'the Whore of Babylon' also makes zero sense. Fundamental arguments that the ROMAN Catholic Church corrupted Christianity and the ROMAN Catholic Church banned the Bible and the ROMAN Catholic Church deviated from the word of God. Roman Roman Roman Roman. Lol
What about the Maronite Catholic? Orthodox Catholic? Syrian, Oriental, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Coptic Catholic??
Like Roman, those are adjectives describing the same Church, the Catholic Church.
"wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
Ignatius of Antioch, 100 AD
Is your church(and all churches under it's auspices) not headed by the Bishop of Rome, the Roman Curia, and the Holy See(based in Rome)? Do they not refer to your church as The Roman Catholic Church?
Let us keep it real here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web