Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681967 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485552 Oct 27, 2013
Often what humans could not understand ... they imagined.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

The Indians regarded the Europeans’ ability to fashion incredible objects and make them work less as mechanical aptitude than as spiritual power. When the Delawares, who once lived along the New Jersey-New York coast, met their first Dutch ship, they concluded that it was a “remarkably large house in which the Mannito (the great or supreme being) himself was present.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485553 Oct 27, 2013
Concerning His disciples he said,“Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

The truth which proceeded from the Word of God also known as the gospel of our salvation.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485554 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All of which is a Christian/Jewish apologetic.
"Moses" is Egyptian for "Son (of)" Just like Ra-Moses (AKA Ramses) is Son f the Sun-God.
Moses is not and never has been a Hebrew name or word.
Correct.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#485555 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that information.
Theology is all based on tales written by mortal hairy, apelike men, and I suggest that the tales should be taken with a not just a grain, but rather a pillar of salt.
LOL

One of first things we learned in history and anthropology at university is that every document written is biased and subject to fraud and errors.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485557 Oct 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie,
Please explain this to Clay...
How about you explain it to me? I believe in Sacred tradition. That's different than plain ol tradition. Jesus wasn't condemning the sacred tradition His Apostles were about to set up. Sacred tradition is the the word of God, because, well, it came from Jesus who is God. This tradition along with the Church He set up, compiled a Bible. Did Jesus or His Apostle command a Bible be compiled?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#485558 Oct 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>There was an oral and written Torah
Pure logic....whom can argue against it!!!! "it is written" means it is oral!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485559 Oct 27, 2013
Pilate asked the famous question of Jesus, "What is truth?"

The truth was standing right in front of him.

Pilate didn't even know that Jesus IS the truth.

Jesus revealed to His disciples that He was the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Psalm 19:7

7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485560 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know the truth, Rose. Doesn't it feel good to know the truth?
You can still call yourself Roman Catholic- as do I. Only now it'll be in the correct context.
OK I WAS ROMAN Catholic

This discussion started with you saying I was protestant fanatic for SAYING what I know to be true ..

I 've heard,sermons,that the,entity known in Revelation could be the,USA ...I have no ideas,about the other .

As,I said ..when I learned this,stuff ..they would never even say the word who're to us .LET ALONE,discuss Revelation ..

Different times.

CATHOLUC NUNS,..never even explained what a virgin was ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485561 Oct 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christ Established a Visible, Hierarchical and Authoritative Church On Earth, with Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons---Acts 2
Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.
The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.
God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ Established a Visible, Heirarchical and Authoritative Church On Earth and it was Catholic.
HOJO,

The Word of God was forever settled in heaven and not here on earth as false teachers ascribe.

Psalm 119:89

89 Your word, Lord, is eternal;
it stands FIRM in the heavens.

God gave the Word and revealed it to Christ.

John 12:49-50

49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485562 Oct 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yu is da cook!....LOL I shall call you Chuck Wagon Rosie...LOL
Hmmmmm....I prefer Culinary Princess ..
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485563 Oct 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How VERY funny! And how self-serving of you to suggest that YOUR way of believing is the right way!
But then I'm used to such arrogance and ignorance stemming from those in religion.
It ain't about me, June. If I told you there was a pill available that would heal your pain and transform you into how you were designed to be, you'd ask me what pharmacy this is at. Right?

Pope Francis recently described the Catholic Church as a field hospital for the wounded.
We have the Eucharist, June. It is the spiritual nourishment everyone desires. You don't need to know Greek. You don't need 5 yrs of Bible study. You don't have to go on a Bible verse scavenger hunt and decipher the meaning of your life. It is really, receiving the Lord in fullness. Its medicine. It'll heal you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485564 Oct 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yu is da cook!....LOL I shall call you Chuck Wagon Rosie...LOL
I'd best earn to make recipes with peanuts,..huh?
I can't eat them but have plenty ..Lol.

Location hidden

#485565 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you explain it to me? I believe in Sacred tradition. That's different than plain ol tradition. Jesus wasn't condemning the sacred tradition His Apostles were about to set up. Sacred tradition is the the word of God, because, well, it came from Jesus who is God. This tradition along with the Church He set up, compiled a Bible. Did Jesus or His Apostle command a Bible be compiled?
The apostles whom were Jews had the Torah and the The Hebrew Bible, or Tanakh, which contains twenty-four books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah ("teaching" or "law"), the Nevi'im ("prophets"), and the Ketuvim ("writings").,

And:
Dating the gospels is very important. If it can be established that the gospels were written early, say before the year 70 A.D., then we would have good reason for believing that they were written by the disciples of Jesus himself. If they were written by the disciples, then their reliability, authenticity, and accuracy are better substantiated. Also, if they were written early, this would mean that there would not have been enough time for myth to creep into the gospel accounts since it was the eyewitnesses to Christ's life that wrote them.

Furthermore, those who were alive at the time of the events could have countered the gospel accounts and since we have no contradictory writings to the gospels, their early authorship as well as apostolic authorship becomes even more critical.

Location hidden

#485566 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What Scripture speaks of "Sacred Traditions"?????? There ain't none....all this garbage you have is from your pope-filled parroting...hot air...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485567 Oct 27, 2013
There are many ways to abide in the darkness of sin, but there is still only ONE way to abide in the righteousness of God and that is to come to the LIGHT of His Word.

Jesus is LIGHT!!!

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#485568 Oct 27, 2013
hmm
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485569 Oct 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What Scripture speaks of "Sacred Traditions"?????? There ain't none....all this garbage you have is from your pope-filled parroting...hot air...
Your desire is to taunt. That's all.
Taunt Catholics and Protestants as well as your bible believing evangelicals... Get under peoples skin for your own personal amusement. You have no desire for actual truth .

"for I received from the Lord what I also deliver to you that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread, blessed it and given thanks, held it up and said, " this is my body, do THIS in remembrance of me".
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485570 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll heal you.
You might believe you are healed, but keep in mind that all your popes who ordered the slaughter of Jews and others as heretics ... ALSO preached that they were well-"healed."
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485571 Oct 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
Concerning His disciples he said,“Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.
The truth which proceeded from the Word of God also known as the gospel of our salvation.
When Bartholemew, Philip, Andrew, Thomas, Thaddeus, Matthius and James set out to bring the word of God to the world, they did not have Pauls letters or anyone else's.. Jesus told them their word is the truth. They ordained a Priesthood and taught the Mass. They installed the hierarchy who believed in what we believe today. The Churches were set up just like the Lord willed. Now, men like you attempt to undo it in favor of individual interpretations of some of their fellow Apostles writings.
They set up the Catholic Church, that is truth. And I assure you, they did not teach contrary to the leader who Christ appointed, Peter. The next generation didn't as well. Today, none of the 23 Catholic Churches will teach contrary to Pope Francis either.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#485572 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
One of first things we learned in history and anthropology at university is that every document written is biased and subject to fraud and errors.
Of course! Documents are always biased to the beliefs of the authors.

That is why religion in all its morphed and shape-shifting forms is not at all trustworthy as being based on anything but the over-active imaginations of theologians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web