Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,745
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#485239 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are the ridiculous one...
While you whine and whimper and grovel and suffer in your unbelief...
Jesus might be waiting for your conversion to Judaism. Nothing short of PURE Judaism for YOU though ... as you are his chosen one ... so very pure of thought and deed.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#485240 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a Christian.
Nothing but the idea that a Jew came to earth to save only Christians ... makes "sense" TO Christians.
~~~

the five senses are not of faith...

faith is ....to not stagger at the promises of God

Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

NOTE
Rom 4:23 --> Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;<--

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

___

Joh 1:10 He/JESUS was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him/JESUS, to them gave he power

to become the sons of God,

even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born,

not of blood,

nor of the will of the flesh,

nor of the will of man,

but of God.

Terrace, Canada

#485241 Oct 26, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the compliment.
I'm not aware of any Jew who came to earth to save only Christians. Does he have a name?
Apparently you don't want to state the holy Jewish name, so who am I to argue with you ... enlightened one?

Terrace, Canada

#485242 Oct 26, 2013
"Almost" correct theology

Christian praying to Jesus ... "Thank you Jesus for making me over in your image".

Jesus ... "You can't BE made over in my image. You call yourself Christian ... and I am a Jew". I am the faithful son of Jehovah of the old testament. Your faith and trust is in the new testament"?

Christian ... "Are you claiming that Christianity is a false religion"?

Jesus ... "Do you want the truth, or a lie"?

Christian ... "I want to know the absolute truth".

Jesus ... "Then I suggest you pray to Jehovah".

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#485243 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I knew you did.
The Torah (The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures) was in existence hundreds of years before Christ built His church...

Christ referred to it...He read from it...the apostles preached it...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485244 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't trust most of what Mike says. I've known some very holy priests and never heard one swear word from any of them, however I think this conversation started with a reference to the use of the initials "BS" . If I heard a preist say "BS" (not the words themselves), I don't think it'd be a big deal. BTW, I've heard far more blasphemous and unholy words from preachers who've never uttered a swear word.
All this started with Husker claiming that she knows priests that not only say the Bs but say the whole words and she thinks its ok for them to do this. And I posted back to her to chose what she post about the Catholic church more closely because she was making your church look bad. Then she reposted to me that everyone laughs at me even my priest wife...Honestly Anthony...she does make your church look bad and you guys don't need that...scoll back and read her post more carefully..

Terrace, Canada

#485245 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read the scripture you THROW at me as your concept of truth.

If I wanted to once again read a bible, I know how.

Terrace, Canada

#485246 Oct 26, 2013
Not one Christian chooses to answer my question.

Why would a god find it necessary to create evil ... when theologians claim that the god hates evil???
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#485247 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it was through the WORD ..JESUS,himself ..then the disciples through the enlightenment of the SPIRIT . softening hearts,to receive the message,
Today the HOLY Spirit still softens hearts calling them to Christ ..through HIS WORD ..which now,we all have access to ..
In many diverse ways,it has been spread,...as,I said,before .
I do no believe the timing in Jesus coming is coincidence .
While THERe was still a country full of people waiting for Him..a temple ..a seat of Judaism ..But far enough advanced in a time where travel was,easier ..
I also do not BELUEVE the,Reformation...people with access to bible's,printed in their own language coming before a,New,World was settled ...was a coincidence in.timing either .
God knows all ..His,timing is,perfect ..
Very nice sentiment here Rose. I hope you can come to the realization that Jesus founded a visible Church through which we can hear the written word proclaimed as He meant it to be.

Terrace, Canada

#485248 Oct 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Torah (The first five books of the Hebrew Scriptures) was in existence hundreds of years before Christ built His church...
Christ referred to it...He read from it...the apostles preached it...
Catholics wrote that "Christ" referred to it.

I suggest you stop lying and covering up for the lies of others.

Terrace, Canada

#485249 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<she was making your church look bad.
People that post lies make their own churches "look bad."

It wasn't nice of Christians to try to steal the emotions from the god of the Jews ... and in turn preach that only Christians "henceforth" could be saved.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Location hidden

#485250 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not about you. It's about mis-information and ignorance of history, I'm trying very hard to help Rose understand and I hope she will eventually reject the bias that's so ingrained in her.
There are some that judge Rose no matter what she said good or bad that has nothing to do with history of the church.This forum has become a personality contest for some.I do believe that you are trying to help her.
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#485251 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My favorite theology was that "god" loved everybody and eventually after much suffering to learn lessons we would all unite in a hereafter and be totally enlightened about the reason we had to suffer.
What a joke on me.
From my present point of view, I suggest that suffering of all animals, including human-animals will not end, unless life in all its many forms becomes extinct.
You have your faith as everyone else, whether Christian or Muslim or Jew. That is the key to resolving all discontent with each other's faith. I respect yours and you respect mine. It is only in the respect of each other's faith that we will find peace. Neither Jesus or Mohammed or God himself can unite us. It is the spirit of faith in whatever we believe that unites us. Your non-belief of anything related to Christian spirituality does not take away the fact that you are still a believer, perhaps in yourself or perhaps in something outside of yourself. I sense the kindness in your heart, it had to come from somewhere other than darkness.

There is ONE LORD!
PPM

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#485252 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>agree the church
came first
And as,I've written at length..I agree ..The,Church ..body of believers,..the,WORD spread by the,Apostles and disciples,came first .

As for Peter ..the keys,...is the Papacy EHAT Christ intended ..an earthly high Priest

??????????

LI just think people,wrote things,down ..sent letters,..eh o knows what writings,were burned in Jerusalem .
Or taken away in the diaspora .

What scriptures..meaning writings,..inspired were,taken into other places,..the Alps,come,to mind ...

We won't know,until.we know,..

However I do believe What we know,in the BIBLE is,what God intended ...And has used to spread HIS WORD ..JESUS CHRIST

But the bible most certainly has,brought many to Christ since it was,published .
Human Being

Elton, LA

#485253 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you ... but you didn't look for me on other threads ... did you? I had to come "looking for you" ... that's only how much you really cared.
And if I have a "nano" badge, I didn't put it there. I don't even know what a nano-badge is, and neither do I care.
June

Peace

I did look, and commented to you on "your" thread. But with no reply, I thought you wanted to be Greta Garbo, "I want to be alone." (smiles)

Peace

P.S. Are we alone?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485254 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not your claims are fact ... I suggest that it took time for the ex-Jews to come up with the Jesus-myth. The convoluted, ridiculous story probably didn't come together over night.
Of course. It is an "evolution". Just read the "councils" and edicts.
I think your use of "ex-Jews" may be inappropriate in actuality...just say'n.

Location hidden

#485256 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And as,I've written at length..I agree ..The,Church ..body of believers,..the,WORD spread by the,Apostles and disciples,came first .
As for Peter ..the keys,...is the Papacy EHAT Christ intended ..an earthly high Priest
??????????
LI just think people,wrote things,down ..sent letters,..eh o knows what writings,were burned in Jerusalem .
Or taken away in the diaspora .
What scriptures..meaning writings,..inspired were,taken into other places,..the Alps,come,to mind ...
We won't know,until.we know,..
However I do believe What we know,in the BIBLE is,what God intended ...And has used to spread HIS WORD ..JESUS CHRIST
But the bible most certainly has,brought many to Christ since it was,published .
Well you know that the Orthodox church does not believe in a pope being head of the church. All bishops were equal. Also the church in Jerusalem may have burnt down but its followers went under ground and also fled.......gotta run...making spaghetti and meatballs, more stuff pepper soup and saurkart with sauagage...have to keep my man happy...lol

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#485257 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice sentiment here Rose. I hope you can come to the realization that Jesus founded a visible Church through which we can hear the written word proclaimed as He meant it to be.
I believe TODAY the Spirit uses,Churches ..not only yours,..bibles,..preachers,..b ooks,...internet ..tv ..fragments of the BOOK ..MISSIONARIES ..martyrs,..Catholic and Non Catholic ...who risk life to bring the Good WORD to many .

That is the VISIBLE CHURCH ...Anthony .

I've explained before WHY I think.this diversity happened,...a,tangent you call it ..fine ..But CHRIST is and has been brought to the hearts,.of many through the leading of the,HOLY SPIRIT ..not limited to using only the CATHOLIC CHURCH..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485258 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
Yes,most certainly it did
Hey Ro.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#485259 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>There are some that judge Rose no matter what she said good or bad that has nothing to do with history of the church.This forum has become a personality contest for some.I do believe that you are trying to help her.
I know Sera, I've prayed on it for some time and even talked to my priest. Charity above all. I will fail at that occasionally, but not nearly as often as before. May God bless you and Nick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web