Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637406 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485501 Oct 27, 2013
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

At bottom the Church’s male celibate—but perhaps still more precisely because of—all their dogmatic elaborations about Mary have always passed her over as a person and as a real woman. They have seen her role in salvation history in their celibate fashion, and in this role they have bestowed on her miraculous attributes. They have hung this image, so alien to humanity, on the walls of their sterile masculine mental world.
marge

Ames, IA

#485502 Oct 27, 2013
Romans 10:17
'So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.'

The gospel is given, not only to be known and believed, but to be obeyed. It is not a system of notions, but a rule of practice.

The beginning, progress, and strength of faith is by hearing.

But it is only hearing the word, as the word of God that will strengthen faith.
marge

Ames, IA

#485503 Oct 27, 2013
Knowing Christ is Above All
…8More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;…
YTube

Marietta, GA

#485504 Oct 27, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485508 Oct 27, 2013
Within the theology of Judaism, wasn't the "truth" supposed to be, that the one Abrahamic god Jehovah, chose the Jews as his favorite few?

After all ... the religion of Catholicism came to earth long AFTER Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Benedict XIII. His Bull on the Jews (1450) declared,“The heresies, vanities and errors of the Talmud prevent the Jews from knowing the truth.”

http://patrioticvoices.com/showthread.php/anc...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485509 Oct 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera Is the least stalking or harassing person here .
..insulting people ..or following them or dragging things,from.one forum.to another ...That is harassing and,stalking..
Ya and everyone knows it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485510 Oct 27, 2013
The Catholics did everything in their power to destroy Judaism as being based on religious truth.

Century after century they killed the Jews that were faithful to Judaism by labeling them as heretics and Christ killers. Yet the Jews to this day managed to survive the onslaught to carry on worshipping in their synagogues ... that are noticeably and totally foreign to Catholic churches.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Innocent IV. Burned the Talmud in 1233 as a book of evil.

John XXII. Banned the Talmud in 1322

Julius III. Papal Bull Contra Hebreos retinentes Libros (1554) ordered the Talmud burnt “everywhere.”

Paul IV. Bull Cum Nimis Absurdum (1555) powerfully condemned Jewish usury and anti-Christian activities.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485511 Oct 27, 2013
Note that the word Christ comes from the "GREEK" word Christos which means "anointed one."

How did Jesus ... a Jew ... become an anointed one to in turn, after his death on the cross ... serve only Catholics as his saved ones?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Gregory XIII. Said in a Papal Bull of 1581,“Moved by an intense hatred of the members of Christ, they continue to plan horrible crimes against the Christian religion with daily increasing audacity.”

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485512 Oct 27, 2013
The ex-Jew Catholics simply desired to become a favorite of the one and only Abrahamic god. And if they had to plunder and torture and kill their way to fame ... it was simply part of the plan.

That is why religion is NO good. Humans are born selfish, and if they can find a way to rule over others, they will use religion, or whatever other means are at their "disposal."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485513 Oct 27, 2013
And the ancient Jews also had the aim to rule people of the world with their one-god dogma of the Abrahamic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485514 Oct 27, 2013
Religion has a very long and convoluted history, based on nothing but theological imagination and conflict.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Many[who?] suggest the people of Israel were henotheists during the First Temple period, believing each nation had its own god but that theirs was superior.[3][4] Others suggest the people of Israel and Judah were polytheists,[5] citing for example the presence of an asherah in the Temple.[6] Some suggest that strict monotheism developed during the Babylonian Exile, perhaps in reaction to Zoroastrian dualism.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Temple_Ju...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485515 Oct 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya and everyone knows it.
Yes,they do.

SHE ,is,a nice woman .

It's,sad .....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#485516 Oct 27, 2013
Why do Protestants tell so many lies about the catholic church?

I can understand that many protestants are indoctrinated into their beliefs and as such have diminished their ability to think beyond what they are told.

This is not so much the problem as there are stupid people out there that think that Catholics worship mary blah blah blah, thats just ignorace or fear.

(I do find it strange that the very people who bash catholics use the Catholic Bible to do so)

Has anyone ever thought that given that Catholics had the Word of God for 1400 years before protestants that maybe they would have thought "hold on, it says here call no man father, dont we do that"

Then one would say "yes but this is what the original text means" because they have 1600 years of extra history to draw upon.

But how come there is so much hatred from uneducated or just ignorant people who say the Church is the beast etc. It is nuts, I found far more idolotry in evangelistic circles than in any catholic enviroment.
Additional Details
History lesson:

Inquisition - Catholics never killed anyone, secular authorities did. Catholics tried to save people from this enviroment.

Catholics are mentioned in writings around 100ad. Catholics were the only christians and were underground until constantine (this is what the book of revelation is REALLY talking about)

All through the NT Paul calls the Church the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the truth and when he said that scripture was usefull he was talking about the OLD TESTEMENT!!!!

The original bible had more books in it, for a time Martin Luther took out revelation, Hebrews and James because it didnt fit his beliefs, not that it didnt match scripture.

The bible itself says that "scripture is not for personal interpretation" This means that you dont drink 3 cups of coffee read a few verses and say that the "holy spirit" gave you a "picture"

6 years ago
I read many systematic theology books and understand as much as I can.

I have found like many that the protestant movement was founded by man for man.

In many ways its a bit like a group of people who never got into an Airplane but read a guide on how to fly (after ripping out parts they didnt like) and stand around calling themselves pilots.

Then they go to the airport and tell the real pilots that they are not and have false teaching.

In addition, the "bible alone" was never believe by anyone until the 18th century. It is a "man-made" doctrine of "personal opinionated" beliefs in which the bible itself (tells us) that it is not, for "personal interpretation". Yet---how many thousands and thousands of contradicting "personal interpretations" of the bible have distorted, confused and twisted the minds, hearts and souls of Protestants, who "make up" their own "relative truths"!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485517 Oct 27, 2013
Judaism came "before" Christianity. And from all I have studied, Judaism did not and does not base any belief in the "trinity."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Trinitarianism contrasts with nontrinitarian positions which include Binitarianism (one deity in two persons, or two deities), Unitarianism (one deity in one person, analogous to Jewish interpretation of the Shema

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485518 Oct 27, 2013
I believe that Martin Luther was a monk that simply wanted to marry a nun and in turn lead his own form of religion that he (as did all theologians) labeled as the one and only truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Not only did the founders of the Catholic Church take this dim view of the Jews, I was amazed to find that the great reformer and founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther, shared the same passionate opposition toward them.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485519 Oct 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why do Protestants tell so many lies about the catholic church?
I suggest you check in your own religion for lies. There are plenty to go around.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485520 Oct 27, 2013
In order to not be associated with Judaism that they vilified as evil, the ex-Jew Catholics changed the dogmas as fast as possible, to veer away from Judaism.

The Sabbath was also changed from Saturday to Sunday.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

IN SHORT... Jews do not believe in a trinity. The Jewish idea of Gd is that Gd is One and Indivisible.

http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation6.h...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#485521 Oct 27, 2013
And the Catholics were not satisfied to vilify Judaism's dogmas as UNTRUE ... they vilified the Jews that practiced Judaism as evil heretics.

Whether there is some form of justice for those who perpetrate such crimes remains to seen ... but I hope not, as I wish all people well.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485522 Oct 27, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>and you've done it well.
KNIT..HUSKER ...whatever name,

Please stop picking on SERA,...for commenting on what you said on a,PUBLIC FORUM about your priest..to excuse the nasty word you Said .
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I just reported you.
I pray the poor man never reads,topix.

She was standing up for your Church .

And what you BElieve about my early education makes no difference . I have proved many times, I don't lie.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you, I think you make up a lot because you never paid attn in class. There are others here who went to Catholic school about the same time you did, and you forgot or mistook what the priest and nuns told you. Another thing, you said you went to mass occasionally, seems to me you should pay attn when you go, you wouldn't be posting nonsense about the Church.
You followed me here with some silly typo about my dog months, ago On your other name Persnickety . I think ..You use so many names it's hard to keep.up

You drag the business from one forum to another ..it's unseemly ..And rude to people here who do not know those people or care,.And the people you gossip about ...who are not present to defend themselves .

Every one can tell its,because SERA,is,my friend ..You go after her

Please,stop ...

I have not been answering you for week ..so you go after her .

The whole thing is childish

Post about your beliefs,....not personal attacks,..PLEASE for the twentieth time at least ...

God bless you and give you peace . I pray for you..
That you find,the peace you should have .

And,for myself and others,you cause to have bad feelings,..And hurt

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485523 Oct 27, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an urgency. The Bishops of the first Vatican council in 1868 felt it necessary to address the issue because the born again movement and SDAs and such were forming and telling everyone the Roman Catholic Church was prophesied in Revelation. Its the Whore of Babylon!! It doesn't make sense, because that's not nor never was the name of the Church itself. That's why the Vatican never said what the title of this thread alleges either.
Yet can't find a single fundie website that will say anything other than Roman Catholic. They stress that title with vengeance. I believe its because they have to paint a picture of a barbaric empire who corrupted the faith and their anti christ leader desires to snatch your Bibles away. The harlot and whore, right? Well, the true reason behind the label Roman completely messes up fundamental Christianity. Its a bombshell that will further force them to embrace yet another lie. To them, the Church must be called Roman. Byzantine, Syrian, Oriental, Ethiopian, Coptic, Greek, Ukrainian Catholics who recognize the office of the Bishop of Rome, will have to be re-labeled for the fundie.
OK. Thanks for the straightforward explanation.
I believe there has developed a great deal of misinformation and exaggeration within the church(s)[followers]...which most could be put to rest, except for stubborn bigotry and hatred.
ALL churches(people) are guilty of iniquities. Until they see themselves honestly, they can not "fix" them...and there will be no "peace". That is what Jesus was trying to tell folks 2000 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 28 Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web